1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon TCG and TCGO Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Vigilance, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    [​IMG]

This thread is for you guys to fill up with discussion for the Trading Card Game and it's Online version! I hope you guys find this useful! :]

You can use this to discuss cards/decks, values, trade with others and also any news! If we find enough interest for trading or a specific aspect of the game, we'll make a thread specifically for that! ​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Lexatom and Laserdragon14 like this.
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I do not actively partake in the game (I have no idea how new rules go, I stopped paying attention at the introduction of LV X's) however I am/was a collector. I have a few old/rare cards in my collection, such as holographic Base/Fossil/Jungle/Rocket/Gym cards, event cards, a few Shiny cards, and a small amount of full arts.
    I used to play PTCG Online but my internet can not handle the game anymore and for whatever reason I can not access my account even on the main website OR re-download the game (I had deleted it as my internet wouldn't let it open)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    OMG YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS

The LV modern TCG master has arrived.

I started collecting cards since the beginning of Gen 4. I still own 2 Arceus Tins, which are probably my favourite cards from that era. Since then, I got really attracted to EX cards, despite being terribly overpowered in some cases, because of their rarity (Arceus never got an EX card, which saddened me). Mega EXs were just mental.

Then GX cards arrived. At first, I, along with a bunch of others, didn't like how overpowered they were, being able to KO Megas in 1 attack. However, I was attracted by the new Rainbow Rare cards, which replaced the Secret Rares, and I have packed 6 so far: Pheromosa, Darkrai, Buzzwole, Kommo-o, Silvally and, best of all, Tapu Lee.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    I've been getting back into the TCG (online at least), but it took me a day or so to learn my way around the new rules.

I have been lucky to pull a Glaceon GX from the new set a few days ago, and I did win my first event tournament over the weekend (using the Bright Tide deck)

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    If I have one complaint about Pokémon TCG is that they seem to want to make you buy the newest cards since they are overpowered compared to the old cards. Such as the original Charmander had like 50 health and the newest Charmander now has 60, 70, or maybe even 80 health.

6. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    What do you guys think about some of the legendary Pokémon whether it being GX or EX?

7. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    They all have a good design, at least as Full-Art. But I think some are way too strong, compared to others. And there way too many of these, and as I said they're too strong. In my opinion, they are break the game.

8. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    They made it to where you have to have Pokémon that are immune to them or have the legendaries themselves in all of your decks, most of the ex's were fine, but the majority of the gx's are op onto themselves (Without the help of items and other things). I think they should make it to where you could have only one gx in a deck (As they have done with prism Pokémon) as a way to sort of nerf them, but what do I know?

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    That is actually a decent Idea! But I would say that max. 3 cards are allowed, or to make them weaker.
    And actually, you have to use them to win. As for myself, I always needed a Gx/ Ex-card to defeat them.

10. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    What is everyone's TCGO username?
    Mine is, of course, Laserdragon14, for my sanity's sake and so I don't have to keep up with a bunch of different usernames.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I started playing the TCGO game, but I wasn't able to do much before my firewall started blocking the game's service, which rendered it completely unplayable. Which is a shame, because I was actually starting to get into the actual gameplay of the TCG for the first time ever. But now I'm just back to occasionally getting the cards to add to my collection. I don't even remember how many cards I have, but its definitely somewhere over a thousand.

12. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    So did anyone go to the Celestial Storm Prerelease? I did and got my first loss in a long time 1-2-0.

I got donked 1st round by weakness

2nd round I forgot to put down prizes (or I picked them up IDK) but was losing anyways

3rd I set up like a beast and won super fast

Pulled the Delcatty Promo which was the rarest but probs good only in prerelease (Or as a one of in decks that use Ditto Prism Star)

Also
    Pyroar seems hecka good in expanded (I theorize anyways), play three Immune to basics and one Item/Supporter Immune and 4 Breaks- you have immunity to night march and can hit 210 with choice. Its costly energy wise but you have good energy turbo options. I might try to make it because it seems soooo good

13. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    pyroar is annoying and good, since I play expanded most of the time cause I want to be able to make my decks with what I have rather than remember the rules and what is not banned in a certain format

14. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Nah,but now we have Tag Team cards! ...I hate them, though what's your guys opinion?

15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I've been collecting TCG cards for as long as I can remember, but I didn't get into the card game until 2015. I learned how to play the TCG while watching the 2015 world tournament. I am no competitive player, but because of the way I learned how to play, I do have a competitive eye. I used to play the online version, but it just wasn't as satisfying as playing in person and I kind of phased out of it after having no one to play with. I could get back into the online version though.

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I don't recall if I've ever actually played the TCG with the proper rules. My friend and I would play using our own simplified version that ignored Energy Cards when we were young and I haven't really played since. I do have quite the collection, though.

17. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I’ve never played the game with proper rules. As a kid, whenever I bought a pack of Pokémon cards (which was rare), I usually threw out the item and energy cards and only kept the Pokémon. I battled only using the Pokémon and ignored the card whenever it said anything about discarding an energy or search your hand for an item.
    I used to play the online version (the app on my ipad) but eventually it got really boring and it was hard to get coins to buy booster packs. Not to mention I’m terrible at the game. I still have a decently large collection of cards I don’t use. I haven’t bought any since 2014.