1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The gijinka paused as if trying to make sense of ディアンシー's request to not get her voice box wet, then nodded. "Wakatta," [Got it,] she said. Note to self, no water moves as long as the doll's here.

By the time the duo arrived at the throne room, they could see Dedede messing with what looked like a mini-speaker (?). That must be the voice box ディアンシー was talking about. Brenna quietly crept closer to this sorry excuse of a "king", then leaned to him and asked, "Tanoshikatta?" [Having fun?] with a smirk on her face.

(Reminder to @Azelflover1: Now that Flamberge and Blacky are out, the remaining duelers are the ones you're controlling (Kirby, Meta Knight, and Viridi). How would you conclude this?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    (Oh, right)

Meta Knight attempts a Sword Beam, as does Kirby. Viridi tries X-Scissor on the two, though they seem to be having a bit of trouble.

"Areda!" [That's it!] ディアンシー says. She gets out of Brenna's grip, heading towards Dedede. "Oi! Watakushi no boisu bokkusu o tebanashite kudasai! Daiya Sutōmu o tsukau no ni hitsuyōnanoni, sono ugoki o watakushi ni butsuke sasete iru dakena no ka?!" [Hey! Let go of my voice box! I need it to use Dia Storm, and you're just making that move hit me?!] She's upset. "Īe. Kore ga anata o osotte iru to iunara, washi mo sore o Kābī ni osowa seru koto ga dekiru kamo shiremasen, zoi," [No. If you say that this thing is hitting you, then maybe I can make it hit Kirby, too,] Dedede says, an evil grin on his face. He's clearly planning something.

#742 Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @122 Generation @ChocoChicken
    (Spoiler: Airin, Kotone, and Belle will arrive at the Kabu Valley a little later after Sword Knight's and Blade Knight's arrival.)

To say that Brenna was pretty miffed with this penguin's pettiness was quite an understatement -- it practically made her blood boil. Well... I'm going to hell for this, she thought. With all the pent-up mix of rage and frustration inside her, Brenna let out a Hyper Voice straight into Dedede's ear with all her might. Pretty rude thing to do on a king, but hey, this one totally deserved it.

ChocoChicken likes this.
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (Haha, don't worry! I think Blacky might know her full story at this point, maybe...? It depends)
    Flamberge flopped back a little after the fight, wiping away a little sweat. "Haha! Thanks for the good fight, Blacky! We should definitely do that again sometime, maybe exchange some notes - hey, actually, where'd you learn that ground attack?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Haha more Kotone roast even OOC ^_^ Also, yes, Berge and Xuehua are quite similar)

4th round Meta Knight uses Sword Beam on Kirby... Hit!
    Kirby takes 8 damage!
    Kirby uses Sword Beam on Meta Knight... Hit!
    Meta Knight takes 10 damage!
    Viridi uses X-Scissor on Kirby... Miss!

Kirby (47/80)
    Meta Knight (43/80)
    Viridi (56/80)

Kirby
    HP: 80
    Atk: 8+2
    Def: 20%

Meta Knight, Flamberge, Blacky, ViridiHP: 80
    Atk: 8

Maria and Evergreen By then, Maria had finished making an apple curry with bread and some precooked burger. It looked appetizing, and just spicy enough that it tasted nice (although by Maria's standards of spiciness, it was spicy enough. Then Maria scooped bowls of curry for Evergreen to pass around with bread to complement it.

Evergreen said, "I'm sure this will get you back to strength in no time!" as she passed the curry around. Looking at Blacky, she wondered what was on his mind. There was something in his eyes, as if he were remembering something from before.

Kotone and Belle Kotone was completely dazed and she was more freaked out that she was airborne somehow, unlike the gijinka who seemed to be enjoying the bird's-eye view of the village.

On the other hand, the little flower Pokémon (that is, Belle) was enjoying the view. Unlike the panicked Kotone, Belle found the sight breathtaking and wished she could stay here for a little longer. But it looked like they were headed towards a certain valley.

#745 Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    SAF likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Depending on Xuehua herself, that is. ;)

I mean, I just can't help it. That was the best descriptor of Kotone that I could think of. :sweat:)

Kabu Valley
    Having snapped back to reality, Blacky smiled at Flamberge. "Yeah. That was fun," he admitted. I mean, he could barely recall the last time he had a free duel like this.

