1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spinoffs Pokémon Trading Card Game (GBC)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG]

Was anyone else as addicted to this game as I was? I spent so many hours trying new decks and collecting cards, then creating a new file to start everything over. One of the more unforgettable experiences from my childhood. For those of you who played, what starter deck did you choose?

Do you remember the classic Imakuni theme?? :>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Swan

Swan Tuber

Caterpie
    (Caterpie)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12.0
    yeah I loved it, beat the first and 2nd one even though it was japanese only, collected all the cards etc.

crazy how i hate playing the trading card game IRL, but as a video game im completely fine with it.

3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I can't really remember what pack I chose, but the little time I did have this game I played it a lot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I think this game is probably the only time I actually enjoyed playing the Pokémon TCG. I borrowed it from a friend but I finished it before I had to give it back...I have it on my 3DS actually, since it's on the Virtual Console now. I've been meaning to play it at some point, because honestly I can't remember any of it. xD;

I DO remember being extremely miffed that the sequel wasn't released outside of Japan, though...

5. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I never knew it was an actual game!!! I thought this was going to be about the physical card game

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I wouldn't be surprised if I tried all the starting decks with all the times I've restarted the game. I remember using the Bulbasaur deck a lot- Venusaur's ability was great- adjusting damage around to lessen knock out chances..
    I don't remember full decks I used, but I do remember I was fond of fast/heavy hitters like Electrabuzz/Hitmonchan/Magmar and Alakazam/Venusaur/Raichu..
    I never beat the game, but once made it to the 4 Masters and the Rival.. Man it got super hard..

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I played that a lot when it got released and I absolutely loved it, it also helped me learn the card game basics. I remember obtaining all the cards which took forever. I picked the Charmander deck when I started the file and having loads of fun building all sort of decks. I even downloaded it for the Virtual Console when they ported it over to DS, I haven't finished all the albums there yet tho.