1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Sign Up to begin your journey. Catch, train, and evolve wild Pokemon while you explore Lake Valor.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
A Pokémon appeared!

What will you do?

CATCH

Pokémon Moonlight Silver

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by WavePearl, Jul 29, 2016.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl VIP
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,613
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Episode 114a: Pop Goes the Sneasel! (part 1)

"I really do hope Nelson meets Entei one day..." Ash mused as the group continued along the path to Mt. Silver. "Not as something to be caught and tamed, but as an ally, and a friend."

He was snapped from his thoughts when he saw a large crowd of people gathered at a large closed gate. "Is the Johto League so popular that lines form the day of?"

"Doesn't look like that kind of line to me..." Brock replied.

Ash flagged down a man in the crowd. "Excuse me, sir...why are all these people here?"

"There's some kind of commotion going on on the other side." the man explained. "The bad thing is, this gate leads to Mt. Silver, so everyone's stuck!"

Ami took advantage of the gate opening to dash through the crowd. [Yay! It's open!] she cried, which went unheard over the attendant explaining to the crowd what was going on.

[Ami, wait! Not yet!] Tintri cried, racing to grab Ami moments before she could walk through the gate.

Ash and Misty retrieved both Tintri and Ami seconds later. "I am so sorry, sir...Ami can be curious, but she usually doesn't mean to cause any trouble..." Misty explained to the guard in the watchpost.

"My Pikachu was only trying to corral my friend's Marill before she got into trouble, sir." Ash agreed.

"It's probably perfect timing anyway, since I didn't know how else to say this." the attendant sighed.

But before he could finish, two angry trainers ran down a set of stone steps in the distance. "Looks like those guys were in the heat of battle..." Misty mused as one of the trainers angrily yelled something at the attendant.

"I could only hear 'lost' and 'fire'..." Ash replied. "So what was that all about?"

"We have a huge problem on our hands--nobody's been able to get to the Sacred Fire." the attendant explained with a sigh. "That's what we were trying to tell everyone."

"What is the Sacred Fire?" Ash asked, intrigued.

The attendant was about to answer when a male voice interjected "If I may, I can answer this young man's question, sir."

Ash whirled around to see a young man with dull brown hair wearing a purple and coral shirt and tan pants approaching the group. "Who are you?"

"My name is Harrison." the young man replied. "I came here all the way from from Littleroot Town, in the Houen region."

"I've heard of Houen, actually." Brock smiled. "It's supposed to be to the south of Kanto."

"I've done some research about this place, and if any of you are storytellers, what I discovered would be perfect to tell before an audience as a historical tale." Harrison offered.

Brock eagerly retrieved his story notebook and a pen. "Fire away."

"The story goes that long ago, this area was a place known for many fierce battles and wars." Harrison explained. "People ravaged the place so badly that the Pokémon suffered because of it and the vegetation was wiped out. But one day, Ho'oh appeared after a battle and sang her Swanna Song, unleashing a rose colored flame that stopped the battles and "burned" the area back to life. Eventually the forest that stands today was restored. But a bit of a tree was left burning for a long time. This fire was placed in the shrine nearby."

Recently there have been reports of a Sneasel, a Machop, and a Machoke preventing people from getting near the shrine." the attendant explained. "Every trainer who volunteered to try to stop the rogue Pokémon ended up coming back with injured Pokémon, broken bones, and other serious injuries--it's a miracle no one's been killed. We're deeply concerned about the matter, because without the Sacred Fire, the Silver Tournament can't start, and there would be no Johto League!"

Ash nodded to show he understood. "I'll make sure we can recover the Sacred Fire from the Sneasel, mainly because I wants to compete!"

"Actually, I've always wanted a Sneasel as a souvenir from Johto, so I'll help you out if you can get your hands on it." Harrison offered.

"Thanks." Ash smiled before asking the attendant "Where is the shrine?"

"North of here--once you get halfway up the stone steps, you'll reach a path that branches to the left--the shrine is at the end of that path." the attendant replied.

"Let's do this!" Misty cried.

"Come on! We have a League to save!" Ash led the way up the stairs as the crowd looked on...

To Be Continued...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl VIP
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,613
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Episode 114b: Pop Goes the Sneasel! (part 2)

Previously, on "Pokémon Moonlight Silver"...

Ash nodded to show he understood. "I'll make sure we can recover the Sacred Fire from the Sneasel, mainly because I want to compete!"

"Actually, I've always wanted a Sneasel as a souvenir from Johto, so I'll help you out if you can get your hands on it." Harrison offered.

"Thanks." Ash smiled before asking the attendant "Where is the shrine?"

