1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Dedede's castle
    "MATTE!!!" [WAIT!!!]

So now the throne itself was gone along with its sitter. Brenna tried to catch up but the hatch closed right in front of her. With the hope of having a civil talk with the king poof-ed just like that and remembering Flamberge's previous wild guess of the broken transporter being only on Nightmare's side, she scooped ディアンシー up to protect her from her next action: unleashing a Hydro Pump at the transporter in hopes of short-circuiting it. That way, hopefully any future majū deliveries would be halted for the time being and Nightmare (and/or any of his minions) would be forced to repair this side of the transporter if his/their side was A-OK.

(About Brenna's Hydro Pump short-circuiting the majū transporter, I'd imagine it works like (Star Allies spoiler) + - how water attacks can short-circuit Zan's drum set during her Drum N Waste and Electro Eclair.   )

Kabu Valley
    So now Airin jerked and quickly shook her head when Blade Knight's concern snapped her back to reality. She erased her previous memo while Blade Knight was explaining that he and Sword Knight, the guy who was still sparring with Viridi, were Meta Knight's apprentices. "So that's why you two asked sis Brenna and me if we know Meta Knight, huh?" Airin asked Blade in writing. If the translator field worked, Blade Knight (and by extension, the Japanese speakers) would see it as, "Sō iu wake de, futari-tomo de Burenna-nēchan to watashi ni Metanaitokyō o shitte iru ka dō ka tazunemashita ne?"

And then Blacky's ears perked upon hearing Blade's revelation by the time he finished his meal. It briefly reminded him of those good 'ol days when his late master, a Jolteon knight, took him in as a much younger Eevee. "By Sword Knight, did you mean that guy dueling with Viridi over there?" the now-Umbreon chimed in with what little dialogues he'd previously overheard, pointing at the ongoing duel while at it.

Meanwhile, Snowy gingerly stood up on her four legs and assured Belle that she was fine. As with everyone else, Snowy also listened in to Airin's and Blade's conversation, though in this case, it was more like Snowy coming just in time to read Airin's latest note. She wondered, "What happened?" after reading the note aloud, so the gijinka filled everyone in about what had happened in the castle. From meeting Kotone and Belle to the girls' takeoff with Fletcher Airlines (no, really, Airin actually did the flying), everything was written in Airin's notebook which Blacky read aloud for everyone. It was too long a story to fit a portable whiteboard, so yeah.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #761 Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    ('Fletcher Airlines' :P)

Kotone had also finished her meal and handed her bowl back to Maria. Evergreen and Belle listened in on Blacky's words, read out from Airin's writing.

"Ah, I see," Maria then said. While cleaning up her cooking set and storing it in her bag, she said, "Looks like we're noticing a mysterious trend on pulling people from different worlds. I'm more surprised it's pulled in a Pokémon I know, of all things." She looked at Belle.

Evergreen raised her hand. "Now that we're done training, and we have a few more companions with us, where should we go next? Something that can help us find... whatever this Nightmare is."

3. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽625.5
    "Hai, okusama. Sonotame, Metanaitokyō o izen ni shitte iru ka dō ka tazunemashita. Genzai torēningu shite iru no wa Sōdonaitodesu," [Yes, ma'am. That's why we asked if you knew Sir Meta Knight earlier. The one training now is Sword Knight,] Blade says. He's confused about the mention of someone named 'Brenna', because neither he nor Sword asked for either of their names. "Etto… Buren'na tte dare?" [Um... Who's Brenna?] Blade asks.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Wait a minute, did he not read my note? Airin raised her brow at her own random thought as Blacky returned her notebook. She was pretty sure that Evergreen's translator field was still active, so that must be it. That said, Airin had her spectral hands to write on the whiteboard, "She's the lady who was with me back in the castle. I didn't come alone, remember?" while signing to herself, "I just hope she won't go ham with Sparkling Aria or something..."

(@Azelflover1 Speaking of Brenna, did her attempt to short-circuit the transporter work?)

5. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽625.5
    (No, it did not)

"Watakushi wa sore ga umaku itta to wa omowanai..." [I don't think it worked...] ディアンシー says. After a few minutes, she asks "Itsu ikemasu ka?" [When can we go?]

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Seeing that the Hydro Pump didn't really work, the gijinka subtly signed a choice word or two with her free hand. I mean, she could've said it in English since ディアンシー talks in Japanese and there were no kids nearby (or so she thought), but she didn't want anyone to hear her cussing at all.

