1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Playlist Challange 1: Zero Twelve

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Strytho, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    So I've been toying around with a story since around 2011 and have yet to gully write it. My biggest problem is that I have a hard time writing a full story, I'm much better with writing smaller chunks and piecing them together later. I wrote parts of it in two different NaNoWriMo challanges, one as the initial version, and the second as a rewrite. The truth is it didn't turn out right to me and I've always wanted to go back and rewrite it but with all the ideas I have for it I could never come up with the final thing. Some scenes I've written three different ways even though they all come to the same ending. Then a couple months back I realized that no matter what scene I thought about, there was a particular song that I always associated with it, even had it playing in the backgroun in my head during each scene when I imagined them. So I came to a conclusion, write it with music. Write the story piece by piece, song by song, until I had enough to piece together the story. I then made my first playlist for this called "Change". So now I'm going to write this story one playlist at a time and see what everyone thinks about it. If I can get enough feedback and improve it enough, I can finally finish my story and possibly move onto the next one.

So here is a general synopsis of the story:

There is a theory that the alien sighting at roswell was actually a soviet hover craft sent to the united states to tell them "hey, we can hit you anytime we want, deal with it!". Assuming that theory is correct, what if it happened, and it caused the US government to find a space craft left behind by an alien species on the brink of destruction? The Kroahkans (croke-ans) we an amphibias humanoid specied that was hit with a disease and went into stasis. They send the craft to help create someone who would come and save them. the ship crashed and the crew died. The government finds it and finds all of the alien knowledge onboard. Fearing an invasion may happen in the future, a secret agency called sector black is established to safeguard the united states. They develop technology based on what is in the space craft and for years keep the rest of the us and the world in the dark about it. While NASA is building rockets, sector black already has technology hundreds of years ahead. A group of nine people are selected to lead this agency and control it's military force. They are called Hydra, and no one knows who they are. They begin experiments to create living machine soldier and eventually turn to converting living people into them.

The main character, Jason Tyler Monroe is one of these people. He is bioroid model 012. He was created for the sole purpose of becoming who and what he is now, a super soldier. When he was younger, he was told what his purpose was and what would happen to him. He found a way to "leave the project", but then had a horrible vision of what would happen if he did. Driven by love and fear, he destroyed his only means of escape and committed himself to the project. When the time came, he was ripped away from the people he love and was nearly killed in the process. Everyone except his parent and his best friend thought he was dead, but he barely survived. His parents thought they would never see him again and his best friend Isabella Halen never stopped looking for the truth. The story then goes into what happened to him after he left, his return, and his victory over an old friend turned enemy in a fight to save the world from a man consumed with greed and power.

This challenge will help me write this story and help get me going on getting it done. Be prepared that things will be out of order, but I will post an index of what goes in what order at a later date. Feedback will be appreciated. I hope you all enjoy this and I hope to get some feedback on this. I will be writing in a script style because that is how I prefer to write.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    So I'm going to do one chapter ever week to two weeks at the latest. Each chapter is going to revolve around a single song.

Here is the list of songs in the order of the playlist.

1. Robot boy (Extended Remix) - Linkin Park

2. Heavy - Linkin Park feat. Kiiara

3. Good Goodbye - Linkin Park feat. Pusha T and Stormzy

4. Battle Symphony - Linkin Park

5. Wicked [NCS Release] - John Kenza

6. Super Heroes - Daft Punk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRt5z880CFY

7. Roar - Treat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIIMjPErK4

The chapters will be written in the playlist order. If anybody has suggestions for other songs, they would be appreciated to help write future chapters because many of my ideas tend to jump from song to song.

3. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Been working on the 1st chapter but before I start, here is something to give you a vague idea. This chapter was spur of the moment and was inspired by a song from the latest Linkin Park album. I'm pretty sure you'll figure out which one. Again, this will make more sense once I put out more chapters.

