1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokétch

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Wizard, Jun 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, you are given this neat little device called a Poketch. Essentially, it is a handy watch with a touch screen that has a variety of apps that help you as a trainer. Past key items such as the Dowsing Machine found their way into the Poketch, making it more accessible because of the touch screen functions on the bottom screen. It even shows the status of your Pokémon in Day Care, making breeding easier as well.

What did you think of the Poketch? What was your favorite app? Do you want to see something like the Poketch in the future?

I personally loved the Poketch, there were a ton of different useful things on it for me, most importantly being the Day Care app, which made my shiny Togepi hunting a lot more bearable, because I didn't have to check the Day Care every time I passed. There are a few apps that didn't have any real purpose, but were a lot of fun such as the step counter, which I loved seeing how long it would take me to get it to reset. Heck, even the coin toss was fun when trying to make a split decision. I'd like to see something like it in the future, where a lot of your important items are bundled together in an accessible package.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I liked it and all its functionality.
    I really liked the spinner app, for multi choices,
    I liked the step app, the day care app, the love tester, the item finder, the map for roaming Pokémon, I even used the timer every once in a while, the calander had potential but, eh, and the friendship checker was fabulous. When they remake the game I hope to see it updated and still there, maybe a sort of smart watch type design with apps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    I loved the Poketch. I thought it was a fun little thing I can play with and waste some time. Sometimes I would just lose focus and play with the step counter and just watch the numbers go up so yeah it was fun.

4. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    I loved having the poketch and its functions, i did like some more than the others however, like

Counter:
    Obtained from the Veilstone depatment store, as an EV trainer i adored this app because it helped me keep track of my pokemons evs without having to memorize it.

Alarm clock:
    Which was an event from nintendo, Im one of those people who gets sucked into games, so i usually set an alarm clock to remind me to go out or to attend to things.

Pokeradar checker:
    A tool used to help me while shiny hunting

The poketch was def a great addition to the game, and id love to see something like it in gen 7, be it with the rotom Pokédex or a seperate device.

5. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I think the Pokétch is one of my favourite gadgets in the Pokémon universe! There were so many useful applications just a few touches away! My favourites were the Berry Seeker (which was my map of the region), the Day Care application and the Hidden Item Radar. Those were on pretty much all the time.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The only apps I used was the day care, counter and map for roaming Pokémon other than those I didn't really use the others all that much really. I never really had a need to use any of the others much if at all really.

7. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I liked the Poketch on paper. It did have its uses, but it was kind of clunky and unintuitive to use. It was annoying to navigate after a certain point, and I wasn't big on the design choice.

8. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really did love this and was one of the things that made gen 4 one of my favorite gens. I would absolutely love it if they brought it back, no matter how unlikely it is. I really only used the counter, step counter, and alarm though. Everything else I did use, just not as much as those three. I remember the step counter being super fun to play with.

9. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    I loved the Poketch, it was a really cool device and I loved that they had everything you'd need for competitive team building built in as well. Besides, what if you're inside Mount Coronet and realise you had to do some quick Math? Poketch has you covered. ;)

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I thought it had its uses, but I never really used it. Plus the design wasn't my favorite. I didn't mind it taking up the touch screen though, but after a while it got annoying to navigate the more apps it had on it.

11. MegaBlastoise15

PokéPoints:
    ₽22.6
    I really enjoyed having the Poketch. The Dowsing Machine was always helpful and it made breeding a hell of a lot easier. However, the monochrome screen and navigation through the apps could have been toiched up on. Maybe in the Diamond/Pearl remakes, there could be more apps and a better look to it.

12. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I think Pokétch are super useful when I'm traveling in Sinnoh region, there are many apps that are helping me along the way, like checking what time is it just like any watches do, checking the bond with my Pokémon, and also several apps that involves breeding, this watch sure helps a lot! Besides of PSS, this might probably be one of the most useful utilities in the bottom screen in my DS/3DS.

13. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    The Poketch is a super neat idea that I would love to see come back in an expanded form. Having a ton of different apps right on the touch screen is a great way to use the DS's second screen. I love having my team displayed on the touch screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.