1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spherical Ice

PokéPoints:
    ₽63.3
    Pokémon Gaia Version - a hack of FireRed

Story
    The storied Orbtus region was once populated by a prosperous civilization. They created several monuments to their gods and guardians. Their untimely demise was brought about by a series of disastrous earthquakes; all that remains of their society are their temples, idols and story, as relics of the past.

In the present day, local archaeologist and Pokémon Professor, Professor Redwood, has noticed an increase in the region's seismic activity. Propelled by a growing concern for Orbtus' safety, he seeks the assistance of new Pokémon Trainers with a flair for adventure in the rural Celanto Town, a seaside town near the mysterious Totem Poles, and your home! Will you, along with the help of the Professor and your rival, be able to prevent the earth from consuming the region once more?

Features
    • The Physical / Special / Status split
    • Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos
    • New moves and updated move sets, accurate to OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, and with working effects and animations
    • Modern competitive items like the Choice Specs, Assault Vest, Ability Pill, and more
    • Modern abilities, ranging from Mega Launcher to Sheer Force
    • An in-battle Mega Evolution system, with Mega Stones hidden throughout the region
    • Fairy-type and the new type chart
    • Updated Pokémon sprites
    • Updated Trainer sprites and accurate over world sprites
    • Original songs, like Windmist City's theme and the battle music for the Elder Knights
    • Rock Climb and climbable walls
    • Dive and underwater maps, fully ported from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
    • Hidden Grottoes and Secret Temples, which reward exploration with rare items and Pokémon with unique move sets
    • The Bug-Catching Contest
    • The Battle Marsh, a Battle Maison-esque facility
    • Sideways stairs
    • Various quality of life changes:
    • The player faces Trainers before battles
    • Running Shoes can be used indoors
    • Pokémon, item, location, etc. names are in title case
    • A bonus Premier Ball is given for every purchase of ten or more Poké Balls
    • Repellents give reuse prompts upon expiration
    • Experience Points are gained upon Pokémon capture
    • Technical Machine items are reusable
    • Field moves have faster animations
    Screenshots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Videos
    Team
    Special thanks and credits
    Tools used
    Awards

Frequently Asked Questions
    • Does this have 721 Pokémon?
      Sort of. All Pokémon are in the game's code, but not all of them have fully working abilities, or sprites, or movesets, and as of the latest release they are not all capturable, either. That being said, nothing really rules out any Pokémon from appearing, and Pokémon from all six generations appear at some point.
    • Will you be re-adding the multiplayer / link battle capabilities?
      For now, no.
    • Can I reuse my save from previous versions of Gaia for v2.5?
      No. That being said, saves from v2.5 should be compatible with any future releases, but, of course, no promises, either.
    • How does this Pokémon evolve?
      It either evolves as it evolves in the official games, or its new evolution method is listed in the README.txt. If neither is true, please inform me! It's likely a bug.
    • How do I patch this?
      Use the included NUPS or tsukuyomi programs included in the download to apply the Pokémon Gaia v2.5.ups patch file to a clean FireRed ROM. I recommend the 1635 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM dump for the smoothest results.
    • I've found a bug! What do I do now?
      First, make sure it's not already listed in the README.txt file. If it isn't there, then please tell me by posting here. In general, information such as the map you were in, the Pokémon in your team, the move / ability you were using (if applicable) and the version of the hack (and the date it was updated) listed in your README.txt should be included in your post.
    • When will v3 come out?
      I wish I knew! Unfortunately real life commitments mean that sometimes I won't have all the time in the world to work on Gaia, so I really can't put a deadline on release dates.
    • Is there a list of which wild Pokémon / items can be found where?
      I'm afraid not, but I do plan to make one in the future.
    • Are the HMs for Dive / Strength / Waterfall available?
      No, v2.5 ends without any of these HMs being available. v3 of Gaia will essentially continue from where v2.5 ends by making Dive accessible, though, to allow for your journey to continue.
    • Where is the Move Relearner?
      The Move Relearner is not currently in v2.5. I plan to add it in Beta 3, however.
    • Which Mega Stones can I get?
      The following Mega Stones can be obtained in v2.5: Venusaurite, Charizite Y, Blastoisite, Pinsirite, Scizorite, Heracronite, Aggronite, Banettite, Absolite, Abomasite, Beedrillite, Pidgeotite, Slowbronite, Sharpedonite, Cameruptite, Altarianite and Lopunnite.
    Downloads
    • Gaia Beta v2.5
      Release date: 2nd November, 2015
      Notes: This beta ends in Precimos Island, with a total of six Gym battles. Please read the included README.txt file for important information. Saves from previous versions are NOT compatible with this version.
      Despite nominally still being Beta v2, this release introduces a whole host of new features, from Mega Evolution to The Bug-Catching Contest. A lot of content has also been added in between Gyms, as well as an additional sixth Gym. Lots of bugs from Beta v1 and v2 have been fixed, and in general the hack has a greater degree of polish.
    • Gaia Beta v2.0
      Release date: 11th May, 2015
      Notes: This beta ends in Telmurk City, with a total of five Gym battles. Please read the included README.txt file for important information. Saves from previous versions are NOT compatible with this version.
    • Gaia Beta v1.1
      Release date: 18th October, 2014
      Notes: This beta ends in Windmist City, after the second Gym battle. Please read the included text files for information on how to try and use older saves to play, as well as for important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.
    • Gaia Beta v1.0
      Release date: 27th September, 2014
      Notes: This beta ends at the three Strength boulders in Frostbite Cave. Please read the included README.txt file for information on important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.

#1 Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
    MasterBallz, Achromatic and Sethal like this.
  2. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    There is a huge issue. Since there is no multiplayer in your fangame, how can we get the trade evolution Pokémon? In one of the game I played(Called Pokémon reborn), they have link stones to be a substitute.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    There are alternative ways to evolve them, iirc. They evolve via level up, I believe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think I might have to give this a try. The pixel art for that Hawlucha and Mega Abomasnow looks really nice.

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    spherical !
    hecka yeah, awesome game is here now too

I've always seen this as an amazing game, if not by the quality of life changes alone. All things I'd have wanted in a Pokémon game (especially facing a trainer before battling; A+ idea). That Dedenne sprite by Geo solidified my decision a long time ago and will most certainly be on my team. <3

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I think I might have found a bug. Everything about this Pokémon seems finished, except that its Pokédex data is weird.

[​IMG] caught on Celanto Path

Aside from that, everything so far seems really nice. The dialogue all seems natural like something you would find in an official Pokémon game, and the sprites for all of the Pokémon that appear in later games are really well done. I'm not that far in yet, still training for the first gym.

One thing that did kind of take me by surprise though was that the Pokémon I found while fishing was level 20, and it nearly wiped out my team of ~level 10 Pokémon. All of the land Pokémon in the area were around level 5 max, so it's a little weird that the good rod can be found so early.

Edit: Just found a small typo. Sorry if I'm sounding overly critical so far, I'm just trying to be helpful. :sweat: Really enjoying the game so far though!

[​IMG]

Edit again: Okay so I found a bug that actually froze the game and made it impossible to progress without reloading an old save file. (I'm sorry I break everything.)

[​IMG]

Outside the second gym, immediately following the rival battle, I tried to fish in this spot. My character's sprite changed to the male character sprite and for a second looked like it was trying to run forward into the water before just changing to a standing position like in the screenshot. It froze at that point and I couldn't do anything to get out of it other than to reload from a save file. I tried it again and the second time around after defeating the rival, I went to the Pokémon center first, then returned to that spot, and the glitch didn't happen. Because of that, I'm that it's something linked to the rival battle.

#6 Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.