Disclaimer: I only own the story and it's characters. I do not own any music or lyrics, I am only using them for entertainment purposes. Please support the official release of all music and remember that while there will be many references, they are again for entertainment. If you can spot them kudos and, please support their official releases of those as well. Enjoy the story!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

=== I'm Sorry, but Now I'm Back ===

Jason Walked up to the front of the crowd with a serious look on his face. As he approached the podium, he took a small chip out of his pocket and smoothly inserted it into the podium. All the screens in the area lit up and showed his face. An announcer called all attention to both Jason and the screens.

Jason cleared his throat.

Jason: It's time to talk about the real reason I'm hear today.

Jack: About @*** time you told us why the #*** you dragged our @***** out here!

Jason: I had honestly prepared a detailed and well written speech for the occassion, but I say to #*** with it! The truth is I'm tired of who I really am. For twelve long years I have shifted between one hundred and five different identities for the purpose of deception. I was one of four children taken willingly in order to be transformed into a living weapon the likes of which the world has never known. That is not the issue here, the issue is the wreckage I left in my wake. The people I hurt the day I left and how I never reconciled with them.

Jason stepped away from the podium and into the crowd.

Jason: I left behind the people I cared for the most in order to protect them

Lisa Meyers: Yeah, and what the #*** did you need to protect THEM from?

Jason took a step towards her and frowned. With a heavy sigh he began to speak.

Jason: I had to protect YOU from ME.

Lisa gawked, not certain what he meant. Jason continued walking through the crowd towards the center.

Jason: To understand who I had to protect and why, we need to talk about HIM.

Lyra Henderson: Whyt do you have to keep dredging Jason and his good name through the mud? He DIED! He was the real hero here and we don't appreciate you souring his good name like this! Let our friend rest in peace! If he could be here he...

Jason jumped throught the air and landed right in front of her.

Jason: Hate to spoil the memory, darlin', but he's not as dead as you think. Despite what you were all told and lead to believe, he's still very much alive. That fiasco with the Demons was one of the worst government cover up jobs in the history of the United States, even my superiors can attest to that!

Jason passed her and continued to a gun metal square platform the was rising up in the center of the park.

Jason: Jason didn't die, he woke up on the autopsy table and was taken to life a... much different life from there.

Angry townsperson 1: Yeah, then why didn't he ever come back or let us know what the heck happened to him?

Jason: Alpha Omega Protocol.

Mrs. Meyers walked up towards him

Mrs. Meyers: Jason, I think you need to get to the point sweetie. I'm not sure how much more they can take.

Mr. Meyers: Or how much longer we can wait to see our boy again.

The crowd looked in shock, confusion on their faces.

Mr. Meyers: We were in part of the loop, we always knew he was alive. We were bound by the same rules as he was.

Jason: Alpha Omega Protocol, what starts with you ends with your death. If you divulge information without permision, you and the effected parties can be killed for it. The protocol was lifted on the matter three weeks, ten hours, and 6 minutes ago. I have waited for this moment for twelve long years.

Jason Stepped onto the platform and a sphere floated out of the center. as it came near, a holographic console activated with nothing but a hand print in the center.

Jason: Computer, It's time. I'm ready to die and come back to life. I want to be the person I was born as, not the person they needed me to be.

Several rifleman lined up in a funeral formation and presented arms. Jason placed his hand on the console.

Jason: I Jason Tyler Monroe, do solumnly resign and transfer all my power, rank, title, and authority to the identity of my birth. By doing this, I acknowledge that I will cease to exist, as will all one hundred and four personas before me. I hereby commit myself to living as who I was born and being the man I was. Jason Tyler Monroe signing off for the last time.

Jason lifted his hand from the console as a full military gun salute was presented. When the smoke cleared, Jason was standing there, but now the platform had changed. He was surrounded by four mechinical arms with various cutting tools and claws. He stood with a smile on his face while the crowd looked on in horror.

Jason: #*** it's about time. Computer, commence action eight seven five.

Suddenly, music began to play through all the speakers in the park as the screens zoomed in on Jason.

