1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Bank and Transfer

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    i'm pretty sure i had some hacked shinies a freind gave me and they made it through, so the hack check doesn't work too well, i'm assuming. they also made it a bit of a pain to transfer (took me several hours) but overall i'm happy! i have about 550 Pokémon on my x game right now, some of these Pokémon i've had for over 5 years! i'm gonna take the time to finally complete the Pokédex now that i've been able to transfer everything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I'm assuming the hack check is more for illegally-obtained Pokémon such as Mew, Darkrai, and Genesect, rather than simply forcing shininess. All my shinies went through, because they were simply forced into being shiny, just like the hacked Victini I accidentally transferred was done so in such a way that it tricked the system into thinking it was from the movie pre-order event.

The hack check also looks for Pokémon that know moves that aren't in their movepool. My Dewott with Close Combat wasn't able to transfer, for example. Basically what it's looking for are Pokémon that would otherwise be unobtainable, if you didn't participate in their event. I don't think cheated shinies are much of a concern.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    So I decided to brush the dust off of my 3DS (no, literally, there was dust on it lol) and try out Poke Transporter. I wanted to test the hacking system, so I used PokeGen and made a 6IV Ditto with Pokerus at level 100 and it made it through -_-, great job GameFreak ROFL

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Hm, you can't really expect them to make it 100% hack-proof... But after a 2 month delay... Okay, maybe you should expect it...

5. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    Honestly I don't think that Poke Transfer won't get any better than it is. Maybe some legit Pokémon may not be able to pass if Poke Transfer is "fixed".

6. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I got one of those through for my friend, and then he let me keep it :) It's great for breeding and it's Japanese.

7. Kuroida

Kuroida Hex Maniac

Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽40.7
    Pokebank is so enormously frustrating. I'm trying to organize Pokémon in there and every time I finish a box I go to exit and save and it just crashes, thus losing all my progress. They're not even hacked Pokémon. The connection to the server is just so frail I'm scared to do anything in there now because I don't want to waste all that time again...

As for hacks, they'll let them through if the Pokémon is actually possible to obtain. Eg if you have a Pokémon with a move that it should never be able to learn or something it won't let it though. High lvl 6IV shinies should be fine though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.