1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: International Police Operations

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @[member="Pokémist"]

Mars was quite amused to hear Ashley calling her a 'sir'. In all fairness, however, Ashley hadn't met her. "That's 'ma'am' to you. I am a girl, after all," Mars quietly replied through her communicator. "Anyways, I'm glad you're still on board with us. The other two agents have been finishing up an investigation at Veilstone City, but I expect you're being flown here as we speak. Don't worry. We won't be here for too much longer - probably after tonight. In the meantime, when you arrive, I'll bring you up to speed."

It was at that moment that Ashley was being flown to Veilstone City in the shuttle provided by Atelier.

@[member="~Seeker Of Shadows~"] @[member="⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆"]

After all that had happened, with Kira and Elodie completing their shopping, they had arrived back at the Veilstone police station where Mars met them in the secure room. Long story short, they passed the suspicious device to Mars that was previously given by Cyrus. Mars thanked them and began analysing the device.

"So this was what was contributed to the bombing, eh?" Mars remarked. "Can you tell me what have you learned from your investigation? Or perhaps what this device contributed? I'll probably have to send it to Atelier so he can analyse it further, but he and I will need some details before we can form some conclusions. We'll get extracted tomorrow morning, and we will need to head to Kanto eventually. However... I'm told that Fiera agents have been sighted in Kanto, so we need to take the right precautions."

2. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    "We've learned about a few things that could contribute to the investigation, like the camera systems freezing for quite a while. I don't really know exactly how that freezing happened, but maybe that device is connected to it. Also, about the external camera and the possible route they used to smuggle the bombs in. I know that it wouldn't be the right time to be impressed... but if Fiera managed to smuggle the bombs on that canal, they must've been really good at what they were doing." Elodie narrated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @[member="⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆"] @[member="Pokémist"]

Mars grimaced at the mention of how the bomb was likely smuggled into the Galactic Energy Company's building. Then again, given her past experience with Fiera, she wasn't surprised. For what it was worth, Fiera were practically professional assassins who would likely have had no trouble getting a bomb through undetected. Unfortunately, there was no evidence that Fiera was at fault.

"Ashley," Mars said into her microphone just so that she was up to speed. "You'll want to listen to this, but you don't need to say anything. Just listen in and you'll be up to speed a little."

"So that external camera was tampered with, huh? We could even say that it was either destroyed or reprogrammed or something..." Mars said to Elodie. "Consider this, though. You concluded earlier that the device was possibly connected to the jamming of the GEC's security systems for eight seconds exactly - and yet in that time, it may be possible that that was enough time for our unknown enemies to basically destroy or replace the external camera, and that's how they got the bomb in."

"Yet it is very odd that this very device was dead at first glance before something happened," Mars added. "The analysts at the GEC couldn't detect anything, so we'll have to send this to Atelier so he can look at it. For the time being, though, the bomb has an electrical force connected to Silph Co. and the Kanto Power Plant, doesn't it? We'll need to investigate that plant. Moreover, keep your eyes and ears peeled for any possible clues to the stolen experimental generators. That is our priority at the request of Cyrus. Who knows whatever our thieves will do so them. They could sell them on the black market, or perhaps do something much worse..."

4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "I'm worried too on what they'd end up doing with the generators." Elodie said, nervously. "If Fiera went to all sorts of trouble just to steal them, I doubt they'd just sell it in the black market. I have a feeling that they'll use it for their own gain." She added as she folded her arms together. If it were to be used for evil, who knows what might happen to Sinnoh? No, the whole world?

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    (Welcome back, everyone)

@⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆ @Shady Pirate

"I wouldn't be surprised if Fiera would have bigger plans, as they're smarter than that," Mars added. "The black market is too easy... Nah, I think I'll dispatch you to investigate the Kanto Power Plant and maybe whatever traces or ties Fiera might have with Silph Co. We do have a lead, after all, and I bet Atelier will still want this thing investigated." She held up the suspicious, but broken, device retrieved from the GEC headquarters. "For now, you two can head home for a bit and rest up - and I'll join you for dinner, by the way. I hear the department store has plenty of leftover meals for sale, that they mark down prices at a certain hour, so now would be the best time to grab some, I guess."

@Pokémist

The shuttle Ashley was riding in continued flying through the night sky from Sunyshore City to Veilstone City. It was unfortunate that the pilots were encountering turbulence, so that made the journey quite unpleasant.

