1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PMD: Eon Glow

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Eon11, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Eon11

Eon11 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.3
    Hello everyone!

I will be posting my story on this thread. Hope any readers enjoy!

Since I was recommended for this site from someone on Fanfiction.net, much of my story is already on there if you'd like to read ahead - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11361839/1/Pokemon-Mystery-Dungeon-Eon-Glow

Main Characters(Pokémon): Umbreon, Jolteon, Absol

Summary:

An Umbreon wakes up in a broken world on the verge of destruction. Clueless and determined for answers, he teams up with a Jolteon named Zaverose and his mentor, an Absol named Aves, to find the answer to Rowan's sudden appearance, as well as maybe save the world while they're at it. Feedback is highly appreciated! DC: I do not own Pokémon.

Hope you enjoy!

(Also not to deter you or anything, but this is my first story so don't expect a completely flawless story as far as plot holes/grammatical errors go. The first chapters may seem a bit dull, and I may include condensed summaries of each as I post them, but if you can bear through them the story gets much better, I promise. I've significantly improved my writing skill since I began writing this story, and I'll try my best to build on it even more. Thanks!)

Writing:

Italics: A characters thoughts

Double space between paragraphs: Change in perspective(non-omniscient 3rd person)

Bold: New Chapter/Significant change in setting

Hope you enjoy!

2. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Just to let you know you can't post a link to the fanfic you have to put it on here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eon11

Eon11 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.3
    Prologue

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hello?, can you hear me?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yes. I can. Where...am I?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]That doesn't matter right now, it will soon be irrelevant and erased from your mind. Now that I know you can hear me, let's get started. Are you the type of person who likes a to be pushed beyond their limits? Do you find joy in improving?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Well, yeah, I guess so. I mean, I like improving and everything, but I'm not one to blindly push myself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Ah. I see. Are you someone who likes to help other people, even to go out of your way to do it? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yeah. I've always enjoyed helping people who deserve it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]But you may sometimes be too quick and accidentally hurt someone or do something you regret. You sometimes don't know when to stop and that sometimes gives you a bad reputation no?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Well, I guess you could say that, but I don't ever mean to hurt anyone, honest! I try to just help out those who need it. But yeah, sometimes I can get carried away...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Of course. Everyone has their flaws. You also are the kind of person who is seen as the bad guy to a lot of people. They just can't see who you really are and judge you by just one thing and don't even bother to see how you help people, am I wrong?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]I guess you have a point there. I've always been kind of an outsider to everyone. They all would judge me a lot. But I think they just don't see the kind of things I do to people. they usually go unnoticed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]But you have friends. Not many, but a few. Those friends are special, they've opened up to you, and seen you for who you truly are. They have never turned their back on you and have formed bonds with you that are very strong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yeah. I never really doubted my friends. We kind of all just... know each other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Alright I'm done asking you all those personal questions. Now you may find these a lot easier to answer. First of all, are you a boy?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Are you smart?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Well... Kind of... Yeah.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Are you a bad liar, and are blamed for a lot of things?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yeah. More times than I can count.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Are you skilled at being stealthy and can sneak around a lot of places without getting caught?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Are you skilled physically too?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yes. Well... I guess so. I've always had some natural talent but I've always earned most my skill that I've acquired through determination.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Ah, so you are determined and work hard to do something?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Would you do almost anything for your best friend?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Ok. Last of all, do you view the world as broken, and thrive to fix it, or perfect and thrive for adventure?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hmm...well, I guess it would be both. I want to change the world for a better place for everyone, and I also want to adventure and learn more about life and all of its mysteries.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Good answer. Ah...ok. I can see it now, your spirit. It is a glowing black color.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]What? Glowing black? how is that possible? And doesn't that mean I'm evil or something?! I don't want to be evil! I'm a good guy I swear![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Calm down. Your spirit is just unique. You may be viewed among the society as something bad but once someone spends one minute with you, they know that you are good. You are heavily misunderstood, but you fight for light and for good. You thrive to protect those who even mock you. You are as pure as one can get.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]So... what am I? An unsung hero?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Yes! Perfect! Umbreon! You'll be an Umbreon! Alright, I've finished. Soon you will embark on your journey to another dimension. Your adventure is about to be written. You will forget this conversation ever existed and have all your memories wiped away. I wish you best of luck. Goodbye![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Wait! Before you go... well... who even are you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]I am not a physical person. I'm the balance of the Universe between darkness and light. I'm the Equalizer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Oh. Alright... I guess.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Okay. I wish you best of luck on your journey. Goodbye.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A white flash of bright light appeared in front of the Umbreon's face, so bright he began to feel dizzy. He tried to focus, but instead found himself caving into a deep sleep. He thought to no longer fight the sleepiness and surrender to it. He slowly closed his eyes, and fell into a deep slumber.[/SIZE]

