1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction PMD The Temporal Travesty: Ficlets

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by The Eccentric Axolotl, Nov 11, 2019.

1. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Hey guys what up?

Just letting you know that my fanfiction - Pokemon MD : The Temporal Travesty isn't dead, it's just a slow process that has dealt with a year's worth of writer's block.

So to apologise for taking so long to update the story, alongside the fact that I need practice for my English exams. I've decided to make ficlets for my series (think of them as extra chapters that don't contribute to the main story). Of course there will be SPOILERS for not only the Mystery Dungeon Explorers series, but also minor ones for my novelised version. So if you don't want either spoiled for you, I'm warning you now. Otherwise enjoy

Also, shoutout to @WavePearl for inspiring me to come up with this idea, her weekly prompt thread is worth checking if you want to practice with improvisation and writing on the spot.
    Here's a link to it.

Anyways, Axolotl out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  2. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    #2 Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  3. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    A Loss against Time

Takes place after the Darkrai chapter. John comes to terms with an adversary he never knew he had.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

The aged autumn leaves fall once again on this dainty town. Pathways having to be racked up as evident by the piles of reds, yellows and browns near all the trees, the fine tinge of a mandarin sky with orange stained clouds, it was all there in the scenery and it boded well with the stimulating scent of apple pie that sat humbly on the surrounding picnic tables.

And yet despite all the joy and jigs that came out of the locals of this small settlement, that still remain grateful that Shinx and I saved the world; twice I may add. I couldn't help but think of what went on in the other two worlds I visited before. Were Grovyle and the others spared from being erased like I was? Even so, it wouldn't have mattered if Dusknoir killed him on the spot once the both returned to the future, all I could do is bring my optimistic side to the forefront and assume they both made amends. And what about Earth? More importantly what about my family? I hadn't made any progress with finding a way back, not even the slightest hints on the whereabouts of a/the Giratina. Though I doubt they'd ever help me, especially with what Grovyle gave up just to make a deal with them.

But I couldn't be all mopey on a special occasion like this. It was a recreation festival, a newly created celebration of being alive, moving forward and appreciating the flow of time that remained with us. Still, I couldn't help but feel time hadn't been a friendly accomplice of mine with what could've been spent on Earth.

No… I shouldn't think like this. I made good friends here, and even though I miss everything at my old place, I can't imagine how these guys would feel if I decided to leave and never come back.

So with the subject of friends in mind, I did my best to stray away from such pessimistic thoughts and gazed at the set out chess board that lay atop the table I sat on. It was handmade, bought from one of the town's villagers. The pieces were carved with utmost precision each of them representing a pokémon: Nidoking/Queen for the King and Queen, Bisharp and Pawniard for bishops and pawns, Escavalier for knights and Palossands for rooks (a pokémon I hadn't even known existed). They were finely smoothed and touched with a soothing scent of sawdust. This chess game was arranged for me and Croagunk, who promised me a rematch after the festival, and by rematch, I mean that I beat him, and he's coming back, in hopes of evening the win-ratio. But hope can only get you so far, in chess it's all skill and nothing else, which I displayed viciously against my previous matches with Corphish, Bidoof and Loudred (who of which I was finally able to beat after so many technical 'ties' from where his deafening shouts flew the pieces off the board).

With the list of pokémon who I needed to best at chess Croagunk was next on it. Of course in my own rules, you can only best your opponent once you beat them in a match of three, where you would come out on top. But what was odd about it all was that Croagunk said he knew exactly how to beat with careful analysis and our previous match in mind. What could he mean? Who knows, maybe all to make the game more interesting?

And speaking of the Renegade Pokémon, he shall appear. Croagunk sat himself opposite of me on the picnic table with a mischievous grin and an object in his hand I wished I'd never see in a chess game.

"Is that-?"

"Meh-heh-heh, a sand timer? Yes." Croagunk confirmed. "We both have 20 seconds to make a move, and if the timer's empty during our turn, we lose that turn and the other player makes his move." I stared at the tiny glass as if it was the devil's incarnate, I could picture it laughing at the misery that threatened to unfold. "Meh-heh-heh. In our last chess match, you always took so much time with your turn, and in your previous matches, when you had the advantage, you were almost keen to put pressure on the opponent. So it gave me an idea."