@PikaandChu

Atelier had kept it a secret from Mars, but the Headquarters Office of the International Police had sent out an extra request to another potential agent just in case if the agents needed backup. With what he had been told about a possible, but unproven, Fiera involvement, reinforcements would be necessary. It was for this reason that this 16-year old boy was standing inside the IP office in Sunyshore City right now.

"Keith," he said in a slightly condescending manner, even though friendly, "or rather, Aaron, as you're probably named. It's a pleasure to meet you."

6. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    (I like the new design of LV haha xD)

"The pleasure is all mine." Aaron said as he bowed his head a bit. "Also, just to avoid confusion, you can just call me Aaron instead of Keith."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Kira had mostly listen to them..not a lot she could add.
    "Right. Lets go elodie" she sighed

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @PikaandChu

Atelier felt like he was going through a period of déja vu. Hadn't he been in the exact same situation of explaining the case to Ashley not too long ago? Even so, he kept his patience, and it seemed Aaron was the type.

"Right, Aaron," he said. "My name is Atelier. I'm a technology and weapons developer for the International Police, but I also assist with research in police operations. Before I brief you, you'll want to have this..." - he handed Aaron an ID card sealed in a paper envelope - "...and one of these. Take your pick."

He opened his briefcase to show Aaron three weapons from which he could choose from. "In light of the bombing at Veilstone City which I'm sure you may be aware of, Mars has been heading a task team to investigate what was going on. Now, I don't have the details yet, but I know that they're almost done. You're probably going to be dispatched back to the Kanto region because that's where we have a lead. So here's the position: we're dealing with a possible involvement with one of the most dangerous criminal organisations in the world - and Mars, your commanding officer, has told me there is a lead they picked up at Veilstone City which may reveal more clues. You may have to ask Mars yourself and your fellow team members for extra details."

Pick one weapon:
    Taser
    Laser Projectile
    Ballistic Shield

(Aaron receives an International Police identity card)

9. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    "Yeah, I think it's been reported everywhere in the world. I've got the basic idea of what happened, but I'm just hoping that there isn't too many stuff for me to ask my teammates about." Aaron said, scratching the back of his head.

Aaron heard that he might be dispatched back to Kanto, along with the others. "That's cool, it's like I'm going back home after hours of travelling, haha!" He was then presented with three weapons.

"Hmm..." Aaron mumbled while looking at the weapons in the case. "All of these... look quite promising. But I've already made up my mind." Aaron quickly took the Laser Projectile from the case.

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    "That's a really popular choice, I admit," Atelier said as he handed Aaron the weapon. "In case if you're wondering, this fires a shot of laser plasma that pretty much explodes upon contact. You know, two of your fellow agents went for this weapon too, albeit I have no idea why that's the case. Mars prefers using a taser, as did the third agent. Oh, and you'll be needing communications too..."

He handed Aaron an earpiece to wear. "Okay, if nothing else... things won't be happening until tomorrow. You've traveled a long way, eh? If you want, you can rest here at one of the barracks. You probably won't be heading out until the next morning."

@⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆ @Shady Pirate @Pokémist

Mars had received notification that the ship carrying Ashley was due to arrive very soon. Even so, the hour was late, so she had to wrap up her work before joining Elodie and Kira at the department store to buy some marked down food. Given the lower level of security, the journey from the store to Kira's home was a simple one as the three girls brought bags of leftovers there for dinner. Atelier had notified her, at his discretion, of a newly added agent named Aaron who was expected to rendezvous with the entire team at Kanto. That was one thing that had to be considered.

11. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "Hmm, we should be able to do something to make these leftovers seem more special. But I don't know if I'm up for that, I'm already starving!" Elodie remarked, holding her stomach.

12. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    "I see, that makes me less special... just kidding!" Aaron said as he burst into an awkward laugh, at least for him. Atelier was quite the serious man, although first impressions may be wrong.

"I'd actually prefer to take a little tour around the office myself before heading to the barracks. I'm sure I wouldn't get lost... Hopefully. " Aaron said as his voice trailed off.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Mars laughed. "Ha, well, what do you have in mind? I've already got a leftover nori bento for myself. All I can think of is adding... oh I don't know. More wasabi, maybe?"

Atelier scoffed at Aaron's remark. "At least you'll be trying out a pretty cool weapon that was recently developed by me, and I'm always happy to have agents try out my new stuff. You know, I was hired by the IP for one good reason - that our previous developer, agent Looker, created the most ridiculous gadgets possible. First he makes a gadget called the "Excellent Scope Version 2", which looked nothing more than a piece of oversized binoculars, and the next he'll make the "Unbelievable Metamorphosis Set" which was just a pair of glasses! Thank goodness I was hired in time before he started using it again. But now that Looker has gone MIA... Never mind, that's another story. That reminds me, I have to give you your gadgets at the office."

