1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon GO - Mewtwo Appears, Return of the Birds and More!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Trainers, rejoice! The Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo has been announced to appear in Raids across the world in the coming weeks, and I'm here to teach you how to find one!

So, in order to fight Mewtwo, you'll need to participate in an "Exclusive Raid Battle". What's that, you ask? Well, an "Exclusive Raid Battle" works a bit differently than a regular Raid Battle, as the gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle is taking place only allows for Trainers who have defeated a Raid Boss in that Gym prior to Mewtwo appearing there. But don't fret - there will be alerts when Mewtwo is planned to appear at a Gym, so you can organise a group to go take down this power Psychic-type Pokémon!

In other Pokémon GO-related news, the Raid Bosses Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres have all had their encounter duration extended, with all 4 Legendary Pokémon appearing as Exclusive Raid Bosses in the same manner described above until August 31st. If you missed one, now's the time to go grab it!

Also, rare Pokémon have been appearing near major cities across Europe. These Pokémon are the elusive Unown and the Australia-exclusive Kangaskhan. If you live anywhere near the cities listed below, try finding them! They'll be around until August 21st

Vienna, Austria
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Helsinki, Finland
    Dijon, France
    Lille, France
    Lyon, France
    Marseille, France
    Nice, France
    Paris, France
    Rennes, France
    Berlin, Germany
    Bochum, Germany
    Gera, Germany
    Leipzig, Germany
    Mönchengladbach, Germany
    Munich, Germany
    Oberhausen, Germany
    Recklinghausen, Germany
    Milan, Italy
    Naples, Italy
    Rome, Italy
    Oslo, Norway
    Warsaw, Poland
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Badajoz, Spain
    Barcelona, Spain
    Cádiz, Spain
    Madrid, Spain
    Sevilla, Spain
    San Sebastián, Spain
    Valencia, Spain
    Valladolid, Spain
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Leidschendam, The Netherlands
    Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
    Belfast, United Kingdom
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Glasgow, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Manchester, United Kingdom

Finally, there have been reports that Shiny Pichu (from eggs), Shiny Pikachu (from eggs, evolution and wild encounters) and Shiny Raichu (from evolution and wild encounters) have been appearing in Japan lately. Although there is no word on their global release, it is unlikely that they will be Japan-exclusive.
    EDIT: It has been confirmed that the above Shiny Pokémon can now be caught outside of Japan, however they are still very rare Pokémon.

As always, this is Pixel, bringing you all the latest Pokémon news on behalf of Lake Valor!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    JadeFox likes this.
  2. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Very interesting stuff. I need to start going out more often and see all this!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    I am going to be honest, I went to the Chicago event for Pokémon Go hoping to see Mewtwo and we got Lugia. Do not get me started about the Chicago event, you probably read it in the papers and saw an article online... but in short... It was awful. I am happy that they released Mewtwo because it was about time, but I am not happy about how they are making the raids to obtain him. At least the people in Japan are happy with their Mewtwo though hahaha