4. Eon11

Eon11 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.3
    I've decided to post summaries along with the first several chapters, as a lot of them is exposition and setting up for what happens later in the story. The summaries will be at the end of each of the first chapters, so if you wish to only read the summary of it, scroll to the bottom of the post.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1
    New World

A Jolteon ran hurriedly through the cloudy night. He gasped for air as he came to a stop near a tree. "I...there's too many... I can't...out run them...much longer..." He said, trying to catch his breath. In the distance, shadowy figures lurched their way towards the exhausted Jolteon. He knew they were moving faster than it looked, and if he didn't think of something fast, he would be as good as dead.

[SIZE=14.6667px]"There must be something I can do to escape them. But...where?" He desperately searched his mind for an idea, but could not find one. He looked around to see if he could find anyone or anything that could help him. The shadowy figures lurched closer, becoming bigger in the [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]distance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He had to think fast or he knew that he would fall to a fate that many others have before. He paced around a tree before a couple times, his paws pounding on the hard earth. As he racked his brain for ideas, his paws landed on something softer than the bare earth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He stopped and looked down, puzzled. There was a black tail with yellow stripes on it; the tail of an Umbreon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"What the heck?" The Jolteon said to himself as he looked at the tail leading into a bush.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"An Umbreon!" He exclaimed as he pushed back the face of the bush to reveal the sleeping Umbreon who was concealed by the leaves. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"What are you doing out here?" The Jolteon whispered to himself as he poked the Umbreon to see if it would wake. As he had thought, the Umbreon stayed sleeping.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Jolteon looked at the Pokémon confused for a moment until he felt the ground vibrate. He looked back to see the figure even closer now, lumbering towards him. The Jolteon face was puzzled for a few moments but then his face lit up with an idea. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He gazed down at the Pokémon. Him being alive was simply an astonishing feat, but being passed out in the middle of the night during a time like this? His idea would either save them, or get them both killed. Hopefully this would work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The cool breeze of the midsummer night was blowing on the group of shadowy figures swiftly moving on the path. "Now...that Jolteon...Where could he be?" A shadowy Feraligatr said as he squinted his eyes to see through the night. He gazed around for a couple moments until he turned to a Mismagius.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Mage scan the area. If he's here, he would be giving off a light radiant for sure. You can detect that, right?" He said the Mismagius. She nodded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Mismagius turned forwards and closed her eyes for a couple moments and then opened them again to reveal that they were now a bright orange instead of the dark blue they were before. She looked around for a couple moments until she closed her eyes and re-opened them, turning them back to the dark blue. The Feraligatr gave her an expectant look, but she shook her head. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Nothing. I didn't pick up any light. He must have kept going." She said turning her head to the direction of the road. "Hmph. His endurance will suffer. We will catch him sooner or later. This road is isolated by the Cliffs, He will not get far." He explained as he beckoned the Mismagius to follow. The group continued down the shadowy path, searching for the Jolteon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Jolteon crouched inside a bush, fighting to keep his breaths under control as the shadowy group murmured amongst themselves. He was crouched over the Umbreon, praying that he wouldn't wake up and give away his position. He quietly sighed in relief as the group continued down the road. He stayed where he was for a couple minutes to make sure they hadn't backtracked and spotted him. As he got up the Umbreon began to wake. The Jolteon jumped out of the bush in alarm and crouched, facing towards the Pokémon. All he hoped was this Pokémon wasn't one of [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]them[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was all a sudden flash of light and then a fuzzy night sky came into view as the sleeping Umbreon opened his eyes. His vision began to become more clear as the once before blurry. green blotches began to look like leaves of a bush. He turned his head to reveal a crouching Jolteon gazing at him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Where...am I?[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] The Umbreon thought as he began to get up. He got to his feet and began to shake and wobble to keep balance[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] What the heck? Why...why is it so hard to stand?