1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Playing Along with Community Month Nuzlocke (Platinum Randomizer)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Wolf Expert, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    One of the events for community month is a Nuzlocke event, which sounded pretty fun at first, but only allows the 3DS titles to be used. I could enter, but I don't want to restart any of my games. Sure, I could just transfer my Pokémon over, but it also took me 3 days just to buy a certain bag in Y because I wanted a specific outfit to challenge the elite four. There are more ways to progress through a game aside from just catching and training Pokémon. I don't feel like doing all of that again. So instead, I decided to do my own Nuzlocke, a randomized Platinum version, using the same rules as the Nuzlocke event. In this way, I'll sort of be "playing along" since I'm using the event's rules, which I haven't used before. I would encourage anyone reading this to check out the event though, especially if you're not as picky about starting a new game as I am. Here are the rules so anyone reading this doesn't have to flip back to the Community Month thread:

- All pokémon must be nicknamed
    - If a pokémon faints it is considered dead and must be boxed permanently
    - If all pokémon in your party faints is game over
    - Must catch the first pokémon encountered on a route (Even if is one you've caught before)
    - In-game gift pokémon are allowed
    - No Exp. Share
    - Pokémon that evolves via trading must gain 10 levels from capture/last evolution before you can evolve it again
    - Legendary pokémon are not allowed

There was a rule about Pokémon amie and a detail about totem Pokémon, but obviously those don't apply to 4th gen so I took them out. Since I'm using a rom for this, I don't think I'll be able to evolve any trade Pokémon, but I'll leave that rule in there just because. I'll also be adding one more rule of my own just to start things off:

-The starter Pokémon will be the Pokémon positioned on the left. (If that one's a legendary, I'll start with the one in the center. If the center Pokémon is also a legendary, I'll start with the one on the right. If all 3 are legendaries somehow, I'll waive the rule not allowing legendaries and just go with the one on the left.)

Since it's a randomizer, I don't know what I'll be getting so even my starter will be random. I'll still look to see what the other starters are.

Without further ado, let's be off! (In the next post of course :P)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Morgaine, Cadbberry and Hraesvelgr like this.
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Alright! Time to start off on a new journey! First thing I noticed was that this emulator is extremely laggy. I messed around with some settings to make it playable. It works fine now, but every time Barry talks to me, the dialogue moves ridiculously fast. Fitting, I guess. I head out towards route 201 after meeting with Barry at his house.

Barry gets the bright idea to run off into the grass without any Pokémon, but fortunately Professor Rowan shows up to stop him just in time. After a little bit of chatter, he agrees to give us each a Pokémon! Dawn shows up with the briefcase containing the Pokémon in them. Let’s see what we get!

So the image of the Pokémon hasn’t changed apparently. The first one still looks like Turtwig but is actually… Mesprit? Fitting, I guess, but I can’t choose that one. The second Pokémon is Magby. Alright! Just out of curiosity I check the last Pokémon. It’s a Cranidos.

Professor Rowan leaves with Dawn close behind and Barry immediately wants to have a Pokémon battle. Let’s see how we do! He sends out… Exeggcute? Where did that come from? Oh well. Oh boy, Magby’s moveset is a bit weird. Bubblebeam, Weather Ball, Teeter Dance, and Hyper Fang. Hyper fang is pretty good at least. Aaaaaand Exeggcutor knows rockslide.

….

You know, I’m going to go ahead and say the first battle doesn’t matter since you don’t get the white out screen.

The next day Barry suggests we go to the lake to try to catch the legendary Pokémon, but… hasn’t Dawn already done that? She had Mesprite with her. Oh well. We find a weird old guy there mumbling to himself. He leaves but then we realize we don’t have any pokeballs on us so we can’t catch the Pokémon. Barry rushes off to find the professor.