"North of here--once you get halfway up the stone steps, you'll reach a path that branches to the left--the shrine is at the end of that path." the attendant replied.

"Let's do this!" Misty cried.

"Come on! We have a League to save!" Ash led the way up the stairs as the crowd looked on...

"Almost there." Brock reported as the group neared the midpoint of the stone steps, where they hoped to find the path leading to the Shrine of the Sacred Fire.

"About time--my feet are killing me!" Misty complained as her feet throbbed in pain.

Ash, meanwhile, spotted a dusty pathway leading to an alcove just as he approached the midpoint step. "There it is! That has to be where the--WHOA!"

Misty froze as she heard the BWONG! of Ash colliding with a clothesline. "Ash!" she cried as she dashed to catch Ash, seconds before he went tumbling back down the stairs. Instead, he landed in his friends' arms--Brock supporting his head and body, and Misty steadying his legs. "There--you okay?" Misty asked as soon as Ash was stable on his own two feet again.

"I think so--didn't expect to run into that wire." Ash replied as he dusted himself off. "Nothing hurts or anything."

"That's good to hear." Harrison smiled. "Although...why would the path to the shrine be blocked like that? According to my Johto guidebook, the Shrine of the Sacred Fire is the start of the torch relay to the League."

When the group approached the path to the shrine again, Ash noticed a Machop and a Machoke inspecting the wire he had hit. "Its those Pokémon the attendant told us about!"

"So what do you suggest we do?" Harrison asked.

"Let's distract them and sneak past--that way we can all save our Pokémon for the League." Misty suggested.

She then heaved a Poké Ball skyward. "Sango, I need you!"

"Anubis, I need you!" Harrison called as he too heaved a Poké Ball, summoning what looked like a larger version of Houndour with large horns and a pointed tail.

Piqued, Ash decided to read up on the black dog-like Pokémon as it supported Sango's Spike Cannon with a Flamethrower:

Houndoom, the dark Pokémon. Upon hearing its eerie howls, other Pokémon get the shivers, and head straight back to their nests.

He noticed a MORE... icon blinking at the bottom of the screen, so he tapped it. "Houndoom is capable of Mega Evolution should the trainer have an awakened Heart Song."

"I have Anubis engaging the Machoke, and your friend's got the Machop, so here's your chance!" Harrison called to Ash as his Houndoom heaved another Flamethrower.

Ash nodded, and hurried to the shrine. But moments before he could open the doors, a high pitched cry got his attention, nearly avoiding a claw as he jumped away.

He growled when he saw a small black Pokémon with long claws giggling at him. That is the Sneasel...

He grabbed the first Poké Ball he could reach and heaved it skyward. "River, I need you!"

[How do you propose we beat Mr. Ninja-mon over there?] River asked as she materialized on the grass, aware of the Sneasel taunting them both.

"I want you to use Water Gun, but be careful not to hit the Sacred Fire." Ash replied, gesturing to the open shrine doors. If the water ricochets off the trees, it could put the Sacred Fire out!

[HAH!] River unleashed a Water Gun attack, but did not expect the Sneasel to pounce on her and Slash her with his claws, knocking her to the ground.

[Ow...any more bright ideas?] River groaned as she eased herself to her feet, rubbing her Slash wound all the while.

Ash gasped when he saw the Sneasel charging a Shadow Ball! "Hit the dirt!"

He gasped as River went flying into his chest, sending them both tumbling back down the hill, only to crash into a tree.

"Ash!" Misty led the others near the tree where Ash and River were collecting themselves. "Are you okay?"

"Just a little pain where I caught River, and some scratches, but I think we'll be okay." Ash groaned.

"Let's go plan out a strategy--going at them head on is obviously not working." Brock suggested as he led the way to an alcove near the shrine.

---------

"Okay..." Brock began as he led the way back towards the shrine. "Here's the plan--Ash, I want you to pick someone that can be Mega Evolved..."

"I chose Luce." Ash replied.

"Then when we meet the three rogues, I want you to induce Luce, and have her support Anubis." Brock explained.

"You have the power of Mega Evolution?" Harrison gasped, excited. "I know Anubis and Apollo have that ability, but I have yet to find a place where I can awaken my Heart Song..."

"That's what this is..." Ash showed Harrison his Mega Ring. "They say Mega Evolution is the ultimate sign of love between trainer and Pokémon, in those Pokémon that can do it."

He noticed the Machop, the Machoke, and the Sneasel waiting for the group at the path. "There they are..."

He heaved a Poké Ball skyward, followed by holding his right hand, which had his Mega Ring, to the sky. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

Harrison watched in awe as a whorl of red thunderbolts emerged from Ash's Poké Ball, revealing Luce as Mega Ampharos! "Anubis, help my friend's Mega Ampharos!"