"So I can't say no to the sand timer?" I asked.

"Meh-heh-heh, only against me." Lovely, with how badly I handle things under pressure, it's gonna be a pain in my backside, especially since he knows I can't nor won't call Shinx in under a task like this.

"Fine, we'll play it your way." I told him.

Like with some of the other chess matches I played, I started the game by moving the pawn in front of the king two spaces forward, with my pawn in front of the queen moving a space forward during my second turn. Croagunk, just like he did last time bought both of knights into the front lines for his first two turns.

The timer as of now was absent in my mind already my bishop nearest the queen stood behind the king's pawn. In Croagunk's third turn, his king's pawn stood forward two spaces and was now mirroring mine.

My turn again, the plan is to keep the pieces in a passive-aggressive stance, main target for defence: the king, once he's secure enough, it'll be an offensive game where I pick off any mistakes I can, and should I have to; bargain a piece of equal value. The pawn in front of the left bishop moved forward, positioning the pawns in a V-shape.

"Meh-heh-heh" The bishop Croagunk had nearest to his queen, took position for itself to take the bishop that stood behind my furthest pawn. Now would've been the time for the bishop to flee into a safer area, but only just I realised Croagunk exploited a mistake I made; I move the bishop now, Croagunk will just take the knight instead. And Croagunk's playstyle revolved around risk and sacrifice, it was what I gathered from our first match.

'Wait the pawn, move the pawn!' There's no other option, move the pawn forward so it stands between the two bishops, that way I can think of an escape plan to save my—

"Meh-heh-heh, nope." And only then I realised that the pawn I used stood on the diagonal front of the pawn Croagunk moved, and with little thought the pawn that was meant to block the two bishops was taken. Still, the bishop escaped, and he stood on the diagonal front of the knight on my left. And with that in mind Croagunk moved his king's pawn forward, and now his bishop gained defensive leverage, as if he needed it, thanks to his knight.

'20 seconds' No pieces were in position to take, my new strategy is to go back to a defensive stance. The knight on my right stood in front of the king, a hasty move, but a necessary measure to keep the king protected. Croagunk, with that grin still on his face was unfazed by the pressure of time. He's obviously been practising, and now the pawn that stood a space ahead of Croagunk's king moved a step forward, he threatened to take my pawn. Without a thought his pawn was taken, giving us a 1-1 point tie for the time being…

"Meh-heh-heh, you probably shouldn't have done that." The barrier that kept the two queens separated was broken, and with a swift move, my queen was out of the game. Only the bishop and king can take it, and I want that bishop to keep its defensive properties, so with the only other choice in the equation, my king took Croagunk's queen. 'We're still neck and neck, neither of us have the advantage.' The feeling of a serious game started to strike, and honestly, I can't tell if it's exciting or scary… maybe both.

"Meh-heh-heh, my turn again.' His rook and king were now swapping places; taking a castling approach, to his plan of attack, which meant the rook was in front of my king. "Check."

'20 seconds' The left bishop stood in front his king, my check status has now faded. Annoyingly has still got that same old grin he had on his face when the game started. Not only does it make it really hard for me to guess how he's thinking, it also gives me the impression that I've been doing exactly what I've wanted him to do.

Croagunk's bishop- the one standing on my right stood in front of his knight that positioned itself on the left. He either A: wants to move his bishop to take my pawn that stood on the knight's left, or B: advert my expectations and move his right rook in a position of attack, or C: an eventual combination of both that lead my defences in a -

"Twenty seconds are up. My turn again." 'wait what-?'

He executed plan B: moving his right rook where both of the twin pieces stood together, creating a solid wall of defence and offence. I better make my move quickly before it's too late. 'The knight! The knight!' three spaces left and one up, the knight that stood to king's challenged the bishop. Would he falter back? Or would he sacrifice his life to give a turn to one of his fellow brethren?