Jason: It's time for you to all learn who I really am. And before we start, remember Izzy, I told you so just doesn't cut it. Computer, commence decommissioning!

Jason began to sing the song "Sorry For Now", by Linkin Park.

"Watching the wings cut through the clouds
    Watching the raindrops blinking red and white
    Thinking are you back on the ground
    There with a fire burning in your eyes
    I only halfway apologize"

The machines began cuttin and stripping the armor from Jason, revealing nothing but gym shorts and odd looking patched of skin.

"And I'll be sorry for now
    That I couldn't be around
    Sometimes things refuse to go the way we planned
    Oh I'll be sorry for now
    There will be a day that you will understand
    You will understand"

Piece by piece the armor came off as Jason kept singing. Pictures of Jason Timothy Meyers and his friends began appearing on the right sides of all the screens. They were all happy pictures of fun times.

"After a while you may forget
    But just in case the memories cross your mind
    You couldn't know this when I left
    Under the fire of your angry eyes
    I never wanted to say goodbye"

The pictures began to shift to news footage and crime scene footage of what happened on that terrible day twelve years ago. The people became more and more angry, some picking up rocks and other object and throwing them at him.

"So I'll be sorry for now
    Sometimes things refuse to go the way we planned
    Oh I'll be sorry for now
    You will understand"

Jason smiled as the last piece of armor came off. Now the machines were working on taking off the false skin that encased his entire body. rocks and trash continued to pelt him as the many scars across his body were revealed. the more that was revealed the less objects were thrown at him. Footage of Jason wakin up on the autopsy table began to play without sound, just his singing backing up.

"Yeah, stop telling 'em to pump the bass up
    Tried to call home but nobody would wake up
    Switch your time zones can't pick the bass up
    I just passed out by the time you wake up
    Best things come to those who wait
    And it's time to get pumped on any road you take
    Don't ever have a problem make no mistake
    I can't wait to come back when I'm going away"

The crowd gasped in shock at the sheer amount of scars covering his body. Many scars were almost healed but there were a few that would not heal. The footage shifted to Jason being worked on in a lab, white suited men and women implanting machinery into him. It cycled through footage up to six years ago. The biggest thing they noticed was the scars over his left eye and left cheek in the footage. The machines began pulling the remenants of the false skin off, leaving only his face untouched.

"I'll be sorry for now
    There are things we have to do that we can't stand
    Oh I'll be sorry for now
    There will be a day that you will understand"

Suddently a vague face shaped plate was revealed on Jason. He pulled the face plate off revealing the face shown earlier in the video. The shock on the crowds face was undescribable. As he continued to sing and walked to his mother and gave her a hug still singing.

"Oh I'll be sorry for now
    There are things we have to do that we can't stand
    Oh I'll be sorry for now
    You will understand
    You will understand
    You will understand"

Jason walked back to the platform and was suited with new armor. He untied his hair, letting it flow down to his knees. The console reappeared and he placed his hand back on it.

Jason: I am Jason Timothy Meyer, the boy the world forgot. I solumnly swear my allegiance, duty, and life to the service of the United States of America and to the people, laws, doctrines, and constitution for which it stands. I swear to protect her from all threat both foreign and domestic even at the cost of my life. I swear to serve the will of the people and their leadership unquestioningly to my last breaht without hesistation or reservation. I swear to put my people and my country before myself at all times. I swear to love and honor my friends and family along with all those I cherish, and to protect and serve them with every last fiber of my being no matter what it will cost me. I swear this oath in the name of god.

Suddenly a screen popped up and Jason was scanned by that screen before a message appeared.

"Cast in the name of God...
    Yee aren't guilty!..."

Jason turned as his army cheered at the confirmation of their new Arc Commander. Jason walked off the stage and ran to Izzy before hugging her, breaking down in a fit of tears. Izzy followed suit as two pairs of legs buckled and hit the ground with a thud. Jason was the first to speak when the tears slowed down.

Jason: You have no idea the #*** I went throught to get back to you Iz. I promise I won't leave you ever again!