I run into Dawn outside the lab, then Barry literally runs into me on the way out. The professor takes a look at Magby and thinks I made it evolve? Interesting. Well, now I know what happens if you have a Pokémon other than one of the starters registered in your dex by this point. I never knew. Finally I have the option to name the little guy.

Let’s go with… Blaise. Random name I just looked up, but I think it sounds nice.

Professor Rowan gives me the Pokédex. On the way, out he also gives me the TM for Return. Nice! Dawn shows me around town and I stop in the mart to buy some pokeballs. Alright! Back to route 201, let’s see what I can catch!

The first Pokémon I encounter is Lanturn! I manage to catch it, but Blaise’s health is pretty low and it’s paralyzed. Well, we’ll worry about that in a moment. I think I’ll name my Lanturn Lux. I manage to get back home without either of my buddies fainting. Yay!

Barry’s mom shows up and asks me to deliver a parcel to him after Barry ran off all of a sudden. Well, I guess I’ll try training a bit in the area first. Blaise nearly dies to another Lanturn, but Lux manages to take it out and Blaise learns Crabhammer. Really? I guess I’ll get rid of Weather Ball?

I head to route 202 after some training and find Dawn there, who wants to show me how to catch a Pokémon. Because clearly I don’t know how yet. She sends out her Chimchar against an Aron and faints it instantly. Well, so much for tutorials. She still giggles and says “Isn’t that neat? Actually it’s better to lower your target’s HP lower than I did” …Well, I’m terrified. She gives me some pokeballs and walks away.

…Well, let’s see if we can catch a new friend. I find an Exeggcutor. Neat! I accidentally knock it out when Lux lands a crit. Well, looks like I’m sticking with these two for now. I thought I was going to have fire, water, and grass right from the start, but nope.

I make my way through the route, battling all of the trainers along the way. The last trainer poisons Lux with Twin Needle and I rush towards the Pokémon center. But then Dawn appears. Oh no! She tells me I’m not safe with so few Pokémon. I think she’s threatening me? Well she leads me to the outside of the Pokémon center at least. Oh there’s also some weird shady guy who calls himself “Looker.” Weird. I make it to the Pokémon center and heal Lux, then head back out for some more training.

I’m almost finished with training when I realize I never went to look for a Pokémon around Lake Verity, so I double back to look. I find a Magneton. It’s only level 2 so I don’t bother even attempting to weaken it. Fortunately it knows Volt Tackle, so I let it weaken itself. I manage to catch it, but just barely. It’s health is low and I’m down to only a few pokeballs. Even with low health at level 2, its catch rate must be terrible. I’m going to call them Tint. Tint turns out to be pretty strong. In no time at all, I get them up to level 15, the same level as Blaise and Lux.

I head to the trainer’s school and deliver the parcel to Barry. There were two town maps inside it. He gave me one before running off to Oreburgh.

[​IMG]
    Blaise - Level 15
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Flame Body
    Moves: Bubblebeam, Flamethrower, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang

[​IMG]
    Lux - Level 15
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Illuminate
    Moves: ThunderPunch, Aqua Jet, Softboiled, Brine

[​IMG]
    Tint - Level 15
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Iron Head

Cadbberry likes this.
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Blaise and Lux has random moves yet Tint over there has a set that matches its typing (even if it's not legal, thanks to VT).. Heh, good luck! I love randomizers, and Random Platinum is fun!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wolf Expert likes this.
  4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Plot twist: Dawn is actually the head of a mafia family... Dawn, Don. Coincidence? I think not. But really, this is hilarious. I’m already getting attached to these guys. Good luck!

Wolf Expert likes this.
  5. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Yeah, weirdly, aside from crabhammer, I'm pretty sure all of the moves they've learned so far have been moves they can actually have or moves that match their typing. Tint also tried to learn Metal Sound at one point. Lux tried learning Rain Dance and at that point I regretted getting rid of Weather Ball and Tint learned Thunder not long after. I could have had a rain team.

