1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon: Jewels of the Aether (IC thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jan 8, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Let's get the adventure going!

As the sun shines down on the pathway leading to the city of Vertania, you hope it will be an uneventful journey. But as you round the corner, you hear male laughter, and female voice pleading for mercy.

"Please! I have to get to Argenta, and quickly! Let me pass!"

"We'll letcha pass girlie, in exchange for ya gold."

"No! I need this money for my journey!"

"No gold--no passage. Got it?"

Getting closer, you notice a blonde haired girl trying her best to fight off a bandit gang, but the staff she carries isn't doing very much damage. You feel called to help the young white mage--so how do you rescue her?

Do you take on the bandits in battle? Negotiate her safe passage? Bribe them? Or distract them while you take the white mage to safety?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Kirito had looked aroundthe market place hearing the sudden plead. He listen how a girl was pleading. At first he didnt really care but his curiousity grew to big. And slowly went closer by. Hearinh about gold. He stepped towards the gang. "Are you all really so sad to gang up to such a fine lady" sayinh the last part after taking a look at the woman face. Looking back up he smirked and grabbed his wand. "Better take someone from your own size" murmering a fire spell that closely hit one of the bandits. As Kirito took a space closer to the woman and grabbed her tigh. "No need to worry ma"m im here." He grined

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    [Kirito used Fire--Success!]

The bandits screamed when they saw the small fireball, and dashed off into the bushes to avoid being burned.

"No need to worry, good lady...I'm here."

The girl shyly looked up at the mage. "Th-thank you, good sir...my name is Lillie."

After brushing herself off, she went on "Do you happen to know the way to Argenta? I would feel safer traveling there with an ally,

A tiny Pew..." came from Lillie's bag. "It's okay, Nebby...a mage saved us from being robbed blind." Lillie assured the tiny starry puffball inside.

4. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kirito thought for a second.''I believe so.' He replied.
    He gave a small chuckle. ''Of course I walk with you, a beautiful girl like yourself needs a knight, or in my case a mage to protect you from any harm.' Kirito still had that grin on his face. He held out his hand to wait for her to take it.

5. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    @[member="Shady Pirate"]

Lillie tensely took the mage's hand. "Thank you for your help, sir mage. Although...I don't believe I know your name."

She consulted her map of Kanduin. "Hm...if we continue north, we'll reach the city of Vertania. From there, we'll pass into Verde Forest, and Argenta lies beyond that. So we don't have much farther to go.

(Kanduin--the name of the Kanto counterpart)

#5 Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    'My lovely lady, my name is Kirito.' he answered, he felt a quit liking towards the younger woman.
    He took a glance at the map. 'I see, than we should move on.' Kirito said. as still wait it for her hand

7. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    (Let me notify everyone else that the RP is underway before we go any farther)

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Seline approached, having heard the commotion from a short distance. "..A..um...is everything ok..?" She stared, hiding behind some brush.

9. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    (Quick question, is everyone already traveling together or do they not know each other yet?)

10. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    (You need to get to know each other, especially Lillie)

11. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    (Okay. Thanks.)

Soren walked around the corner. One for the bandits had ran right passed him, and was curious as to why.

"I take it you're the ones who scared the crap out of those bandits?" he said to Lilly and Kirito. "Nice job."

12. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    "More heroes?" Lillie gasped. "Well...the more the merrier, I guess."

Pew! Nebby called from the bag.

She bowed to Soren. "I am Lillie the White--a pleasure to meet you."

13. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    Kirito only smirked. "Of course they were no match for me"
    Lookinh at the other 2 new faces. Taking out his hand showing his gold bracelets . "My name is Kirito. "

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    There is a major trading post in Vertania which is owned and operated by the world-renowned Sapphire Bay Company, and strategically located near the ocean waters of the city. Ships would arrive at the post with imported goods from regions elsewhere and ships would depart with local goods to be sold. As one of the most dominant trading companies, their pricing was both fair and strongly competitive, so there were always consumers who will willing to trade goods or simply buy them from SBC trading posts or from the fortified SBC trading factories - although the occurrence of the latter was more seldom.

