1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Switch 2019 to have 'Many New Pokémon'

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    According to Ishihara, The Pokémon Company CEO, the next Switch title coming during the second half of 2019 (if all goes to plan) will feature "many new Pokémon" which is the first time we've gotten confirmation of such a thing. He also stated that it'll have better graphics than any previous title, and won't be anything like Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee.

So, who's excited for Gen 8?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Blair_Chandra

Blair_Chandra Torchic Queen

Blaze
    (Combusken)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Doot doot! All aboard the H y P e T r A i N.
    Would "new Pokémon" include more evolutions do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Me! Mememe me MEEEE.

Please Pokémon. All I ask for is more Mega Evolutions.
    My poor baby shuckle.

4. DoctorAlakazam

DoctorAlakazam Contributor

First Try :]
    (Chansey)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,471.0
    Helix Fossil ★★★
    How will a mega improve shuckle megas don't get stat boost in hp which is the only reaf buff shuclke could make use of stat wise its defenses are already nearly as high as possible and all its others stats are so unusable they would need all 100 mega stat points in them to be considered even good by todays standards also pretty sure pokemons done with megas considering how they completely try to shove them aside in gen 7

5. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    It better not be- I'd be hecka mad because LGPLGE honestly seem like paper-thin in terms of enjoyablity to long term fans (they are way over causal)

I mean LGPLGE is PoGo without walking

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    That's a huge generalisation for a game we know very little about tbh. You explore a very aesthetically pleasing fully fledged region with Pokémon following behind you, battles against trainers, co-op play with other trainers in-game, and we can see it has some kind of proper story arch going on too. Pokémon has none of that.

LGPLGE is a game based on Yellow version with GO mechanics - not Pokémon GO.

7. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Where exactly did you get the "proper story arc" part from? The previous Pokémon games all had it to anyway, technically. If there's a story, there's some sort of arc to it; even if it's as curved as a Porygon.

Also, I think it's WAY too early to get hyped. We still got like a year-and-a-half to go until they come out.

8. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Personal preference makes me disagree- best way to describe it is that its too soft (I know that's kinda vague as your opinion was but for an example some people are turned off of playing fighter games with anime style characters because they dislike the style- I dislike this games style)

In one of the most basic regions ever using reused assets- I mean its better not to waste them but I have a strong feeling this walking with Pokémon won't be returning in the true core game (It would take a lot of space to do so- which would likely cause a ton of lag possibly worse then SMUSUM- this game can handle it because its only 151~)

Likely to face massive simplification to match Gen 1 esk battles (No EV training, little to no IVs, no Natures, little to no Abilities, little to no held items ect.)
    Which from the looks of it only the main player has any true control (assumption taking from trailer game play which points to that being the case)
    Oh boy time to beat team rocket for the what 13thish time- if this is going to be a nostalgia appealing-basis to basis esk game like it is heavily pointing to the story will be the same as RBGYFRLG if not simplier, which by the way these games stories honestly sucked

Now thats enough bashing these games because likeliness is I will still buy them but it be like a 1 time playthrough, pick up to pass time thing- the same role PoGo plays for me

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Proper story arc can mean ANY story, which GO has none of. You can see this in the trailer.

It's also too early to be criticising the games based on the little we know about them, too.

All of the 3D Pokémon games look like this. I doubt you'll like the next core game either since it's likely just going to have this 'soft' style but visually upgraded.

And? My point is that it's a proper explorable map. Pokémon GO is incredibly flat textures with little to no detail (which is fine, but you can't compare the two in this way).

This is not a remake. It's based in the Kanto region, but they have the freedom to change and add to the story however they deem fitting. Sure, it's likely going to be the same formula as the other games have followed, but that's not really Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee's fault, that's just how ALL of the games go. You have to look at the bigger picture here since the core game in 2019 will probably have the same old formula story-wise too.

10. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    I get that a lot of people are unhappy about Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, and honestly, so was I when it was first announced. But now that I think about it I think this is the BEST move that Nintendo could have done with this franchise.
    With so many leaks and rumors going around, they had to announce something. And so we have a spin-off (that's been dubbed main line but that's another story for another time), a little mobile game-ish free to play game for the switch, and confirmation for a massive Gen 8.
    The fanbase for Pokémon Go is absolutely overwhelming, and drew in a lot of people who knew jack about Pokémon. Heck, there are fans of Pokémon go that have been arguing about whether darkrai is a real Pokémon or not, so it's obvious that these newer players aren't exactly up to speed. And that's perfectly fine! Let's Go combines elements of more mainline games and Pokémon Go, which makes it an AWESOME stepping stone for newer players or really old players that need to get reacquainted with the games.
    Then we get to the topic of this post: Switch 2019. Let's Go allows the Pokémon team to really flesh out Gen 8 which I'm ALL for! I'd rather get a semi-game that'll tide me over until the big installment than get a rushed Pokémon game that no one would be happy with.
    Also Pokémon Quest. This is my own opinion, but I love Pokémon Quest.
    I for one welcome our new Pokémon overlords.

