1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pimp my library

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BiohazardSr, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    What does your home library look like? Is it nice and organized, or are there books everywhere? Is it filled with a lot of books, or just a few. Do you enjoy all of them, or are some there for decoration? And what kind of books is it filled with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My library exploded in quantity (and quality) over the past couple of months during my work with a publisher and, that said, half of the books I own are neatly stacked into four cardboard boxes plus eight box-sets on the side. I honestly don't have enough shelf space for all of it, so some needs to go. I mean really, I can almost build a throne of all the Games of Throneses (and media tie-ins) I have.

As for my bookshelf itself, I've got a narrow 2 foot wide by 5.5 foot tall bookshelf that's filled with 50% books and 50% other stuff. Old stereo I haven't used in years, mini globe, videogame boxes, music CD cases. Maybe I could do away with that, keep all my books, and have a single library jam-packed with books? Admittedly, some of the books I have up there are just decoration. I mean, the Divine Comedy? The entire works of Lovecraft and Poe? A 2015 edition of "Great American Short Stories"? I like reading, but I also like leaving my room.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Most of the time, I use libraries. My few books are often precious(i.e my favorites), free, or really really cheap. I've read all of the ones not yet donated at least 2-3 times each. Except for the picture books, those were for my brother. He doesn't read those anymore, either. All my books fit on two shelves, one for paperback volumes, and one for my favorite novels(on top) spiced up with some displays and little stuffed animals+plushies. It's pretty we ll organized, overall. I love fantasy, sci-fi, fiction in general. My 'favorites' shelf includes :Armada(it would have RPO but I have an e-book), Abhorsen Chronicles, Merlin(1), Black Ice, Sky Raiders, The Thief Lord, and some other books I don't remember right now. But note that all of the books up there are really good, and my favorites, true favorites, are forever etched in my mind.

Oh, and I have a Harry Potter Box/Chest set(my mom bought it, surprisingly, for herself), with stickers(that remain un-used) and all 7 books. The chest is in the bottom of the living room shelf, with movies 1-5 lying above it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.