1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PKHeX: Discussion

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Ryan, Jan 25, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    For those who don't know, PKHeX is the new Pokegen for 6th gen. It allows you to inject custom made Pokémon into your game through the 3DS web browser.

What do you think about PKHeX now being usable by all who meet its (easily attainable) requirements? Will you be using the program? Why/why not?

Please keep debates on the morals of hacking to a minimum. If you'd like to engage in a debate, we have a different area for that.

2. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    In a way, I'm kinda pleased that they've managed to get it to work with just the 3DS itself. It reminds me of Pokécheck when it was still up and going, in that every 'mon came through wi-fi. I more than likely will use it, since I'm afraid to use Powersaves a lot and at least this way you won't easily brick your cartridge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Yayy this is gonna be a treat. It seems like a less tedious process than Pokegenning with my Gen 5 games. It's unfortunate that Pokecheck won't be working for Gen 6 since that was so much easier but this is fine too I guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm a little iffy on the subject of hacking in general, and this program makes it way to easy for people to manipulate the game, not that powersaves didn't do that before. However, as long as the Pokémon can't get into wifi, I think it should be fine. I won't be using the program myself, but I do think it's an interesting idea for those who just like playing around with the aspects of different Pokémon.

5. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'll probably use it, I used PokeCheck back in Gen 5, so wynaut?

6. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    The Pokémon can get into wifi as long as their stats, moves, abilities, met location, etc. is all legitimate. There won't be any Huge Power Slakings running around any time soon.

7. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    How long do you reckon we'll have before Nintendo nukes this vulnerability?

8. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I'd use it just because of how tedious breeding can be. If only my new computer were here...

9. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Anywhere from a day to a month or more. Hard to say.

10. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I want to say that will last for at least a week. Nintendo is good at preventing these methods from lasting for long periods of time, but not good enough to stop it in less than a week. Even if they do, there is always the option to ignore the firmware update until you have genned the Pokémon you want.

11. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Hopefully it'll be a month's long wait, or, by some miracle, it can't be patched (since they said it was a ram exploitation). Otherwise, a) there'll be no wifi for me for a while until I find the cash to get a new 3ds (I was gonna buy a second one anyway) or b ) bite the bullet, get the update and seek out people willing to inject .pkx files in their games for you.

12. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Why? Is your current 3DS broken? I'm personally not getting the New 3DS until my birthday in July, because I don't have the money, and because the only reason I want one at the moment is for Xenoblade Chronicles X, which probably isn't coming out anytime soon.

13. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    No. It's fine. It's just I'm concerned about whether or not Nintendo will release an update, that will in turn disable the use of wi-fi until you update to the latest version and lose the ability to perform this exploit.

14. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I didn't even think of that. Hopefully they won't think to do that.

15. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    They patched it -3 months later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.