Jason kissed her temple then went back to hugging her.

Izzy: Jason... I missed you so much! I was beggining to think you'd never come back to me!

Jason: Believe me, I wanted to so badly. I couldn't let anything happen to you.

Meanwhile in the crowd some of Jasons friends and coworkers were enjoying the touching reunion.

Jack Ace: How long until they... you know?

Chucky Greyson: I give it two days at most.

Alice Greyson: Nah, she's gonna ride him like a stalion before the night is up. You two have absolutely no idea how much she's been pinning over him.

Black Joker: Probably as long as he has been over her. However, he has more self control than her at this point so it's not a matter of if, just when.

Lisa Mayers: My question is when will they become a couple.

Luke Arlen: Before the night is over, right after he explains what the ^*** happened over twelve years to justify this $***.

Black Joker (laughing): Trust me, that won't be much of an issue.

-To Be Continued-

#3 Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  4. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    1. "The Strength to Go"

Disclaimer: I only own the story and it's characters. I do not own any music or lyrics, I am only using them for entertainment purposes. Please support the official release of all music and remember that while there will be many references, they are again for entertainment. If you can spot them kudos and, please support their official release.

Song: Robot Boy (Extended)
    Artist: Linkin Park

Jason woke up from a light sleep, the day he had been dreading for over a year had finally come. Heknew today was going to be anything but usual, but he was forced to keep things as routine as possible. He got up, got dressed, and headed down to the kitchen and looked at the clock. It read nine in the morning, only two hours left to live his current life. He walked over to the fridge and stared longingly at the photo on the fridge, a photo from only six months earlier at his eleventh birthday party. He was surrounded by his eleven closest friends, including his best friend and childhood crush, Isabella Halen. She preffered to be called "Izzy" by her friends and she was the newest member of the group, moving in just two years before. Their group was closer then family and they all meant the world to each other. Today though, one member was going to meet his end.

Jason opened the fridge and cooked his own breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese were cooked and put together into a sandwhich better than any fastfood joint could make. He poured a glass of orange juice and ate in silence. This would be his final breakfast in this house, possibly for the rest of his life. As Jason finished his mother came in to take the dishes, but instead he washed them himself.

Jason: This is the final thing I can do for you mom, just let me have this one last time.

Mrs. Meyers gave a sad smile. Her husband had already left the house, but not for work. He couldn't go knowing what was about to happen so he stayed hidden, unable to face his son. Jason understood as he couldn't face his father either. They had both said their goodbyes the night before. Jason grabbed his favorite trucker hat and walked out the door after giving his mother one final hug goodbye. As he walked he was greeted by the sunlight. He looked at his watch and found that he had one hour left. He hated what he had to do, but he needed witnesses. He began to walk the meer twenty yards to Izzy's house for their usual saturday walk through the city. He pulled out a small mirro and saw how cstone cold and stoic his face looked. Changing his expression, he put on the best face that he could.

"You say you're not gonna fight
    'Cause no one will fight for you"

Jason thought about all the memories he had. The friends he'd made, and the people he was about to walk out on.

"And you think there's not enough love
    And no one to give it to"

Jason thought about how despite his age, he knew how much he loved Izzy. She was more than just his best friend and he knew that she felt something for him. It just wasn't meant to be though.

"And you're sure you've hurt for so long
    You've got nothing left to lose"

He was about to lose everything for the sake of that @*** experiment. To become the greatest weapon the world has ever known.

"So you say you're not gonna fight
    'Cause no one will fight for you"

People had fought for him to be removed but in the end, he decided that this was the best course of action. He had to protect them, to save them all from what was to come in the future. That was his motivation, the one thing that would keep him alive and intact.

"You say the weight of the world
    Has kept you from letting go"

Izzy: Hey Jason, you ready?

Izzy had seen Jason just standing there when she opened the door. It didn't usually take him this long. He smiled a happy smile at her and she began to blush. She never knew why, but that smile always made her so happy, it's one of the many reasons why she REALLY like him.