"Meh-heh-heh, whatever you think I'm planning, you've got it all wrong." He used the bishop on the left to take one of my pawns, why? His other one is dead meat if he doesn't move- 'The rooks!' Of course! The rook's standing in front of the bishop guarding my king! With the rules of check in place, I can't move it! Not only that but if he moves his pawn forward, my bishop may as well be the deadmeat! 'Calm down the knight, use the knight!' Which one, pawn or bishop? Take the pawn and my knight gets killed by the bishop, take the bishop and the pawn'll try to-

"Five seconds." 'Bishop!' Okay, maybe that was the best move. After all I can still take the pawn if he dare so moves forward-

"Meh-heh-heh" Nope, nope, never mind! Just have him get taken by Croagunk's knight, that's fine too! Maybe it is fine anyway, 'cause I can still take his pawn with my other bishop without putting it at risk, yeah do that, take the pawn!

"Hmmm" Okay, so he uses his rook to take the pawn that stood in front of my bishop, so now if I do take the knight, I'm losing the knight, and I obviously can't use the bishop to take the rook... I'm running out of options. And time! If I don't act now Croagunk will get his turn... Screw it, take the knight!

And just as expected, my bishop was taken. But we're still on an even playing field: two rooks, a knight, a bishop and a king each. Croagunk has only got a one point advantage from taking a pawn of mine, that's all. Just 'cause I'm under pressure doesn't mean I'm losing. Next course of action bring out the knight on my left into play and put it on A3-.

"Meh-heh-heh" Oh great, wonderful! His rook now moved to the left standing in the same column as his rook and my king, he'll take the bishop go for the king, and I'll waste another move putting the knight back right where it was! I'm almost certain constant groans and growls of frustration were coming out of me 'cause Croagunk looked as if he was getting enjoyment out it! That git!

"I'll just move my bishop here." And it stood on the diagonal left of my own bishop. I can't take it! Not when it'll put me in check! He's winning, great! Best I can do is move the rook on the right so that he stands next to my king. He's won! He'll take my bishop with his, I'll be forced to take said bishop, and even I don't he'll move that bishop to retreat, which puts me in check, because of the rooks, which he'd use to put my king in an unfavourable position and- You know what, I'll just take the bishop with my knight.

"Are you feeling okay?" Feeling okay?! 'Course not, I'm losing, and getting riled up in a game where my optimism and skill has pushed boundaries I've never seen possible in any other game in my life! I've won games where I've had to rely on the sheer determination of my pawns for crying out loud! And all because of some stupid, bloody sandtimer-

"Check." God. Dammit! So, Croagunk has forced my king to be diagonal left of the rook. Can't take him, 'cause y'know check? Ha ha. Oh, ha ha indeed. Croagunk's laughing it up, as matter of fact, he's enjoying it! And with my turn more or less wasted, my opponent's knight, is slowly but surely making his way to the king, position A5 to be exact. And since I need to take Croagunk's rook out, the one I have on the right is now standing next to him.

"Meh-heh-heh, thanks." Wait, no, draw back, draw back! Too late, rook gone, losing now, twenty seconds, I'm screwed. The end. Can't move my king without putting him in check or backing in a corner, so I'll just move the pawn on B2 to B4, it's the effort that counts.

And that smirk, that bloody smirk! It's still on his face, just as a little indicator to tell him he's won, well I'm not giving him the joy of eye contact! My eyes will purely be focused on the board. Nothing else. Anyhow both of his rooks are standing together D2 and E2. The king still can't move, so I'll just take Croagunk's knight, which now stands on A5.

"Check, meh-heh-heh." His rooks are on C2 and E2, only option now is to stand between them diagonally on D2. Croagunk's pawn on F7 moved two spaces forward, now it's on F5.

C1. That's were my rook now stands; directly in front of an enemy rook. Finally some leverage, maybe that optimism of mine might kick back in?

Nope! His rook just moved, standing on D2. "Meh-heh-heh. Checkmate." With the last grip of sanity I had, I took a thorough analysis of the board. Yep, he won. Tears leaked out of my eyes as I got struck with a minor laughing fit.