Maria Lougheed finally disembarked from the SBC ship she had been riding on. The crew looked pretty grim throughout the whole trip, but she couldn't blame them, since the Company headquarters - along with the entire city of Lalusi - was laid under siege by who-knows-what. The only plus side for the Company was that despite the headquarters being under attack, that was not going to stop the SBC's market operations elsewhere in the world.

Still, she managed to keep morale on the ship pretty high by playing games with the crew. For three days straight, she got the crew to play storytelling with her, and every half hour someone had to contribute something. Maria would get enough laughs throughout the trip, and her smile was enough to make everyone happy.

But now, as she got off the ship, it was time to look for this girl called "Lillie". Although Maria wanted to write a letter home to assure her parents she was fine, she decided to find Lillie instead. So once Maria left the doors of the trading post, she put her hood over her head to conceal her identity. However, the fact that she was a cloaked figure and relatively small made her out to be... quite humourous by appearance. The fact that Maria was little also meant that she might have a little trouble finding her way around...

15. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    (Sometimes Serena will venture to Vertania to perform--just follow your ears to find her)

In the crowded marketplace, the notes of a mandolin drifted over the dull roar of people talking, Pokémon cries, the calls of merchants, and the jingle of coins changing hands. The performer, a blonde haired girl in a majestic green, yellow, red, and purple costume, just smiled as some children eagerly dropped a few coins into her instrument's case as thanks for the tunes she played.

Some mild applause went up when the minstrel finished her set, prompting her Pokémon companion, a pale yellow fox creature with flared orange ears and black legs, to dash into the crowd to collect any tips the newcomers wished to leave. So far, the minstrel and her companion had made 200 pieces of gold for their performance, and with the crowds coming and going, it wasn't likely she would have to end the show anytime soon.

After checking her instrument's tuning, the minstrel began another pair of reels common to the area--"The Long Way" and the Kanduin Reel.

(click the links to hear what Serena's playing)

16. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    "A pleasure to meet you too, good lady." Soren said, bowing slightly. "I am Soren."

17. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    "O..Oh ..I'm Seline, and this is Azelia." The cleric walked out, lightly pointing out the small bug, cutiefly, resting on her staff. It hummed a quiet hello, shy like her partner. "..I was going to come out sooner however she had to run off." Azelia looked down, attempting to apologize the best she could. "..I..I heard you were going out..? I..er...may I come along...? I could be of some help..?" The brunet stared, already expecting a harsh refusal.

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    Outside the trading post, Maria could hear the bustling atmosphere of a crowded marketplace. Supposing there would be plenty of strangers here, Maria kept her hood on and secured her leather satchel. The atmosphere reminded her of the marketplace back in Lalusi, where Sapphire Bay Company traders would be arguing with local merchant guilds and eventually negotiating for trades and the like, Maria suddenly felt an edge of homesickness already. Keeping her head down, she started to feel tears well up in her eyes already. The music from a mandolin could be heard from a performer, though given Maria's height she couldn't see who was playing. That wasn't important, as she had to focus on finding a certain Lillie.

It was difficult, however, since there were a lot of people here. Maria even considered taking out her Heart Charm to have Evergreen help out, but Maria doubted that would be useful. Between her height, sense of direction, tears in her eyes, and homesickness in her mind, it was quite hard for Maria to move around.

(Here's the problem. Maria doesn't know where to find Lillie, and neither does she know what she looks like!)

19. WavePearl

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    (Lillie and the others are actually close to the outskirts of town, actually)

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,332.2
    (In that case, then Maria is definitely lost)

Given Maria Lougheed hadn't the slightest clue of finding this Lillie, and guessing there probably wouldn't be a lot of people who would know her, she decided to stick around the marketplace more. In the end, Maria ended up back to where the music was coming from. A girl in an extravagant costume was busily collecting tips from onlookers who enjoyed her performances. Maybe if Maria waited long enough for the crowd to disperse, she would be able to find this Lillie character. Darn it! How could progress be this slow already? Frustrated, homesick, and a little lost, Maria approached the performer for a front row seat. She kept her hood on as she sat on the ground to listen in, whilst keeping her satchel secure.