1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

1x1 Pokemon Conquest: Beautiful Tales of Adventure (WavePearlxsanianisa)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Apr 28, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"Well..." Kotona thought for a moment. "Do you have any talents that could fit in the Ranseian theater? Or do you have a skill that could help the crew?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Lessee..." Meru paused for a moment before answering.
    "I can sing. Anytime, anywhere, and sometimes I don't even know what I'm singing," she said. She was confident about that one because it's the very same reason the people back at her hometown used to enjoy her singing.
    "And I... I can dance too, but seems like my partner here is better at it," Meru continued, this time while holding her only Pokéball. She tossed it and a Galarian Rapidash popped out from it. Pyonta then bowed to the harp player before them, greeting her.

(Used the word "Galarian" instead of "Jaleian" because I'm talking about a regional form)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

Kotona admired the exotic Ponyta. "Well, singing is a good start, and dancing as well, but can you act at all? Comic and heroic roles tend to need to sing."

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Oh, yes, that too. Still need to polish my acting skills, though," Meru said before realizing that she hadn't introduced herself. And when the realization hit her...
    "Ah, where's my manners again? I'm Meru and this is Pyonta. She's a Rapidash from my hometown," she introduced both Pyonta and herself to the lady before them. The white-and-pastel colored unicorn (though Ranseian folks would see her as a kirin) bowed again, this time as a "Pleased to meet you" bow.

(Uh, how should I describe a Galarian Rapidash again? :sweat:)

#24 May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

(similar to a unicorn, but Ranseians would find Pyonta a kirin)

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Ah, aight. It's for the sake of the narration though.)

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"If you would like to learn to act, I'm sure the tennou could teach you how to better your acting." Kotona replied. "Be warned--the Ranseian style of acting is quite different from acting in your homeland."

"You needed me?" a deep brown haired girl asked as she emerged from the dressing area.

"Meru, this is Miyune, our lead heroic actress, or tenjo." Kotona explained. "She can help demystify the Ranseian style of acting, and teach you how to act in our style."

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Meru nodded upon hearing Kotona's explanation. Sure, she's been into everything new she could find during her journey so far, and this one is no exception. Both Meru and her Rapidash then turned to Miyune and bowed to her.

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"Come with me..." Miyune led Meru into one of the actors' wagons, and into her room. "Now...what about Ranseian acting do you want to know about first? This will help me learn where we need to begin lessons."

#29 May 3, 2020
    Last edited: May 3, 2020
  10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Is the wagon wide enough for a Galarian Rapidash to move around? And did the last show have fighting scenes?)

11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

(There is a stable wagon that mounts are transported in. The show they just performed did have fight scenes--both unarmed and armed. Different role types may or may not need to fight.)

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Okay. What Meru does with Pyonta in this scene will be temporary, mainly because she doesn't know about the stable wagon yet)

Realizing that the wagon she's about to enter might not fit a Galarian Rapidash, Meru put Pyonta back in her Pokéball and promptly followed Miyune to her room. And as for Miyune's question...
    "The fighting scenes," Meru answered. "Honestly, I find the last show's fighting scenes just... amazing."

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"Since we specialize in epic adventures, there's going to be fight scenes in some form in every show we do." Miyune explained. "Like everything else in Ranseian theater, Ranseian stage fighting is very stylized, almost akin to a dance. The fighters are encouraged to make the fights look as beautiful as possible."

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Meru paid attention to Miyune's explanations so far, sometimes nodding in understanding.

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"Depending on the role type you play, you will be trained in specific weapons." Miyune explained. "As the tenjo, I mainly have to know swordplay and archery, but I may use a different weapon if the role requires it."

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "I see..." Meru nodded again. Miyune's explanations piqued her interest even further, but she seriously had no idea where to start from.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"So on that note, let us discuss role types." Miyune explained. "Every role in the Ranseian theater has a type, which may in turn have sub-types. But these are different than Pokémon types--rather than being a myriad of conflicting powers, like Pokémon, the types of roles work together to create a cohesive whole, even if some types are more important than others."

She went on "Eiji and I are the tennou--or 'the angelic ones'. This means that we are the main hero and heroine role in a play. The male role is the tenya, and the female role is the tenjo. The tenya and tenjo are often the public faces of the troupe, and always perform together. Some tennou grow so close, they are always together even after they step down from the stage."

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Meru kept paying attention up until the "always together even after they step down from the stage" part. Aww... :love:

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @sanianisa

"The tennou have to do some very specific things." Miyune went on. "We both have to sing well, dance well, and fight well unarmed and with a variety of weapons. The tenya has to know how to play the flute, and I have to learn how to play the moji and the kanegen."

#39 May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And then curiosity ensued at this point. "Moji? Kanegen?" Meru asked. She clearly hadn't ever heard about them before.