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    It’s a new day, perfect for catching some new Pokémon! I wish Lux still had Thunder Wave. Oh well. I head north of Jubilife city to route 204 and find a Wheezing. Fortunately I’m using Tint so it can’t poison me. Unfortunately, I forgot to buy more pokeballs… Whoops. Well… back to town. Somehow I have just enough for… 2? Wow. I go to find some trainers.

I battle the trainers on route 204 then head to route 203 where I find Barry waiting for me. Of course, he challenges me to a battle. He starts with a Zubat, which is dealt with easily. He switches to Oddish and I switch to Blaise. Again, we knock it out easily. Looks like his Exeggcute is dead though. And somehow I actually have more Pokémon than him.

I battle as many of the trainers as I can on the route without walking through the grass and even manage to find a Pokéball on the ground. I go back to the mart, buy some more pokeballs, and return for my first encounter with a Slugma. Wow it’s only level 4, but has devastating moves and gets Tint’s health down pretty low. I manage to catch her after a few pokeballs. I think I’ll name her Blaire. She’s sort of like Blaise’s little sister.

I head to route 218, getting an Old Rod from the fisher at the gate in the process. This will be my first time trying to catch a Pokémon in the water. I cast out my line and catch a… Chinchou? Huh. Well the rules allow, and to an extent, require repeats, so sure. I catch him easily. Now Lux has a little brother too! I guess it’s only fitting to call him Lumen. Uh, Illuminate doesn’t stack, does it?

I know I have access to a cave to the north, but I feel like saving pokeballs for now, so I’ll save that for later. I head to the Pokémon center for a quick break before training up the two younger siblings. While training I run across a Magmar. Huh, so I could have actually caught a Pokémon in Blaise’s evolutionary line.

I train the siblings up a little, but I should probably check out what Pokémon I can find in other areas first. Having two fire types and two from the Chinchou line on my team probably isn’t the best idea. I head into Oreburgh gate. The Hiker inside gives me the HM for Rock Smash.

I find a Gible! Oh, please, please, please! I catch her after only 2 pokeballs! I want a name that sounds strong for the little dragon so I spend some time searching for one that sounds right. After a while I settle on Aella, which means “storm, wind, or whirlwind.” Oooh goodness me. She knows Spacial Rend.

I make it to Oreburgh city, stop by the Pokémon center, and buy some more pokeballs before heading up to route 207 where I find a Venomoth. I still don’t have many pokeballs on me and it seems too hard to catch after a few attempts, so I decide to forego it this time. Sorry, Venomoth.

I run into Barry outside the Gym who mentions the gym leader is in the coal mine. One more chance to catch a new Pokémon along the way. I find a Bellossom. Lux weakens her with a few Aqua Jets and I manage to catch her with just 1 Pokéball left. Welcome to the team, Flora! I switch her with Blaire.

I find the gym leader deep in the coal mine. He demonstrates Rock Smash before returning to the gym. Okay, time to do some training! A wild Bellossom tries to use Guillotine on my Pokémon. Fortunately it fails, but I think I should avoid those…

Finally my team is all up to level 16. Normally I would train more, but there aren’t really any good Pokémon to train on in this area, or at least the low exp Pokémon far outnumber the high exp, and Aella is slow to grow, so I might just go give the gym a try. I head to the Pokémon center once more before heading to the gym.

Since I doubt typing is an issue, I’m starting off with my buddy Blaise. He knocks out the first trainer’s Doduo and the second trainer’s Meowth without problem. The second trainer sends out a Bibarel and I switch to Tint since I haven’t used them in a while. It also goes down without difficulty. Looks like this gym is actually normal type now. I’ve noticed that all of the areas I find tend to be monotype, so I guess the gyms would still have types.