Brenna then walked out of the throne room and took her time thinking about everyone's comments about that transporter machine thing. Neither Meta Knight nor the armored duo from before (she still didn't know they were his apprentices) were aware of any repairmen coming to fix it. And during the fight against those Malamar horde, not even Dedede could believe his eyes upon seeing the chaos enfolding. So yeah, asking for more details was hopeless at this point.

A brisk walk later (which honestly felt like forever), Brenna stopped in front of Meta Knight's room. She turned to ディアンシー whom she'd been holding and asked, "Nē, Dianshī-san, ano toransupōtā kara deru mae ni nani ga okotta no desu ka?" [Say, Ms. Diancie, what happened before you came out from that transporter?]

7. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽625.5
    "Watakushi wa omocha no kōjō de tsukura remashitaga, Karosu chihō no kenkyūshitsu de ikikaetta dake de, sugu ni kimyōna pōtaru ni dekuwashimashita. Watakushi ga soko ni haitta toki, watakushi wa totsuzen kono kimyōna yōsai ni imashita. Watakushi wa arushuno kontorōrusentā, watakushi no basho no chikaku no toransupōtā ni imashita. Sūtsu o kita ayashigena otoko ga watashi o majū ni kaetai to omou made, watashi wa tōku made ikanakatta. Watakushi wa anata ga mae ni mita yō ni watashi no Dia Sutōmu de kare o nantoka oiharai, kōgeki no nochi ni toransupōtā ni chakuriku shimashita. Watakushi ga kikai ni notte kega o shita no o mite, kare wa ikutsu ka no botan ni iki, toransupōtā o torigā suru botan o oshimashita. Sore wa ikikaeri, koko de watakushi o osoimashita. Sokode watakushi wa anata to sono kimyōna Enperuto no yōna ikimono ni aimashita," [I was made in a toy factory, only to be taken and brought to life in a lab in the Kalos region, and I soon came across a strange portal. When I entered it, I was suddenly in this odd fortress. I was in a control center of some kind, a transporter near my location. I didn't get far until a shady guy in a suit wanted to turn me into a majū. I managed to ward him off with my Dia Storm like you saw before, landing on the transporter after the attack. Seeing that I was on the machine and the shady guy was injured, he went to some buttons, pressing a button that triggered the transporter. It sprung to life and zapped me here, where I met you and that strange Enperte-like creature,] ディアンシー says, confused about the fortress, the shady guy in a suit, and why the portal led her thre.

(The "shady guy in a suit" is Customer Service)

#767 Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Hope everything's going down fine over there," Flamberge muttered upon realizing Brenna was still in there. "It might be a little beat up from yesterday's attacks." She pointedly left out the part where she'd almost set several denizens and actually set multiple parts of the castle on fire.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @ChocoChicken @Azelflover1
    (Ha, I'd say the gijinkas would've laughed so hard when they get to meet the Customer Service (or N.M.E. Sales Guy for those who watched the anime's English dub) in person. I mean, look at this guy:
    [​IMG]
    A bit spoiler-y, but yeah.)

Dedede's castle
    Okay, now that's a pretty long story. If Brenna had to hazard a guess, the "made in a toy factory only to be taken and brought to life in a lab" part must be how the Pokémon toys here gained their sentience in a nutshell regardless of the languages they speak in. But from that point onward, it took her a good while to digest everything. A shady guy in a suit? She had no idea who ディアンシー was talking about. Transporter in a control center? Yeah, that was definitely a thing... wait a minute. By "an odd fortress", was the plush talking about Nightmare's HQ?

Sighing as her random thoughts got her nowhere, Brenna told ディアンシー as she walked again, "Hoka no min'na ni tsurete ikimashou, ne? Asoko ni Dianshī-san no yōna ta no ikite iru omocha ga arimasu." [Let's get you to everyone else, okay? There are other living toys like you (Ms. Diancie) there.] That said, the two made their way out from the castle and to Kabu Valley where the others were waiting.

Kabu Valley
    "Hmm..." Blacky got lost in thought. Now that Evergreen's wondering about the next clue(s) on Nightmare, he knew that it's time to pull an Atelier with what little Nightmare-related stuff he knew during his majū days. "Speaking of Nightmare, I think I know what's in his lair a little..." he looked around as if looking for something. "...anyone got a paper and quill?"

To Flamberge, Snowy nodded in agreement. Judging from the way Airin described how Brenna refused to take "no" for an answer, she also hoped that the Primarina lady wouldn't do anything unnecessarily reckless. However, Snowy's train of thought didn't last long when Blacky said that he knew a little bit about Nightmare's fortress (or lair, as he worded it). "Gus! Amanita! Viridi!" the Ninetales called out to the grass-type trio who had been busy with their practice sessions. "Get your butts over here! We're having a meeting now!" And as for Sword Knight, she'd figured that Meta and/or Blade would call him over as well.