Before Blacky could answer the Earth Power-related question, Evergreen came with two bowls of curry. He passed the first bowl to Flamberge, then took the second one for himself and thanked the Gardevoir while at it. "About that ground attack... Earth Power, right?" he double-checked, then finally answered for real, "Can't remember when exactly, but I think it was when an archmage taught me how to enchant a sword with earth..." Well, it actually happened about several days before fighting the Fire Dragon King, but he kept that part to himself because what happened in Ardamore should stay in Ardamore. And this is not Ardamore, so what's the point of fully spilling the beans anyway?

Pupupuland sky
    Judging from the current situation, the Bellossom looked like she was enjoying herself. But on the other hand, the human looked like her brain was getting short-circuited. And now that they're right above Kabu Valley (specifically near where the swordspeople's free practice was taking place), Airin wondered if she should descend now or wait until those two guys would arrive there...

(I know I said that, but lemme ask @Azelflover1 just to be sure: is this a good time for Sword and Blade to arrive at the valley?)

Dedede's castle
    Brenna might not know this, but her rage-fueled Hyper Voice clearly wasn't enough to rival Mike Kirby because she took extra care to not destroy the whole castle while it's (hopefully) scaring the living daylights out of Dedede. But still, it would've been a miracle if he hadn't gone deaf without any efforts to protect his ears, right?

#746 Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  7. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    (Yes, it is)

Dedede recoils from the loud Hyper Voice, having not protected his ears. He seems to have gone deaf, covering his ears. ディアンシー takes her voice box after the king drops it. She looks over it, and she places it back in the velcro pouch after she doesn't see any signs of damage. She forces herself to move forward, enough force to trigger the motion-activated sounds. A sparkling sound effect can be heard, as ディアンシー places her hands near her head, preparing Diamond Storm. She moves forward again. Another sparkling sound effect plays, and layered on top is a "Di..." [Di...] sound. ディアンシー brings her hands closer, forming the diamonds. She moves forward one last time, and this time the sound effect is a quick charge, followed by the firing of the attack. Layered on top is an "Ān... SHĪ!!" [An... CIE!!] sound, with ディアンシー moving her hands away in time with the final sound, unleashing a full-force Diamond Storm on Dedede.

Sword and Blade arrive at Kabu Valley, surprised to see so many aliens. Sword strikes at Viridi, but Blade simply chooses to sit this one out for now. He heads towards Evergreen and the others, confused as to what they are and what's going on.

#747 Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Is Sword joining the battle royale or should I just leave the health bars be?)

Maria and Evergreen Evergreen nodded back at Blacky with a smile. There was something in his eyes that told her that Blacky was reminiscing, as if he were homesick. "I have to say, your tactics are impressive. You're handy with a sword, for an Umbreon!"

But before she could say another word, she was greeted by the arrival of two knights. If Evergreen didn't know better, she would have thought they were hostile, were it not for one of the knights approaching her.

"Eh? Who are you?" Evergreen said to the blade knight.

Kotone and Belle While Kotone was still dazed, Belle tried squinting to see what was in the valley below. The two knights had descended to meet whoever was down there. Were they friends of the knights?

9. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    (Yes, Sword is joining)

"Warera wa Burēdonaitodesu. Anatahadare?" [I am Blade Knight. Who are you?] asks Blade. "Kyō! Torēningu shite imasu ka?" [Sir! Are you training?] Sword asks Meta Knight. The knight nods. "Hitsuyōniōjite sanka dekimasu, Sōdo," [You may join if you want, Sword,] he says, and Sword seems to get the memo. He runs up to Viridi, striking them. They strike back with Sacred Sword. Kirby unleashes a Sword Beam on Meta Knight, who also unleashes a Sword Beam of his own.

#749 Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Sword enchantments?! Flamberge paused to consider this. Blacky likely wasn't a mage like her, then... but the idea of an enchanted sword that cast magic instead of focusing her own magic on her sword was definitely going to haunt Berge's imagination for a while. "...Is that a common thing to learn where you come from, by the way?"

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @ChocoChicken @Azelflover1

Kabu Valley "Gee, thanks," Blacky blushed at Evergreen's compliment. If he had to be honest, his swordsmanship was nothing compared to other swordspeople out there, both in Ardamore and here in Pupupuland. And to Flamberge, he nodded in affirmation. "Yeah. Weapon enchantments are quite common back home," he said.

Before he could elaborate though, a pair of swordspeople in green armors came to the valley. One of them (did Blacky just hear Meta Knight calling him Sword?) joined in the free practice by striking at Viridi, and the other introduced himself as Blade Knight to those who weren't fighting. "I'm Blacky. I'm new around here," the Umbreon introduced himself. He was pretty sure that Blade Knight wouldn't believe him if he said that he used to be a majū until last night, given his yellow eyes and all.

