1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokè Problems

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gengar, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gengar

Gengar Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Just like the JWittz song tell say one thing that grinds your gears in Pokémon. I'll get things started. Why can't Slyther learn fly when Doduo and Dodrio can?

2. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Why is it that Pokémon that are obviously floating can still be hit by ground-type moves? o.O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alyx

Alyx Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽48.1
    Why do the opposers get multiple moves in a row? ('I only have x amount of HP left and it's my turn -- RIVAL USED xx -- CRITICAL HIT')

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Example: How does a Water type Pokémon get burned by using Waterfall?

5. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    How is it that when I use Blizzard, it doesn't miss -- the opponent avoids it? How do you sidestep a Blizzard? Are the taunting me by letting me know that my aim wasn't bad, but that the move is so easy to dodge?

6. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    ^ Same for moves like Earthquake, Surf and Self-Destruct.

*Oops, I just just self-destructed myself in the wrong direction, now it didn't hit my opponent*

7. Alyx

Alyx Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽48.1
    Why do ground Pokémon that know Splash try to use it on the ground where there's no water? (xx used Splash! but NOTHING HAPPENED)

8. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    That's because of a mistranslation. The Japanese name for Splash would translate to "hop", which makes a lot more sense for all the non-water type Pokémon.

9. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Why is fairy type immune to dragon type? Fairies would get damn wrecked by dragons, last I checked. When a giant monster fires a bolt of ancient draconic energy at a little pixie on a flower, the last thing you expect to happen is nothing. Stupid fairies.

Also, why is steel not super effective against flying? That's not as big of a complaint, but when I picture a Metagross swinging a metal claw into a bird, it's not the bird that wins. Kinda the same thought process as rock being good against flying, I guess, but steel too would give flying a whole lot of weaknesses. Oh well.

10. Luky1

Luky1 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Rock is super effective against flying because saying "Two birds with one stone"

Why is dark immune to psychic?

11. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Why that sometimes i find a shiny i accidentally ran away from it omg ;-;

12. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    In some mythologies, I think fairies were actually superior to dragons.

13. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Grass knot.
    Firstly, how does a puny blade of grass trip a 950 kg (2000 lbs) behemoth like Groudon?
    And how can you use grass knot on water?

14. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Why are most Rock/Flying Pokémon so fast? Like, they're flying hunks of rock. They shouldn't even be able to fly...

15. Gabidou99

Gabidou99 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Why there is Male Gardevoir and Female Mr. Mime?
    I've heard that in most Fairy Tales, the dragons dies at the end.

16. Eevee918

Eevee918 Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Why is Hawlucha not allowed in Sky Battles when it learns Fly and is a Flying Type? E_E

17. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    How does a fish become an octopus? Idgi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.