1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

pokemon 2019 speculations

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Aiko, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    What do you think will happen? Where do you think it will be? What do you want to happen/hope will happen? Do you think this game will handhold you as much as sumo?(if you think sumo did at all) Not much is known so far except its a main game, but I dont think much else is known so far! the possibilities are endless!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,385.6
    Alright, here are my predictions for a potential game this year. Note that these are not my wants or desires, these are what I think will happen:
    -The next game will not be Sinnoh remakes, but rather a new region
    -The catching system will be borrowed from Pokémon Let's Go (much to my chagrin)
    -The graphics will be amazing
    -There will be a lot of hand-holding with no way to skip through the tutorial
    -There will be ~80 new Pokémon or so
    -Gyms will be back
    -Customization options will be better than ever
    -Another change will come to combat, similar to that of Mega Evolutions and Z Moves. Maybe a held item that changes the abilities of Pokémon?
    -There will be another generational gimmick feature that will come and go, similar to that of the Sinnoh Underground, Unova Dream World, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    * If not Sinnoh remakes, the region will be based on a place that isn't Japan, New York, Paris, or Hawaii. Perhaps a different part of the world that is more humid, or a hotter environment (as we have had colder regions and Alola wasn't shown to be super hot besides a volcano).
    * The world will be bigger, but not to the same extent of Breath of the Wild.
    *It'll keep Let's Go's visible wild Pokémon, and a new way to shiny hunt. (or might bring back a older shiny hunting trick)
    *Wild battles will be back, but the Pokéball throwing will be like Let's Go.
    * Option to skip tutorials on old concepts but no skipping on new things so players don't miss it without realizing.
    * Optional hard mode
    * More customizations for players, maybe even some jewelry and more makeup choices.
    * All Pokémon can follow the player, not just the 151 originals
    * Some old battle types return- such as Rotation or Triple (but only for certain trainers that you can skip optionally)
    * More Pokémon get anime cries

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I think the next region might be in some place in Europe like England.
    Gyms and normal wild battles are back.
    Pokémon following you.
    A difficulty setting.
    A skippable tutorial.
    A decent post game.
    Hopefully, at least 100 new Pokémon.
    A lot of good songs.
    Maybe after the main games come out then the Sinnoh remakes will come out.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    What I think will happen:
    - Battle mechanics will be similar to that of LGPE *sigh*
    - Around 70-90 new Pokémon, with probably around 7 legendaries/mythicals.
    - Kanto and it's Pokémon will once again get some sort of special treatment, unfortunately.
    - New eeveelutions.
    - Gyms will return
    - Customisation will return

What I hope happens:
    - Pokémon follow you
    - We finally get a darn Dolphin Pokémon.
    - Region based on either Australia or Africa. A South American inspired region would be nice too.
    - Difficulty settings
    - More region variants of Pokémon, and this time focus on Pokémon from regions other than freaking Kanto.

... I'll add more when I can think of them.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    What I Predict:
    More limited customization options.
    Around 80 new Pokémon with the rest of the Pokédex comprising of older species.
    A region based on another European country.
    A lighter tutorial due to player backlash of Gen 7.
    Let’s Go connectivity.
    Another postgame that largely consists of a short quest (like the delta episode), shiny hunting, and competitive battling.
    Around 12 legenderies.
    Multiple characters coming back as cameos.
    Another new battling mechanic.
    Every legendary being obtainable in the post game with increased shiny odds.

What I Hope:

At least 100 new Pokémon.
    Adjustable difficulty options.
    A more fleshed out postgame for people not interested in shiny hunting or competitive battling.
    Getting rid of mega evolutions and z moves (wasn’t a big fan of either).
    A fleshed our story with cutscenes that can be skipped with the start button (most games have this nowadays and I’m still not sure why Gamefreak hasn’t done it yet)
    Reducing shiny odds back to what they were.
    A Pokédex size of 300.
    Having more fleshed out sidequests (Gen 7 has these, but they were short and didn’t have very interesting rewards. For the most part at least.)
    A region based on the Pacific Northwest or Alaska.