1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Black & White remakes likely for the Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by ThomasP, Sep 2, 2022.

?

Do you think that the Pokémon Black and White remakes are likely or unlikely for Nintendo Switch?

1. Likely

28.6%
  2. Unlikely

42.9%
  3. Dunno

28.6%
  1. ThomasP

ThomasP PKMN Breeder

Eelie
    (Tynamo)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,198.0
    Someday right after the original worldwide release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, do you think that the Pokémon Black and White remakes are likely or unlikely for the Nintendo Switch? Why? Please let me know, thanks.;)

2. Ludaritz

Ludaritz School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽3.5
    I'd say this is very likely, same how they did with ORAS - fleshing the end of the game out more and making it more open for the global trading system :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    No matter what, I just wish BW remake is not like BDSP, just use the old code and patch it with updates than call it a day. (Basically, put a bit more effort in it.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    They’ll probably be on another system. While it’s possible they’ll release another game on the Switch after Nintendo’s next console comes out, ending with a remake doesn’t make much sense. In the past GameFreak made the last main games on a system be updated versions of something that already released. Of course they’re clearly going in a different direction with the Switch, so who knows.

I personally hope they hold on the inevitable Gen 5 remakes until Nintendo’s next system. The Switch already has tons of mainline Pokémon games. Adding in another remake feels excessive. I also just want to see Gen 5 on a console more graphically impressive than the laughably dated Switch.

As for the game itself, I hope they update the visuals and music in a way that’s faithful, but also an improvement. I also hope they keep the solid story, postgame, and culture that felt unique to this region. As long as they’re not half done like Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl I’m content.