1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Buddies Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Vigilance, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Pokémon Buddies Feedback Thread

As we have gotten some new toys to play with over LV, I think it would be a good idea if we have a Feedback Thread about the new update. This is different from our wishlist in that we're not asking for new updates but simply letting the staff know our thoughts on what works and what doesn't.

I will keep an updated list of feedback provided with links to staff replies so that people can quickly find what they are looking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I love this new update, it's really gotten me to look and post into other topics that I probably wouldn't have, as well as given me the courage to start my Q and A topic.
    The only issue I have with it is Pokéball usage. And by 'issue' I mean that I don't really know much on it. On the first night I kept pokeballs that I threw and failed, then suddenly would lose a ton after a while. It still happens, me losing pokeballs randomly even if I didn't catch much..although this is slowing down as LV works this out.
    It all simmers down to a question, 'Do I keep the balls that fail a capture, or are they gone for good like in normal games?' I kinda hope that we keep the balls that fail, due to the fact that I have trouble gaining points this early into my time on LV. I, however, understand if its a 1-time use item like in the games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    You lose them upon capture. I think a way to help with this is to introduce some new ways to earn PokéPoints, such as a login bonus.

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Achromatic that's good to hear, thanks for explaining! :)

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I really enjoy this new app for LV! It's letting me become more talkative here on the site.

The only issue I have is the catch rates for some Pokémon. Eevee in particular seems a little finicky, as I've wasted so many expensive Pokeballs on it just to throw a single random standard one and catch it like it's no big deal. That's just me nitpicking though.

Vigilance likes this.
  6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This is purely luck based unfortunately. Rarer mons do have lower capture rates though. I've struggled too! It's just the luck of the cards.

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It's super cool! I love how Pokémon pop up on different threads and you can try to make them your pals.

Thing is though that if a Pokémon escapes on the first ball thrown, it seems to be either stuck that way or continuing to escape if I continue trying to catch it. Seems like if the first Poké Ball doesn't work, you're better off canceling the encounter rather than keep on trying as it'll be a waste of poke balls.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I've experienced this in the early days, but not recently. You just have to be patient and accept that not every ball is gonna work.

Vigilance likes this.
  9. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Right. I don't expect it to.

I'll be giving it another go :)

10. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    What this update should have done to me: Encourage me to be more social and post where I normally wouldn't
    What I really do: Camp out in the Q&A section waiting for Eevee to appear, with 20 Pokeballs I got by asking stupid questions on other people's threads

I love this site XD

I've been catching a lot of Pokémon lately, and I'm starting to see a sort of pattern. Either a Pokémon will only take one ball to catch, or it will absolute devour all your balls and run away. Doesn't seem to be an in-between. Not that I'm complaining, I just recently caught an Abra and a Chansey with one ball. Does this same thing seem to happen to you, though, or is it just me?

#10 Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
  11. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think having the ability to sort, organize, and release mons you have caught would really be useful. I know I'm not the only one who went a little overboard with the legendary eggs and would like to move their other mons around or release some of them for the sake of organization since it gets pretty easy for the page to get cluttered. I'm really glad we can edit nicknames now though. Keep up the awesome work!

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I agree with Bloom; sorting would be a really useful feature. :D

It's been an interesting experience, though; it's kind of like the Safari Zone, only without the ability to 'get closer' or throw PokeBLOCKs at them.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Glad to see that most of you are liking it so far! Now that the shinies are out we are just keeping on going and I have spent so much pp on the catcher that it isn't really funny anymore. But I am loving it at the same time too.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is so good to see people enjoying the app, and I'm enjoying a lot too. Is a good way to encourage people to post so their pokémon can level up and evolve.