1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Quick question: is this part unfinished? Or maybe intended to be a cliffhanger?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Ah yes, you're right. It's unfinished. I will edit it.

3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Anywho, I randomly found a pic of "what if some of Kirby casts were Pokémon" stuff:
    upload_2022-6-23_22-50-25.png
    I'd say most of the casts are alright, though I can't help but to laugh at the Meta Knight one. I mean, why does he have to be a Marill??? :P

Image source

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1

Remind me, in which episode did this previously happen on-screen?
    The bolded part, that is. I just wanna see that particular scene myself.

5. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    I believe it happened in The Kirby Quiz.

SAF likes this.
  6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

You know, I was wondering why Meta Knight had Marill ears :P

SAF likes this.
  7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oh, yes. I laughed so hard when I first saw that too. :D

@Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken
    Anyway, poking y'all here because I've added some previous plot points in my latest post. :thumbsup:

122 Generation likes this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1

Out of the casts who came from the transporter (Aaron, Amanita, Blacky, ディアンシー), who should know the details of Nightmare HQ's interior?

9. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    I'd put my vote on either Amanita or Blacky

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Actually, why not both? I mean, Amanita knows some parts, Blacky knows some other parts, and they can fill in each other's descriptions. Win-win. :thumbsup:

That said, we do need to discuss the layout's details ourselves. Whether it's over DMs or here in the OOC thread, your choice.

#250 Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  11. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    To quote wiKirby (though I did change the names): "Nightmare Fortress is the home base of Nightmare and Holy Nightmare Co., located nine hundred light years from Planet Popstar. Its size rivals a small planet, dwarfing the Destrayer armada that defends it, which themselves rival Pupupuland in size individually. The exterior of the fortress is lined at all points with defensive turrets that fire laser blasts at any intruder, preventing any but the most hardy craft from being able to enter uninvited. The interior of the fortress is equally vast, and houses more turrets along with a squad of Air Riders who attack intruders on sight. Near the center of the fortress is the command center where Customer Service contacts his customers and where Nightmare's side of the Holy Nightmare Co. Teleporter is located. In the true center of the fortress is a sanctum with a giant chessboard inset, where Nightmare creates many of his monsters."

Silica, Knuckle Joe, and 4 hoshi no senshi - Sir Arthur, Sir Nonsurat, Sir Dragato, and Sir Falspar - are piloting 3 rogue Destrayers. They might be able to help. Also the chessboard sanctum is far from the command center, down some long halls.

#251 Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    SAF likes this.
  12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1 @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

While that's a good enough description for Nightmare's HQ in the anime itself, it barely scratches the surface for our RP considering it's set 18 years after the anime's conclusion.

Brain dump: Nightmare's HQ I'm trying to expand the HQ from its anime incarnation and these are what I can think of so far:
    • As Blacky said IC, the command center is somewhere in the middle of the HQ (but not quite "middle" because we still have the chessboard sanctum accessible from there).
    • The hallways are pretty vast with bare minimum landing spots, so unless you're a flyer, you'll need something that can float like the Air Ride Machines to dive deeper into the HQ.
    • There are a bunch of "training rooms" (where majū-would-be are trained) and "living quarters" (though it feels more like a prison cell to Blacky) along the hallways.
    • It is up to the host whether they want either Knuckle Joe, Silica, other hoshi no senshi, or pretty much whoever to get involved here like they did in the anime. If they're end up not involved at all, that's OK too.
    Any other ideas?

ChocoChicken likes this.
  13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

At the moment, we have a lot of creativity we can work with since it does occur 18 years after the anime. Besides, if the size can rival a small planet and it has a command center, then you could probably incorporate elements from RTS video games. Things like a research station, deployment room, armoury, engineering bay, starport/hanger, and a mess hall would be among other options.

SAF likes this.
  14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Well...
    • The command center can double as the deployment room because it has a transporter like the one in Dedede's throne room.
    • I first thought of a big room for the Destroyas' "parking lot" but didn't know that it's called a "starport". Thanks for that. :sweat:
    • The armory, huh? I'll take that considering the weapons that the Air Riders use: batons, missile launchers, flamethrowers, flails, and exploding tops.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So... about this:
    No need to change ディアンシー's text color because I'm actually thinking of changing Brenna's and give Susie her (deserved) pink instead. The problem is, is this color (#6890F0) readable? Or should I roll with this color (#5BC7E5) instead?

16. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    It's up to you, SAF. But... won't Susie's pink text overlap with フーパ's pink text?)

(Here's フーパ's text color if you need a refresher: #f6539f)

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Azelflover1

So lemme just compare that with these:
    • Fairy-type pink: #ee99ac (Brenna currently uses this)
    • TCG fairy-type pink: #e03a83
    • The pink in LV's palette: #ff99cc
    • Magenta: #ff00ff (Susie's hair color in her WiKirby page's description)
    • Pale magenta: #f984e5
    Any suggestions?

18. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    I'd personally choose either magenta or pale magenta, as TCG pink and the pink I use seem a bit too similar for my liking. It's your choice in the end, though.

SAF likes this.
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,683.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, lemme just roll with pale magenta for Susie and shiny Primarina's hair color for Brenna. :thumbsup:

Also, random question: how would the villagers (and maybe Dedede) react upon seeing a random Destroya coming and going without pulling a Cappy Town Down (as in the episode) all over again? An OOC brief description should be enough because this is the OOC thread and I doubt any of our casts would've seen that.

#259 Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  20. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    They'd probably assume that it came to destroy the village, with them having doubts that the ship's gone rogue.