(Fun fact: Brenna refers to Nightmare's fortress as "Nightmare's HQ" and Blacky refers to it as "Nightmare's lair". It's still the same thing tho.)

#769 Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  10. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽625.5
    The Grass-type trio rushes over to Snowy and Blacky when they hear that they're being called, and Meta Knight calls Sword, who rushes over as well. "Dō shita no, min'na?" [What's going on, everyone?] Sword asks, as he and Blade both sheath their... well, swords.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    (For the record, Snowy and Blacky literally hail from two different worlds)

“We’re about to have a meeting,” Evergreen said. Now that Maria had packed away her equipment, she too was ready to listen in. If Nightmare would give any leads for the party to build on, that would be useful.

Plus, where did the strategic-like thinking from Blacky come from? Evergreen would have thought he was just a warrior.

“Right! Now we’ll have a better idea where to go and what to do! I’m sure it’s all the way over there,” Kotone said, pointing to a space at random.

Belle, who was standing beside Evergreen, shook her head. She still wanted to know where to go next though.

SAF likes this.
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Flamberge paused to pull out one of the few remaining pages of her journal, the rest having been given to Airin the day before, and passed it to Blacky. "Here's one. It's a little, uhhh... used on the top edge... but the rest is fine!"

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1

(Actually, Atelier's penchant of tactical planning slowly rubbed off on Blacky over the course of Evolution Quest. But unlike Atelier, Blacky prefers hands-on approaches for gathering the knowledge he needs. Also, fun fact: Blacky is much more adept at using a quill than Airin considering their home worlds and all.)

While Airin was moving the toy basket closer to the party so the toys could hear Blacky out, the Umbreon himself gratefully accepted the paper Flamberge gave him. That, and the gijinka also lent him the much-needed ink and quill. "Thanks, guys," he said, to which Airin responded with a nod. And yes, the word "guys" Blacky just said is gender-neutral here.

Hearing Kotone's enthusiasm (or was it overconfidence?), Snowy practically cracked up. Deep down she couldn't help but to wonder if this particular human girl even understood what they're all wading into. "Actually, Meta Knight said Nightmare's fortress is 900 lightyears away from here. Taranza said he once raided a ship that can travel by lightyears, and if I have to guess, he must be checking it out right now," the ice-type explained for the newcomers as soon as her laughter died down. Most of the explanation was actually based on Taranza's translation of Meta Knight's explanation about the fortress last night. Assuming Evergreen's translator field was still active all this time, the local knight and/or either of his knaves might want to add more details that they knew of and/or correct her on any possible misinformation.

That said, the otherworldly warrior started to draw a rough map of Nightmare's fortress on the scrap (?) paper. Well, only some parts of it that he knew of in the first place. "I reckon the command center is somewhere in the middle of the lair..."

(Considering what little visuals of Nightmare's fortress that the anime has provided, I think I need a help on expanding that...)

#773 Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  14. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽625.5
    (Oh, right. I'll tell you in the OOC.)

#774 Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    (And I wondered if Atelier's constant planning really affected everyone. Ha!)

Like Snowy, Kotone's antics had also caused Evergreen to laugh. Personally, neither Evergreen nor Maria knew Kotone that well and it seemed Belle had the best measure of what she was like. In light of her remark though, it seemed pretty obvious that Kotone had a very dynamic mind, which caused Evergreen to wonder if Kotone had someone the exact opposite of her to keep her in check. It seemed like Kotone's mind could literally go from place to place.

And Evergreen's thoughts were vindicated when Kotone said, "Oh, a few hundred lightyears wouldn't bother us, I think! We just need to get the right ride, and we'll be on our way, Let's just build a rocket and fly in!" Then she went right up close to Blacky to closely look at his sketch of the lair (that is, amusingly close). "This looks really fun!"

Belle facepalmed. Did Kotone have any idea what they were wading into? It sounded like Kotone was just going with the flow. At least Belle was trying to understand what was happening here, as did Maria and Evergreen. Kotone...Belle really didn't know what to say.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken

(And now I'm wondering if Brenna's up for taking on Makoto's mantle here...)

"Yeah, right," the Umbreon bitterly muttered at Kotone's innocent remark (in spite of her cheery attitude) as she shuffled closer. Too close to his liking, even. I mean, this mission looked like it was about as fun as slaying dragons. What would such a bubbly human know about war anyway?

