1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Pokémon Sword Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Arctiquaza, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Hello, and welcome to my Nuzlocke!

It’s been awhile since I’ve been online, but I might stick around for a bit to post the nuzlocke progress, and look at other things now that I’m finished with the story and not worried about spoilers.

I had already started this, and played a bit before I decided to post it, so I’ll fill you all in.

• I start the game, naming my character Sacapuntas, which means pencil sharpener in Spanish. I’m going to be naming all my Pokémon similarly in Spanish.

• I choose Scorbunny, name it Bolígrafo, and get through the rival battle with no trouble.

• Mash A through all the intro stuff, and head to route 1 to catch my first Pokémon. I see a brilliant Rookidee spawn as I approach, and immediately run to get it. I named her Gata. And of all egg moves to get, she has Sand Attack. At least she has good IVs.

• On Route 2 I caught a Nickit, named her Española.

• Finally get to wild area, and begin the catching spree.

• I catch a Minccino in a non-overworld spawn. Risky, but I think it payed off. Named him Frío.

• Caught a Pancham. Named her Pierna.

• I see a Dwebble in the tall grass, and go for it. “A strong looking Dwebble appeared!” Cue panic. It’s above my catching level, so that’s an encounter wasted. I decide against switching out Scorbunny, since it’s probably gonna one shot any of my Pokémon at this point, and Bolígrafo has the best chance of running. He failed, but Dwebble uses a weak move and Bolígrafo takes it. I try again, knowing I should switch, but I didn’t. Bolígrafo faints. I switch to Pierna, and manage to get away. Starter down, and before the first gym.

• I start to panic a bit, since I was going to rely on Bolígrafo for the first gym.

• I catch a Tympole named Irlandesa. I let autocorrect choose that one.

• I see a Vulpix and go for it, needing another fire type. She’s one level higher than my current lead, so I snag her and put her up front. I named her Lápiz in honor of Bolígrafo.

• I decide all the other areas are probably too high level for me to catch anything, so I head to Motostoke after a bit of training.

And that’s all that’s happened so far! I’ll keep y’all updated!

Lápiz (Level 15)
    Pierna (Level 12)
    (Nickit) Española (Level 12)
    Frío (Level 11)
    (Rookidee) Gata (Level 14)
    Irlandesa (Level 13)

(Scorbunny) Bolígrafo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Welcome back to the nuzlocke!

I'll also be doing some playing on the Discord server voice chat every once and awhile, so feel free to hop in and keep me company!

• I started out doing some grinding, just to be sure.
    • Beat up some Team Yell members, and attended the gym leader showcase.
    • Beat Hop easily, and headed to Route 3.
    • The trainer with a Circle Throw Pancham threw me for a loop (haha) since multiple of my Pokémon were weak to Fighting. I took a gamble and hit a Sing with Frío. Then it did a first turn wake up. I managed to beat her by luck, since she pulled in Gata, which allowed me to deal the final blow.
    • Caught a Trubbish, named her Ciénaga, and sent her off to the box.
    • I switch Irlandesa up front for the upcoming tunnels
    • Gata evolved!

• Caught a Drilbur, who I named Cuchillo, and sent to a box.
    • I switch Española up to the front for the battle against Bede
    • I easily get through Bede, and continue on, putting Lápiz back up front.
    • Española evolved!
    • Caught a Galarian Meowth in Route 4, named her Cartón
    • I easily blast through the first gym with Vulpix, and get my first badge!
    • I head back over to Route 4 to beat all the trainers I skipped and level up a bit.
    • Finally continuing on, I head to Route 5 and catch a Drifloon! You know the drill by now, I named her Pistola, and sent her to a box.
    • Stopped by the nursery to pick up Toxel, now known as Dardo.
    • I sweep through the rival battle, and continue on.
    • I swap Dardo in, so I can train him for the gym battle. I send Frío to the box, and to a poke job so he can keep up a bit.
    • Then I head back to the Wild area to do some grinding.
    That's all for now!

(Corvisquire) Gata lvl 24
    Pierna lvl 22
    (Thievul) Española lvl 23
    (Toxel) Dardo lvl 16
    Lápiz lvl 25
    Irlandesa lvl 23
    Ciénga lvl 13
    Cuchillo lvl 11
    (Galarian Meowth) Cartón lvl 14
    Pistola lvl 19
    Frío lvl 22