[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] He thought as he fought to keep his balance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]His fight to stand was short lived as the Jolteon slammed into him without warning, sending the Umbreon to a nearby tree, and causing his breath to be knocked away. The Umbreon gasped for breath as he began to recover from the slam, but soon he was greeted by a Jolteon glaring at him face-to-face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Who are you? Why are you here?" The Jolteon asked in a hostile tone with a hint of confusion, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Do you work for someone?" He asked, until his glare suddenly gained a glimpse of fear.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Are you part of the Shadows?" The Jolteon said, gazing into his eyes as if it were reading his mind. In part, the Umbreon couldn't hear most of the questions he battered at him as the ringing in his ears was just now beginning to vanish, being now replaced by the Jolteon's voice. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]What the... Am I dreaming? No. That slam sure felt like it was real, but then how can this Jolteon talk? And why is it so hostile?[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] The Umbreon thought, baffled by the Jolteon, who didn't seem to stopg questions, half of which made any sense to him. demanding answers to questions that seemed more than foreign to him[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Whoa- hold on! What...what's going on here?Where...Where am I and...and who are you and how...can [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]you [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]talk?" The Umbreon burst out as he snapped, giving up on trying to understand what exactly was happening.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Jolteon's eyes narrowed, as if trying to find the answer to what was going on here himself. After a moment his head pitched to the side slightly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"What? What are you talking about?!" The Jolteon asked in a serious tone with a hint of confusion to the Umbreon, who was now struggling to his feet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px], hoping the Jolteon would have more sense than to send him flying again Luckily, the Jolteon appeared, at least for now, to not think he was a threat. The Umbreon took a deep breath, hopefully this was just some sort of hyper-realistic dream.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Ok. First of all, how can [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]you[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] talk? I mean, your a...a...a [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Pokémon!" [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]He asked, trying to keep his calm. If this was in fact a dream, it had to be the most abstract he'd had in awhile. His obscurity clearly still there, the Jolteon's mouth opened for a brief moment, until he closed it, trying to process what the Umbreon had said. After a couple seconds, he met the his eyes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Um...all Pokémon can talk... I mean...you just did. Did they brainwashed or something?" The Jolteon asked, his gaze shifting for a moment, its hostility gradually returning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Of course I can talk! I'm a human. What I'm asking is how in the world [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]you[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] can talk?" The Umbreon exclaimed, stumbling back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]shouted angrily. Was this Jolteon blind?.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Jolteon's eyes grew wide with confusion, and his jaw hung open for a couple moments until he found the words to reply with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You... You say that you're a [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]human?[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] " The Jolteon said cautiously, as if the words seemed unknown to him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"What else would I be?" The Umbreon jeered. The Jolteon huffed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"...Oh, I don't know, maybe an [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Umbreon?![/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]" The Jolteon struggled to get the words outtold him, a hint of annoyance in his voice. The Umbreon was taken back for a moment, beginning to think if anyone was brainwashed it was this Jolteon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Look, I'm not sure if this is some messed up dream or something, but I'm a [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]human, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]clear as the skin on my hands...?" He explained to the Jolteon confidently until he noticed the jet black fur obstructed by the yellow colored rings of fur where skin should be. He saw his paws, now noticing his claws digging into the earth for support. He gazed at them for at least a minute, dumbfounded. He didn't hear the chuckle from the Jolteon as his mind raced with thoughts, most of them questions he didn't know the answer to. He simply had no words to say as he looked up at the Jolteon, a growing pleading expression on his face. The Jolteon breathed deeply, and seemed to let out a little chuckle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Oh Arceus..."[/SIZE]