I approach Roark, who welcomes me to the gym. He goes on about how great rock types are, then sends out a Jigglypuff. Blaise knocks it out and he sends out a Buneary. Blaise attacks once and Buneary counters with Dizzy Punch. Fortunately it gets burned by Flame Body and faints immediately after. Blaise grows to level 17. He sends out Spinda and I decide to give Aella a try. Aella attacks with Dragon Claw once, then again after Roark uses a potion. Spinda uses Mega Kick and brings Aella down to 6HP. Oh no! But one more Dragon Claw knocks it out. Whew that was close.

Roark gives me a TM for Stealth Rock in addition to the badge, but… wait. That TM number seems pretty high. I check and its actually Memento. The Return TM the professor gave me is actually for Acupressure. Huh. These guys need to label their TMs better. Oh well, first badge!

I head to the Pokémon center and check to see if I have any Pokémon that can learn Rock Smash. Fortunately, all… of them can…? Is that right or can they just all learn it because of the randomizer? I’m not sure, but hey if it works, it works. I decide to teach it to Flora, while also getting rid of Me First, because her attacks are a little weird.

Alright! First badge and no deaths, that sounds like a good place to leave off for now.

[​IMG]
    Blaise - Level 16
    Moves: Bubblebeam, Flamethrower, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang
    My beloved starter, best buddy

[​IMG]
    Lux - Level 16
    Moves: ThunderPunch, Aqua Jet, Softboiled, Brine
    The first Pokémon I caught. Protects Lumen with Softboiled

[​IMG]
    Lumen - Level 16
    Nature: Naive
    Moves: Wish, Spark, Octazooka, Air Slash
    Lux's little brother. Supports his big brother with Wish.

[​IMG]
    Tint - Level 16
    Holds our team together.

[​IMG]
    Aella - Level 16
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moves: Dragon Pulse, Spacial Rend, Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw
    Baby dragon with great potential but has a long way to go.

[​IMG]
    Flora - Level 16
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Moves: Guillotine, Rock Smash, Water Spout, Hyper Beam
    Aella's rival who nearly killed her with Water Spout.

[​IMG]
    Blaire - Level 13
    Moves: Fire Blast, Heat Wave, Blaze Kick, Eruption
    Blaise's little sister. Likes to kick her brother, apparently.

7. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Yay congrats on the first badge! Lol, I love your Pokémon's personality quips <3

Wolf Expert likes this.
  8. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I headed back to Jubilife city with plans to head north towards Ecruteak. At the edge of town, that weird guy shows up again and asks if I have a pal pad yet before running off. Weird. Well it’s a good thing he stopped me anyway because I almost forgot to buy more pokeballs before moving on.

After buying the pokeballs, I head north and find some shady guys threatening Dawn and the professor. Weird. Looker said there were no shady people before he ran off. Then again, it is Dawn who they’re threatening. The professor gives them a pretty intense crash course on etiquette, which the thugs aren’t too happy about. Then Dawn suggests we battle them together. Sigh…

They send out a Skorupi and Mankey. Dawn sends out a Doduo and I send out Flora. Both of our Pokémon knock out the enemy Pokémon in one hit each and the two trainers run off. Professor Rowan says that they were planning to use the energy released when Pokémon evolve for… something. That sounds sinister.

I move on and enter Ravaged Cave. A new area means a new Pokémon! I find a Bagon! Another dragon! I accidentally knock it out… Whoops. I didn’t realize the level was still too low and I figured Rock Smash would be okay. Well time to move on. Unfortunately the area outside of the cave is just another part of route 204. I know the Pokémon should theoretically be different here, but it’s still the same route so I’ll skip it.

I make it to Floaroma Town. It’s pretty but not much is here. I head to route 205 where I find a little girl who mentions her father is being held hostage by space men. Well, that’s not good. I look for a new Pokémon first. I’ll probably need to do some training too. I find a Budew. Huh. That’s kind of boring. Well I catch it, easily. I’ll name her Flo after the town. I guess it’s good to have a backup grass type. You know, just in case.