[HI-YA!!!] Luce ran to engage the Machop, paralyzing it with a Charge Beam. Anubis then charged at the Machoke with a Headbutt.

Anubis noticed the two Fighting Pokémon charging to engage him and Luce. [Hey, Luce...think you can pick up the Machop while I toss the Machoke?]

[Sure!] Luce replied before snagging the Machop and tying it up with a Charge Beam as Anubis picked up the Machoke.

Ash watched as both Fighting Pokémon went flying down the hill, landing at the attendant's feet with swirly eyes. "Two down, and one to go...can you handle the Sneasel by yourself, Harrison?" he asked as Luce's Mega Evolution wore off.

"I think so." Harrison replied as he recalled Anubis. "But I know I can ask you to help if I need it."

He then heaved a second Poké Ball skyward. "Apollo, I choose you!"

Ash gasped at the large red bird Pokémon with long muscular legs that materialized before the Sneasel. "What IS that?" he asked as he consulted his Pokédex.

"Blaziken, the blaze Pokémon. An exotic Pokémon from the Houen region, it can clear a 30-story building in a single bound.

Ash noticed another MORE... icon blinking at the bottom, so he tapped it. Blaziken is capable of Mega Evolution should the trainer have an awakened Heart Song."

"I don't know why Harrison hasn't awakened his Heart Song yet..." Brock mused as he watched Apollo use Quick Attack, which the Sneasel had no chance of dodging. "Based on what little I've read on the Houen region, there is a place he could've awakened it, but where it is escapes me now..."

"It's ultimately a mutual decision between Pokémon and trainer." Ash reminded him as he watched the Sneasel attempt to counter with a Shadow Ball, only for Apollo to dodge and counter with Flamethrower. "What else do you remember from your Houen readings?"

"I remember that the area has twin evil teams with opposing goals." Brock replied. "One wants to expand the land, and the other wants to expand the sea. But all they ever seem to do is fight against each other" He let that hang as they watched Harrison heaved a Poké Ball at the Sneasel...

---------

"I'm impressed...I never dreamed Apollo was so powerful." Ash smiled as he met Harrison in the crowd near the shrine later that evening, where a crowd had turned out to watch the start of the torch relay.

"He may be my best partner and friend, but I never dreamed I'd see Mega Evolution for myself." Harrison smiled. "But whether I decide to induce Apollo or Anubis will be their choice."

"What are you going to name your new Sneasel?" Ash asked.

"Not sure yet--I'll think of something to continue the mythology and legend theme I have going with my team." Harrison replied. "I will say Luce is a pretty name for an Ampharos."

Some cheers snapped the group to attention as the first torchbearer received the Sacred Fire to begin the relay. "I plan to be at the tournament, and I hope to see you there, too."

"Don't worry, I'll be there." Ash assured Harrison. "Not just that, but I will do my best to win!"

To Be Continued...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl VIP
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,613
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Episode 115: A Claim to Flame!

"Here you are." Ash smiled as he handed the receptionist at the Silver Stadium the paperwork to enter the Silver Conference.

"All right--be sure and report to the athlete's village at noon for the screening rounds." the receptionist smiled as she filed Ash's paperwork away in a cabinet. "You are free to do whatever you wish until then, including partaking in the other events."

"Thanks." Ash smiled before starting back towards the lounge where Misty and Brock were waiting.

"Well, look who's here!" a familiar voice said, snapping both Ash and Tintri to attention.

"Gary?" Ash gasped as he spotted Gary arriving with paperwork of his own to turn in.

"Who else would it be?" Gary smirked as he approached the reception desk. "You've got a couple of hours to kill before the big show, so what are you gonna do?"

"Probably explore the area." Ash replied. "I'd hate to get lost trying to find my way around this place."

"Good luck with that." Gary replied as he got in line to deliver the paperwork.

"Was Gary implying what I think he was implying?" Brock asks as the group departed the reception building, and into Silver City's bustling streets.

"Look, my sense of direction isn't THAT bad..." Ash explained. "Although I will admit it still needs some work."

"The more familiar you are with a place, the easier it is to find your way." Misty reminded Ash. "So it's a good idea to learn where all the arenas are, so you're not late to any matches."

As the group rounded a corner, they spotted Lance handing out balloons to kids. "Lance, hi!" Ash waved.

"It's good to see you three again..." Lance smiled as he gave a girl an electric blue balloon decorated with the Water icon for the Pokémon Trading Card Game. "As Champion of the Pokémon League, part of the job is greeting all the fans, and the best way to do that is through handing out balloons."