Chapter Summary:

A Jolteon is seen running away from a group of hostile looking figures in the dead of night. Upon stopping to catch his breath, he notices an unconscious Umbreon concealed in some nearby bushes and decides to hide along with the Umbreon in hopes of evading his attackers. Luckily for him, it works, and the group passes by, taking no note of him. The Umbreon regains consciousness when the Jolteon leaves once the coast it clear. The Jolteon senses this, and attacks the Umbreon, at first thinking he was potentially hostile, but the Umbreon's befuddlement and absurd claims of in actuality being a human, prove to the Jolteon he is anything but an enemy. And yes, the names of both of them are unknown so far in the story.

5. Eon11

Eon11 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽13.3
    Chapter 2
    Illusion Hideout

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Umbreon staggered behind a Jolteon, who was trying hard not to laugh at his struggle. Rowan fought hard to not unsheath his claws and claw his face, as this walking thing seemed a lot more complicated than the seemingly mocking, flowingly easy strides of the Jolteon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Umbreon clenched his teeth bitterly. He realize it wasn't his fault, as he had offered help earlier, but he had refused, understanding if he was going to be in this state for a while, knowing how to walk would be a rudimentary skill he would need. Though it was difficult, he began to feel the movements beginning to become ingrained in his muscles. He hoped this would be as simple as how the Jolteon was demonstrating unknowingly soon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Though the Umbreon had, by the end of their walk, mastered the movement, his muscles began to feel a bit sore, and hoped they could rest somewhere soon. Obviously, wherever this Jolteon was taking him was where he would end up, and he hoped that place had some chairs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Or do Pokémon use chairs? He sighed, this whole thing seemed completely foreign to him, and he hoped it was all some really long, bad dream. He tilted his head up from the ground to glance at the Jolteon, but ended up with a face full of fur when he walked into him. The Umbreon stumbled back, his tongue out of his mouth, coughing up any of the unusually prickly fur he had caught.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"What the heck?! A little warning would be nice you know." The Umbreon barked. The Jolteon, seeming to not notice, or care, kept his placid gaze on the ocean 200 feet below where they stood on the cliffside. Below them, the mild waves licked the strait of sand between the sheer cliffside and the ocean. The salty spray was faintly noticeable to The Umbreon as he opened his mouth to speak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Um... why are we here? I thought you said you were taking me to a... base of some kind." The Umbreon asked, trying to remember what the Jolteon had told him. He glanced over at the Jolteon, who nodded, not looking back at him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Earlier, after the Umbreon had calmed down, the Jolteon had offered to bring him back to his home, or 'base' as he had said. The Umbreon had thought of it, and decided he would accept the offer. He wasn't sure how many other Pokémon would be able to give him an answer to his questions, let alone even help him. Heck, he was skeptical himself as to why this Jolteon was so determined to aid him, as he had attacked him just a few moments before he had proposed the offer. He recalled that the Jolteon had also advised him he should accept it, for his own safety.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Now he had led him to nowhere. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hey, what's your name?" The Jolteon asked suddenly to the Umbreon. His face he still gazed into the ocean, and Rowan realized he hadn't asked for his name either.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He racked his brain, and to his horror, realized he remembered next to nothing, well, besides his name. He stood there for a moment, the Jolteon still watching the waves crash on top of one another.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"R...Rowan..." He said slowly as he tried to remember more, growing frustrated as he couldn't. The Jolteon finally took his eyes off the ocean and gave him a curious look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Rowan? That's an odd name." He replied, mostly to himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, then again, you [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]a [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]supposedly a[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] human[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] after all." He added, slightly humorously, and Rowan turned to him.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]"What do you mean 'weird'?" Rowan countered. Then he thought about what the Jolteon had said, about being weird for a [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]human.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hey, I never asked you before, but what's your name?" He asked suddenly, wondering what a typical Pokémon name would be.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Zav." The Jolteon replied. Rowan thought for a moment. He didn't really know what a normal name would be for either a human nor a Pokémon, so he couldn't judge.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, short for Zaverose. That's my actual name, but everyone just calls me Zav." Zav added, breaking his thoughts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Who is this 'everyone' exactly?" The Umbreon asked, which reminded him of all the other questions he wanted to ask Zav. But before he could open his mouth to speak again, Zav beat him too it, cracking a smile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Oh, I've got the answer to that." He replied, and made his way over to one of the nearby trees marking the edge of the forest which lined the cliffs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Could you close your eyes for a moment?" Zav requested. Rowan followed, and the moment he closed his eyes he felt fairly unbalanced, and had to widen out his stance to stay afoot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He heard Zav speaking in a low voice, obviously to make sure Rowan couldn't hear him. It sounded like he was arguing with someone and after a couple moments Zav seemed to have won, as when Rowan opened his eyes back up on command, he wore a slight grin on his face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Who were you talking to?" Rowan asked and Zav brushed it aside.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You'll see in a moment. But for now, just try not to faint in amazement." Zav told him, motioning to the ocean.