Snowy, meanwhile, stopped her practice session just in time to see Airin descending with a Bellossom (Belle) and a second human (Kotone) in tow. "Oh, Airin!" she called out right after the gijinka carefully putting her passengers (?) on the ground. Hearing this, Blacky waved at Airin with a "Welcome back, Fletcher!" directed at her. But still, Snowy felt a bit weird because Airin ran off with Brenna earlier but came back without her. It spurred the icy Ninetales to ask, "Hey, uh... where's Brenna?" In response, the not-quite-Decidueye reached out for her writing equipments and wrote, "In the castle, still dealing with Dedede," on her whiteboard. If she had to be honest, judging from how Brenna described ディアンシー's problem earlier, she thought the local king needed to get his priorities sorted.

Dedede's castle By the time Brenna was done with her Hyper Voice, ディアンシー managed to reclaim her voice box and now readying her Diamond Storm (or Dia Storm, as the plush worded it). Deep down the Primarina lady was glad that she didn't have Liquid Voice as her ability. She would've destroyed both Dedede and the voice box if she did.

That said, Brenna managed to avoid the Diamond Storm by the time it was executed, thus forcing Dedede to take the brunt of said attack. She also had to stay on guard just in case.

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    5th round Sword joins the battle!
    Sword attacks Viridi... Hit!
    Viridi takes 6 damage!
    Viridi uses Sacred Sword... Hit!
    Sword takes 14 damage!

Kirby uses Sword Beam... Hit!
    Meta Knight takes 10 damage!
    Meta Knight uses Sword Beam... Hit!
    Kirby takes 8 damage!

Kirby (39/80)
    Meta Knight (33/80)
    Viridi (50/80)
    Sword (66/80)

Kirby
    Atk: 8+2

Meta Knight, Viridi, Sword
    Atk: 8
    "Hey! You two! Kirby-san! Meta Knight-san! You're looking tired! Come and have lunch!" Maria called out to them.

And it was at the point that Evergreen hoped to continue her conversation with Blacky, but was interrupted by the arrival of even more newcomers! Burēdonaito and Sōdo, they were called, in which her translator field helpfully interpreted them as Blade Knight and Sword. Then Airin, from the sky, descended with more newcomers!

This time, they were a 'normal' pair, as far as Evergreen was concerned. It was a redheaded girl and a Bellossom. Well, that was some comfort in that Evergreen and Maria weren't alone. The redheaded girl seemed bewildered to be in the company of more people she had never seen before (Evergreen could see that her eyes had glazed over - was her brain fried?). The Bellossom, meanwhile, was staring at Evergreen and Maria's direction.

[No way...] the Bellossom squeaked. [Evergreen?! Maria?! Is that you?]

Evergreen stared.

[Belle?!] Evergreen said back, in her Pokémon language.

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @122 Generation (@Azelflover1 Still waiting for Dedede's reaction to the Diamond Storm before I move on with Brenna's part, btw.)

Kabu Valley Being a gijinka, Airin's Pokémon DNA allowed her to understand Poketalk and the sudden reunion between Evergreen and the Bellossom (did Airin just hear Evergreen calling her Belle?). So did both Snowy and Blacky though it was more of them being fellow full-breed Pokémon in the first place. And out of the three, Blacky was the first one to ask the Gardevoir, "You know her?"

"Blade Knight... right?" Snowy double-checked the recently-arrived swordsman who wasn't dueling right now. "I'm Snowy. Also known as Shiron," the Alolan Ninetales introduced herself. She then turned to the teenage redhead and asked, "Are you okay, though?"

Realizing that neither gijinkas got to introduce themselves back in the castle, Airin wrote, "I'm Airin Fletcher, and the lady who was with me back in the castle is Brenna Siriana," on her whiteboard and showed it to Blade Knight. As with previous instances of her handwritings being translated to Japanese by Evergreen's translator field, this one was no different. And even though Airin doubted that most of the people there would know what she meant by "the lady who was with her back in the castle", at least Blade should've known, right?

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Evergreen turned to Blacky, somewhat still startled that this was the Belle she knew. "Well, yeah! This is Belle! Her..." Evergreen paused, wondering if the word 'Trainer' would be foreign enough to the upright and talking Umbreon. "...partner is Maria's older cousin! I do want to know why she's with this redhaired girl though. Unless...?"

"Oh oh oh! You mean Leon?!" the redhead said to Evergreen. "Oh! So you must be Maria!" She pointed at Maria (who, surprised by everything that was going on, let out a small "Ho-e?"). Then without further, the redhead went up to Maria and knelt down a little to Maria's height. "I'm Kotone Shiomi! Leon has told me all about you! He asked me to take care of Belle for a while." Then Kotone bravely went to shake Maria's hand, whereas Maria was still in a state of surprise.

