1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon: Rainbow Superstars (WavePearlxSugar)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, May 20, 2017.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

A typical Miracolore concert would feature them mainly playing instruments, but there were songs that one member would sing while the others played, and some where they all sang together.

But at some point during the show, the group would sing into tiny vocoders on their headset mics, altering their voices into a Vocaloid-type sound to create a futuristic effect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    The concert seemed to be more set up than usual and Alyssa got a bit excited. She was really curious about the Vocaloid part, as it was something she used to mimic when she was younger. Nevertheless, Alyssa was fidgeting around as she waited for Miracolore to come out and for the concert to start.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(For the purposes of this RP, any anime song, game song, Vocaloid song, song from American/European cartoons, and instrumentals are acceptable for characters' songs)

The group used the digitized voices to voice animated characters called the Digimiris, which they often made shorts of for their fans and the Internet in general to enjoy.

Today, though, they were kicking off the concert with their best known Digimiri song: "Satisfaction"

Get out on the floor! It's time to move your feet!
    Let the rhythm move you, wave your hands in the air!
    Ash and Serena kicked off the song.

So let us all forget our troubles and our cares! Misty and Brock joined in.
    And let the music play, play it all night long...

#23 May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  4. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Very well. Also very nice song selection.)

Alyssa was astounded as she watched the concert, then she thought to herself.

"These idols are way more talented than i could've ever imagined. It'll take years to even learn those skills, much less match them. Nonetheless, I'll learn this one step at a time and slowly find where I belong in the Idol world. But for now, I'll simply enjoy the concert...they don't miss a beat, it seems.

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

The audience exploded in screams and cheers at the song's introduction--while Brock was the one that had originally written it and performed it, it had since become Miracolore's best known song.

Aha! Gotcha! I see that saddened face
    Your broken heart, giving up on the world!
    Serena sang in character as her Digimiri, Digishine.
    Why do you quit, when you just didn't try?
    But you only sigh, and the tears begin to fall!

If you look without a plan
    What kind of answer will you find?
    It's before you, if you only see...
    Misty sang as her Digimiri Digiwave, making a burst of pixilated waves burst into the room.

Get out on the floor! It's time to move your feet! the group sang again, Misty's Star Power giving the group's voices an echo.
    So let us all forget our troubles and our cares!

If you look around, there's so much you can see!
    There's a world to explore, so where do you begin?
    Lift up your voice and sing, the satisfaction's there
    Trust me, it brings you joy, hope, and happiness!

(The group's Digimiris, in order:

Digifire (Ash's Digimiri; he sounds like a lower pitched Len Kagamine)
    Digiwave (Misty's Digimiri, she sounds like a higher pitched Meiko)
    Digijewel (Brock's Digimiri, he sounds like a higher pitched and more powerful Kaitou)
    Digishine (Serena's Digimiri, she sounds like a lower pitched Miku Hatsune)

6. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa once again spoke to herself while watching the performance.

"This is the most wondergul performance I've seen in my entire life...I haven't seen anything quite like it...I'm at a complete loss for words. Okay, I might be exaggerating just a little bit, but these Idols are absolutely phenomenal."

Alyssa herself began cheering and clapping along with everyone else. She knew that something magical would happen very soon.

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(Star Powers are basically appeals in this universe--you'll learn more in your Performance class with Brock)

After an interlude, the boys sang the next verse, Ash doubling Brock an octave above. As all the laughter echoes around you,
    You hang your head, and try to hide the tears
    True happiness is waiting here for you!
    But somehow, you don't even know that it's there!

Come with me on this journey,
    I would like to see you smile!
    Even if it's only just a little grin...
    Serena sang, creating a burst of flashing lights in the room, making the group's voices echo again as they sang:

Get out on the floor! It's time to move your feet!
    So let us all forget our troubles and our cares!

If you look around, there's so much you can see!
    There's a world to explore, so where do you begin?
    Lift up your voice and sing, the satisfaction's there
    Trust me, it brings you joy, hope, and happiness!

The group took a bow as Serena's Star Power wore off...

8. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Alrighty.)

Alyssa clapped and cheered along with all the other student Idols. She was more than impressed with the top Idols performances. She wondered how much she could learn from them. She hoped she wouldn't learn too much all at once and she definitely didn't want to fall behind in any of her performance classes. Nevertheless, Alyssa was a quick and eager learner, so she would try her best to stay on pace with every other Idol in the academy.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(are we ready to move on to the actual classes, or do you want to see more of the concert?)

10. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (Yes, let's begin those classes.)

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

The academy hummed with activity as the students woke up, got ready, and headed to the first class of the day. For Alyssa, that was Performance 101

The Performance classroom was wide and spacious, with a large open stage to allow Brock room to perform and have access to the chalkboard.

He did have a more private nook near the stage area, where he kept his instruments, spare costumes, and other props, and a teacher's desk to grade work and exams in peace.

For the moment, he was organizing his notes for the day's first lesson--what Star Powers were, and how to use them.

