1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Kecleon, Sep 4, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As much as I want to tag y'all to trigger notifications, Altale still has to wait for Umo's reply. Or... does Umo want Altale to sleep without getting any answers? *then proceeds to tag @Jeydis*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Got a couple of things to say here. First off, time for an activity check.

To @SAF, @Jeydis, @Flyg0n, @Barandofl and @Ignem, please reply here and say if you're still in this. I just want to be sure on that front.

Second, as you all may know from following the story, we're heading into a perfect time for a time-skip, which means I'm gonna add a little bit of exposition to the story. I plan on doing something like this at the end of every "day" to hopefully make the world a little more interesting.

Third, I want to talk about character submissions. Now, I just want to be clear that new players are still welcome that want to make their own Spliced Pokémon. However, since they weren't there at the very start, they would be introduced by being owned by Team Rocket and being sent out similarly to how Umo was introduced, and can potentially be brought to the team of misfits we have. Though, now that we have gotten this far, I'd like to ask my current players if adding the potential to RP as a human would make sense, mostly likely for a Trainer, a police officer, or even a member of Team Rocket, and if I should draft a profile base to make such a thing possible.

Also, while the current cast of fusions are fine, I'm pretty sure it's clear that there's more than just these guys. So, I'm wondering if it would make sense if I created another profile base for additional Spliced Pokémon to be added to Team Rocket. Now, these would not necessarily be under player control, acting as NPCs in the world. But I think it would be cool to allow everyone the opportunity to concoct additional ideas that can flesh out the world even more. I know that I personally have some awesome ideas that I'd love to share.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yep, I'm still in. Barely replied because I still had to wait for everyone else to reply.
    Time skip? Like, "Several months later..." or so?
    I think adding human players in here would be fun, though we might want to keep the language barrier between human and Pokémon in mind. Unless we somehow can pull another Altale off, that is.
    And that should've made more sense than adding human players, considering the story and all.

4. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Nah, I just mean through the night. You know, simply skipping the boring "sleeping" part of the adventure.

SAF likes this.
  5. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    Still here! Sorry, been distracted by RL stuff, but still keeping an eye on things.

Having additional splices as NPCs would be great. it'd be fun to invent a couple new ones, I have some ideas already.

Yes to the timeskips too. I didn't reply for a bit because I wasn't sure how too.

SAF likes this.
  6. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Still here, i was not getting any notifs from the rp at all.

Npcs will be fun. I am guessing there will be more spliced in the future?

7. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Still here, but can't really type since my character is sleeping. I have an idea for transitioning my character to take his turn in the night shift, but I have to wait for the others to go to sleep first before I wake him up (otherwise, it would just be weird).

As for extra NPCs, I don't think it's a bad idea. As long as you have all of this planned out, then I'm sure it'll turn out well.

8. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Still here! just running around a bit with other business. Timeskips are ok with me and so is the idea of making more splices, something sneakier for me next time heh.

9. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    @Kecleon now that everyone's *supposed* to be sleeping. Do you mind if I do a small time skip. If so, how do I go about including said time skip (Since different writers do it differently).

SAF likes this.
  10. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    @Kecleon, due to the lack of response to my las message, I'm assuming you just didn't receive the notification.

Just leaving this here for you to reply to my last message.

11. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Hmm, just wait a bit for me to do a bit of an intermission post. It's a bit of a biggie, so that's why it's taking a bit.

After that, Auron can relieve his nightwatch and allow Benison to do his thing.

Barandofl and SAF like this.
  12. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    (Just a quick kick on this to say that the interim post is coming, but it was much more ambitious than I previously intended, and so after multiple attempts to post it with my progress getting lost, I'm writing it down in a document, and I'll edit and post it when I'm done. Suffice to say, this is not dead yet, and I refuse to let it die.)

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Correctly, I would like to post, but I'm currently waiting for others to post first. Mostly because I have nothing much to add, because our characters are currently still walking. So if I were to post some thing, it would just be that. So in order to not draw out extensively long walking same, I shall wait until something happens.

SAF likes this.
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Heya, I've read through the above - I'm considering joining this RP, would that be okay? I read above for the method of new Splices joining being Rocket-owned, and I'm fine with that. It might take me a bit of time to come up with a character, though.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Dear host @Kecleon, what should we do?

16. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Oh yeah, that would be more than fine. Just take your time coming up with an awesome fusion, and I'll help bring your character into the story!

On that note, I should probably get to work on writing up that profile base for the NPC Spliced characters. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but I need to get it done.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Quick question - do all spliced Pokémon have to be fully-evolved, or non-level evolved? Also, do we have a level cap at the moment (for movesets)?

18. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    @ChocoChicken For the first question, the fact that my own Auron exists, who is a Golduck/Magmar hybrid, it's fine to use not fully evolved Pokémon. For the second question, I'll just restate what I said here.
    In essence, I'm fine with you reaching into the whole moveset for a Pokémon. Knock yourself out!

ChocoChicken likes this.
  19. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Alright. This really wasn't that hard at all, since it was basically a copy and paste of my original profile sheet with a few tweaks. With that being said, here's the official Spliced NPC profile sheet:

Name (optional): (It's not necessary to give your Pokémon an actual title, since Team Rocket will just call it by either its subject number or its base Pokémon type, but it never hurts.)
    Base Pokémon: (The base Pokémon, before it was spliced.)
    Spliced DNA: (The Pokémon DNA your character is spliced with.)
    Description: (Your character's appearance. Remember that 20% to 50% of its appearance has to resemble that of its spliced DNA.)
    Personality: (How does that Pokémon act. Smug? Angry? Timid? Take your pick.)
    Backstory (optional): (Again, since we won't be diving too deeply with most of these Pokémon they don't exactly need a big backstory. But again, if you wanna add one, that will only benefit me.)
    Battle Info: (The Pokémon's moves and abilities, as described previously.)

I will add this info to the OP as soon as I am able.

20. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    I really don't want to be triple posting on my own thread, but, oh well.

So, I finally PM'd Flyg0n (not pinging to not bug her any more) since she hadn't shown up in nearly two weeks now, and I was told that she will not continue to participate in the RP at this time. I'm glad I was able to confirm this, as I can now adjust the story to account for this, but it still is a shame to see this happen.