"And you think compassion's a flaw
    And you'll never let it show"

Jason held out his hand and she grabbed it before she dragged him oof the porch. Her older sister Anita close behind. Someone had to watch those two, walking in downtown could be dangers due to all the Demon gang members lurking around.

"And you're sure you've hurt in a way
    That no one will ever know"

The regret didn't show on his face. The regret for the trauma he was about to put them through. He hated himself for what he was doing but it had to be done. He had to be converted in order to protect them, which means he had to be dead in the eyes of the public.

"But someday the weight of the world
    Will give you the strength to go"

Jason chatted lightheartedly with the two girls before he brought them to the old abandoned buildings. Suddenly two demons jumped out of a window, shattering the glass in a burst of crystals. Jason grabbed his knife from his ankle and took a defensive stance while signalling the girls to get to cover.

"Hold on, the weight of the world

Jason was shocked, these were real members of the gang, not the substitutes that were supposed to be sent by Sector Black, which meant they weren't able to round them all up. He steeled himself for a bloody fight knowing full well that the plan had gone awry.

Demon 1: Hey lookie here! It's the dumb@** with the death wish.

"So hold on, the weight of the world

Demon 2: Looks like we got away just in time to take this little bug to the zappah!

Jason stood there, ready to charge.

Jason: If I go down, then this whole town will rally at my grave! You have no idea the pandora's box you are about to open scum!

Demon 1: Pffft. Puh-leeease! Do you have any idea what killing you will do to our ranks? Wit you outta the way, weel be in complete control of this city.

Jason: Only one way to find out I suppose!

Jason chucked the knife, hitting Demon 2 in the chest. Not a fatal wound, but one that would keep him out of the fight.

"Just hold, on the weight of the world

Demon 1: You B@*****!

Demon 1 pulled out a gun and fired sever round before hitting Jason in the leg. Jason fell to the ground and received several mor shots to his other limbs as well as a shot to the chest.

"Hold on, the weight of the world

Glass shatered and cut into his eye as he was slammed into a window by Demon 1. Jason barely managed to crawl out. His face was to the ground. Demon 1 stepped back and raised his weapon. Izzy began to scream and was barely beeing held back by her older sister.

Demon 1: Look up you son of a B!***, I want you to see this coming!

Jason pulled a pistol out of his pants and fired, killing Demon 2 with a headshot. Demon 1 had fear in his eyes as Jason fired his last round, killing him. as Jason dropped his gun, Demon 1's gun hit the ground and fired a final shot just above his heart. Blood began to come out from his cuts and bullet wounds. Izzy broke free and ran over to Jason, craddling him in an attempt to keep him awake.

Anita: Operator! I need an ambulance to West Middleton by the abandoned building! There was a gunfight and an elevn year old is dying!

Izzy: Jason, just hold on! The ambulance and police are on their way!

Jason smilled a bloody smile as Izzy balled her eyes out.

Jason: This isn't the way I planned it, but it's time to say goodbye.

Izzy: I'm coming with you in the ambulance dummy!

"Just hold, on the weight of the world

Jason: Izzy, it's too late. I'm done for.

Jason held her hand and lightly squeezed.

Jason: Promise me you'll watch over everyone. Never forget what we have. You may not understand things now but one day you will, this all happened for a reason.

Izzy: NO! You are going to live! We need you! I need you!

Jason: We'll meet again someday, Until then, I'll be waiting for you.

Jason's eyes closed as his head tilted to the side. He lost consciousness, leaving Izzy in shambles as the paramedics arrived.

- To Be Continued -

5. Strytho

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    1.5. Talkin the Past

Newswoman: It has been six months since the horrific shooting that shook the quiet town of Solstice, New York to its core. The proclaimed town hero, Jason Timothy Meyers, who was only eleven years died at the gun of two Demon Gang members. Sources say that Jason, along with two friends, were out for a weekly walk around town when the gang members attacked. After a fierce fight, Jason killed both assailents, but succumbed to his injuries sustained during the fight before help could arrive. He was declared dead at the scene and, his body was transported for autopsy. Unfortunately, the violence was far from over. During transport to the local funeral home, that herse transporting his body was destroyed by a car bomb. Police have confirmed that the Demon Gang is behind the attack, though how they accomplished it is still unknown. After the attack, the entire town rallied together in anger and, with the help of local police, drove the gang out of the town. So far, the gang has yet to make any attempts to return and remain at large.