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan turned around, not really understanding why Zav had said that and expecting to see the same ocean he had seen moments before. Instead, in front of him now a structure shimmered into view, one of a grand scale to say the least.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Palace like, the grey stone structure now was in full view and stood only a couple feet from where Rowan was standing. It towered over the cliffside but it seemed to be supported by pillars invisible to Rowan from his point of view.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It was the size of at least a football field wide, and had multiple stories, each lined with windows. Directly in front of him, Rowan took into account of the large doors, at least fifteen times bigger than he was. Zav walked up to them, placing a paw on one of them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Never got to show anyone this place before." He murmured to himself, a feeling of joy welling up inside him. He couldn't help the grin that was forming as he turned back to Rowan, who was awestruck with amazement.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]About the reaction he had expected.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Impressive, right?" He replied for the Umbreon. Rowan nodded slowly, his eyes sticking to the grand structure. Zav secretly was ready at a sudden moment to electrify the Umbreon, as for one thing, he didn't trust him entirely yet, and he also could be a spy. Them knowing of this location would surely put everyone here in danger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Luckily, for both of them, Rwan made no move to take off, and slowly approached the doors. He glanced at Zav, not bothering to ask yet what the heck had just happened.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hey, Rowan. Let's keep the idea of you being a human between just you and me, okay?" He asked of the Umbreon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Why?" Rowan replied. He needed all the help he could get, surely asking others about his situation would help his predicament.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, for starters, I still don't believe you entirely. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who you'd even have a chance at convincing, most others would just think you're insane." Zav explained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan opened his mouth to testify, but understood the sense in what Zav had said. To them, it would be like when Rowan heard Zav speak for the first time, except this time, they would think it wasn't a dream, and would most likely think he was mad.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Alright fine. But then you have to promise to explain me what the heck is going on later." Rowan proposed. Zav nodded in agreement.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Deal. Now it's time to meet that 'everyone' I was talking about." Zav said as he pushed open the doors of the seemingly surreal place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Cliff Base[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Zav motioned for Rowan to follow him as he entered the red hallway. Rowan followed, his anxiety growing as he gazed at the sculptures of Pokémon which decked the red hall. At the end of the hall stood a desk, occupied by an Electabuzz. Zav picked up his pace as he approached the desk. The Electabuzz noticed the Jolteon and gave a half worried, half angry glance at him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay, let's get one thing straight. You're dead, and you're not gonna take me with you." He said stuntly. Zav rolled his eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"First of all, I won't tell anyone you let me in with him. I'm not that much of a jerk." Zav started.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Oh, I'm not sure you have your priorities-" The Electabuzz started. But Zav shot him a warning glance, and he shut his mouth to hear the Jolteon speak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Like I was saying, he's an Umbreon. Famous for their stealthiness. He snuck in, okay?" Zav said with a wink. This time the Electabuzz rolled his eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Wow, thanks. I'll have the great reputation of being the gatewatcher that unknowingly let the Shadow in that killed everyone. Great alternative." He complained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Or, I could say you let him in on purpose. Would you like that instead?" Zav asked smugly. The Electabuzz's face turned serious.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Zav, I swear to Arceus-" The Jolteon cut him off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You got nothing to worry about, trust me. He's got to be the... most unique Pokémon I've ever met. Not the best strategy for a spy, as he does anything but fit in." He said, glancing back at Rowan, who was obliviously staring at one of the statues.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"And besides," He turned back to the Electabuzz, "An Umbreon? Alive? You know I couldn't just leave him out there, who knows what the Shadows would have done to him, you know, assuming he isn't one of them." Zav said with a shiver. It was true, if the Shadows got a hold of him, death would be the most pleasant consequence for Rowan that Zav could think of.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I guess you have a point there..." The Electabuzz trailed off, until he sighed in defeat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Alright, fine. I know how much this means to you, and if you're gonna risk your life for it, go ahead. Just know that Glade [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]won't [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]like this." He told him. Zav didn't need the warning to know the Gallade would be teeming with anger when he'd explain he let a stranger into the base.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Whatever. There's no way he could leave an Umbreon out there, especially not this one. For Arceus' sake, he could barely stand on his feet when he found him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Plus, It seemed like there was more to Rowan than met the eye. For one thing, he claimed to be a human, which somehow, Zav sort of believed. And second, he seemed strange to be around, as if he was something different entirely. Zav shrugged, no point in pondering about it now. He had work to do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Hey, you done looking at that statue?" Zav said as he neared the Umbreon. Rowan blinked. The Jolteon gave him a moment, until speaking when Rowan just stared back blankly, his attention still half captivated from the statue.