Time really isn't my friendliest accomplice. "Yeah... Good game..."

#3 Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    WavePearl likes this.
  4. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Karma, Karma, Kecleon Brothers

Shinx wonders how Treasure Town stays so safe, even without the guild. (Takes place two years before the beginning of Temporal Travesty.)
    "Thank you for your patronage sir." Kecleon cheered, as Bidoof traded his money for some berries. Today was the day I had a field assignment, while it's nothing fancy, just a small camping trip to Lush Prairie. A viscous storm hit the area during the spring, and tore up a too many tipis. Nobody was injured, thank goodness, but it still left its mark on the pokémon that live there. As a matter of fact, the whole guild were coming, bringing with us all the wood and shedded arbok skin we had in storage.

The problem with this, is that it left the town unguarded, outlaws and bandits could easily attack if they wanted to. And a part of me just feels a bit stupid for not telling Wigglytuff or Chatot sooner. Though since it was just me and Bidoof for now, I voiced my concerns, and the answer I got actually surprised me.

"Golly. Bandits and outlaws, we haven't had those in ages!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, but why? Is it because of the guild?" I asked.

"Yup, yup, not entirely." He answered. "No siree, while it is true we help keep them out, there's always been two pokémon protecting this town, even before the guild."

"Really?!" I questioned in disbelief. "Who are they?!" Before I got my answer, blasts of fire exploded all around us, none of it attacking any of the settlements, but the fire was quick to spread, and all too quickly I found myself nearly suffocating from the smoke.

"Smokescreen!" One of the citizens shouted. The smoke made it difficult to tell who it was, all I knew is that several pokémon were either running away from the danger, or fetching water buckets from the small lake below the bridge.

I've never felt fear like this before. Only in my nightmares, have I known what it's like to be attacked by an unknown enemy, I felt so useless! Bidoof too, was just standing there. I tried to shove him out of his daze, but it did nothing to stop him, he just kept staring at the two Kecleon Brothers.

"So, Shinx? You'd like to hear more of these two pokémon that fend off the wicked?" Kecleon -- the green one asked me.

"While we don't mean to brag," His brother-- the purple one added. "Those two pokémon you heard of were us."

"And it's the secret training that passed down from several generations of Kecleon Brothers, that keep us in tip-top shape for any rogue, no matter how deadly."

After all the flames and smoke died out, the attackers showed themselves, and they were laughing condescendingly at the civilians that put out the fire. I recognise these criminals from the wanted posters on the guild bulletin boards, all just as deadly as the other.

Rank 5 Star outlaw Magmortar. He's been on the watch list of the Magnezone Police Department ever since he torched plenty of forests in greedy turf wars.

Rank 6 Star outlaw Kingdra. A criminal for hire who works only for the worst of the crime bosses. His constant shipment of illegal itemizer orbs alone earned him his current rank.

Rank 5 Star outlaw Ambipom. A tyrant of many forest area dungeons. He's a thief at best and a crime boss at worst, even if he's among the lesser of roles.

And they all have one thing in common. They're out for the guild. It was one of Wigglytuff's inspiring stories he told me, about how he apprehended an entire house of three criminal hideouts. The Police Department was crammed that day, but that didn't mean the guildmaster took them all down. These guys escaped, and now, with nowhere else to turn to, they struck back for revenge.

"Yup, yup. We should let the Kecleon Brothers handle this." There was no fear in Bidoof. And if the kecleons are the reason Treasure Town is so peaceful, I didn't once doubt Bidoof or the brothers.

"Alright, Brother, I'll get the magmortar." The green one said

"Yes, and I'll get the kingdra."

"So that just leaves the ambipom."

"Who of which we'll take down together."

"It's a deal." And at the moment Kecleon sped at a pace I didn't even know was possible! With nothing but a leap, he could've been on par with a ninjask! Magmortar screamed in shock, and could only throw a dodgeable punch before being jabbed in the temple by Kecleon's tongue. The fire pokémon was left foaming in his mouth from the stun, and with his arm still reaching out, Kecleon grabbed hold of it, and done a 360 spin to throw the magmortar onto the dirt. The floor crumbled like dust, leaving the magmortar buried in a tiny crater.