I try to head north, but two more of those “Team Galactic” guys stop me, also mentioning as they do that they’re stealing Pokémon from the meadow and power from the wind works. Alright then, training time.

After training for a while, the team all reaches level 20. Blaise learned Flamethrower in place of Bubblebeam, Lux learned Thunder and Muddy Water in place of ThunderPunch and Brine, and Lumen learned Brine and Thunderwave in place of Spark and Octazooka. I figured Thunderwave would help with catching Pokémon in the future. Even though they’re essentially the same species, the two brothers are actually pretty different.

Off to the windworks. I defeat the guard outside, but he locks the door. Luckily he tells me where the other key is so it’s off to the meadow. There I find two more of the Team Galactic grunts trying to mug a guy for… honey. Weird. They could just go to the store and buy some pretty cheaply I’m sure. Well they try to silence me as a witness. Unfortunately, that doesn’t work out so well for them. They drop the key when they run off. I take it and head back to the windworks.

I battle my way through and find their commander, Mars. I send out Lux and Mars sends out a Swinub. Lux takes it out with Muddy Water. Mars sends out a Sealeo next. It uses Avalanche, but that doesn’t do much. One Thunder knocks it out too.

Some guy named Charon makes fun of Mars for losing and introduces himself in a weirdly arrogant way. Well he runs off, along with the others, without a battle, so that’s one problem solved, I guess. The little girl from outside is reunited with her dad and the day is saved!

I run into Looker outside who mentions Team Galactic has a building in Eterna city, where I’m heading next. Oh goodie. Well, time to move on to the next town.

Inside Eterna Forest I find a girl named Cheryl who asks to travel together. Safety in numbers and all of that. I’m still going to try catching a new Pokémon, but since it’ll be double battles, I’ll use the same rules as I did when picking my starter, starting with the Pokémon on the left.

We encounter a Bagon and an Altaria. Oh dear this forest is full of dragons! Bagon is on the left, meaning that that’s the one I need to try to catch. Aaaand then Cheryl’s Pokémon makes it faint. But then Cheryl’s Pokémon faints too. I guess since I didn’t really get a choice, and that was the whole point of the rule, I should still try to catch Altaria? It takes a few pokeballs, paralyzing it definitely helped, but I do manage to catch it. I’m going to call him Azure.

Double battles are actually the worst thing ever, especially with the trainers. Cheryl’s Parasect keeps getting knocked out, leaving my Pokémon in a 2v1 battle. This is not a good situation. At least she’s healing my Pokémon for me. That’s nice.

And then a Salamance with Roar of Time appeared. Well, it was only level 12 so not much of a threat, but that still terrified me.

Once we get by all the trainers, it’s a lot easier getting through the forest. I go ahead and take advantage of the free healing and level my Pokémon up to 23 each. Cheryl gives me a Soothe Bell for guiding her before she leaves.

Unfortunately, this new area outside the forest is just an extension of route 205, so no new Pokémon here. But hey, we made it to Eternia! I run into Barry and he insist on bringing me to see some statue. In front of the statue, we see that guy we first saw at Lake Verity. He’s still mumbling to himself like last time. Well Barry runs off, as usual, so I head to route 211 to see what Pokémon I can find there.

I find a Mightyena. Cool! With a surprising amount of difficulty, I manage to catch her. I’ll call her Freya, and then rush back to the Pokémon center before doing anything else because she nearly killed Lumen.

On the way there, I meet a trainer named Cynthia who says she’s studying mythology. She gives me the HM for cut and asks that I give her regards to Professor Rowan. How nice!

I go to do some training and-- WHAT? AELLA’S EVOLVING! Wooh! We now have a Gabite! It’s hard to believe Aella was the first one to evolve, but there you have it! I think I could technically evolve Tint now too since we’re so close to Mt. Coronet. I’m not sure if it needs to be in a specific area or just inside the mountain in general. Let’s find out! We’ll find a new Pokémon too, although I’m counting it for the entirety of the mountain.