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay, then. Follow me, we have to meet up with one of those 'everyone' I told you about." He told him, turning and starting toward one of the spiralled staircases leading out of the great hall. Rowan shook his head and started after him, putting his thoughts of the statue in the back of his mind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]After descending two flights of stairs, which was a new and difficult experience for Rowan as he tried not to tumble down them, they arrived at a tall steel door. Rowan noticed how there was no handle on the outside, and he wondered how anyone gained access in or out of the room. Zav lifted a paw to knock, but just as he did, the door flung open, and a figure emerged in the doorway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Zaverose? I thought you were supposed to be-" The Gallade cut his voice off when he saw the Umbreon emerge from behind him. The Gallade gave a quick glance to the Umbreon, who took subtle notice, and grabbed the Jolteon by the shoulder and yanked him into the room, tugging him behind the door.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He glanced around at the Umbreon, who was about to join them, his ears pricked in confusion, until the Gallade held out his arm to signal to stay where he was. Rowan complied, and stopped, even taking a step back in hesitation.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Zav?" The Gallade said in a low and subtly furious voice, it was all he needed to say to get his point across. He never called him by the informal name unless it was important. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Look, I'm sorry for bringing him here so abruptly. If it was [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]any[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] other circumstance, I would have assumed that he was just a city dweller. But, " The Jolteon said, gesturing innocently, "This is different. I couldn't just leave him out there, for more reasons than just being an Umbreon, trust me." He assured. The Gallade gave him a skeptical look. Zav looked up at him, his eyes pleading.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You know what'll happen to him if he is one of them, right?" He said after a long pause. He caught the fear in the Jolteon's eyes, but yet he stood tall now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes. And I will take full responsibility for this , no matter if he is or not." He promised. The Gallade paused in intellection, then gave a nod of approval. The two called Rowan over, who was pawing at the ground until he heard the words and hurried over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Rowan, is it?" The Gallade asked, mostly to just put a light mood out. Really he knew the Umbreon's name, but he knew how dark types functioned, and to carry out what he was going to perform, he needed him to be agreeable with. Rowan nodded in confirmation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay, great. I'm Glade, High Order's deputy. I presume that you live around here?" He asked in a warm tone. As he waited there was a pause, which seemed odd to Glade, as he didn't think the question was too challenging. Then again, it seemed odd that both an Umbreon and Jolteon would be in the same room after what had happened years ago. As his mind wandered for a moment, he didn't notice the glance Zav shot at Rowan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Yes, I... do." The Umbreon awkwardly responded. The Gallade narrowed his eyes at him, and Rowan saw Zav sigh in hopelessness. He guessed that didn't sound very convincing, probably because it was true. Finally, after Rowan thought Glade's stare was going to turn him to stone, he spoke.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"How old are you?" He asked in a surprisingly tone, yet his gaze stayed the same. Rowan realized after a moment he didn't know, and began to feel the Gallade's gaze burning into him. Luckily, Zav acted before Rowan said something stupid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Fourteen. Same age as me." He told Glade, and he slowly nodded, not taking his stare off the Umbreon. After a moment, he nodded in approval.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Seems like it." He stated, releasing his gaze. Rowan realized now that he had been holding his breath the whole time, and tried as hard as he could to not burst out, gasping for air. Fortunately, Glade was busy talking to Zav.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Your friend doesn't seem to talk much," Glade observed, and for a moment Zav caught his breath, hoping he didn't think he was secretly one of them. He couldn't be, not an Umbreon, it would be downright wrong, "Then again, he doesn't seem to know very much either..." Glade trailed off. He met Zav's eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Brainwashed maybe?" He tried, and Zav bit his lip.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"That's exactly what I came here for. You can do that, right?" Zav asked, nad Glade slowly nodded, his glance trailing off in thought.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I could, but I will have to look into his mind. Most, especially dark types, do not like it." Glade warned, giving a glance to Zav. He nodded and Glade motioned for him to tell Rowan, as if the Umbreon really had a choice. Zav knew even if he was one of them, Glade would kill him for sure. For Rowan, it was either let Glade read his mind, or die. Zav had a pretty good feeling what one he'd choose.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan spotted Zav, and they discussed what Glade had proposed. At first Rowan refused, but when Zav told him the other option, he quickly agreed. He didn't bother asking why he had to, he sensed if the Gallade wanted him dead, he would've been the moment he had spotted him. Zav confirmed that Rowan had agreed, not that he really had a choice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Glade nodded and walked over to the Umbreon, "Okay, now I need you to relax your mind and stay very still for me okay? He said reassuringly to the Umbreon. He nodded and closed his eyes as he sat motionless.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Alright now you might get a slight headache as I do this, but you should be fine." Glade told him with confidence as he closed his eyes. A faint purple glow began to emanate from the Gallade as he breathed out. Rowan felt a sudden jolt in his head like something had zapped it. He squinted his eyes and forced himself to stay still as the pain worsened.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Almost done." Glade said softly to the Umbreon, now gasping in pain. Rowan saw the past moments flash in his head to the present. He saw himself sitting in the room. He saw Glade standing a couple feet next to him with his eyes closed. He saw Zav sitting next to him, his eyes wide with worry. In moments, his mind zoomed back into his body and he was suddenly facing the Gallade with his eyes open.