After finding a yellow Lightning icon balloon for Ash, a second Water icon balloon for Misty, and a Rock icon balloon for Brock, he told the group "Here, these are good luck gifts from me."

"Thanks, Lance!" Ash smiled as the group continued on their way, Misty tying the yellow balloon's string to Ash's hand so it wouldn't float away.

---------

"Wow..." the group gasped as they arrived at the Athlete's Village Pokémon Center later that afternoon. "Who knew we'd get a luxury suite?" Ash gawked as he tied the group's balloons into a small bundle in a corner, away from sharp implements.

"They thought of everything--we've got a lakeside view, a big screen TV with a Nintendo Switch, and a top of the line PC for both work and play." Misty smiled as she admired the sun sparkling off the lake to the west.

"Nice, I'm gonna play Super Mario Odyssey right now!" Ash made a beeline for the TV and the Switch.

"You can game all you want later, after we're all done with the screening rounds." Brock reminded Ash before giving him a brief rundown of what to expect. "Basically, the screening rounds are designed to trim the field of 200 competitors in each event--be they trainer, Pokethlete, or Loremaster--down to 48."

He paused to turn off the lights before continuing "In your case, the screening rounds are a series of one-on-one battles, with match-ups entirely randomized, with no trainer having to battle more than three times."

"Sounds easy enough." Ash grinned as Misty and Brock went their separate ways to their own events. "Good luck to you too, Brock."

---------

"...It turned out my strategy of a pure speed offensive was a bad idea, and Tintri ended up being subjected to repeated Digs and Headbutts." Ash recapped his victory to Misty and Brock later that night, exploring a desert ruin in Super Mario Odyssey all the while. "However, Tintri latched onto the Furret, who tried to get into the holes in order to shake Tintri off. This allowed Tintri to Thunderbolt it, and a final Quick Attack got me the match!"

"Well done." Misty smiled as she checked the results of the events on the PC. "We've all made it through to the next round of our respective events--I got a gold to advance to the next round..."

"...and I told 'The Swanna's Song' to advance to the next round." Brock added. "I think the audience participation element in my tale really helped."

Misty clicked back to the Pokémon battle recaps. "Let's see...Gary and Harrison have also passed the screening round too."

"If I can beat a guy with a Furret, I can beat 47 other trainers." Ash smiled as he prepared to face off against a boss.

"It won't be that easy, Ash..." Lance cautioned as he arrived with the group's dinner for the night. "The 48 trainers are grouped into groups of three in the semifinals, where only one trainer from each group will advance to the League itself."

"Bring it on!" Ash smiled as he battled a huge statue boss on the TV screen. "I think I can do this!"

---------

That night, Ash laid awake in bed as he contemplated his upcoming matches. I can't sleep...maybe a stroll by the lake will clear my head. he thought as he climbed out of bed, being careful not to wake up Misty or Brock as he got dressed.

[Ash, what's the matter?] Tintri asked as Ash started for the door. [It's not like you to be up at 11 PM...]

"I know, Tintri, but with all that's going to be going on tomorrow, I can't sleep." Ash explained as he motioned for Tintri to climb on his shoulder. "So I thought maybe a walk around the lake would clear my head."

After writing a note explaining where he was in case Misty or Brock woke up, Ash started out the door, and down the hall. After taking the elevator down to the main hall, he followed the paved pathway to the lake. "I've got so many conflicting emotions right now..."

[Like what?] Tintri asked.

"Excitement by being here, my pride as a trainer, fear that Team Rocket will somehow find a way to crash everything like what happened back at home..." Ash began

[Relax--I blasted them a long, long way off.] Tintri smiled. [So they're not coming back to bother us here.]

"I'm also nervous, especially since Gary's here..." Ash went on, before he spotted Gary looking out at the stars. "Speak of Darkrai..."

"You couldn't sleep either, huh?" Gary invited Ash to join him by the south shore of the lake. "Up for having a heart-to-heart? I've gotta get a few things off my chest..."

"Go on and vent--I'll still listen." Ash assured Gary as he settled down in the grass.

Gary sighed. "The moon tonight...it reminds me of my first night as a Pokémon trainer - the same day that I bilked you out of an Eevee, and leaving you to get Tintri as your first Pokémon. I wonder...are you still mad at me for taking that Eevee Gramps promised you away from you?"

"Not anymore--Tintri's been the best partner anyone could ask for." Ash replied, petting Tintri as he spoke.

"Sometimes I wonder what could have been..." Gary went on. "What if you had gotten the Eevee like Gramps had planned? What would you have evolved it into? What would've happened if I had not seen the full moon?"