Jason turned off the video screen he was watching as he lay in his recovery bed. The surgery for the first round of implants had been a success. Jason now had to wonder whether or not what he had done would be worth it. His thoughts drifted back to a certain black haired girl that he longed to see. As he laid his head down on his pillow, he steeled himself for the months and years ahead in his fight to keep protecting his friends and family. For now, Hydra had promised to keep them safe, but he knew this would only be temporary.

--------------------------------------------------

Izzy laid in bed, unable to sleep after memories had come rushing back to her from that dreadful day. She had not only lost her best friend, but her crush as well. True, Jason was a year older than her and more mature than most boys his age, but somehow she thought he might've felt something for her. Now she would never find out and it was eating her. Jason's older sister, Laura, had tried to console her as best as possilbe, even her older sister couldn't bring her out of her depression. The fact that her parents had already been planning for the two dating in a few years did nothing to help her. Tonight would be another sleepless night for her.

And somehow, something felt wrong to Izzy. Something about Jason's death felt... scripted. Somehow it felt like he had planned it. The look in his eyes that day told him that he was expected someone by those abandoned buildings, but not Demon Gang members. Another thing was that she had seen Jason and his father avoiding each other. Finally, she had heard the last conversation Jason had with his mother. Something wasn't right, so the question was: Did Jason mean to die, or was he even dead in the first place? His body had been taken awfully quick considering the state of the crime scene. And *where* did he get that glock? No one on their street owned a gun. And how would he have known how to shoot it? He had perfect aim when he shot that thing. So many things didn't add up about this entire thing. One thing was for sure, Jason went down for a reason, and Izzy was determined to find out what really happened to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason was hooked up to a generator. His new dual energy core was humming at full power.

Lab Tech 1: Alright Jason, we want you to try to tap into the core. Start by trying to turn it on.

Tell me what I've gotta do
    There's no getting through to you
    The lights are on but nobody's home (nobody's home)
    You say I can't understand
    But you're not giving me a chance
    When you leave me, where do you go? (Where do you go?)

Jason concentrated and tried to link his mind to the core. After many grunts and groans the core still didn't respond.

Lab Tech 2: He can't focus

Lab Tech 1: Jason, try to focus on the core. Focus on the startup power supply.

All the walls that you keep building
    All this time that I spent chasing
    All the ways that I keep losing you

Jason couldn't focus. His thoughts were on his family and friends.

Jason: I can't focus!

Lab Tech 1: Then just imagine what Hydra will do to your friends if we don't finish this test TODAY.

The truth is, you turn into someone else
    You keep running like the sky is falling
    I can whisper, I can yell
    But I know, yeah I know, yeah I know
    I'm just talking to myself
    Talking to myself
    Talking to myself

Jason's anger turned into motivation. The core suddenly came bursting to life as his eyes began to glow red and blue. Jason grabbed the nearest lab tech's hand and started squeezing.

Jason: Lay one hand on them and I'll f****** break your arms off.

Jason let go of his arm, revealing a good sized bruise.

Jason: That was just a warning, next time I won't go so easy.

Both lab techs smirked.

Lab Tech 2: He'll make a nice killing machine one day.

Lab Tech 1: Indeed. Report the results to Hydra, make sure to note that emotions indeed do play a role in the core's functionality.

I admit I made mistakes
    But yours might cost you everything
    Can't you hear me calling you home?

All the walls that you keep building
    All this time that I spent chasing
    All the ways that I keep losing you

The truth is, you turn into someone else
    You keep running like the sky is falling
    I can whisper, I can yell
    Talking to myself