1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 1 Pokémon Marathon Leg One

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by BlackSmithy, Jun 15, 2019.

1. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Welcome to my documentation/gameplay thread on a Pokémon Marathon I’m doing with some friends! With the new Switch games coming up I thought it’d be a good idea to revisit the old games and truly enjoy them, perhaps setting extra challenges and such on the way. Thus, the Pokémon Marathon was born.

The rules can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-FPrU-ba8PaQWGqGICswbT9p7ySwnS5F_6fIZM_0WlQ

I’ll be commenting on my friends' progress while also writing about my own, most likely in weekly updates. The participants are as follows (keep in mind, I’m not using their real names):

BlackSmithy (That's me!)

Lord Krodeus (Pokémaniac Supreme)

Tripachuu (Still owes me that GBA I let him borrow)

Lord Mingus

Jbjdksss

Goorilla

Sacco

Jujimon

Drummerboy5

Doctor Castles

Thonk

Lord Meh

I’ll give you updates on score rankings and such as well as comment when something particularly funny or notable happens on their runs. The competition has only just begun, but Lord Meh has already evolved his Squirtle and beat Brock, the first to do so. Doctor Castles meanwhile trains his Pokémon in earnest as he prepares to do the same. Yours truly has yet to begin the challenge, though as the race is using in-game time I still have a fighting chance. I will post the first update later today, once most people have finished playing for the day, then update the rankings hopefully every Saturday (for a total of three updates) while posting more frequent journal entries on my own progress.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  2. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Welcome to the first gameplay journal! I was a little busy yesterday so I was not able to play, but seeing as the game time is all that really matters I still have a chance. There are no rankings just yet as many have yet to begin and no one has earned any points. So without further ado, my journey begins.

[​IMG]

My apologies for the low quality, I am using my actual 2ds as opposed to an emulator. Anyway, the adventure begins!

[​IMG]

My boy Dundy begins his adventure!

[​IMG]

You know I had to do it to 'em. Anyway, I should probably discuss my strategy. To get the most amount of points possible, I’m going to play through the game as quickly as I can while stopping to catch any legendary Pokémon for the Legendary Bonus. Once I have beat the game I can begin to complete further challenges to net more points. The Time Bonus and the Legendary Bonus are the only ones that I can potentially lose on if I’m not quick enough, so I’m prioritizing those two. I decided to go for the Theme Challenge as well, with my theme being Water and Fire (Red and Blue :O). Basic, but it works. Unfortunately, this means I’ll have to rely on my starter for a good portion of the early game. So, in line with my chosen theme, I chose Squirtle.

[​IMG]

I named him Shellbro. I don’t usually gush over my Pokémon but Shellbro is precious and I will protect him at all costs.

[​IMG]

Well then. Looks like he won’t need any protecting. He demolished Bruh with just a few Tackles. The road to Viridian City was equally easy. I breezed through everything up to Viridian forest, and Shellbro gained level after level. That was, of course, until that one trainer with a weedle. His poison sting poisoned Shellbro and I couldn’t make it back to the Pokémon Center pn time. Luckily, the next time it happened I was prepared.

[​IMG]

Once I got to Viridian Forest the steamroller only picked up its pace. Shellbro leveled up and kept demolishing everything in his path. Even Brock, the mighty Rock Type Gym Leader, fell before Shellbro's Bubble.

[​IMG]

Once I beat brock I moved on to Route 3.

[​IMG]

Before long Shellbro had evolved, and the steamroller only grew more powerful from there. I breezed through Mt. Moon, clocking in at about 53 minutes when I came out, and rushed through the Rival Battle before Nugget Bridge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the rival battle, I did Nugget Bridge. I tried challenging myself by not going back to the Pokémon Center, and beat all six trainers without turning back. I then sped through Route 25, skipping a few trainers along the way.

[​IMG]

This concludes the first journal. So far I’ve clocked in at 1:10, so I’m making good time. I’m confident in Second, if not First Place in the Time Bonus. That’s all for now!