The shrunk-eye expression on Kingdra only lasted a second, when a flash of three purple lines attacked his stomach. Even with no visible markings, he fell to the ground, fainting within an instant.

And that left only Ambipom, who had an expression matching Kindra's and his fear showed no sign of escape. "W-Wow! I get it okay! You win, you win!" It was like he was pleading for his life. "How about a deal? I don't do crime a-and you don't beat me up deal?"

The brothers only shook their heads in shame. And in unison they said: "There's only one deal you can make with us, and that's a criminal sentence.

"And that's the deal a criminal always deals when they face the Kecleon brothers."

The ambipom was shaking all over, but he put it all together and spoke to the brothers. "You expect me to sink that low?" The ambipom questioned, pouncing for attack "NO WA--" He didn't even get to finish his sentence, as two sucker punches shot him in the face, and left him with several lumps, and maybe even some missing teeth. Just like Kingdra he fell to the floor, except only falling back first.

And I stood there; watching it all with my mouth wide and my eyes starry in amazement. I had no idea the Kecleon Brothers were even capable of fighting this well.

"Yup, yup. Even I knew my lesson when dealing with a Kecleon Brother."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Yup, yup, I did the awful mistake of leaving his shop and forgetting to pay -back at one of the dungeon's of course-, and it was a mistake I promised to never make again, yes siree!" That might not have been his fault (unlike these outlaws). But still, at the end of the day, these pokémon are heading straight to officer Magnezone. Justice has been served.

#4 Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  5. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    What The Future Holds

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Takes place sometime after Grovyle's special episode; Dusknoir's sableye observe a time-travelling couple, in hopes of understanding what deep affection means. (GrovyleXCelebi)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The widespread presence of mountain side grass gave a pleasant aroma to this world for the first time in years; maybe even centuries. The absence of time and controlled order made it near impossible to calculate such measurement. And it had shown when this world reintroduced and remade it's calendar. Something symbolic to the creation of a new world. And although the scars, trauma and loss of sanity never truly disappeared. The bringing of peace would hope to pave ways for healing and optimism for even the most broken of pokémon.

Amongst these pokémon that strived to adapt for a new future were a group of six sableye, currently in the middle of a game of cards. They were in and still remained amongst Dusknoir's ranks. He and Grovyle would be the one of few to help bring order and civil life back on track. And all the sableye were confident them two could bring the world back to it originally was.

On this mountain side, the sableye were basking in the scent and moisture of a fresh, spring graze. Not caring that the wet grass soaked their small bodies nor worried about the tattered cards that were stacked on a stone, slab stand.

"Wheh-heh-heh Five kings, I win this hand." Said the only female of the group, forking the last of what her remaining opponent had of his gemstones in to her pile.

"Hey, treat those nicely, amethysts are one of a kind!" Scorned the sableye with the losing hand.

"Wheh-heh-heh, I know." She pinched the purple gem between two of her clawed fingers, holding it with delicacy. She rolled her tongue and placed the gem gently on her tongue, after rolling her tongue back into her mouth, she savoured the taste and chewed slowly. The losing sableye were not pleased with how she ate it, due to the hint of teasing mannerisms that came with it.

"Wheh-heh-heh so..." Attention was brought to one of the other sableyes as he was starting a new conversation. "I heard news that Grovyle and Celebi are hitting it off." This of course gave many reactions among the other sableye.

"What?"

"Wheh-heh-heh. Really?"

"What are you talking about?" Another sableye inquired. "They've always been friends."

"No, no, I mean really hitting it off." Was his answer. "Y'know, like, romance."

"Wheh-heh-heh. No kidding?"

"Wasn't it obvious already?" The female sableye asked rhetorically. "Wheh-heh-heh, Sure, they've not made any moves, yet, but it's bound to happen."

