1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Sep 9, 2019.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    In the Pokémon world of Ransei, an ancient Japan/China inspired Pokeworld far from the one we know, it has been seven years since a young girl named Taki united what was then seventeen kingdoms, awakened Arceus, and defeated the notorious warlord Nobunaga.

In the seven years that have passed since Taki's journey, an eighteenth kingdom was discovered--the fairy type nation of Hikari. In addition, Nobunaga's remains were bound by eighteen jewels, to prevent evil from reviving Nobunaga.

But that hasn't stopped some evil sects from trying to revive Nobunaga. One of them, the notorious Black Raikou sect, is only the latest to try.

Horrified at what would become of Ransei if Nobunaga was revived, Taki instructed her four most trusted guardians--Ash, of the Red Thunder school of yumidou, Misty, of the Sapphire Sky school of swords; Brock; a mystic of the path of Shaymin who can channel magic through his music; and Serena, of the Golden Delphox school of spirit dancers--to find heroes worthy enough to undertake the long and dangerous journey to stop the Black Raikou Sect.

Will you follow in Taki's footsteps as a hero of Ransei?

Character's name (try to pick a name that at least sounds Japanese or Chinese)
    Character's age (anywhere from age 13-18 is fine)
    Character's physical appearance (what your character basically looks like
    Character's personality/known history (what your character is like, and any important backstory)
    Character's class (pick one of the following:

--Warrior (your basic swordsman/woman)
    --Fighter (your basic unarmed fighter)
    --Mystic (the wizard counterpart in Ransei)
    --Monk/Miko (the priest counterpart in Ransei)
    --Bladedancer (the rogue counterpart in Ransei)
    --Kaitan (the minstrel counterpart in Ransei)
    --Yumidou (a magic using bow wielder that combines the mystic and a ranger)
    --Odoriko (a female only fighter-dancer that uses a whip/like ribbon to fight)

Character's Pokémon (if any)
    Character's Pokémon path (which Pokémon best resembles their fighting style? This will affect what martial arts you start with)
    Character's weapon proficiencies (what weapons are they good with? If they just fight with their fists, they are considered unarmed. This will affect what kinds of martial arts you can learn.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Why does this look familiar? Ahahahah

Anyway, here 'ya go!

Name: Hayashi
    Physical Appearance: Hayashi wears a large green yukata that's too big for him with a yellow obi along his waist. He wears a black shirt and black baggy shorts under it, a green bandana and a yellow scarf wrapped around his neck.
    Backstory: Hayashi is the younger brother of the former Warlord of Ignis, Hanbei. When he turned 12 he and his brother were ambushed by the Black Raikou Sect and barely made it alive. So to get revenge, along with a Treecko he befriended in Greenleaf Hayashi set out to prevent the Black Raikou from achieving their goals.
    Personality: Hayashi is quite intelligent, but he hides it behind his cheerful and brash demeanor. He always smiles, and can be quite lazy like his elder brother. However when facing enemies he becomes cold, violent, malicious and outright terrifying with his close-range dirty fighting.
    Class: Warrior/Fighter
    Pokémon: Treecko
    Pokémon Path: Krookodile
    Weapons: Hayashi likes using a staff or rod to hit others at long-range, however in close range he goes all out, randomly attacking with no specific fighting style. He would play dirty if needed, and usually aims to deal as much pain as possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    @Jupjami

That looks good! You are Accepted!

Krookodile martial arts are mainly tactical offense based, but there are defense and support moves too.

Jupjami likes this.
  4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I only played a little bit of Pokémon Conquest (before my device crashed), so I don't know much about it. I might be clueless about a lot of things, but if you're okay with that, then I would like to join as well.

Name: Mushi Muyoku

Physical Appearance: Muyoku wears a navy blue monastic robes with a dark belt along his waist. He has short back hair, and has a birth mark in the back of his neck.

Backstory/Personality: Muyoku doesn't remember much of his parents. All he remembers is that he was sold to a big clan when he was only 2. The clan was very strict, and raised him by teaching him martial arts. While the family was very strict with their teachings, they weren't heartless, and raised him with care like any family would. The martial art he's learned emphasizes on flowing movements and acrobatics rather than fixed stances. Life was going well for Muyoku, until one night robed assassins killed the Clan Head, and every higher up. Left without anyone to lead the Clan, the remaining members fell into chaos. Eventually, the clan was disbanded, and Muyoku was left to fend for himself. (I apologize if it's too long. Got way too into it while writing.)

Class: Fighter (I apologize if there's to many)

Pokémon: None, for now (?)

