1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 3 Pokémon FireRed without catching any pokémon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ignem, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    The challenge is inspired by a famous poketuber called MandJtv who did the same challenge on Pokémon HeartGolf and Platinum. I mean there are YouTubers who have done similar challenges but I personally have seen his only.

Rules:

1) During the gameplay of this game I cannot catch any Pokémon. Catching any Pokémon here means throwing a Pokéball. I can only use gift Pokémon, Pokémon from game corner or eggs received from the daycare and from fossils

2)For fire red especially I am using an extra rule. I can only get a single Pokémon from the game corner because if I don't restrict my self I might end up getting a full team.

So these are the rules for my challenge, Pokémon Fire red without catching any Pokémon. See you all on the first part.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  2. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    So we begin with Oak himself. He says his famous line, "Are you a boy or a girl?"

I click on boy and the he asks my name. I type Cobalt and then he introduces my rival. And then says he forgot his name. I named my rival Tyler and we begin the game.

I quickly withdraw a potion from my PC and head down. I head outside and to route 1 when Oak stops me and takes me to his lab.

Then I am faced with a problem, what starter to pick. Squirtle was out of the option since I am going to get a Lapras. The choice was between Bulbasaur and Charmander. I picked Bulbasaur since it would be easier to play through the first 3 gyms with only one Pokémon.

I picked Bulbasaur and named him Saur. After beating Tyler in a battle, I head to Viridian to get Oak's parcel and deliver it to him. Oak gives me and Tyler a Pokédex and pokeballs. I immediately sold the pokeballs in Viridian city. After a useless tutorial to catch a Pokémon I head into the Viridian forest.

Have I told you how irritating it is to go through Viridian forest without a Fire or flying type? This time it was even more irritating. Bulbasaur learns Vine Whip as it first damaging move, having 35 power and only 10 PP. I had to go some many times back and forth to viridian to heal him up.

After I reached Pewter, I healed up and challenged Brock. Two Vine Whips later I got the badge.

I then headed to Mount Moon where again on the way were trainers, including 3 bug catchers. After a lot of struggle I was able to beat the trainers and Saur was at level 20. I got through Mt Moon, picking Helix fossil on the way. Praise Lord Helix

Getting out of Mount Moon I healed up and challenged Misty. Again 3 Vine Whips later in had the badge.

Now for the next obstacle, Nugget bridge. What makes it irritating were trainer with bugs, pidgeys and Nidorans.

After a lot of battling I finally reached Bills house. After converting him back to a human he gave me the ticket of SS Anne.

I head back to Cerulean and heal up to see, Saur is at level 24. That's what happens when you use only one Pokémon. I continue to the next gym city Vermillion.

Reaching Vermillion I hop inside SS Anne to get HM cut and other things there like Brick Break, Startdust etc. Of course we had our third rival battle which I was able to win in a clutch. After all things I taught Saur Cut and challenged the third gym, defeating it with ease. 4 razor leaves was all that it took to defeat Surge.

Next I headed to Pewter from Diglett Cave to get the Old Amber, for a future teammate.

I then returned to Vermillion and headed to Cerulean to get a bike. After all that I saved my game.

P.S. i found out that my Saur has evolved to a Venusaur. He was at level 34.

That's it for the first part. See you all in the next one.

This is going to be a small challenge just sayin'.

Kecleon and Flyg0n like this.
  3. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Last time I left you on the way to Lavender town so we start from there. I go from Cerulean city to Rock tunnel. Now the problem comes that I don't have Flash due to not having enough species on my Pokédex. So, I have to go through rock tunnel without the help of Flash. I bring up chrome and put on a map of Rock Tunnel, with that I was relatively easily able to go through the tunnel, with my Venusaur reaching Level 39. After healing I make my way to Celadon, since I cannot do anything in Lavender except change my mons names.

Reaching Celadon I pick the Eevee up from the house. Now a dilemma, what to evolve Eevee to. So Espeon and Umbreon did not exist so that cuts it. So it's either Flareon, Jolteon or Vaporeon. Lapras is going to be my Water-type so that cuts it as well.

So my choice is Jolteon. Jolteon will be able to help me against Lorelei and Lance's Gyarados. I buy a thunderstone evolve Eevee and teach him Shock Wave. After that, I head back to Lavender to rename Jolteon to Jolt. Now for the next teammate. I get the coin case from the restaurant. And head to prize corner to see what Pokémon were there.

There were Abra, Eevee, Scyther, Dratini and Porygon. I cut the list to two Pokémon being Dratini since Dragonite is a Pseudo legend and Abra since Alakazam is pretty powerful. I ended up picking Abra since it would give me an advantage over Team rocket's Poison-types, Koga, Bruno and Agatha's Ghost poisons. I named the Abra Psy.

After switch training and grinding, Abra evolved to Kadabra and learned Confusion and Psybeam.

After that, I decided to evolve Kadabra to Alakazam. So I am using My boy emulator which has the link-local feature. With that, I can trade my Pokémon with myself and evolve them. After that, I challenged Erika and beat her since most Grass types in Kanto are part Poison types. She gave me Giga Drain and taught it to Saur. Before going to Game corner to get silph scope I headed to Saffron to get Psychic and my 4th teammate, being a fighting type. I head into the fighting dojo, destroy all people with Alakazam and get myself a Hitmon. I picked Hitmonlee and named him Lee.

Problem was he was at level 25 while my team was at 35 above and I could not get the exp share so I had to grind a him to level 30. But then I realised that I should have picked Hitmonchan because he can learn the elemental punches. But I did not reset because I am lazy so I let it as is.