I find a Solrock. Huh, okay. I run out of pokeballs though. Ugh, I forgot to go buy more.

I go back to training and get Tint to level up. Yes, they’re evolving! We now have a Magnezone! I’ll go ahead and finish levelling all of my Pokémon up to 25 then go take on the gym.

On the way back to the Pokémon center, we get cornered by a Shiftry. I’ve encountered them before with no problem, but somehow it manages to just barely survive Air Slash and it lands a critical hit… and kills Lumen.

NOOOOOO! YOU WILL PAY, SHIFTRY! Lux finishes it off with Aqua Jet to avenge his little brother.

I give Lumen a proper funeral by placing him in a PC Box I labeled “Cemetary.”

Well, the only Pokémon who isn’t a type we already have so far is the Mightyena we just caught, so welcome to the team, Freya.

I heal up my team and… huh. Looks like that Shiftry infected Lux with Pokerus. I’ll have to try to spread it to one of my boxed Pokémon before I train Freya up. I think I’ll go with Flo since that’s the one I’m most likely to use.

NOOOOOO! Why is this happening? While training Freya, we battled a trainer with a Weedle that knew Megahorn. She didn’t even stand a chance. Two Pokémon in such quick succession. Well… Flo, I guess you’re up. I shouldn’t have said anything about potentially using her.

Now that I’m thoroughly heartbroken, I think I should take a break for a while.

[​IMG]
    Blaise - Level 24
    Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang

[​IMG]
    Lux - Level 25
    Moves: Thunder, Aqua Jet, Softboiled, Muddy Water
    The first Pokémon I caught. Avenged Lumen with Aqua Jet, contracted Pokerus in the process.

[​IMG]
    Tint - Level 24
    Holds our team together.

[​IMG]
    Aella - Level 25
    Growing up, getting faster and stronger. Has nearly died too many times.

[​IMG]
    Flora - Level 24
    Moves: Grasswhistle, Rock Smash, Water Spout, Hyper Beam
    Sings lullabies to Flo with Grasswhistle.

[​IMG]
    Flo - Level 9
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Toxic, Seed Bomb, Tickle, Sleep Powder
    A young sprout who looks up to Flora.

[​IMG]
    Blaire - Level 13

[​IMG]
    Azure - Level 13
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Moves: Drill Peck, Razor Wind, Thrash, Roost

Deceased:
    [​IMG]
    Lumen - Level 24
    Moves: Wish, Spark, Brine, Air Slash
    Died to a critical hit from a Shiftry, avenged by his older brother.

[​IMG]
    Freya - Level 15
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Payback, Milk Drink, Assurance, Torment
    Was always afraid of bugs. Died from a bad Weedle sting.

9. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Congrats on the evolutions, but OOOUUCCHHH on losing 2 companions in one day... ;n;

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I know! I was kind of expecting it to an extent. Seems like it's always around the 2nd badge when things go wrong for me. Usually after the third badge things tend to be okay, but randomizers can be pretty brutal, so who knows? Especially this one, which seems to like giving Pokémon overpowered stab moves. At least I haven't run into any legendaries yet.

11. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Now that we’ve all had some time to grieve, it’s time to start training up little Flo. I start by giving her the Soothe Bell Cheryl gave me. The sooner she evolves, the sooner she’ll be out of danger. Or at least will be in substantially less danger. Currently she’s the lowest level Pokémon I own, even counting the ones who have died.

Flo gets to level 25 pretty quickly and the rest of the team gets there along the way. Turns out the little Budew is pretty strong. One-shotting Shiftry with Sludge Bomb is probably more satisfying than it should be. She can take down Tyrannitar, which are over 400 exp each, in just a couple of hits with minimal damage thanks to Sleep powder. She still hasn’t evolved yet, but that’s okay. It might actually count as night right now, I’m not sure.