Pokémon path: Hitmontop

Weapon proficiencies: Unarmed and small throwing weapons (darts, throwing knives, etc.)

5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    @Barandofl

That looks perfect! You are Accepted!

You do not need to have too much knowledge of Pokémon Conquest to understand what's going on--Taki and her attendants will bring you up to speed. (but it's not quite the game you remember!)

Hitmontop martial arts are agility based offense, often incorporating rotation and circles into the various moves.

6. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Fun fact. I didn't even know Hitmontop did Capoeira. I was on bulbapedia searching each fighting type to see which one had a martial arts similar to my character. It was a pleasant surprise when I saw that Hitmontop had the exact one I was looking for.

WavePearl likes this.
  7. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I did the same with Krookorok ahahah
    Anyway can't wait to work with 'ya!

Oh. * sweatdrops *

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    @Jupjami @Barandofl

I'll still describe what a certain Pokémon's style is like, then leave you to design just what that means

#8 Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Jupjami likes this.
  9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Eh...why not? I'll go ahead and join up with this. What's the worse that can happen? :sweat:

Name: Akashi
    Appearance: Akashi wears white kimono with light blue flower patterns, with a white and blue band wrapped around her middle and tied in a large bow behind her. Her jet-black hair is tied up in a bun on top of her head, with two, blue floral-style kanzashi holding the bun in place. She also tends to hold a blue-colored fan with white flowers, in a matching style to her kimono.
    Personality/Backstory: Raised in a house of nobility in the kingdom of Avia, Akashi grew up in the lap of luxury, not having a care in the world. That is, of course, until seven years prior during Nobunaga's conquest of the Ransei region, when a group of bandits took advantage of the chaos that Nobunaga caused around the region, and ransacked Akashi's family home, forcing them to flee for their very lives. With nowhere else to go, they were forced to travel across the entire country to Fontaine, to live with their few relatives there, leaving everything they had behind. With practically nothing to her name, Akashi soon grew accustomed to her impoverished life, and began to enjoy the wonders of the countryside, growing as a rather down-to-earth individual. However, due to her previous life of nobility, she tends to view herself as above others at times, and often leads herself to believe she's more important and essential than she really is. She is also a skilled ribbon dancer, having been taught by her mother since she was young, and she was taught to use it offensively as an odoriko after their family home in Ransei was attacked.
    Class: Odoriko
    Pokémon: Popplio
    Pokémon Path: Swanna
    Weapon Proficiencies: Ribbons to disable or misdirect her opponents' attacks, plus hidden weapons such as kunai or shuriken to surprise her opponents.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    @Kecleon352

That looks great! You are Accepted!

Swanna martial arts are one of the Five Great Pokémon Styles (the others being Raikou, Suicune, Gyarados, and Scyther) Swanna is mainly defensive, but they can and will fight if they have to.

11. Timmithello

My boi
    (Panpour)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2.3
    Alright so I have never played Pokémon Conquest in my life but I have role played before and so it’s pretty fun so I’ll give it my best shot!
    Name:Zhao Kai

Physical Appearance: A scrawny young boy with messy black hair and brown eyes. He enjoys wearing a white hoodie with a Torracat on it and a black shirt with green stripes going vertically under it. He wears long baggy blue pants that cover most of his feet except the ends of his slippers.

Personality and Backstory: Zhao is a extroverted boy who doesn’t quite know how to keep his mouth shut. If everyone were to have a conservation, he would just listen until the perfect time to come in. He tries not to give too much about himself as he would be quite ashamed of his past. You see, Zhao was born to a poor family in Fontaine. His father has been in debt since before he was born due to a gambling problem. This led to Zhao being tempted to steal food such as rice and he eventually became a pretty good thief. Thanks to this, he was able to feed his family most of the time, sometimes it didn’t work out that well and he got caught, but now that the Black Raikou sect is on the rise, he wants to try to redeem himself and his crimes.

Class:Bladedancer

Pokémon:Panpour

Path:Bisharp

Weapons:Two medium sized daggers he stole from a blacksmith for self defense.

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    Banned accounts are automatically Rejected. If their ban is not permanent, they can re-apply once the ban expires, if they like.

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,888.1
    @Jupjami @Barandofl @Kecleon352

(If you want to know where the Trio and Serena are, and what they are doing at the moment:

--Ash is in the theater district of town, playing his flute for tips (to hide his cover of carrying out Taki's instructions)
    --Misty is in the market district, gathering supplies for what she thinks will be a long journey to find heroes
    --Brock is teaching the children of town with his harp and storytelling skills in the city square
    --Serena is assisting Brock by dancing to his harp and playing the female roles in his tales