1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: International Police Operations

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (@[member="⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆"] Waiting on you to proceed :))

2. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    (Sorry about that! School got in the way. Sorry!)

Elodie had decided to help Saturn with the security systems, checking each one carefully. Nothing seemed to be wrong, but she might be the one who's wrong at what she's seeing if she doesn't find out anything. Unfortunately, she really couldn't find anything wrong. She then proceeded to murmur and think badly about herself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    kira har found the tapes she wanted and checked them all. Lookig at every small detail. When obe of them something seemed odd.
    She kept looking . Backwards forwards. "Somethibg there"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    Saturn raised his eyebrows in curiosity. Did Kira notice something out of the ordinary? He reviewed each of the recordings once more, but was confused.
    "What is it? Did you see something?" he asked Kira. Turning to Elodie also, he said, "Did you notice anything?"

5. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    "I am not sure. But look" she pointed at the corner of the screen seeing a dark shadow or figure. "Do you have guards walkig there normally?" 5 seconds later the shadow was gone but had something dropped which wasnt there first.

(Just making something up ;) )

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (Totally fine. I can improvise whenever I have to! But maybe or maybe not this time! :sweat:)

"I'm fairly certain we've had guards posted in that area," Saturn said, "but I see what you mean, though. We picked up an electronic device in that area and recognised it wasn't one of our own, but soon enough, the electronic went dead and we decided to recycle it. But you know, the next thing we knew, one of our security cameras went into a freeze for eight seconds before it started working again. Now, I'm not certain if there's any correlation between that dead device and the security system, but it's possible."

Hypothetical Syllogism

Premise: If the suspicious electronic is responsible for affecting the security system, then the security system would have frozen.
    Premise: If the security system was frozen, then there could be unknown circumstances affecting the GEC afterward.

(10 XP reward for solving, plus up to 15 bonus XP)

7. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    (So are Elodie and Kira and the same room? Got a bit confused xD)

8. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    Kira crossed her arms. Deep in thought she sat down in a corner.

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (They are in the same room. :) They followed Saturn to get there!)

10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    'What can you tell me more about that day?" Kira wondered withouy looking at saturn

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    "Not much, I guess," Saturn replied. "None of the guards reported anything out of the ordinary, but what I can tell you is that the bombing happened a day later. Basically, it was a normal working day at the company, although Cyrus reckons there was something fishy going on near the research facility - that is, where the bombing occurred. Recorded footage showed us that some employees in that area had to call in sick for some unknown reason, and we just so happened to have extra employees to fill in their place. The thing is that the security footage showing the new employees... showed us the exact same employees, as if nothing had changed. Odd, don't you think, that they looked identical?"

"Also," Saturn added, "I suppose it might help to know that this happened after the external camera faced a suspicious freeze. If you want to look at that dead electronic I mentioned earlier, then all you have to do is ask me. I'll take you to see it."

(The logical inference situation is still in effect)

12. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    Kira nodded at the new information.

"Okag so I have a theory regarding the guards. The new onces might be planning something and that devive might cause some kind of hologram of the other guards or they used a previous part when the guards stood there and let them freeze on the scene within those few seconds they placed the bombs and hurried away and not to look suspiscious however they made the mistake that they forgoy all about the device." she sighed her head slowly started to hurt from all that thinking. It was way different than thinking of a strategy in a battle

13. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "That was actually a good theory Kira! Maybe they were working for the enemy after all... it is quite easy to not look suspicious, but it seemed like they made an error in their calculations" Elodie said, impressed by Kira's deductions.

Premise: If the suspicious electronic is responsible for affecting the security system, then the security system would have frozen.

"Hmm, Saturn said that the electronic was found somewhere near the security system. Afterwards, it broke. Saturn said they attempted to recycle it, but later on, the camera froze for, eight seconds, if I'm not mistaken? Anyway, since it seemed like the events both happened at the same time, the electronic must have caused the security system to freeze" Elodie added.

Premise: If the security system was frozen, then there could be unknown circumstances affecting the GEC afterward.