Arctiquaza likes this.
  11. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Proper Story Arc I feel is a bad description because "Proper" imply's a good story- a heroes journey, Go has no story yes but these games seem to preform the same goal Go is trying to as well: passing time through a simple game- simple games tend to have no story or very very little.

Proper Story Arc is something that can really only belong to the story heavy games like Gen 5 as a whole, Platinum, GSC to some degree, Delta episode, ect.

I was not very pleased with SMUSUM because the style was sorta-soft, XYORAS on the other hand I really liked because it was still "cute, kid friendly" but not looking like it got thrown in the kawaii blender like these games did

I'm not trying to compare Go to this point but rather other Main Games considering this is a Core-Hybrid

It is actually a remake-as stated by many sources HOWEVER it has been also said in the same sources that that the story will be altered (I mean it has to fit in Eevee being a starter for example)- this however can be made complex OR simplified and can only be speculated at this time.... So both ways are right I suppose :/

I agree very very much believe it or not :) !
    I never intended to get into such a heated discussion about LGPLGE
    All I have been trying to really say about this current topic is as such:

I'm excited and hoping that because of LGPLGE "babying" we'll get a true game we've been well overdue since end of gen 3-gen 4 (That LGPLGE as Canpake said will be the stepingstone) and if these new games babied us I'd be very very mad

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I'll take back my comment calling it a "proper" story because my wording is misleading. It has *a* story. GO does not. You were comparing it to GO.

That's fair. I personally think X/Y looks awful compared to Sun and Moon, so I understand your opposing view.

Can you find a source on this from Nintendo/TPC? Even in their conference, I'm 90% sure they said it was not a remake, but based upon Yellow version. Heck, even Serebii's confirmed info post on their forums says it's inspired - not a remake. I can't find any legit sources saying it's a remake, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

13. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    "Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu & Let's Go, Eevee are the first mainline Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch. These games are remakes of (Yellow) and so are games set in the Kanto Region following an altered version of the game's story." Serebii

In terms of Nintendo Based sourcing- I have none at the moment >-< I'll try to find one but considering the main site for the games says nothing either way- I feel I'll fall flat this is the moment I wish serebii was like wikipedia so I could find the source they got there info from

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I think that's poor wording choice on their part. Even their 'confirmed' info post states it's inspired by, nothing about a remake.

15. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    From my quick fact checking it does look like poor wording (Other cases also seem to use "remake" losely) so you win this one. :P

Well to hope to get this thread back on track will the New Pokémon in LGPLGE be perhaps a new Mythical that could be traded into these games? Will these games lack a lot of new Kanto Pokémon (assuming that these games will have some compatibility) and most importantly:

will Gen 7 Pokémon be able to be trading into those games, or will will have a Gen 3 all over again?

16. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    @ Ben & Apawn
    I gotta say you discussion was super interesting to read, haha.

About the original topic–
    OH BOY im so hyped for thooooose
    Though...
    I really hope they didn’t give up on PMD ;w;

Apawn likes this.
  17. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    I mean considering that we already know that Let's Go is going to be playable at E3, I doubt that they'll talk about the game for too long at E3 (probably just a little mention), and I doubt that we'll get much more info on the 2019 game.
    PMD has been known to come out every 3 years, so if we DO get a new PMD it'll be most likely to come out this year! Hopefully! And if it does have a reveal at E3, I'm dishing out a fat 60$ to get that game for my switch. i want it so bad.

Gwoomy likes this.
  18. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I'm always hyped for new Pokémon lol, more to draw. I'm not going to be playing any Switch games, but I'm excited about them all the same. I'm interested to see how the graphics turn out :o

19. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I'm excited to see the new region and new Pokémon, it's a shame they'll be spoiling almost all of them before release, but it's something that keeps the hype train going.

I'm expecting around the same amount of Pokémon Sun and Moon introduced, but who knows, it could be more! (Or less)

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The many new pokémon makes me hope we'll get 100+ but at the same time that's probably too much to hope for, but I'm really looking forward to this game and hoping it'll be the best one yet since they have so much they can do with Pokémon moving to the Switch.