1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokeathlon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ShiroLugia, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Remember this thing in HG and SS? I loved it! It was so fun! How often did you play and participate in the Pokeathlon? I played till I unlocked that room with the gold statue-- I was really into it and used whatever Pokémon I could by boosting their stats etc. I loved the frisbe game!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,622.7
    It was a cool idea, if the controls were a bit finicky. The stylus controls were a big turn off for me, so I only really played it once or twice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    it was a decent game, and I like the variety it added to what you can do with your Pokémon, though I agree controls and scoring were a bit of a turn off. I think I did unockthe gold room once, but I rarely had thatlevel of patience. It was a nice game corner style event to do though, since you could win point to use in the store.

4. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Ah, I love the Pokeathlon Dome! I loved it so much that I strove for the golden room, and ended up claiming these statues! It was fun to be competitive in a new kind of way, showing the ultimate bond between you and your Pokémon.

5. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Hoo boy... So many lost hours there haha.

I absolutely adored the Pokeathlon dome. At first, it wasn't as easy due to needing to get used to the controls but after a bit I got really into the events. Picking a favourite would definitely be hard, I'd say probably the frisbees or the racing track would've been my favourite event! Still, to this day I struggle on that flag one grumble grumble

In the end though it was all worth it to reach the gold room, for it'd prove I was triumphant! And who knows? Maybe I'll one day go back and try them out again!

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Getting to that gold room was a day to remember. I was so unbelievably happy with the results. I still remember it very fondly and still think it that if it makes its return I would put in a lot of hours to replay it again and again. My favorite game was probably Circle Push or Hurdle Jump, the most hated Pennant Capture (those dastardly flags). Also, the shop in the Pokéathlon was really handy with access to evolutionary stones.

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I really enjoyed the Pokeathlon! Some of the minigames were slightly frustrating (like that blasted pennet catching game) but they were fun overall and provided a great alternative to obtaining evolution stones and other useful battle items through the rewards system. It was also nice seeing the different unlockable rooms you could see and the golden statue at the end with your Pokémon's accomplishments.

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I only watched my friend play the Pokeathlon since I couldn't afford the game, I loved the look of the events and they seemed very fun. Also I love a lot of the interaction that could be achieved between Pokémon and trainer seemed so brilliant. I really hope they continue this some day or add some of the pokeathelon onto the contests since they were so basic in oras. I loved a lot of the speed games, hard or not they seemed so fun!

9. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Does anyone remember how good Sunkern was? The Pokémon with the lowest BST in the game is one of the best Pokémon in the Pokeathelon. Logic=Where? Anyway, yeah I loved the Pokeathelon so much when I played HGSS. I played it constantly with my friends. We had competitions to see who could get through the events the fastest. If only there was a multiplayer mode (I remember that there wasn't)

10. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I thought this was a neat addition to the game, as everyone above seems to agree.

While I primarily spent my SS hours battling and breeding/training, I clocked many hours in the PokeAthlon as a break between the long hours of training. SS was probably one of my favorite games of all time because of the PokeAthlon, actually :)