"Since Saturn said that the security system froze for approximately eight seconds, something must've happened. And what happened was the bombing" Elodie said.

Conclusion: Therefore, if the system froze after the electronic was recycled, the electronic must have something to do with the system freezing for eight seconds, and something must've happened in the GEC while the system was frozen.

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (Elodie and Kira gain 10 XP plus 5 XP apiece for effort! But I suppose I may have erred when I meant 'unknown circumstances', which don't necessarily mean bombing...)

"Guys, I think you might want to try again," Mars said to the agents through their communicators. "I don't think Saturn looks convinced. From the way I see it, you're probably jumping too quickly to conclusions. Besides, aren't we investigating how the bombs got there in the first place? Yeah, I'll say that that electronic knocking out the security system for a bit makes sense, but that doesn't mean a bombing occurred in that time. Where did the bombs come from?"

Indeed, Saturn didn't look convinced either.
    "But the bombing happened way after when this video was recorded," Saturn explained. "The thing is that we haven't seen too much out of the ordinary at the time of the eight second freeze. At least, not inside the building, anyway."

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (I guess I'll get the 'unknown circumstances' clarified. I might have made that too difficult)

@[member="⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆"] @[member="~Seeker Of Shadows~"]

"The way I see it," Mars continued, "I suspect that in that eight second freeze, an effect of the electronic device you mentioned, Kira, whoever was responsible may have tampered with the external camera Cyrus had mentioned. My theory is that by tampering with it during the freeze, the assailants had all the time in the world to get the bomb smuggled into the GEC building. Where it was smuggled is beyond me."

"Yes," Mars continued. "I agree that the bombing was an effect of the system freeze, but albeit indirectly. I guess the suspects could have detonated it at a time of their choosing."

16. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    "You mean from a distance?" Kira asked while thinking

(Sorry i completely forgot about it)

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (No worries. I have some blame to share too)

"I would think so! Or... maybe they could have set a timer on it and then it detonated, but I'm not so sure myself," Mars replied. "It's very well possible they could have detonated it from a distance too. I'm not so sure... But anyways..."

Saturn looked at Kira and Elodie. "Well, if that's all I can do to show you the situation... Oh wait."
    An employee appeared shortly after with what seemed to be a plastic bag with a broken device in it. It was the same device which was seen in the security footage. "I took the liberty of isolating this and conducted tests on it to see what we can make of the device, but for the most part it's dead. There's no identifying marks or even fingerprints on it, for all we know."
    "Oh," Saturn added, "and when you're ready, you can meet the boss upstairs. He'll take you to see the external camera."

18. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    Kira took a look at it. Lately the tech was advanced nor were they to stupid to leave any finger prints. One way device. Before reaching for it. She decided to go upstairs. She need it to see more of this mystery

19. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    (Been a while huh? :D)

Elodie decided to follow Kira upstairs. If they were unable to solve the security systems, maybe there's something that the external camera could tell.

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,346.1
    (I'm going to be away for several weeks next week, but I'll hope to stay connected)

"I hope you've found all you needed to know," Cyrus said to the two girls. After that, he directed them to the stairs below towards the waters, and as it happened a GEC employee was waiting for them with a motorboat. Cyrus looked at his surroundings carefully before guiding the girls to the boat where the GEC employee started the motor. Within minutes, the boat was on its way around the Galactic Energy Company's headquarters and to the back. The external camera was, in plain sight, well-hidden inside a rock. But as the boat got closer, Cyrus explained that because the camera was inside the rock, it shouldn't have been detected.

Yet the rock was apparently in pieces as if an explosive had torn it. The external camera was not damaged, but it seemed more than apparent that something must have happened.

"I have no doubt someone must have tampered with it," Cyrus said. "But the question remains is how. The camera isn't damaged, and yet our suspects managed to get past this camera undetected even though this camera was still working."

(I'll open the floor to you to decide what has happened. Note the camera has had no damage, the rock is in pieces, and... this played a part to the explosion; because this happened before the bombing)