1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Catcher Wishlist

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    So, now that most kinks (don't do it) have been worked out, what would you like to see added to the Pokémon Catcher?

We can run suggestions by the developer and get a quote on how much it would cost to add, then fund-raise for them accordingly.

Upcoming Features:
    - Change nicknames of Pokémon

Current Wanted Features & their Cost:
    - Pokémon that appear by local board time (it will match your timezone) & releasing Pokémon - $60

2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Sorting Pokémon seems to be a heavily requested one

- Ability to sort by Dex number
    - Ability to sort by a-z
    - Ability to sort by capture date

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'd like to have access to a list of all Pokémon in the Catcher, and their "appearance rates". Keeping their location a secret would still be nice, but knowing exactly who I'm looking for is also nice

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JadeFox likes this.
  4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    A trade feature would be nice to have. Maybe items like rare candies and evolutionary items to help evolve faster. I haven't evolved any yet, but is there an equivalent to the b button to keep them from evolving? If not, ever stones would be nice too. Maybe giving Pokémon a random level they start with too. It's weird catching a level 1 Pidgeotto and not being able to evolve it for so long.

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    A top trainer list. I noticed we are heading towards an RPG type game. A top trainer list would be interesting that ranked trainers by the highest level Pokémon across LV

Achromatic and JadeFox like this.
  6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I second the trade feature, during the first night that 'LV GO' began I ended up with a few extras (Namely Charmander and Zubat) and I feel that it would be a shame to let them go via Release.

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    A trade feature would be really neat! Perhaps some event exclusive Pokémon to search for (like there being a rare chance to find Azelf on LV's anniversary, Delibird on Christmas, etc.) Seasonal Pokémon could be neat too! If possible, finding eggs that would eventually become random Pokémon with leveling up could be fun.

Achromatic likes this.
  8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Here's some ideas for items:

• Evolution Stones
    • Rare Candy
    • Repel (let's you select a Pokémon to not encounter)
    • Maybe accessories for your Pokémon?

9. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Think Of Having A Item Like Pokebean Or PokéPuff To Increase Attraction Which Will Reduce The Number Of Post To Level Up.

Achromatic likes this.
  10. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    To add to this list:

Evo Items that force Evoution (IE Metal Coat, Kings Rock, ect.)

Mega Stones- Force Permo Mega Evolution would probs be easiest

White Flute- Increased encounter rates with a mon of choice

Poke-Radar: Force Non-Legendary-Non-Event mon to appear when used

Achromatic likes this.
  11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Here are a few things that come to mind, just looking at how the Catcher is implemented, plus a few other thoughts I think may help.

Some of these I have already mentioned, while some of these I only thought of more recently.

• Ability to toggle whether or not your set Buddy appears on your avatar (for some it can blend in, but other times it's rather jarring)
    • Increasing the capture rate if you throw a Ball(s) and it fails to work
    • Certain rarer species (or those with lower success rates) arriving at levels higher than 1
    • Balls not appearing as separate inventory items for each instance (this is more of a Xenforo thing, however - and it may be beyond our current means)
    • Ability to 'de-select' your set Buddy - i.e. go from a set one to none set at all (not quite sure myself what use this would have, but I wanted to test if this currently works, and it doesn't)
    • Receiving alerts if your set Buddy is at a level where it can evolve
    • Receiving extra EXP for starting a topic rather than just making a post
    • Receiving EXP if your post is Liked
    • Receiving EXP for making a profile comment (not just posts)
    • If releasing is implemented in the future, offer some form of compensation, e.g. some amount of EXP to your currently set Buddy
    • Ability to trigger encounters with specific species you can't find, perhaps at some form of PP cost
    • Decreasing likelihood of encountering species you already own (not sure if this is possible, given how the app currently operates)
    • Certain forums or events in which EXP for specific species of Buddies is boosted (for example, if you make posts in the Creative Corner, if your Buddy is an X-type, every post there gets you 2 EXP instead of 1 - or, as a practical example, posts made during events like Postfest count for doubled EXP anywhere)
    • Some sort of gradual effect or bonus for non-active Buddies - like 1 EXP auto-gained per 24 hours - though I'm not sure how effective that would be.
    • Increased EXP for posts that are at or above a certain character length - oh wait, that's just me? Never mind then.

I understand these aren't all ideas that are possible; I just spat out these ideas as they came to mind. I thought of introducing items into the shop that increase EXP, but that largely defeats the purpose so I decided against that.

Wiso Altred, Geroniny and Achromatic like this.
  12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Replace the "Not in your collection" text to a Pokéball. If the Pokéball is filled in, you have it, if it's empty or shaded black, you are missing it.

Gwoomy and Geroniny like this.
  13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Whist this does correlate to the main games, I do feel it might be a bit confusing to newer fans. The current not in your collection text serves its purpose pretty well, imo.

14. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I'm not sure if we have this yet, but trophies for raising your Pokémon to a certain level: a level 25 trophy, level 50 and level 100 trophy. Also, I think it would be cool if LV had its own "Pokémon League!"

15. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    We do need some sort of log in bonus where it affects our Pokémon. Kind of life in those video game apps where 1 log in is something small and then 30 consecutive log in days gives us a huge bump

We also need a "Unique Pokémon Counter" at the top of the "Pokémon Collection" page that updates as we catch new Pokémon/evolve them.

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I had actually thought of the latter two on my own, and was about to post them in this thread, but you beat me to it a long time ago.

I did think about "sorting by current Level" as well, and I don't think that's been brought up - but you probably thought about that one as well. (If you did I lose nothing by stating it, and if you didn't, then hey, new idea!)

17. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    All we need is a trading option :)

18. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Good suggestions guys, keep them coming. :)

19. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    We need a way to order in "Pokémon Collection" by level.

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Sorting is the next on our priority list!