"Wheh-heh-heh, and that's where it gets interesting." Told the sableye that started the whole conversation. "They're having one of their expedition dates on this mountain as we speak." He further informed. "Ten gems of my choosing, say they're gonna smooch."

"Wheh-heh-heh, I don't know. That Grovyle guy's a little shy when it comes to Celebi."

"It could still be interesting."

"Either way, I don't think it's our business." The female said.

"Wheh-heh-heh, you can't be saying that because you're the only one with all the good gems, are you?"

"No" The female replied with notable irritation. "It's just... We shouldn't be invading on other people's privacy."

"We're only gonna check if they smooch." The other sableye counter-argued. "After that, we'll scram. And besides, wouldn't it be nice to know what actual love looks like." Even if the female of the group didn't like the approach, the sableye she was arguing with had a point. With all the madness of this world's former state, nobody could really hold any ties of affectionate feelings such as love. And with the constant orders of Dusknoir that kept them busy, they had no time to dwell on such feelings, and that's not accounting for their slipping mental states that distanced them further from such feelings. It was a crazy world, and it wouldn't be bad for them just to understand what those feelings and emotions felt like once more.

With all that in mind, she felt defeated. "Okay... I'm in."
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Recreating the new world also meant knowing and understanding the new world, with the planet paralysis once shifting lands and dungeons and creating new ones, and the undoing of such a travesty doing a similar effect, Grovyle knew to explore as much as possible to do what needed to be done. Inhabit new lands, bring back the berries and produce the world was so close to losing, and most dauntingly: update maps to suit the current topography. Granted it wasn't impossible, and with new recruits joining by the day, it became easier and easier to bring back what was once lost. And that's exactly the reason why he was on this mountain to begin with, equipping nothing more but a satchel containing all the essential items needed for the task.

Accompanying him was Celebi, sporting pink colours that were otherwise unheard of amongst her species, in of itself was also a rare sight. Interestingly enough nobody seemed to notice the colour difference in the eyes that came alongside her completion, all except herself and Grovyle. Most celebi were known to have blue eyes, but Grovyle was quick to notice the green tint that came with his celebi. When he pointed this out, it made her uncontrollably happy, elated even. The reason why though remained a mystery to Grovyle, if he had to guess it probably gave her a reason to feel more unique, but even then... It just didn't feel very plausible.

They were close to the mountain edge, and it was trips like these that made Grovyle promise that he'd never forget what everlasting darkness looked like, not even during the dullest of grey storms or even an impending tidal wave. The world was back to the way it should be. And just like nature intended, the sky was painted with a vast blue, white clouds that felt although still afar, felt much more reachable than they did on the surface. And the best of the picture were in the details on the horizon below: Hills, fields, smaller mountains and campsites, reminding Grovyle once more of the new possibility of unified life.

Still, in the edge's of Grovyle's heart, he still thought there was something missing... He knew it wasn't the same absence that came with saying goodbye to his friends, that was a heartache he knew he'd have to overcome. What he thought was missing just boiled down to a desire for something else...

Whatever it was, Celebi's giggles quickly snapped him back to reality. "You're in deep thought again." She said. "You've done what you've always striven to do, what is there to still think about?"

A question like that had many answers, and many reasons behind those answers, but Grovyle to answer as simply as he could. "I don't know." He sat near the tip of the mountain edge, it struck outwards like a jagged appendage, and in spite of its appearance, it gave the comfort of cushioning grass, and the breeze of a fine, cool air. Celebi sat beside him, he was quick to jump from how close they were, she noticed this too and shifted away a little for necessary space. "Beautiful isn't it?"

"Huh?" The reaction was sudden and surprised, but a quick notice of where Grovyle was looking immediately put her back in ease. "Oh... The landscape." She muttered, with hints of embarrassment. "Yes, it is beautiful."

Almost distracted by the mesmerising scenery, Grovyle unclipped his satchel and took out a folded map, a dry feather pen and a jar of black ink. He squinted and began to pinpoint his location by counting and pointing at the smaller mountains from afar; he used them to get a general idea of his location and found himself slotted between some of otherwise bigger mountains that dwarfed in the size on the one they currently stood on. Undoing the cork on the jar of ink, he dipped his feather pen in it, and roughly drew a triangle in between all the others, while also giving an indication of its height difference.