He turned business-like again. "But all the woulda-coulda-shouldas and why the toast lands butter side down is for the future."

"Yeah--today is about the rivalry, and our pride as trainers!" Ash agreed.

Both boys then proclaimed to the still waters "We will defeat anyone who gets our their way to the top--and that includes each other!"

---------

"Whoa, this place is packed!" Ethan gasped as he and Lyra struggled to find a seat in the crowded stadium the next morning.

"I'll say...when's Ash gonna be on?" Lyra wondered as she and Ethan found two vacant seats near the front.

"Depends on how he was seeded in the prelims." Ethan replied as he took a seat.

In Oak's Lab, Tracey arrived with popcorn. "Any word on how Gary was seeded?" he asked.

"They showed the bracket just now." Prof. Oak explained as the CGI bracket on the TV screen flew away to reveal the majestic stadium. "Prof. Elm's having a watch party in his lab to cheer both Ash and Gary on."

In the Ketchum house, Taran arrived with a large bowl of popcorn and bags of chips. "So, where's Ash seeded, dear?"

"He is the 32nd seed in the final 48." Delia reported as she watched a shot of Ash waving to the crowd on the TV screen. "By comparison, Gary is seed 30."

She brushed away a tear of pride. Ash, my baby...good luck out there!

---------

The rumble of motorcycles startled the crowd. "What in the world?" Gary asked as the walk of the competitors was interrupted by a gang of delinquents zigzagging across the track and the infield as if it were an extreme sports park.

Ash caught a glimpse of the torch runner in one of the entrance tunnels, blissfully unaware of the punks and their motorcycles. "He doesn't see them!"

He watched in horror as a motorcycle cut the runner off, causing him to drop the torch in surprise. "I got it!" Gary dove to catch the torch, moments before League security arrived to deal with the punks.

As the punks were led away, bikes and all, Gary examined the wounded runner as he moaned in pain. "It looks like the punks' bikes did a number on his ankle...but the torch is okay, at least."

He offered Ash the torch. "Ash...will you make the final leg of the torch relay while I take care of the runner?"

"Sure!" Ash replied.

---------

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats, as we honor our League with the regional anthem. the announcer instructed as Ash arrived with the torch, to thunderous cheers.

A familiar voice started singing "Golden Hearts and Silver Souls" as Ash started up the steps towards the flame cauldron:

Our golden hearts and our silver souls
    Shining brightly on our homeland,
    Sets the fire of our hope ablaze
    And never will it falter!

Our courage flies across the land,
    And we rise to meet the challenge;
    So the sun will rise, and the moon will shine
    Upon Johto forever...

Maybe I'll see the Starwings fly over me again, like at home!
    he thought as he passed the performer's platform, where Clair and a few of her attendants were singing the song:

May our golden hearts and silver souls
    Shine on the land forever.
    As the golden sun rises in the east
    So will Johto endure.
    Though darkness falls, the stars will shine
    And the silver moon lights the way
    The aurora shines across the sky
    And our path never will be gray...

So the golden sun will rule the day
    And the night has the silvery moon...
    Clair started the final verse as Ash arrived at the platform with the fuse for the torch.
    And the crystal's sparkle in the dark
    Promises that the light comes soon....

Ash gently touched the flame to ignite the fuse as the song went on:

Though we may come from every land
    And in every tongue and color,
    The ideals of love, hope, and peace
    Remain in our hearts forever...

He heard a loud whoosh and thunderous cheers as three gliders decorated to look like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres came flying over the stadium. There they are! The Starwings! Ash smiled as the Moltres glider soared over him, just as the torch flared to life, and Clair and her attendants sang the final chorus:

May our golden hearts and silver souls
    Shine on the land forever.
    As the golden sun rises in the east
    So will Johto endure.
    Though darkness falls, the stars will shine
    And the silver moon lights the way
    The aurora shines across the sky
    And our path never will be gray...

To Be Continued...

#143 WavePearl, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. WavePearl

WavePearl VIP
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,613
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Episode 116a: Love, Pokémon Style (part 1)

"Okay, Master bracket..." Ash mused as he brought up the massive tournament bracket on the Johto League Web site the next morning.

After scrolling down past hundreds of names and faces he didn't recognize, he found his picture in one group. "There I am..." he grinned.

"So, where are you in this massive bracket?" Brock asked as he arrived in the room, intrigued in the millions of names and faces on the computer screen.

"I am right here, in Group H." Ash replied, proudly pointing at his picture in the bracket. "Any advice on what I can expect?"

"Well, I did a little research on the competition last night..." Brock began as he pulled up a chair to the desk. "Click on 'Competition Rules', please."

