1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ShadowJCreed, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    You can introduce your character however you'd like

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Sorry if I'm being annoying but how do we know when it's someone's turn to introduce? Do we play rock paper scissors or go by trainer level or something like that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    Yeah since most of these characters actually aren’t from the city we may have to do stuff like that. Like since my character lives in the actual city he could just hear about it from the streets and would sneak away from Gardevoir and sign up without her knowledge like I said in his bio.

4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm actually not entirely certain as I've only briefly RPd with more than one person once. I guess we should post in an order, since that sounds the most fair, but that's something we all would have to agree on.

We could introduce ourselves based on who posted first, too?

5. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Well since I’ll introduce the story I’ll go first with a slight Prologue cutscene then go into the story. Then I guess you guys decide who goes next to introduce yourself.

6. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    That seems fair

7. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    So like this then:

Shadow
    Mandriel
    Fchicken
    Arod
    Baran

Anyone disagree?

8. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Yeah I can actually agree with that so I guess after me Mandriel will go next and then so on and so on.

9. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Now an important part is that we all have to have this forum watched which I’m sure we’ve all done. Also Fchicken when your back from vacation post a message here so we know that the RP can officially start. I’ll post a thread and then notify all of you here in this thread.

10. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I like the idea, but after reading your bio, there might be a few complications. The main problem I see, is that in your bio, you wrote that you joined the guild without her permision. And if my character were to be taking in her care, that would make two kids leaving the same person to join a guild, which would kind of be cruel/weird. I think each character should have their own reasons to join. Again, I liked your idea, but having two characters do the same thing is kind of bland.

11. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I would suggest we start tomorrow just so we get a feel of how everyone writes, response times, and just for a little taste into the new RP. Then again, Fchicken is most likely gonna be extremely busy tomorrow and I have a driver's class from 12 to 6 so it may or may not be a very good Idea

12. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Okay that’s understandable. There will be a scene where Gardevoir shows up after the five are given a tour of the guild building and let me tell you she will be angry with Zayn because let’s face it she’d eventually get suspicious to where he is after awhile.

13. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    So, I guess we'll just stick with the idea of my character just doing odd jobs around the city.

14. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Yeah that sounds like the better option.

15. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    So far we got this:

Sneaking out and applying without permission when he heard about it on the grapevine

Hobo who does odd jobs that applies or is recruited (can't remember which, sry)

And an overexcited psycho who attacks an unlucky citizen who should have stayed inside

Now we just need the other two

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Hi! I'm sorry if I'm late - I'm FChicken77's friend. Are signups still open?

17. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Sorry sign ups are closed someone else applied before you yesterday.

18. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I have a question:
    Do Pokémon evolve naturally or do they have to go to this area to evolve like in the games?

As for Aeterna’s entrance, I think she would just walk into Chime city and accidentally bump into someone, just before cowering in fear and saying “Sorry” over and over again.

19. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    That’s a hard thing to decide I mean in most of the games there’s a special area where you can evolve what do go you guys think because I’m a little stumped on what to decide?

20. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I say go for natural evolution. It kinda helps develop character for everyone. I may be catering to Bigjaw or Jaws as some with refer to him as but I have my reasoning. He is rather reckless and just change sin head first into battle so evolution would be beneficial for him not dying. But, it also helps add some more obstacles in the way. I have a whole evolutionary logic thing I posted a while ago but I’ll just Summaraize it. It’s that Feraligtr is drastically different from Totodile and Croconaw in body shape, size, weight, and overall ergonomics. Croconaw seems like a bulky version of Totodile so it’d just feel like a nice boost in power with a little size difference.

Feraligtr is much heavier so when Bigjaw tries to charge in head first with his new found strength, he’ll end up getting utterly wrecked. Then he would actually have to train himself properly and put in some actually thought when it comes time to battle until he’s used to his new form. Who knows, this new form train I could even help him be less reckless and aid in the role as a guy who takes all the damage.

This could also be applied to Aeterna since Balzikein is much more different from Torchic. In fact, the middle evolution would serve as a challenge to Aeterna because it’s more catered to Blazikien because of the new found strength and overall body type.

I may just be full of it though so feel free to shoot this down if you think this idea should be locked away and never be brought up again