1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pixel Art

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 19, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I wholeheartedly believe that pixel art is an extremely underrated art form. A lot goes into making pixel art, and I applaud those who tackle it. Y'all are the real MVPs. How much time goes into making pixel art? Do you have any tips for those who might want to start making some?

I've tried a couple of times with my OC Beetle but it just didn't turn out right. I think I'll just stick to my regular art pieces :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Sadly, I've never messed with pixel art. The best example of it, IMO, is the Korean MMO "Ragnarok Online".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I only started making pixel art recently, but it's been a lot of fun and a good learning experience for me! Looking at more experienced artists' lines helped me when I was trying to figure out how to make my own look smoother.

4. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I'm making a fangame so I have to do Pixel art (most Pixel Artists are busy so it's really hard to recruit one).
    A beginner should start with recoloring Pokémon sprites so he learns how shading works. Later he can try out splices (combining already existing sprite) and at thr end you can try to sprite from Scratch which is the longest and hardest part.

5. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I don't usually create pixel art, but I had to make an 8x32 pixel animation because of a project. I don't think pixel art suits my style, but I'm more than happy to make a few if needed. I might make some pixellated animated dA profile pictures in the future.