1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers Pokémon Direct (June 5)

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Jun 5, 2019.

?

Which version will you get?

1. Sword

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Shield

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Both

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    With the most recent direct just finished, we have more information about Sword and Shield, including new pokémon and the release date! November 15th 2019.

New Pokémon

A few new pokémon were reveal, their typings are still not known but we got their names and designs revealed.

pokemon 2.png
    Wooloo the Sheep Pokémon, famous for its fur that's popular among weavers.

pokemon 3.png
    Gossifleur the Flowering Pokémon, a Pokémon that's said to favor areas with clear and and water and have pollen with healing probabilities.

Pokemon 4.png
    Dreadnaw the Bite Pokémon, the sharp edges of its jaws allows it to bite chunks off rock and iron. Its vicious nature making it difficult to train for all but the most experienced trainers.

pokemon 5.png
    Corviknight the Raven Pokémon, this pokémon is used as a flying taxi service to take players to any city they've previously visited.

We were also introduced to one of the new evolutions, the evolved form for Gossifleur!
    pokemon 6.png
    Eldegoss the Cotton Bloom Pokémon, the seeds on its head are said to promote growth in plants and revitalize people and pokémon.

And finally we got the legends revealed, Zacian and Zamazenta, nothing is known of them yet aside from their names but it looked like the end of the trailer hinted to them than what we've currently seen. It also looks like they could do something with their sword and shield just by taking a quick glance.
    pokemon 9.png pokemon 8.png

New characters

We're also introduced to a few new characters, Galar's professor, her assistance, a gym leader, your rival and the champion.

pokemon 9.png pokemon 9.png pokemon 9.png pokemon 9.png pokemon 9.png

Dynomax

The new battle feature revealed for Sword and Shield, dynomaxing allows you to turn your pokémon into temporarily, it can be used once per battle and the pokémon will return to normal after. It'll increase the pokémon's power and it honestly looks pretty cool, will be looking forward to seeing more of this.

Pokemon 1.png

In addition we're getting something called Max Raid Battle, where you can connect with other players and go up against a dynomax'd wild pokémon that stays huge throughout the whole encounter, they'll have special abilities. Defeating it will allow capture and some pokémon cannot be captured till you've defeated them in a Max Raid Battle. Only one player can dynomax their pokémon doing this battles so teamwork is crucial to defeating these massive opponents.

The pokémon you can take on in this now battle format various according to the area you're in and the weather.

pokemon 9.png

Wild Area

pokemon 9.png

This area sounds like is the area where you'll mainly encounter pokémon and is the area between the cities. Different terrains where shown in the trailer, for meadows to desert like areas. The pokémon that appear will vary depending on where you are and the weather.

pokemon 9.png

Best part, you can n ow control the camera making it easier to look around for items and pokémon, in the trailer it appears that pokémon may show up in the overworld, I sure hope so.

pokemon 9.png
    pokemon 9.png

Gyms are back

pokemon 9.png

Gym battles are back but they appear to be slightly different, you battle using dynomax pokémon. Gym stadiums are build in special locations that allow pokémon to go dynomax, is not yet known if the pokémon are dynomax'd doing the entire fight but it does sounds kinda like is more than just for a single move, we'll have to wait and see.

pokemon 9.png

Games are set to come out November 15 2019, which version will you get?

