1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon GO Summer Event & Celebrations

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    That's right, Pokémon GO is currently starting Summer off in style with a brand new event and further real life celebrations that will take place across the globe. Though the details remain slim, we also have gotten a brief hint as to what is to come next for trainers and new incentives for inactive players to get back out there and start playing the game again. The announcement starts off by letting us know that Pokémon GO has hit 750 million global downloads which is a MASSIVE number. That's a lot of caught Pidgey.

But then, we get into the exciting stuff. It was recently leaked that there would be a Fire and Ice type event this summer starting June 13 and it was true! You also get huge XP bonuses for good Poké Ball throws, so if you're eager to level up there would be no better time than this event to start your quest. The event is likely to get many folks out there enjoying the Summer sun as Charmander and Cyndaquil spawn all around! After this announcement, they mention that new updates are coming and that gyms will be temporarily closed soon in preparation for the new features.

Furthermore, we catch some wind of the real life events that will be happening.

It certainly sounds exciting but we'd love to hear more! You can read the full article here: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017

Stay tuned for fast news and updates here on Lake Valor.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    ALL THE HYPE!!! Dang! It's crazy that I've been playing for a year already and even crazier that they are finally doing something like this. I was honestly begining to think that this day would never come. ;.;

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I really do swing back and forth about Pokémon go, I love it at it's core, but I end up getting really put off by so many of their major decisions. I mean, its hard to feel interested when I basically powered through it all and the only new content are events and codes that aren't available in my country or on iphones. And I still think that it's mind blowing they have taken SO LONG and still there is no rock hard guarantee that we will see things that were in the original game trailer, i.e. the trading and legendary events.

I have to admit that the sheer amount of speculation being touted as news for this game is unlike any I've seen for any other game, and I am therefore still very sceptical as to whether this "grand" event coming up will actually have a major new mechanic in it at all, let alone legendaries. I mean, look at the switch Pokémon title hype let-down, it happens :P