Once Ash had clicked over to the requested page in a new tab, Brock went on "The semifinal round is a round-robin tournament, where each trainer battles against each other once—with two points for a win, one for a tie, and nothing for a loss. The trainer with the most points in the group stage will move on to the Victory Tournament."

"That makes a lot more sense than this legalese and weird diagrams..." Ash smiled as he clicked back to the tab with the master bracket. "I think I get what I am supposed to do, but I hope to win anyway."

After getting up from the desk, he invited Tintri aboard his shoulder. "This is it, bud--what we came all this way to do!"

---------

Ash shielded his eyes as he stepped out of the Pokémon Center and into the sunshine. It's bright today...

He glanced at the printout of his group he had printed before departing. "Let's see, my first opponent is someone named Macy..."

"Oh, a Pikachu!" a brown haired girl smiled as she approached Ash, with a Vulpix trotting beside her. "You must be my first opponent if you've got a Pikachu on your shoulder...I'm Macy, by the way."

"Nice to meet you...I'm Ash, and this is Tintri." Ash replied, petting Tintri all the while.

"Why does Tintri sit on your shoulder all the time? Shouldn't he be in a Poké Ball?" Macy wondered.

"Tintri just never really liked being in a Poké Ball--so I let him sit with me and walk with me." Ash explained.

"That's so sweet!" Macy smiled. "But not half as sweet as Ember!" she grinned, making a grand gesture to the Vulpix that walked beside her.

"In a battle of toughness, who would win?" Ash challenged.

"Ember is both sweet and tough!" Macy shot back. The two of them continued exchanging challenges, each one getting louder and louder by the moment:

"Then I hope you're ready for the shock of your life!"

"And I hope you're ready to feel the burn!"

"Oh yeah? I will come at you with the fury of a storm!"

"And I'll meet you right back with a powerful wildfire!"

A referee's whistle brought the escalating conversation to a screeching halt before it could turn into an actual battle. "All right, break it up!" Brock called as he pulled Ash and Macy apart. "I love that both of you are fired up and excited, but you need to keep your Pokémon strong for the tournament." he explained.

Ash did not, however, expect Macy to approach him with heart eyes. "Wow...so courageous, confident, and powerful! Just as a raging volcano creates lightning, so does my love and passion burn for you!"

"Wait, what?" Ash started to back away, afraid that Macy would tackle him in the throes of love.

"How would you like to--!" Macy started before spotting Misty approaching them. "Oh, you mean you already have a girlfriend?"

"What?" Misty gasped. "Let's get one thing perfectly straight here...there is a BIG difference between a girl that is a friend, and a girlfriend, okay? Boys and girls CAN in fact be friends with no romantic implications."

She went on "Besides, I'm competing in something totally different from you two...my friendship with Ash is just that--a friendship. No more, and no less."

"Good luck in the Pokethlon." Ash whispered to Misty before hurrying off to to a training arena for last minute preparations. What makes her think I'm boyfriend material? he thought. I've never even met her before today--so I don't know her background, I don't know her interests and tastes...and she probably doesn't even know my background, interests, and tastes!

"You have to take me out on a date after the match if I win!" he heard Macy call after him, which spurred him to run even faster.

Misty sighed as Macy hurried off. "What makes her think she and Ash are romantic partners? Ash doesn't look to me like the romantic type."

She sighed as she started towards the majestic Pokethlon dome near the training arena. "No matter...I have my own competition to prepare for. We'll worry about this later."

---------

"Ready?" the announcer called as a group of Pokethletes braced themselves for the start of the Relay Run. Unlike Misty's previous Pokethlons, Misty now had seven other competitors instead of three in the circular pool.

[Here we go!] Michelle cried before diving in at the starting gun, allowing her to surface ahead of a Dewgong and an Empoleon. [Speed is better than size!] she taunted as she powered down the backstretch rapids, passing a Milotic on the way to complete her first lap.

The crowd in the stands watched as the field of eight water Pokémon jockey for position in the pool. They cheered as another one passed the line, and sighed when a Pokémon had to finally stop before the two minute timer was up.

By the time Misty emerged from the water with fifteen laps some time later, she smiuled when she saw she had come in a solid third place. "Not bad for our Grand Pokethlon debut..."

[I could've easily broken the 20 lap record with a little more time.] Michele smiled as she shook herself dry.

"You have to remember that in the Grand Pokethlon, we will participate in all ten events, so you need to save her strength." Misty reminded Michelle as they started towards the locker rooms to prepare for the next event.

[What was all that with Ash and that girl before?] Michelle wondered. [Ash doesn't look like a ladies' man to me...]

