1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Pokémon Crystal getting a 3DS Virtual Console release in January

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Otter Mii-kun, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Following long anticipation by fans, Nintendo has announced that Pokémon Crystal will be released to the 3DS Virtual Console on eShop on January 26th.

From https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-crystal-coming-to-3ds-next-month/1100-6455644/ :
    I must say that I'm really excited about this and am looking forward to next month's release, just as I was for the preceding Game Boy-era games that were reissued for the 3DS.

A re-release of Crystal seemed imminent to many fans, considering that dataminers reportedly found references to the Generation II "third game" in the coding for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and the update to Pokémon Bank that added support for the Virtual Console Gold and Silver.

I had been anticipating that, if Crystal were ever to be re-released, the announcement would actually come late in the winter or spring for a summer 2018 release.

2. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    omgooosh if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have bought Gold lol
    So excited!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Otter Mii-kun likes this.
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Even if I already have Silver I might just get Crystal just because, and so I can get my butt kicked in the Battle Tower again I was always awful in that place. XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Suddenly I regret buying Silver. :( But then again, it was worth it for the Celebi event.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I never had Crystal or played it on an emulator, so I am going to get it, even if I also bought Silver.

6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Hhh I'm working my way back through gold but I wish I had held out to get Crystal instead! I loved crystal when I was little!

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I really want a New 3DS now... T_T

8. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    and now I already have crystal for my gbasp, XD okay I have silver also but still.
    if I ever get into retro gaming im sure to continue play it

9. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I've barely progressed at all in Gold before getting bored of it so I'm questioning whether Crystal would be worth the buy. I kinda don't want to just drop it in the middle of progression like I did with Gold and and especially Yellow. :\

... But knowing me, I might just go for it anyway! Why not?

10. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I didn't grow up with GSC, so I can't say I'm as excited for it as everyone else is. Still, I'm glad everyone will be able to relive their childhood!