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We're done." Glade said with a smile,"You did surprisingly well for a dark type." He said to Rowan, who was holding a paw to his head, trying to ease the pain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]He turned to Zav, "He's clean. Couldn't find a trace of them in his mind." He said to Zav with a smile. The Jolteon let out a sigh of relief, knowing what would've happened if he would've been. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I knew you weren't one of them! I just knew you weren't!" He said as he jumped in the air in triumph, Glade laughed "You guys are free to go now. It was good to meet you Rowan. I hope I'll see you again soon." The Gallade said as he walked away from them and disappeared into the hallway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Zav turned to Rowan, "Awesome! Now that we know you're not evil, I can show you around the base! And after that we could-" He stopped himself and glanced at Rowan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Look Rowan... If you want to leave you can. I just thought that since you're an Umbreon you'd want to stay here. But if you want to leave... you can." Zav said looking down. Rowan looked at the Jolteon in confusion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"First of all, why would I want to leave?" Rowan asked, looking at the Jolteon. Zav lifted his head and wore a confused look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well... I mean... you barely even know me. I'm surprised you even trusted me enough to let a psychic into your mind. I did kind of lead you to a place you've never been before after knowing you for about five minutes and-" Zav cut short as he glanced at the Umbreon to see him chuckling to himself now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"What's so funny?" He asked in a confused and slightly irritated tone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Zav, I barely could remember my name. I have no idea where I am or how I got here. I thought you were gonna kill me when I met you. I don't know what the heck is happening." He said, counting them on his paws as he listed them off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"The point is... If I have a chance of figuring any of this out, I'll need a partner to help me. And I was wondering if, maybe... you could help me..." He trailed off as he looked away from Zav. His attention was focused back by the Jolteon jumping in the air in delight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Of course I'll be your partner! I was about to ask you the same thing!" He shouted as sparks flew everywhere from his fur. Rowan smiled and laughed at the Jolteon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Sorry, that happens when I get to happy." Zav apologized as he shook his fur. Rowan grinned in satisfaction. This was someone he could tell would be more to him than just a partner.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Cliff Base Lower Level[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"So where are we anyway?" Rowan asked as he looked at the engravings in the wall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"This is Cliff Base. One of the Orders six facilities in all of Rastesia." Zav said as they walked down the long hallway. Rowan guessed that Rastesia was the name of the continent they were on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"This is where I live and run missions for the Order." He said looking at Rowan. He looked at Zav, "I keep hearing that, the "Order". What is that anyway? And "run missions"? What is all of this?" Rowan asked Zav.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"The Order is a service that protects Pokémon and resists against the Shadows." He glanced at Rowan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"The Shadows are the Pokémon who govern Rastesia. They took over about fifteen years ago. They are a ruthless, bloodthirsty group who only want power. They're ruled by the Kingpin, a Pokémon who overthrew the previous government of Rastesia. The Order fights against them with groups around Rastesia by attacking supplies, taking Shadow bases, breaking out Shadow prisons, and really anything to oppose the Kingpin." Zav said, looking at Rowan to see if he understood it all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan didn't, but nodded in fake understanding.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I do not do these missions yet. I'm also not on a team really because I do a lot of solo missions too." Zav told him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"I'm not skilled enough yet to do resistance missions yet, which involve pretty much any of the things I said the Order was for. I do mostly rescue and search missions right now which involve finding or rescuing someone from a mystery dungeon. These are-" He stopped as Rowan cut him off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Mystery dungeons?" Rowan asked, turning his head toward Zav. Zav laughed and let out a sigh.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"You really are a human..." He said smiling at Rowan, "Mystery Dungeons are kind of like... really complex and changing mazes. Once you go into them, you have to find the exit or else you'll probably to death, if you don't get killed by something else first." He remarked.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"They are very hard to notice until you're already inside one, in which then you have no choice really but to find the exit then. They change and twist as you walk through them.You find the exit by going through the dungeon floor by floor." Zav said, painting an image in Rowan's mind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Floors?" Rowan repeated. Zav nodded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Staircase's let you proceed to the next one. There is one on each floor until you reach the bottom, in which that case, you find the exit. Many explorers like to search Mystery Dungeons, for they usually contain very rare and valuable items." He said as they approached the next staircase.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Okay, so it's a big stack of mazes on one another... somehow." Rowan attempted to simplify. He looked at Zav for another explanation, but he merely shrugged.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Don't look at me. No one knows how these dungeons work. We've merely chalked it up to some form of magic" Zav said simply.