"He's not...this seems like Temacu 2.0, with Ash as the target for the lovesick lady." Misty replied. "Besides, Macy may lose interest in Ash sooner or later, and go after some other boy."

---------

"Well done on finishing in the top three in the Relay Run." Ash smiled as Misty met him and Brock in the room later that evening.

"Thanks...did you ever get that Macy girl off your back?" Misty asked.

"Haven't seen her since our awkward trash talk." Ash replied. "I'm still trying to figure out what makes her think I'm her boyfriend..."

He turned business-like again. "For now, I'm not gonna worry about that--I'm gonna make up my team for tomorrow's match!"

"Whoa there, cowboy..." Brock pulled Ash back from the desk. "First rule of battling: Know thy enemy."

"Yeah--before you throw together a rag tag team that has no chance on this big a stage, it's a good idea to read up on your opponent first." Misty agreed as Brock led Ash to the desk.

After typing "www.globalpkmnleague.net/johto" into the browser's address bar and bringing up the master bracket from the Johto League homepage, Ash scrolled a little before finding Macy's picture in the Group H block, and opened her profile in a new tab. "Here she is...she has Vulpix, Slugma, and Quilava—all Fire Pokémon."

"Then you need as many Water types as you can find." Misty replied.

"But I only have two—River and Brenna." Ash sighed. "I asked Officer Jenny to send over Brenna and have one of my active team sit the match out so Brenna can compete, but where am I gonna get a third Water type?"

"I'll lend you one of mine that's not competing in a Pokethlon event." Misty replied.

Brock, meanwhile, motioned for Ash and Misty to look at the computer screen. "You may not want a full water team...I found out that she has something to counter that."

"I know I'm using River and Brenna, no matter what, but if she may have a counter for that, who should I pick?" Ash wondered.

With Ash and Misty occupied discussing strategy, Brock clicked over to another tab displaying Ash's team entry form. River and Brenna were already confirmed, but the third Poké Ball was blank. I know just the one for the job... he smiled as he found Aina in the drop down list of Ash's registered Pokémon, selected her, and clicked CONFIRM.

To Be Continued...

#144 WavePearl, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. WavePearl

WavePearl VIP
    Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽2,613
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Episode 116b: Love, Pokémon Style (part 2)

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride!
    Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no!
    I've got to keep on movin'!
    Ash enthusiastically sang along to the 80's pop song on the radio as he got dressed the next morning. Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride!
    I'm runnin' and I won't touch ground, oh no!
    I've got to keep on movin'!

"Seems someone's excited for their first match..." Misty smiled as she came in the room, giggling a little as Ash continued swaying to the beat of the song.

"Remember when I competed in the League back home?" Ash explained as he turned down the radio. "Mom sent me a CD of motivational music to pump me up, and that was the first song on there--I consider it my good luck song for major tournaments."

"It got you to the Sweet Sixteen on Indigo Plateau, and won you the Orange League--here's hoping it will take you farther here." Brock smiled as he arrived with a bag of food. "Breakfast for the aspiring League Champion?"

"Don't mind if I do..." Ash smiled as he unwrapped the sausage, egg, and cheddar sandwich Brock had given him. "Thanks." he replied in between bites as Misty led the way out the door.

---------

We're underway at the Silver Conference group matches! the stadium announcer called as Ash summoned River to face Macy's Slugma. Do these challengers have what it takes to overcome the other trainers in their group, and make it to the Victory Tournament?

"River, open with Water Gun!" Ash called.

Macy just grinned at the oncoming spray of water. "Lava, use Double Team!"

River balked as what looked like many different Slugmas materialized before her. [Um, which one's the real one?]

"Look for the one with a shadow!" Ash suggested.

Woosh! Flamethrower! the announcer commented as River scrambled to avoid a stream of fire.

She winced from her singed fur as she got up. Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul... she sang, creating a watery wave of sound that battered the Slugma.

Macy gasped at the Disarming Voice. "Lava, come back!" she called as she recalled the Sugma. "Livewire, let's go!"

Here comes a Pokémon switch. the announcer commented as an Electabuzz materialized before Ash and River.

Ash just smiled as he recalled River. "Trying to catch me off guard with a surprise? You forget I have a surprise too!"

He heaved another Poké Ball skyward. "Aina, I choose you!"

Oh, it's Machop! the announcer commented as Aina materialized on the field.

"Good thinking on including Aina on Ash's team..." Misty smiled as Aina easily shook off a Thunderbolt.

"Had Ash gone with a pure Water team like you suggested, he would've been knocked out by now." Brock explained. "I know Aina has some Ground moves as well as her innate Fighting moves, so she would be perfect for an Electric type."

