1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ShadowJCreed, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Hi, I won’t be available for a week starting from the 30th of June, as the place I am going does not have free WiFi.

I can ask my friend on LV if she has a male OC she would like to put in the RP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Sure I'll join. Here's a character that I made for a Ralts. Please tell me if I need to change anything.

Name: Blake

Clothing or accessories: He's usually wearing a small red scarf around his neck.

Fears: Zouras and Zoroarks

Bio (there's a logical explanation to why I wrote his one first. You'll see in a minute): When he was young he used to live in the wild with his parents. You see, the reason why they're in the wild, is because his parents were exiled from their old town for reasons his parents never told him. One night, while they were resting in the woods, they were ambushed by wild yet powerfull dark types, all of them lead by a powerful Zoroark. His parents knew that they wouldnt live throught this fight, so his mother used teleport to send him away from the fight. Blake knew why his mother did it, so he did the only thing he could've done. He ran. After a few weeks worth of running away, he eventually made it to a safe location where the locals called, "Chime City". (Sorry if I wasn't allowed to talk about death, i tried to give my character a traumatic background.)

Personality: When he was younger, he used to be very timid, but thanks to him living alone now that his parents aren't around, he was forced to learn that he couldn't be very timid anymore. He might look like a serious person to some people, but he's very outgoing when he's with friends.
    He's neither an optimist nor a pesimist, he's more of a realist. This usually leads him towards trouble when it comes to having a conversation with people who dont dont really know him.
    Thanks to the traumatising experience he had with his parents accident, he has a pasive hatred towards wild dark types (Not civilized dark types though).
    Now that his parents aren't around anymore, he somewhat forgot what it felt like to have a family. Thanks to this, he wouldnt think twice when it comes to risking his life for somebody important to him (dear friends, etc.)

Any noticeable features: None that I could think of.

If anything needs to be changed, please tell me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #22 Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Mandriel likes this.
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Looks fine to me

4. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    I like Blake so we now have our final cast and the application seems good.

Zayn the Poocheyna
    Peggy the Sewaddle
    Aeterna the Torchic
    Bigjaws the Totidile
    Blake the Ralts.

So the RP will start when Fchicken77 is back from vacation can’t wait to start it up.

#24 Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  5. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Don't we have a colorful cast of characters

6. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    I know right though I do have a question when the story starts could the others call Bigjaws Jaws for short?

7. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Sure... could be something they call him because Bigjaw is very uncreative. Or maybe they see how strong his bite force is.

Also, I've never RP'd before. Do we plan ahead to introduce characters into the story or do we just wing it? I is a newb... :/

8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I
    I guess it depends on the character. Some characters might give different nicknames to the same Pokémon

9. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Do you mean literally or figuratively? They both seem true XD

Mandriel likes this.
  10. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Well basically we could have our characters meet the announcer who will be asking people to join for the yearly requests to join the Chime City guild. My character is already from Chime City and the others are there to. Now how they could get introduced is up to you guys. The announcer will be Laurence the Ludicolo and each of your characters must approach him in some unique way. Like since Bigjaws is an orphan who lives by a tree near the city he could hear about the recruitment day from a random passerby Pokémon and intrigued he goes to investigate.

11. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I don't see why it can't be both :D

Also, maybe your Torchic and my totodile could be friends. Maybe she suggests Jaws as a nickname but then cowers in fear since he has a strong pair of chompers but then Bigjaw is cool with it and makes a nickname for her too since he notices how timid she is and want's her to break out of shell a little. (no pun intended)

12. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I don't see why it can't be both :D

Also, maybe your Torchic and my totodile could be friends. Maybe she suggests Jaws as a nickname but then cowers in fear since he has a strong pair of chompers but then Bigjaw is cool with it and makes a nickname for her too since he notices how timid she is and want's her to break out of shell a little. (no pun intended)

13. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Sure. It could make a good brains/brawns addition.

14. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Sounds good but I need something to be a little humorous. Maybe he gets really excited and attacks somebody out of pure hype, impatiently trying to be a hero. But ends up looking like more of pyscho than the people already labeled him as

15. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    That does sound pretty funny I’m sure Laurence will love him.

16. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Making characters look like they drop 40 IQ points is my specialty... just read any fic I've written. Especially ones with TF2 and that one Pokémon fic I have

17. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Wow, i'm late for this discussion. As for my character, I'm not sure how he mannaged to join, as I've written before, he has no parents anymore, so I don't know how he's making a living in the City.

I guess we could write it off that he's just your average homeless mon, who does random jobs for money. And that when he heard that the guild was recruting, he decided to join to escape the terrible homeless life.

I'm honestly just making stuff up on the fly, but how does it sound.

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    From what I've experienced, we just wing it

There's a guide here, hope it helps! ^^
    https://lakevalor.net/threads/lake-valor-rp-guide.17057/

I like the sound of that! It's a good place to start his story :)

19. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Well I don’t know if you’d like this idea, but my character Zayn is being taken care of by a local Gardevoir. Maybe instead of being homeless he could live with them. Back in my character’s background she found Zayn looking very hungry and dehydrated with no memory of his old life and took him in maybe she could’ve done the same thing with Blake.

20. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Wait, are we gonna have segments where some of our guys head into the city. Since BIGJAW just lives in a tree would we have him running into town, out of breath or something?