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Maybe the same sort of magic that changes a human into a Pokémon?" Rowan inquired, and Zav shot him a look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Try to keep your voice down when talking about that. Remember what we promised?" Zav muttered to him as they neared two other Pokémon passing by in the hall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Right, sorry." He said. Regardless, the Pokémon gave him a seemingly baffled look as he walked past, making him feel sort of self-conscious. Maybe he didn't have a very good 'act natural' look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"But anyway, wild Pokémon also live in Mystery Dungeons. They will attack anyone who comes close to their territory. This leads to many explorers becoming trapped in these dungeons and needing a rescue." Zav started again to Rowan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Isn't everyone a wild Pokémon?" Rowan asked. Zav laughed briefly until realizing the question was a serious one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"RIght, human. Um... no. Pokémon like me and you, who can talk to one another regardless of species, are tame. Wild Pokémon are feral, and only have minds set to survival mode." Zav summed up to him. Rowan nodded slowly in understanding.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"And the victims of these wild Pokémon aren't just explorers. Unlike them, some Pokémon wander into these dungeons by accident, s the entrances are very hard to spot. That's where rescue teams come in. They receive letters and distress signals from these Pokémon or their relatives and go rescue them. They pay good money too for completing the mission." Zav finished as they walked down the staircase to the next floor of the base.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"It's really fun sometimes too. You get to fight and see all sorts of Pokémon and become stronger. Plus the fact that you're helping others isn't bad either." Zav explained as they proceeded to a door on the left of a hallway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"We're here." Zav said as they stopped at the door. It was a wooden one similar to the one he had seen previously, but it did not have engravings on it like the other one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Right. And this is..." He said gesturing towards the door. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan realized that unlike the other door though, this one had a handle to open and close it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"My room." He said, before opening the door.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan entered through, and he noticed the engravings on the walls. They were of Pokémon that he mostly could not name, but he could recognize a few.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]One he knew for sure was Zapdos, the legendary bird of thunder. He also saw a Magneton, an Ampharos, and a Raichu. but Rowan stared at one engraving in particular; one of a lion of electricity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"So this is just the main entrance. When I came here, Aves had a dorm especially made for a..." His sentence cut short as he noticed that Rowan was staring at the wall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Rowan?" He said as he approached Rowan, who was still captivated by the engraving.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Who is this?" Rowan asked, not taking his eyes off the wall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Who?" Zav asked, confused until he saw what Rowan was looking at. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Oh, that's Raikou, He's a legendary electric Pokémon. He is said to have created the first thunderstorm in history." He informed the Umbreon as he looked at Rowan oddly. He looked at the engraving for a couple moments more. It seemed to look at him in a way, staring into his eyes with his electric gaze.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan finally shook his head and backed away from the wall. He looked at Zav, "So what were you saying?" He asked Zav, who was still looking at him oddly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"...right." Zav began, giving Rowan a weirded look, "Follow me." He said as he started walking into a different room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As Rowan made his way around the area he noticed the architecture of the place. It consisted of light gray cement walls with engravings in them along with light brown wood flooring. There were metal chandeliers as the main light source in almost every room, which had electricity running through them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Each room had its own unique features: One of them had a large table in the center with a map of what Rowan guessed was Rastesia, Another seemed to have many cabinets and chests within it. Rowan assumed it was a storage room of some kind. There were three regular bedrooms, each consisting of one, or maybe two beds, and one master bedroom, which had one bed along with a four glass spheres with electricity flowing inside them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]They connected to each other by electric currents traveling from sphere to sphere. Rowan glanced at Zav who had his eyes open and a smile on his face. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Of course. This must be where Zav sleeps. He is an electric type after all, this probably makes him feel good. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan thought as Zav turned to him. He certainly couldn't imagine being closer to one of those things.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]"Well, I guess we should call this a night. It's pretty late, and we're going to have to do a lot of work tomorrow making you a member of the Order. You can take whatever bedroom you want for now, but I have a feeling you'd prefer the one across from mine." Zav hinted to Rowan as he looked at the electricity in the air warily.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan entered the room across from Zav's. It was very dimly lit, and it seemed to mimic the look of moonlight. White patterns of streaks painted the walls.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Rowan felt a sense of euphoria sweep over him as he entered the room, and his muscles relaxed. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Wow. This feels so... right. Is this what Umbreon's prefer? [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]He thought as he made his way over to the bed. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]His relaxation formed into sleepiness, and it overtook the tired Umbreon quickly. Rowan had enough time to curl onto the bed until he faded peacefully into a deep sleep.[/SIZE]

Chapter Summary:

Upon following the Jolteon, who's name is Zav(Short for Zaverose), the Umbreon, who remembers nothing other than his name of Rowan, they arrive at a large, cliff side base. They enter, and Rowan is taken to a Gallade named Glade who peers into Rowan's empty mind, confirming he is not one of 'them', who Zav later tells Rowan are the dreaded group called the Shadows, who is the main anemy of the Order(The group Zav is with). Zav also explains Rowan this world he has seemingly woken up in, including the continent they are on, Mystery Dungeons, what the Order does. He leads Rowan into his room, as the Umbreon is now a member of the Order, and they fall asleep, a full day awaiting them tomorrow.