1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Maria looked at Taranza's direction. "He looks much like an Umbreon, but I've never seen an Umbreon ever standing on its legs, let along waving around weapons and all that. I suppose he's a Pokémon? All in all, it looks like Blaze and I hail from the same world. I'm from Hoenn too! I would like to know what world the Umbreon comes from though."

2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    From what she'd heard, Flamberge summarized that nearly everyone here except for Kirby and a few others were from that "Pocket Monster" world Evergreen had mentioned long ago... except they were all from different versions of the world? The thought made her head spin, metaphorically. Just hearing about theoretical other dimensions from Hyness sounded strange to her - it was never as defined and clear as how to swing a sword or where not to use her fire magic. For now she sat and listened, keeping an eye on the horizon for any further ambushes in the night.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

Unova, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh... Sounds like these guys came from different parts of the same world, much like Floralia and Pupupuland being parts of Planet Popstar. "I see..." that's all Taranza could say about it. "How about those two who just out -- Airin and Brenna? They look like humans yet they fight like Pokémon..." he wondered.

"Airin and I are gijinkas. Basically what you get when you fuse human and Pokémon into one," Brenna's voice caught Taranza off guard. She did answer his unspoken question, so they're both even. "And good news, we got a doctor. Evergreen, Snowy, Amanita, come with us." Snowy perked up at the news Brenna had just relayed. And luckily, her curry noodle was finished already, hence her having no qualm of leaving it behind.

Noticing that Brenna (probably) forgot a certain puffball guy, Airin hastily wrote, "Where's Kirby?" on her notebook and passed it around -- starting from Taranza who added its Japanese translation ("Kābī wa doko da?") on the note. And shortly afterwards, Brenna asked the same thing.

(By the way, everyone other than Kirby, Evergreen, Snowy, Amanita, Blacky, and Whispy are free to choose between staying at the campsite or coming with the gijinkas to Dr. Yabui's clinic. Blacky is asleep and Whispy can't even move unlike Trevenant, so they'll be staying behind.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #543 May 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  4. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Kirby tries to get up and walk to Dr. Yabui, but the puffball only manages to get to the group before the poison knocks him back down. He's still that teal hue, and it won't go away until he's cured of the poison. "Shiron..." [Snowball...] he weakly calls out, coughing from the poison's strength. It seems that he's wanting Snowy's help.

#544 May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Huh?"

Noticing that Kirby called her by her real name again, Snowy sighed as she tried to reach him. Keyword: "tried", because both of them were poisoned even though the curry from before did help a little. In Snowy's case though, it was shown by a pink tinge on her face instead of a teal hue covering her whole body.

Once the two were close enough, Snowy lowered her body with one of her tails patting her back as if prompting Kirby to climb on it. All while still wondering how he even knew her real name. I mean, as much as she wanted to ask Meta Knight about the naming differences, it had to wait until Evergreen gets better. Would be awkward should either Brenna or Taranza ask him on her behalf, after all.

#545 May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
  6. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Kirby climbs on Snowy's back. It seems he's also got that pink tinge to his face in addition to the teal hue - poisoned, not back to normal.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    “You go on ahead, Evergreen. I’ll watch the camp from here,” Maria said to the Gardevoir. At this rate, Evergreen wouldn’t get a lot of sleep tonight. Hopefully the visit wouldn’t take long.

Evergreen finished her curry noodle and got up to join Snowy and Kirby. Hopefully nothing bad would happen along the way.

Going back to the initial conversation, Maria remarked, “Personally, I think gijinkas have really good costumes! I bet they would be stars at my park. Perfect eye-catchers!”

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken

Airin giggled and Brenna blushed upon hearing Maria's remark. "Aw, kid..." the latter playfully whined. That said, one look at the gijinkas and Taranza could see Maria's point.

As soon as the Primarina lady got over her embarrassment, she went business mode again. Looks like Evergreen, Kirby, and Snowy were ready to go. "Amanita?" she called out to the Amoonguss. "Your Toxic did this, right? I bet it'd be nice if you can help the doc out." As much as Brenna hated to remind Amanita of what she had done under Nightmare's trance, it had to be done.

#548 May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  9. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Amanita takes some deep breaths, upset with herself for doing that. She hops towards Brenna, ready to go and help. "Do any of you have anything that helps heal poison, like a Pecha Berry?" she asks, already hopping towards Dr. Yabui’s clinic.

#549 May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
  10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "We don't, sadly. But that's why we're seeing a doctor," Brenna explained to Amanita as she let Evergreen lean on her shoulder. "If he knows the poison from our worlds, I'm sure he can find the cure." That said, the group made their way to the clinic with Airin watching Snowy's back just in case.

(Oh, if only either Adeleine or Nagisa were here...)