Well, time to take on the next gym. I switch Blaise to the front of my party, which is good since the first trainer ends up having a Torchic and a Ponyta. Well well, looks like it turned into a fire type gym. Seems like a fire hazard with all of the plants in here.

Blaise gets to level 26 after defeating the last gym trainer and I switch to Lux for the battle against Gardenia. Her first Pokémon is a Torchic, which gets taken down by Muddy Water. That’s followed by a Rapidash. Both of the first attacks miss, then Rapidash burns Lux with Sacred Fire. Lux misses again and gets hit by one more Sacred Fire before finally taking it down with Muddy Water. She sends out a Charmeleon last, which for some reason attacks with Attack Order of all things while Lux heals with Softboiled. One more Muddy Water wins the badge!

Gardenia asks me if it was tough to raise my Pokémon to be so strong. I refuse to comment, thinking of our recently fallen comrades. I don’t want to think about how one was killed by a Weedle. She gives me the TM for Helping Hand and tells me that it hurts larger enemies more. Uuuuh, if you say so.

The next area requires I get a bike, but the owner of the bike store went missing after going after Team Galactic. Of course. Well, time to teach those Pokémon thieves a lesson. It does look as though all Pokémon can learn all HMs, which is kind of funny. I go ahead and teach it to Flora in place of Grasswhistle because her moves are still terrible.

Outside of the Team Galactic building, I pause to wonder how they go about getting in and out of their building with trees blocking the entrance. Inside, Looker, dressed up as one of the grunts, finds me and gives me a hint on how to get through the building. Yeah, I don’t really care, I just battle my way through all of them anyway.

I get to the top floor, stealing all of their stuff on the way, and find the bike shop owner confronting Jupiter. Aella takes out her Hoothoot quickly and Tint does the same to her Vespiquen. The bike shop owner gets his Clefairy back and frees the other Pokémon. He asks me to come by the bike shop for a reward.

I leave the building and as I’m heading towards the bike shop, Cynthia shows up again and gives me a Pokémon egg! How nice. It’s already pretty close to hatching. Hmm, let’s see what it hatches into. I get a bike from the shop first. Riding around will make it go quicker.

The egg hatches into a… Togepi. Huh. Well that was a little anticlimactic. I name him Fortunato like I usually do with the Togepi line and then leave him in the box on standby. It doesn’t feel right adding him to the party since he’s not randomized, weirdly enough, so unless I absolutely have to, I won’t.

I take a break for a little while. A couple days, in fact, and after resuming I decided to look over all of my Pokémon. As I did so, I found that Azure was holding a MASTER BALL. I don’t know where that came from, but it’s mine now. Thanks, birdie! I’ll have to save it for something really good.

That being said, onto the next route! I hop on my bike and head to route 206. I battle my way through the trainers on cycling road then stop off at Oreburgh to heal up my team before returning for a Pokémon. Oooh, it’s a Haunter! I’ll call her Mara. Actually, catching a ghost reminds me, I forgot to check out the Old Chateau.

I head back to Eterna City and into the forest. I find Gardenia there and she tells me that the house is haunted. Fun! Well I’m sure this will go just fine as long as I don’t turn off the TV.

In the kitchen I find a Pikachu! Cool! Welcome aboard, Peach! I don’t know why, but I always name my Pikachu Papaya if it’s a male or Peach if it’s female. Well I probably won’t be using her on my team any time soon since I already have 2 electric types. Too bad.

In the Foyer I find a Politoed. Aww man! Well, it’s good experience for Flo, I guess. In a side room I find a Rapidash. Wow, this place is just full of really cool Pokémon! I explore the house for a while longer, then head back to town. This time, I’m sure to check to see if the new Pokémon have any hold items, which they don’t. After a bit of consideration, I decided to swap out Flora with Mara. I teach Cut to Tint in place of Volt Tackle and teach Rock Smash to Mara in place of Gastro Acid.