I then raided the Game corner got some TMs from there, best Giovanni with Psy and Saur and got the Silph Scope. I headed back to Lavender town to rescue Mr. Fuji from the Pokémon tower. On the way I battled Tyler. After rescuing Mr. Fuji he gave me the pokeflute. Though I was hoping he would also give me a Keystone and Venusaurite, forgetting it is Fire red not Origins.

Next up was Fuschia gym which was easy because of Alakazam. On the way I took got the TM fly. Winning against Koga, he gave me Toxic which I taught to Saur. Can we point out that Venusaur learns no damaging poison type move gen 3 by level up. He learns Sludge Bomb by TMs which is found on Island 5 of Sevii islands.

After getting Surf and Strength. I taught Strength to Lee. Strength I think is a solid move, I don't know why people hate it? It has 80 attack power with 100 accuracy. It's normal type okay, but it's still a pretty awesome move. Next up was Saffron town. I had to clean up Silph co first. So I entered the building beating the Grunts with Psy, Jolt and Lee. And battled Tyler again. Though this battle ended in a clutch since he had Charizard. Shock wave was not able to KO him but Flamethrower put Jolt to red health and burned him. Jolt went down. Psy was exhausted of his moves and Lee and Saur were weak against him. I sent Saur to poison him, which was not needed since Tyler did not heal and used Flamethrower. Saur was down. I should have gone for attack another attack. I sent Lee out, and one Hi-Jump kick later, I won. I healed up after the battle and the dude there gave me a Lapras which I named Dew.

Next was Giovanni, not very interesting battle except one when my Lvl 25 Dew destroyed his lvl 37 Rhyhorn. I had her learn Surf, but due to a mis click in switching her out I used Surf and KOed his Rhyhorn.

After that I got the Master Ball, which is going to be useless. Before the Gym battle I needed to make some prep. Sabrina is a Psychic type gym leader. I have two Pokémon weak against her, one neutral to her and one resistant. But I did not have a single move super effective against her Pokémon. So my solution Shadow Ball. The prize corner gives Shadow Ball for 4500 coins. But decided to get all the tms I needed in one time. So I headed to the route connecting Saffron and Lavender and used VS seeker over and over again to get money.

I brought Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunder Bolt. Which hosted around 16,500 coins. These amounts coins cost 330,000 poke dollars. Thankfully since I had one Pokémon till coming to Celadon I did not had to use Potions and status healing items. So I was already at 140,000 poke dollars. Rest I had to earn.

After destroying all trainers over and over again and robbing them of there money I was able to get enough money to buy all the tms. I taught Ice Beam to Dew, Thunderbolt to Jolt and Shadow Ball to Psy. I challenged Sabrina and destroyed her with Shadow Balls and a Thunder bolt. 6 gym badge was mine.

I then made my way to Fuschia city to surf to Cinnabar Island. Through I forgot one thing. I forgot to stack on Repels and going to Cinnabar from Fuschia requires us to go through SeaFoam islands. But since I am lazy I for through Sea foam without repels. Reaching Cinnabar I revived Omanyte and Aerodactyl. But then I realised a thing. If I picked a dome fossil in mount moon I could have a HM slave. But now I could not have one. Since Omanyte learns Surf, Rock Smash and strength. Surf is with Dew, Strength with Lee and Rock smash is required for post game. I then boxed the Omanyte and revived the Aerodactyl from Old Amber. I named the Aerodactyl Pterastone.

Saur the Venusaur
    Jolt the Jolteon
    Psy the Alakazam
    Lee the Hitmonlee
    Dew the Lapras
    Pterastone Aerodactyl.

4. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    We ended last time at Cinnabar after we got Aerodactyl. I named him Pterastone.

I found out he was at level 5. Really crap level. I had to level him up. So I taught him fly, flew to Cerulean, headed south and shoved him into the day care and biked up and down for like a million times. Till he was on a good level of 50. After that I grinded my team to a level of 50.

I headed to Pokémon mansion, picked the TM for Solar Beam and the secret key. Then challenged Blaine. Dew's Surf decimated all of Blaine's Pokémon. Now for Giovanni, I straight away headed to Viridian. Before challenging Giovanni, I taught Saur Sunny day and Solar Beam. The battle initiated and I set the sun up, after that it was a few Solar Beams. The battle was done and now was the time for the Elite four.

I flew to Celadon to stock on Max Potions, Full heals and Max Repels, then headed to Viridian to head to Indigo Plateau. Next obstacle was Victory Road. Let me tell you Fire red has the worst Victory road.

So many puzzles, for half an hour I was stuck there before I was able to come out. Then I headed into the Indigo Plateau.

I healed up, sold everything I had on me and stocked on Full restores, Full heals and revives. Then challenged the Elite 4.

First up Lorelei. I started with Jolt, switching with Lee for a few. Thunderbolts and Brick Break decimated her team.

Next Bruno, I started with Psy. The psychic was able to destroy his team. Next Agatha, I used Psy for Shadow Balls and Psychic.

Next was Lance. I taught Lapras Hail and Blizzard. The battle initiated and I set the hail up. Then blasted his dragon types with Blizzard and, Charizard with Surf and Gyarados with Thunderbolt.

Last was Tyler. This battle was close. I do not remember the exact battle, I should have recorded it, but I do remember the end. It was his Charizard vs Pterastone. I had Saur on me who was at full health. Pterastone survived a Fire Blast at 5 hp but got burned. Ancient Power by Pterastone got Charizard to red health. Pterastone fainted.

I sent Saur. Charizard missed a Fire blast and I used Cut to defeat Tyler. And that's how I beat Fire red without catching Pokémon.

This challenge was very small because Fire red is a real easy game. But I will do another challenge in the future. Its coming soon.