pokemon 7.png

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wizard likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Some things I can agree with, others... not so much.
    Wooloo looks cool enough.
    Drednaw's description makes it sound like it could be Fighting. It better be Fighting.
    Gossifleur and Eldegoss sound a little too similar to Cottonee and Whimsicott...
    Corviknight is a good birb and I love it.
    Dynamaxing looks... ehh... way too similar to Z-Moves and Mega Evolution for my taste. I'd rather they start on a new idea instead of "hyper-powerful move that can only be used once per battle!". Mega Evolution was cool when it came out, but they're dragging the formula a bit too far. I wasn't a fan of Z-Moves either. I don't know how to feel about this "new" mechanic yet. Maybe they should stop introducing mechanics like these and just do the new Pokémon generation.
    I like the idea of the Raid as a way to integrate PoGo mechanics into the main series.
    Gyms are back! Yes!
    New rival. Brother of the champion? Sounds cool enough. I'm a bit worried that they choose the started weaker than yours, once again. I'm dying to see a rival like Blue again, who you desperately want to beat, instead of someone like Hau or Shauna.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm extremely excited for these games. The legendary Pokémon look really cool. It looks like Zacian is just holding a sword in his mouth, which isn't as cool as the way that Zamazenta's shield thing is actually a part of its body. We'll just have to see though.
    Dynomaxing is going to take some getting used to, but It does actually look pretty cool. Similar to Z-moves and Mega evolution, but I think it's different enough to not just feel like the same thing over and over again. At least this one is more limited on how you can use it.
    I'm a little cautious about Hop, because I don't want just another friendly rival who seems extremely wimpy and kinda pathetic, and then they end up becoming champion completely out of nowhere. I love his brother though. Leon just looks so cool, and it looks like he's going to be an actual character, more than just the guy you fight at the end of the game.
    A little disappointed that we didn't get to see anything of the bad guys or what the evolutions to the starter Pokémon are going to be.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    Dynamaxing looks hilarious. I can't wait to see Pokémon like Igglybuff and Cleffa suddenly become kaiju. I'm not really that impressed with some of the new characters and Pokémon. Corviknight and Drednaw both look interesting, but I don't really like the other new Pokémon revealed. As for the characters, Leon and Sonia are the only ones that I like so far. Hop's kind of bland and Milo just looks silly. Although, Hop was specifically referred to as one of your rivals, so hopefully we might get another one that's closer to the Blue/Silver archetype (since it looks like Hop will probably be another bland, 'friendly' rival). I'm also kind of disappointed that we didn't get a glimpse of the new villain team, but oh well.
    Overall, I'm not really sure what to make of this new information. I'm actually kind of underwhelmed. Hopefully they're just saving the good stuff for later.

5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    We do have typings!
    Wooloo is Normal, Gossifleur & Eldegoss are Grass, Corviknight is Flying/Steel, Drednaw is Water/Rock. We have the abilities too.
    Info of the website:
    https://swordshield.pokemon.com/

I may give my opinion on all this stuff later- just saying that I'm leaning more towards Sword but I'm not completely sure yet.

#5 Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Figured Wooloo would just be normal and Gossifleur & Eldegoss grass, I thought Corviknight would be dark/flying and Drednaw would be rock/dragon.

7. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I wonder if Wooloo will have a sheared form...

Pokémon and characters aside, though, I'm really liking how open the Wild Area looks! It seems to be a lot less linear than the previous games.

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Yay, I can actually have a Godzilla sized Tyranitar when you use the Dynamax thing (That was literally my first thought when I saw that btw).

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    The games seem very decent. The "Dynamax" mechanic sounds like a good idea, though it depends on how it's executioned. The new legendary Pokémon seem ok for me, but they're not gonna be my favourites. The other revealed normal Pokémon seemed nice for me, though.
    I like the new generation so far!

RadEmpoleon and Hraesvelgr like this.
  10. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’m loving it so far, but are we not gonna talk about the song with lyrics? I was not expecting that.

11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I like the idea of dynamax much more than mega evolutions or Z moves, but it seems like Gamefreak can’t go a generation without adding some sort of one-off battle mechanic.

The fact Pokémon are still visible on the overworld is great! Can’t wait to see what they do for the concept.

As for the Pokémon themselves, I couldn’t be happier. All of them look great.

The new human designs aren’t too shabby, but that grass gym leader looks like he’s 10 and 37 at the same time.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I was not really a fan of Mega-Evolutions, and while I liked Z-moves better I always thought they were really bad for competitive. However, there's not a single thing I dislike about Dynamax (so far, anyway; need to see how it actually functions in-battle).

I know a bunch of people were hoping for a female professor, and while I'm neutral as far as all that goes I am happy for those who were hoping for that. She looks like she could be a sort of Agatha-like character, but since she has a granddaughter she's probably a bit softer.

Camera control is probably the best practical mechanic they could have given us, especially given that we no longer explore a sprite-driven universe.

Also, I want the sheep. I want its shiny to be pink so I can catch a female Wooloo and name it Genny. Hopefully they also give it a healing move like Milk Drink.