1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 4 Poké Ball Seals

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG]
    image courtesy of serebii.net
    Seals were an aesthetic addition to DPPt and allowed you to change the design of your Poké Ball when it released a Pokémon. These designs ranged from flames and lightning bolts to your choice of letters or text.

Did you use seals? What did you think of them? Do you want them brought back in future games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I skipped that gen so I've never had the chance to use it and I hope that they bring it back so that I can see the appeal of it, tbh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Ooh I think I remember those a bit. They were fun!! They should come back :D

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I used them in SS, which I guess was linked to that generation. I thought it was neat, and I enjoyed seeing all the possible patterns I could make with them. I wish they'd bring them back, like what they did with the partner Pokémon beside/behind/in front of you.

5. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Ball seals were fun to play around with! I've always loved the flower ones but the bubbles were awesome to look at too. I don't appreciate them as much now, but the younger me was definitely fascinated with them. I'd love to see them back in future generations, fully animated in 3D. More variety would work too! I'd love to see the ball seals from the anime, especially the one that Dawn uses for Togekiss (which was a crown, if I remember correctly?)

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I remember messing a lot with that post game in DPPt, getting all the seals and making a ton of combos. My favorite one was a thunder cloud that had lightning bolts coming out of it.

These should def come back in a Gen 4 remake or it wouldn't be quite the game even if they have no real function aside from looking neat.

7. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I absolutely loved seals, I would spend hours switching them around, trying them out in battles, then change it again.

8. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    The seals were a great way to tweak the Pokéball, but I usually ended up taking them off due to a mechanic I don't quite remember. I still liked them, /and would love to see them return in the future.

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I vaguely remember these... I think I played around with them a lot. I want them back in future games because they seem like a good idea.

10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I was so inspired by the contests in the anime where Dawn sent out her Pokémon with huge, bubbly hearts that there was no way I could pass up on seals. I spent a lot of time playing around with them to get the effects I wanted! I remember being kind of disappointed at how they didn’t look like they were from the anime, but it was enough to keep me entertained.

11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I liked them as a small aesthetic feature. They were a fun way to liven the entrance of a battle. I would defiantly want to see them come back in future generations, but more as a side feature. Kind of like how their doing cloths now, buy them in shops and put them on when you feel like it.

12. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I used seal at one point and I did love them. If they do gen 4 remakes, this is a feature that NEEDS to come back. They were awesome in my opinion and if I ever replay gen 4 I plan to use them.

13. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Oh I've used these a ton, I remember really liking messing around with them :3 I do remember there being a little bit of hassle involved with equiping and dequiping them, but that might have been my kid self being dumb xD

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Seals were pretty cool. There was this one that looked like dark purple rose petals that I would use for my Lumineon. I thought they were a good idea, but having to switch out the capsules before being able to store a Pokémon in the PC was a pain, and they became pretty much useless in HGSS since you don't let the Pokémon that walks with you out of its ball when a battle starts. I'd like to see it again, but only if there were improvements in how they worked.

15. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I loved seals, I once got all 28 Unown in platinum to get all the letter seals. :'o
    I'd love to see them return, but they were removed for a good reason- people would use letter seals (as well as Chatot's Chatter, which was altered the next generation) to send foul language to others.
    I never had online connect back then, but if I did I probably would have added onto the problem as I do remember once having a seal that read F***!!! :x

I usually did really cute ones, though. Such as hearts and flower petals. I got rid of that seal after a day, I think.

16. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    i loved the seals when i used them, just having them back would make pretending to be showcase performer in Pokémon games even more fun!

17. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    I didn't play those games, so sadly I never got to use them. I they sound like they would have been really fun I wish they would bring them back. I like customization features like this and wish they would do more.

18. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    I used seals back in the day and... I think they had potential, but they were canned right 4th gen ended as all gimmicks, loosing any possibility of improvement. I think they'll come back when the DP remakes are a thing, but, while I'm curious about how they'll remake such thing, I think it isn't needed at all since PokeBalls' animations were made flashier recently.

Personally, I think they should have been able to be applied to any Pokémon, not just to those already in your team (and on top of that, making you unnable to put them into the pc unless removed:()

19. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Seals were so fun! I remember using them on several of my Pokémon with a Flame Seal on my Infernape, a Party/Confetti Seal on my Togetic and a Flower Seal on my Roserade. It was really cool to see the extra unique designs come out of the Pokéball along with my Pokémon and I wish they would be brought back