Sweatdropping, Evergreen turned to Blacky again. "In the same way that I accompany Maria, Belle accompanies Maria's cousin. We actually live in the same neighbourhood at our hometown, and we also share the same home at the park. We're close enough that you might as well call Maria's cousin her older brother..."

But before Evergreen could elaborate more, Kotone went around introducing herself to everyone and shaking... whatever she could shake. Kotone went up to Evergreen next. "Ah! You're Evergreen, right? Leon has told me about you too!" Kotone said, shaking Evergreen's hand with two hands, and then Kotone went up to Blacky, then Snowy, then Airin, then Kirby... And so on.

15. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Kirby discards the Sword ability, as he and Meta Knight are actually getting a bit tired. They head to where Maria is, happily eating some curry.

Dedede takes the brunt of the Diamond Storm. That, combined with the Hyper Voice from before, damages him. He rushes to his throne, sits in it, and presses a button on the arm, and the throne goes on a track to the castle's balcony. "...Koshinuke," [...Coward,] ディアンシー says.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken (@122 Generation Remind me, is the translator field still active?)

Human partner. What Evergreen was explaining right now pretty much sounded like those tales that the bards back home would tell except it was real in her and Belle's case. Blacky knew some of such tales because he'd sometimes overheard Lady Aine's storytelling while he and their other companions were doing their stuff in towns. But still, to think that the premise of Pokémon having human partners actually existed...

Being a quadrupedal, Snowy started to lose her balance as soon as Kotone shook her front paws. But unfortunately, by the time the redhead let them go, the Ninetales couldn't balance herself with only her hind paws and ended up falling on her butt. "Ow..."

Airin, meanwhile, was awkwardly fidgeting in front of Blade Knight. I mean, judging from how his companion talked to Meta Knight before joining in the fray, she finally could see why they asked both her and Brenna about how they even knew Meta Knight in the first place. The problem is, should she spill the beans right now or wait for Blade Knight to do it...?

122 Generation likes this.
  17. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    "Nanikaokashī, okusama?" [Is something wrong, ma'am?] Blade asks upon seeing Airin fidgeting. "Sōdonaito to wareware wa Metanaitokyō no chūjitsuna shinjadesu," [Sword Knight and I are Sir Meta Knight's loyal followers,] he tells everyone.

#757 Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Yup, the translator field is still active)

Belle had to facepalm at Kotone's actions. She really was a girl without shame, wasn't she? After Kotone had let Snowy go, she picked up Kirby to admire how cute and adorable he was, after introducing herself. That was despite Kirby was eating curry. Out of concern for the Ninetales, Belle went up to her. [You okay?] she squeaked.

Whereas Kotone went to see what Maria was serving. "Ooh! Did you cook this, Maria-chan? It looks really nice!" she said.

"You can have some if you like," Maria replied, passing Kotone a bowl of curry.

So while Kotone was eating, Evergreen filled Belle in on what had happened to date. From the venture to Dedede's castle to the battle with monsters out in the field. While Belle was capable of fighting, she figured she was best suited to help everyone else from the back. What was important was finding a way home, after all that had happened.

That, and Kotone and Evergreen was listening in on Blade and Airin. For some reason, Kotone found her understanding of English and Japanese seemed twice as effective at the moment. What she didn't know was that Evergreen's translator field was at work.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Flamberge gave a wave to the new human - it seemed like she knew Maria before this, were they from the same world? - as she took a share of the curry as her own. And it seemed this "Kotone" had also brought a "Pokémon" with her? She just hoped that once they'd moved to Floralia everyone would fit on the ship. That, and that both the newcomers would be in fighting condition, too.

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone waved warmly back at the redhaired girl whose hair was about as red as her own. Wow, she was definitely in good company, wasn't she? Her fried brain from earlier seemed to have refreshed itself. Now, Kotone was thinking about who well she could get along with her new companions, in addition to Maria and Evergreen. She was hungry, though, and she accepted a bowl of curry from Maria.

Then she went up to Flamberge. "Really really good to make your acquaintance, Flamberge-san!" she said, shaking her hand.

Whereas Maria was very amused. She knew Leon was uncomfortable around any kind of girl, so Kotone must have had a field day messing with him. Belle's presence was proof of that. Speaking of Belle, she also tried to get an ear on what Airin and Meta Knight were saying. She did need help from Evergreen for translation, however.