I find my way to Wayward Cave and I find a Poliwrath inside! Surprisingly it only takes one Pokéball to catch. “Tad” seems too obvious of a name, so I change it up a little and go with “Todd” instead.

Weirdly when Lux levels up to 27, it attempts to learn Zap Cannon, Discharge, and Volt Tackle all at once. I’m guessing normally it would have learned each of the Stockpile moves at that level.

Being on a bike and with Lux’s Illuminate, it’s too difficult to avoid wild Pokémon to do the bike puzzle, so I go explore the other side of the cave. I leave not too long after because I don’t feel like wandering around in the dark. While battling a trainer, Mara gets hit with a Zap Cannon, which one-shots it.

Really? 50% hit rate! Ugh, sorry little ghostie.

Welcome back to the team, Flora…

I head to Mt. Coronet and find that weird blue haired guy again, who rambles something about how the human spirit ruined the world or something, I dunno. Oh well, route 208 is next. Let’s see if there’s something here we can catch. Like this Shuppet! Alright!

Oh dear, it has insomnia, so Flo’s Sleep Powder didn’t work, then it poisoned itself on Flo’s Poison Point. Hopefully I can catch it quickly.

Yes! I’m going to call her Dusk, I think.

I finally make it to Hearthome city. Finally. I switch out Flora with Dusk and now it’s time to do some training. I don’t like how strong the trainers are becoming.

[​IMG]
    Blaise - Level 27
    Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang

[​IMG]
    Lux - Level 27
    Moves: Thunder, Aqua Jet, Softboiled, Muddy Water
    The first Pokémon I caught. Avenged Lumen with Aqua Jet, contracted Pokerus in the process.

[​IMG]
    Tint - Level 27
    Moves: Cut, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Iron Head
    Holds our team together.

[​IMG]
    Aella - Level 27
    Growing up, getting faster and stronger. Has nearly died too many times.

[​IMG]
    Flo - Level 28
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Toxic, Seed Bomb, Tickle, Sleep Powder
    A young sprout who's surprisingly strong.

[​IMG]
    Dusk - Level 18
    Ability: Insomnia
    Moves: Growl, Wood Hammer, Shadow Force, Trump Card
    Feeds on our sadness over our fallen comrades. Enjoys the taste of tears.

[​IMG]
    Flora - Level 28
    Moves: Grasswhistle, Rock Smash, Water Spout, Hyper Beam
    Doesn't want to be replaced on the team. Probably sabotaged Mara somehow.

[​IMG]
    Blaire - Level 13

[​IMG]
    Azure - Level 13
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Moves: Drill Peck, Razor Wind, Thrash, Roost
    Master of birds that held a Master Ball!

[​IMG]
    Fortunato - Level 1
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Hustle
    Moves: Guillotine, Mind Reader, Yawn, SmellingSalt
    A little baby Pokémon hatched from the egg Cynthia gave me. Could theoretically destroy any Pokémon that's not a ghost if it's still alive by round 2.

[​IMG]
    Peach - Level 16
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Discharge, ThunderFang, Energy Ball, Volt Tackle
    So many electric types.

[​IMG]
    Todd - Level 20
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves: Withdraw, Water Pulse, Hammer Arm, Brine
    Strangely eager to join the team.

Deceased:
    [​IMG]
    Lumen - Level 24
    Moves: Wish, Spark, Brine, Air Slash
    Died to a critical hit from a Shiftry, avenged by his older brother.

[​IMG]
    Freya - Level 15
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Payback, Milk Drink, Assurance, Torment
    Was always afraid of bugs. Died from a bad Weedle sting.

[​IMG]
    Mara - Level 24
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Cross Poison, Night Shade, Poison Jab, Rock Smash
    Was just unlucky in general.

12. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Good luck on your nuzlocke! I'm sure you can do it! :D

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    I should probably start working on this again at some point. Whoops. Nuzlockes are hard to stick with.