Once sure his notes were organized by which period he would need them, he tuned his own guitar--he usually played it as the students arrived, but he did use it during lessons on Note Star Powers and practicing

"Just take a seat anywhere for now." he assured a new arrival as he tuned.

In the back part of the large room, two Vulpixes looked in at the arriving students from the safety of their enclosure. Typically, Brock would only allow them out or the students to handle them if they had finished their work and had nothing else to do. He would feed them, brush them and clean the litter pan before students arrived, although many of the students often pitched in with their care. Posters explaining how to care for them decorated the walls around their enclosure, down to brushing technique and what food and toys were safe to give them.

Hinata, the normal Vulpix, was the more active one, while Yuki, the pure white Alolan Vulpix, was more laid back. They looked forward to meeting new students as much as their master did, and this group was no different.

As more students started to arrive, Brock returned to his waiting guitar to finish tuning it, giggling all the while at Yuki batting a ball around the enclosure.

The two Vulpixes were considered the class pets, and students taking performance classes eagerly pitched in to take care of them. Of course, Brock had left instructions on their care, written with his playful sense of humor:

"If you hear a funny noise in the room, it's probably the Vulpixes."

"Let them sniff you first before attempting to pet them--I will not be responsible for any burnt and/or frozen fingers."

12. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa quickly scanned the room, found an empty sear and sat down. One of the Vulpix went up to Alyssa. This one had a rather snowy complexion compared to the normal red Vulpixes you would usually see. Nevertheless, she pet the Vulpix, and smiled...the Vulpix seemed to take a liking to her.

"Okay, maybe this class won't be as bad as I thought. Now I'm excited to learn everything I can so I can become an Idol."

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

Once all the students were present, the bell rang to start class. "Good morning, all, and welcome to Performance 101." Brock began. "I am Brock of Miracolore, your host and your guide through the at times wonderful and at times terrifying world of showbiz. In this class, you'll be putting everything you learn in your other classes together to create a complete show, as well as how to leave a lasting impression on your fans, no matter what your idol path is."

He then started a pack of index cards down the row. "So we'll start with getting to know each other a bit. When you get an index card, write your name, what your preferred idol path is, and something interesting about you."

14. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa took her index card and passed it to the student behind her and began filling it out. She filled out her name, her preferred idol path, but stopped at the last part.

"Something interesting about me? I have absolutely no idea what I should write, cause I'm not even sure what's interesting about me. Oh, there is one thing that separates me from everyone else here. There we go, that should be sufficient enough."

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(What did Alyssa write?)

16. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    (A blurb about how she was a junior Idol at one point when she was younger, but had to quit due to unknown reasons.)

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

(Okay)

After Brock collected the index cards, he jumped into his planned lecture for the day. "As you probably read in the class schedule and policies, this class is less about seeing and more about doing--in other words, while there is some lecturing involved, you'll get a chance to get up close and personal with the topics we'll be exploring. Being an idol is more than singing and wearing a cool or cute costume--you will often be asked to wear many different hats. Singer, dancer, actor, instrumentalist, model, pitchman--or pitchwoman...an idol often is all this and more. This is also why many new idols often get burnout in the first year."

Murmurs of agreement wafted through the room. "But the driving force and heartbeat behind every idol's performance is what is called a Star Power." Brock went on, writing the term on the chalkboard, then decorating it with a ring of stars. "Before I tell you what the proper definition of a Star Power is, how do you think you would explain them to the average person on the street?"

18. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Alyssa's eye twitched a bit as she thought to herself.

"That's a really good question. How would you explain Star Power to an average person on the street? It's one of those questions that really keep you up at night and make you curious. I'll be wracking my brain about this for the next few minutes until he tells us the proper way to do it...hopre my mind doesn't hurt too much while thinking about it."

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    @Sugar

Hands went up everywhere as students gave enthusiastic answers to Brock's question. "Your love and passion for the song and making music?" an auburn haired girl suggested.

Brock nodded and wrote the description under the term. "That's a great definition...how else can we describe a Star Power??"

"Appealing to your fans!" a boy with sandy blonde hair grinned.

"Projecting your feelings about the song on your audience?" a brown haired girl suggested.

After writing down a few other suggestions, Brock studied the list. "You guys came up with some great definitions, which all touch on parts of the proper definition of a Star Power. A Star Power is a unique magic in an idol's heart that manifests in different ways depending on the song they are performing and the costume they're wearing. You can use a Star Power to appeal to the audience..." He acknowledged the blonde haired boy with a nod. "...projecting your emotions onto the audience..." He acknowledged the brown haired girl. "...as well as manifesting your passion for the music in a visible fashion." He acknowledged the auburn haired girl.

20. Sugar

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    A light went off in Alyssa's head.

"I learned something back in my Junior Idol days that was eerily similar to the Star Power we're learning about now. Wait a minute...that's it! I think I got something, so here goes nothing. Hope I'm not wrong and embarrass myself in front of the entire class."

Alyssa unconsciously shot up her hand.