"Anyways, if you want to tour the office, there are some places you can check out," Atelier explained. In the next few minutes, Atelier guided Aaron to a secret elevator located behind the lighthouse where they eventually ended up in the underground bunker which was the International Police office. Upon stepping out, Atelier and Aaron were greeted by the sight of IP officers working at their desks and computers. On the second floor was the meeting room where Mars had met with Elodie and Kira. As for the ground floor, there was the barracks, the IP workers, a little mess hall for food, and lastly Atelier's workshop.

"If you want to give your weapon a shot, come to my workshop," Atelier said to Aaron. "Oh, and I've got your other equipment there too, so just knock on my door whenever you're ready." With that said, Atelier left Aaron on his own.

14. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    "The names sound quite unnecessary, but it's quite funny to hear those!" Aaron said as he laughed at Atelier's stories.

After Atelier had left him on his merry way, he began to snoop around the office. Of course, being quite hungry, he couldn't resist but go to the mess hall to get some food. He didn't order something very heavy though; it was just a light snack.

Leaving the hall, he tried to look for Atelier's workshop, where he almost got lost. But, thanks to the obvious decor outside the room, he quickly knew it was Atelier's workshop. He knocked on the door lightly.

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @PikaandChu

The mess hall had several tables and two cooks who were always preparing simple meals for anyone positioned in the office. If anyone wanted something more 'filling', they could always eat something outside at Sunyshore City. However, what they were usually served at the mess hall was enough.

Atelier had been working at his desk looking at a report written by Mars. In this report, Mars detailed the circumstances of a device they found at Veilstone City. But before he could keep reading, he had to attend to the door, and found Aaron waiting on the other side.

"That was really quick!" he remarked. "Well, I guess I'll get you your other equipment. In the meantime, you can give your weapon a shot at the training room if you'd like."

16. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Kira sighed. "Okay one second" she walked to the kitchen and grabbed the last few bites from the fridge and the small stuff rhey bought. Slowly she melted and cut things together to make a salad. "Elodie can you feed the Pokémon? I will be done when you are back" turning back to what she was doing.

17. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    "I'd love to test my weapon!" Aaron quickly ran to the training room, finding a few dummies. "So, uh, I'm going to assume that they're not going to be destroyed if I shoot them, so..." Aaron pointed the laser projectile at one of the dummies, before releasing a laser that hit the dummies.

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    @PikaandChu

The laser fired from Aaron's weapon hit the dummy's 'chest' in the form of a beam of plasma. It looked harmless for a fraction of a second, but in the next second, it exploded which sent the dummy rocking back. As the walls of the training room were made of glass, but soundproof, Atelier watched Aaron get to grips with the weapon and smiled at how well the weapon was working. Meanwhile, he put Mars' report aside and brought out another Heartbeat Detector - the same kind with which he had given to Elodie - as well as a device used to create a temporary wall. Lastly, he took out a slightly modified cardboard box and a fake, hollow, 'rock'. Aaron would need these later.

@~Seeker of Shadows~

Mars had gotten her leftover nori bento heated up as she watched Kira prepare a salad. In her bones, Mars was exhausted and just wanted some rest. It was a good thing that Kira's home was a little out of the way that it wasn't noticeable to the public much. At least, with some tactical officers still on patrol, Mars could count on any hostiles to not figure out where she was. Meanwhile, Purugly was making herself comfortable outside.

19. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    "Oh sure, I'll go get food for them." Elodie said. She brought out a few berries from the fridge, amusing the Pokémon. "These berries seem good enough, but there must be a way to make these... more... tasty."

Grabbing a whisk and some eggs, Elodie decided to turn the berries into Poke Puffs. Not the best thing ever, but hey, that'd please the Pokémon more. Whatever they need to make them happy!

Carrying the platter, she began to get some attention from the Pokémon. "Here you go everyone, a platter of Poke Puffs!"

20. PikaandChu

PokéPoints:
    ₽166.5
    "Goodness, that scared me." Aaron said as he heard a small explosion. "But thaaaaat's probably not going to happen when used on... whoever I'm supposed to be hitting with this." Aaron added.

Aaron began to hit the dummies a few more times, sometimes getting surprised from the small explosions they create, but nonetheless, Aaron seems to be having fun, even though that's not the right feeling he should be having.