A quick glance were exchanged between the two pokémon. Celebi quickly shied away, twinkling with her jointless, three-pointed fingers. "You're nervous." Told Grovyle, who was confused by the strange behaviour.

"I'm not nervous!" She squeaked, almost in a hot-headed manner. "...Okay maybe I am, but you know you'd be... If well..."

"If what?" Grovyle asked, trying to decipher Celebi's struggle for words and anxious behaviour. Though, truth be told, he himself felt a strange tenderness in his stomach it bought feelings of warmth, but also a false denial to it all. And the best or worst part about it, was that those feelings strengthened over the time his ultimate goal was finished.

"It's just that I feel a certain way, and I don't want to act on those feelings too rashly in case I make a fool of myself." Said Celebi.

That warmness now hit like a spark or a punch in Grovyle's body and nerves, and it clicked together, to give him the answer he was looking for. Finally! He knew what all those sensations meant! He smirked at the thought and gave Celebi an response she wouldn't see coming. "I understand what you mean." It almost sounded like a cheesy one-liner, something that either one of his former associates would've mocked him for saying.

A mildly surprised face quickly turned into a wide smile; bigger than the one she had when Grovyle noticed the colour difference in her eyes. "R-Really?" She inquired.

Grovyle himself grew a little nervous himself, he made all the effort possible to stifle his fidgets, but nothing could fight against the warmth he felt in his face. He had to hold himself together, he knew he could, even with disregard to the challenges he faced before. He took a deep breath and mentally cleared his throat.

"Cele-"

"What the heck?!" He was taken back by her sudden outburst, skin almost jumping out like a shedding seviper. Celebi was red in the face, and her head could've mistakenly sported some veins and tick marks. But the relief washed over when he realised her anger wasn't directed towards him; she wasn't even facing his direction. She had her eyes targeted on the trees and bushes behind them. Although he didn't see it at first, Grovyle saw what is was when Celebi flew straight at them and grabbed two of them by the back of their necks, holding their weight while still levitating. A group of Sableye that were spying on them. "Explain yourself." She demanded coldly.

"We didn't mean it that way." One of them answered defensively. "We just made a bet if you two would smooch, that's a-"

"WHAT?!"

"He didn't mean it like that." The other sableye said. "Y'know, years of being in the future- you forget what love feels like, so you... Y'know learn it from-"

"I don't care what you're trying to learn!" She scorned. "You don't spy on anybody! Especially, when they want privacy!" It was like watching a mother scold their children for being naughty, in a dismissive manner, Celebi dropped the Sableye, and let the two fall face first into the dirt. "Now get out of here."

"Yes ma'am!" One of the sableyes exclaimed. Running out of sight in pure, unadulterated fear.

"What they should learn is manners. Somebody better teach them that." She quickly sat back in her former spot and resumed to her and Grovyle's conversation.

"I think that 'somebody' should be you." Grovyle remarked, scratching the side of his neck. "As I was saying... Those feelings that we didn't want to embarrass ourselves ove-" Almost like a stealth move, a quick, nervous peck was planted on grovyle's snout he was left stunned by it, but not by any means did he hate the sensation... Even if it came with fever-felt heat to his cheeks. "...I'm guessing this means one of them has won a bet." He remarked once more with a nervous laugh. The gecko contemplated another kiss, but decided to leave things as they were for now, and just go back to admiring the horizons. Celebi seemingly agreed to this, as she too stared intently at the world around them, all while still twiddling with her fingers.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    There you have it, my first shot at romance. How did I do? Bad? Good? Cheesy? Cliche? Either way, feedback is much appreciated.

And yes, (even if it's extremely unlikely,) before somebody nitpicks and says all of Dusknoir's six sableye are male, I have two things to say. 1). I didn't know that at the time. And 2). Diversity hire. Why? Because I said so.

#5 Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020