1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon Catcher Wishlist

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Pokémon in your collection influencing your chances with the Catcher. If you have many high-leveled or powerful Pokémon, you're more likely to catch one; if most of yours are low-leveled, it's less likely. Higher leveled Pokémon could perhaps just be viewed as a bonus to the catcher rates of each Pokémon; for example, if someone had all low-leveled Pokémon and threw an Ultra Ball, it would still have a high likeliness for catching; it would just be slightly higher if the person throwing it had many high-leveled Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    What about out-of battle effects? like starmine's with illuminate giving you more chances for rare encounters

Items like the EXP share for non-active mons (1exp share bought from shop for one mon)

Items received by capturing mon? such as "Your oddish was holding a Treasure(potion 2 hp)"

Fusion? 3 clefaries caught can levelup 1 clefairy? would give me a reason to catch mons not in my collection

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I know that I've definitely said this before - mostly because I made a huge list of suggestions! - but I do feel very strongly about the ability to toggle whether or not your currently set Buddy becomes visible over your avatar.
    It can work to blend in during certain situations, but more often than not I've found it distracting. You could do this with 2 options: make your own Buddy not appear (to anyone), and/or make it so that you don't see anyone else's Buddies either.

I might be the only one who believes this, but having some weird creature jump in the way of someone's avatar can really ruin the art, you know?

4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I second Eclipse's request. Maybe it could go in the postbit thing?

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This can be easily added as a toggle and I'll look into it very soon - however we have no intention of moving the Pokémon's current location yet. The postbit is already rather large, and the Pokémon appears in the avatar as a specific design choice to show the bond between the trainer and their Pokémon. A toggle which hides it from the avatar however should be fairly easy to implement. Buddies are also rather large, perhaps they can be scaled down.

Vigilance likes this.
  6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Maybe an item like a Pokeblock that increases the catch rate if you use it on a Pokémon? Mons like Larvitar and Smeargle can be a huge PP sink when trying to catch them, and it'd be sweet to have something that could up your chances a bit :)

7. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    When a Pokémon evolves, not having its previous evolution appear as not caught yet. When Gen 4 comes out and I want to continue my collection of Eevees, for example, I might have already evolved a Vaporeon and an Espeon. This means there would now be four Eevees appearing to me as not caught yet, which would be a waste of my hard-earned Pokeballs. Same with collections like Legendary Eggs. It would be much more helpful if this didn't happen, and make it easier to continue collections like the ones I mentioned.

8. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Maybe we could have a system that gives fully evolved Pokémon a level, like Bellossom being level 10 and being harder to catch, and so on and so on.

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The ability to tell what type of Oddish, Poliwag, Eevee, or whatever you have when you acquire it, so you can tell what it evolves to at the end. That way, you don't have to deal with leveling one up only to find out you got the one you didn't want.
    I would petition something similar for Odd Eggs as well, though for now I think the regular species should have it first. Cubone and Exeggcute have markers denoting which type is which, so I don't see why the others cannot have that too.

Gwoomy likes this.
  10. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Oddish, Poliwag, Eevee and some others, as Pokémon, can evolve into various evolutions. Cubone and Exeggcute are different in that they only have 1 evolution; (Marowak and Exeggutor). The variations you talk about are Alolan Pokémon if I understand you correctly which are completely different Pokémon. Since in the anime, at least, Pokémon with multiple evolutions have to be raised before they evolve into either of their evolutions, I don't think they'll change it here on Lake Valor. The one thing they could do is assign genders since that is how it is determined which Pokémon evolves into what (in some of the cases.)

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I don't see your point, since it's still a chunk of wasted time (you make 72 posts on your Eevee only to find out it wasn't the one you wanted - sucks to be you, right?). And, if what I'm hearing from you people is correct, in the video games you can choose what evolution your creature will follow. You can't do that here; it's set from the moment you catch it.
    So, in essence, your argument is no argument at all.

12. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    ...I'm not saying it isn't a "chunk of wasted time." It does suck, yes. The games work differently. Eevees evolve with items such as Water, Thunder, Fire stones e.t.c. Different Pokémon evolve in different ways. Some need to hold items in the games. Snorunt for instance will evolve into one evolution if it is male and is at the right level while it evolves into another evolution if it is female and is exposed to something called a Dawnstone. Obviously that can't be implemented. I'm guessing since there are various ways to evolve Pokémon, the most blanket way was chosen which was leveling up your Pokémon and it evolving plainly. It kept stuff simple I'm guessing on the back end.

My point was though that iirc, in the animes there was a bit of surprise element involved as the trainer would continue leveling up his/her Pokémon till it just evolved and lo' and behold, you now have an evolution (contingent upon it it coming in contact with a specific item). Since we can't have that item clause, LV still went ahead and let the leveling up happen, only no item was needed. It seemed to me that surprise was what LV was trying to do with the Pokémon that had multiple evolutions. I didn't compare it with the games because all the various types of ways to evolve make it even more complicated.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying if LV wanted to they would have already made it so that we would get Eevee (Umbreon) or Eevee (Jolteon). I'm only speculating as to why it's not the case and whether or not it will happen. There was no argument against your idea.

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    That wasn't how your original statement was read. You said "Because the anime does it like this, I don't think Lake Valor will change it." That was a pretty solid negation of the suggestion in your opinion.

14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Yeah...I was speculating that since the anime is like that, it probably wouldn't happen because of how the anime is based. Never said I didn't like the suggestion or was against it.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Gwoomy likes this.