It's a revolving door of Pokémon! the announcer commented as Macy swapped Pokémon again, returning her Slugma to the field.

"You know what to do, Aina?" Ash smiled as he saw the Slugma appear.

[Of course!] Aina grinned before stomping the ground hard, creating an Earthquake that rattled the stadium.

Hang on, Earthquake! the announcer cried as the fire slug Pokémon was battered by the shifting ground. It managed to hang in there!

"Lava, try Flamethrower again!" Macy called.

"Aina, try to detect Lava's attack!" Ash countered.

He smiled as Lava's attack hit a shining blue shield, before Aina countered with a Cross Chop, knocking the Slugma out.

---------

Back in the stands, Misty smiled as Macy summoned her Quilava. "Any of Ash's entries will have the advantage against Quilava..."

"I think you spoke too soon..." Brock mused as Aina's attempt at a Karate Chop was met with another Flame Wheel, knocking her out.

"What? I thought Aina could have swept Macy." Masty gasped as Macy welcomed back her Electabuzz Livewire to face River.

In the arena, River heaved a Water Gun at Livewire, only for the spray of water to bounce off a shining wall she recognized as Light Screen. [Okay, since the physical approach won't work, let's try the magical approach...]

She took a deep breath and sang Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

"Yes!" Ash cried as the wave of watery sound managed to break through, but he didn't see an electrified fist coming for River! "Oh no!"

The remaining Pokémon count is 2 to 1. the announcer commented.

Ash's final Poké Ball at his side made him smile. I may be against the wall, but I'm bringing back a familiar face to try and make a comeback!

He heaved the Poké Ball skyward. "Welcome back, Brenna!"

"Brenna?" Misty gasped as the Squirtle materialized. "How'd she get here?"

"I was surprised to find her on the entry form last night myself." Brock was equally surprised. "But she is one of Ash's most reliable Pokémon besides Tintri, so maybe he let one of his active ones sit this match out so Brenna could compete."

"I hope Ash knows what he's doing..." Misty worried as she watched the Electabuzz charge a Thunderbolt.

Her worried look turned to joy as a familiar Water Gun hit Livewire before he could fire. "What?" Macy gasped in shock as she watched Brenna evade a volley of electric fists.

"I see what Ash wants to do!" Misty smiled as Brenna's next attack was deflected with an Iron Tail. He's countering raw power with a speedy offense!"

The crowd murmured as a second Iron Tail sent Brenna flying. "Livewire, finish the Squirtle off with a Thunderpunch!" Macy called.

She watched in horror as Brenna heaved another Water Gun from the air, interrupting the Thunderpunch and knocking the Electabuzz out! "How?" she asked, shocked that her ace Pokémon had been bested by a Water type.

There's only one Pokémon aside--this match has come down to the wire. the announcer called as Macy welcomed back her Quilava.

"Okay, Brenna, we can come back and win this!" Ash smiled. "Start with Water Gun!"

"Counter with a Flamethrower!" Macy shot back.

The crowd roared as Brenna evaded the fire, then countered a Swift attack with a stream of bubbles. The projectiles managed to collide, creating a smoky cover for a Water Gun to hit the Quilava!"

Yes! Brenna smiled before heaving another Bubble spray. However, she did not see a Quick Attack, which ended up flipping her on her back, to the crowd's horror.

"Brenna!" Ash gasped as he hurried to help his Squirtle, aware all the while of the ring of fire headed for her.

He stopped in his tracks as Brenna unleashed a huge Hydro Pump, using the massive attack to not only hit Quilava with the water, but also with her own body!

When the mist and smoke cleared some minutes later, the crowd roared when they saw the Quilava swirly eyed! And there goes the battle! the announcer cried. This match's winner is...SILVER!

---------

"Well done, Ash." Brock smiled as the group checked the bracket later that evening. "You now have firm control of Group H with that come from behind win."

He allowed Ash before the computer screen to see the bracket. "Depending on the outcome of the second match, it's possible that you may only need a tie to advance. Macy, on the other hand, can't advance unless she wins her second match and you lose the next one to force a three-way tie."

A knock at the door snapped Brock from his lecture. "I wonder who that could be?" Ash asked as he started towards the door, only to find Macy and a Magcargo framed in the doorway. "Macy? What are you doing here?"

"I came to tell you that was a great match, even though I lost." Macy explained. "Thanks to you, Lava evolved into a Magcargo after the match!"

She hugged the Magcargo. "No matter what happens, this miracle evolution will always be a reminder of my love for you!"

"Thanks?" Ash nervously chuckled. "Good luck in your next match too!" he called after Macy as she departed.

To Be Continued...