#550 May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Maria smiled. She wasn't kidding that the dress-up was top. Any cosplayer would be jealous (including one of her young colleagues who would dress up as a Pachirisu. That was another story though - there would more time to talk about it later. Perhaps Maria could get some tips).

Evergreen gratefully accepted Brenna’s shoulder and followed the group out to see the doctor. The sooner she could get cured, the better.

(If only Nagisa was here indeed. Also, I, like Evergreen, am not feeling well. I caught a cold)

12. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    (Why don't you try and get some rest, then? Maybe see if that helps.)

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Welp, big oof. Just give yourself a break, okay?)

@Azelflover1

One quick (and rather hasty) trip later, the group of three Pokémon, two gijinkas, and one Kirby arrived at the clinic. In the gijinkas' case, they're back already. "Shitsureishimasu~" [Sorry for intruding~] Brenna called out as she knocked on the door. "Sensei, Jiriana de-- su..." [Doc, it's me, Siria-- na...] her voice trailed off... and then she facepalmed. <Insert a choice word here> ! I forgot to tell him my name... And yes, Brenna referred to herself by her surname here.

14. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Dr. Yabui hears Brenna knocking on the door, coming over to check on everyone. "Watashi wa koko ni imasu. Sate, nani ga mondaina no ka, okusama?" [I'm here. Now, what seems to be the trouble, ma'am?] he asks the gijinka. "These guys are all poisoned because of me. Can you help cure them?" Amanita asks, not yet realizing that Brenna can translate.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As soon as Airin picked Kirby up from Snowy's back, the latter leaned to Amanita and whispered, "Don't worry about translating. Brenna got this," followed by Airin's nod in agreement. And yes, it was proven right away.

"Goran no yō ni, korera mittsu wa dokusatsu sareteimasu. Korera o naosu no o tasukete kureru?" [As you can see, these three are poisoned. Can you help cure them?] Brenna translated Amanita's request to Dr. Yabui. This probably was not the right time to tell him the "Amanita did this" part, hence her leaving it out until specifically asked. Brenna then turned to the others for a short time, just enough to cook up a suggestion. "Etto, tabun Kābī to issho ni hajimeru?" [Um, maybe start with Kirby?]

16. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Dr. Yabui takes Kirby from Airin, bringing him inside so he can try to find a cure for the poison. He looks around for something that can cure poison, like herbs.

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (So I slept a couple hours earlier than usual. Feeling better now! But I need more)

Evergreen looked at Dr. Yabui weakly. So long as she was well enough to use her translator field, that was a start. She removed herself from Brenna's shoulder and took a seat. Back at the park, she and Maria would always head to the shop or medical centre whenever they needed it, and now that they were here, it may be a good idea to stock up on essentials after this. Even though Maria had bought some goods earlier from Tuggle-san's market, perhaps another visit was warranted.

ChocoChicken and SAF like this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @122 Generation

As with Evergreen, Snowy and Airin took a seat. As much as she wanted to complain about why Kirby had to go first, she understood that the doctor might be more confident with treating someone familiar to him first -- which was exactly the reason behind Brenna's earlier suggestion, by the way.

Brenna, meanwhile, fidgeted anxiously while waiting for Dr. Yabui to treat Kirby's illness. As much as she wanted to ask the doctor if he needed help, she wasn't that sure on how to say it without being rude or anything.

19. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Dr. Yabui is still trying to find a cure for the poison, but so far, all his attempts have ended in failure. "Okusama, kore de tasukete moraemasu ka? Darekaga dokusatsu sa reta no o mita koto ga arimasen," [Ma'am, may I please have some help with this? Not even I have seen someone poisoned before,] he says, referring to Brenna with the 'ma'am' part.

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @122 Generation

"Etto..." [Lessee...] Brenna thought for a moment. Sure, this kind of poison was so common in Pokémon world that there was a particular antidote to it. But to Dr. Yabui, who hadn't ever seen a Pokémon before, it was his first time seeing this kind of poison...

Wait a minute. Did he just say it's his first time seeing someone poisoned?

Before Brenna could think even further, she felt Airin poking her out of the blue. "Something's wrong, sis?" the Decidueye girl asked via sign which was responded in spoken English for everyone's sake, "Looks like it's the doc's first time seeing someone poisoned."

"Why don't we give him a poison sample?" Snowy blurted out. It might take awhile, yes, but they hadn't found anything with Pecha berry's effect yet in this world. Plus, the doctor might be able to concoct an antidote out of the poison sample, right?

That said, Brenna turned back to the doctor and relayed Snowy's suggestion to him. "Anō, doku no sanpuru ga yakudatsu to omoimasu ka?" [Uh, do you think a poison sample can help?]

#560 May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022