About a minute later, Snowy raised a paw. "Hey, uh..." she hesitated a little before asking anyway, "Sorry for disturbing ya, but do you know what this Nightmare guy's weak to?" Before Blacky could answer, though...

"Matasetana." [Thanks for waiting.]

A certain Primarina gijinka came back. With a Diancie plush in her hands. "Did I miss anything?" she asked. Hearing this, Airin took the initiative to introduce the newcomers to Brenna like how she did it last time: by having a magical hand point at someone while fingerspelling their name. In this case, she started from Blade Knight and Sword Knight (complete with a brief explanation that they were Meta Knight's apprentices), then Kotone (Airin fingerspelled her full name, Kotone Shiomi), and finally Belle (her magical hands had to lift the little flower Pokémon up for Brenna to see). "Atashi wa Jiriana Burenna de, kochira wa Dianshī-san desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu," [I'm Brenna Siriana, and this is Diancie. Nice to meet you,] Brenna introduced both ディアンシー and herself, all while fully trusting Evergreen's translator field to kick in anytime soon.

(I'll wait for any possible reactions before having Blacky (or letting Amanita, Kirby, and/or Meta) answer Snowy's question.)

#776 Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Flamberge paused and looked up from Blacky's plan at the return of Brenna. "Hey, welcome b- hello, Diancie! You can hold your own in a fight?"

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,359.8
    (Haha if she wants to. Kotone is currently a loose cannon without Makoto. If Brenna does though, it might give tons of chances for Kotone to tease her - and I suspect Brenna may be easier to crack than Makoto)

Kotone clearly didn't hear Blacky's bitter remark as her mind was in other places. "Come now, Blacky-kun! Turn that frown upside down! Remember, positive thoughts will lead to positive results. With the right attitude you will reach your goals!" With the arrival of Brenna and ディアンシー, Kotone waved at them. "Oh hey! It's you two! Welcome back! Brenna-san, was it? Glad I finally got your name!" she waved furiously at her. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!" she added. [Nice to meet you!]

Belle was startled when Airin briefly lifted her up, causing Evergreen to giggle. That was the thing with being a Pokémon whose height was no taller than a flower - and Belle was a flower. Evergreen found Belle's expression pretty cute too.

(Fun fact: Kotone's 'positive thoughts' remark was my workplace's message of the day on the data system... except that it's been the same message of the day every since the system existed)

SAF likes this.
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,357.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken @122 Generation
    (Since the host seems to keep ignoring inter-language dialogues, I'll do the English-Japanese translation for all dialogues as long as it is possible in-universe (in this case, with the help of Evergreen's translator field) from now on. Actual dialogues will be color-coded as usual.)

Ignoring Kotone's "positive thoughts" remark, Blacky perked up at Brenna's arrival. "Oh! Welcome back, Siriana," [Ā! Okaeri, Jiriana-san,] he gave her a friendly wave as she sat down and put ディアンシー nearby. It didn't last long however, because now the otherworldly knight went business mode again. "To answer your question, Snowy, I heard from another majū that Nightmare is weak to Kirby's Star Rod," [Shiron-san no shitsumon ni kotaeru tame ni, betsu no majū kara Naitomea ga Kābī no Sutāroddo ni yowai to kiita na,] he explained. Turning to Kirby, his voice turned somber with guilt crawling on his back. "Ugh, I really shouldn't come here as a majū..." [Hā, hontō ni majū to shite koko ni iku beki janakatta...]

Considering there's a good chance of ディアンシー not hearing Flamberge's question the first time it was asked, Brenna whispered, "Anō, tatakai de Dianshī-san jishin o hoji dekimasu ka?" [Um, can you hold your own in a fight?] And no, she (Brenna) didn't challenge her (ディアンシー), and pretty sure Flamberge wouldn't either. Rather, it was a "just in case" thing because who knows what might happen once the group's infiltrating the fortress?

#779 Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  20. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽625.5
    (My apologies)

"Hai, watakushi wa jibun jishin o batoru ni ireru koto ga dekimasuga, Daiya Sutōmu kōgeki o kaishi suru ni wa sukoshi jikan to chikara ga kakarimasu. Hayaku kotae rarenakatta koto o owabi shimasu," [Yes, I can hold my own in a battle, though it takes a bit of time and force for me to fire my Dia Storm attack. I apologize for not answering sooner,] ディアンシー sheepishly says, as she genuinely did not hear Flamberge the first time. Kirby is worried about Blacky, hearing the sadness in the Umbreon's voice.

SAF likes this.