1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon DPPt: The Tale of the Red Chain (Aura x Zero Sifr)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "Oh, r-right..." Amai smiled. Then her face straightened as she intensely pointed at the other two members of Green Team. "You heard what Castle said; either do a foot patrol or make a nest. And keep an eye out for Rangers."
    Then she turned to Damian, giving him an equally intense finger-point.
    "You're coming with me into the cave."

Amai and Damian made their way over to the water's edge, Amai taking a huge sigh of relief when the other two green Team members were out of earshot.
    "That was hard, I don't like being leader. From now on, I'll let you call the shots. Except for this..." Amai smiled, digging the Poké Ball she had taken from her room out of her pocket, the Pokémon inside phasing out. It was a Glaceon, who yipped happily at the sight of her trainer.
    "Emma, I'm going to need your help on this one. We need to get across the lake, so can you please freeze us a path? Oh, and we need skates too."
    The Glaceon, Emma, nodded. She walked to the edge of the water, took a deep breath, and blew out a blast of icy air. It froze the water on contact, making a perfectly straight path to the cave. Then she blew little breaths of frost onto Amai and Damian's shoes, giving them blades made of ice.

"Good job, Emma. You scout ahead."
    Emma nodded, jumping onto the ice path and running across it with ease. Amai stepped onto the ice, the frozen blades under her shoes giving off soft clinks as she balanced.
    "It's easier to skate across Emma's ice; her blades make it so our weight doesn't affect the ice. Although this is pretty thick, I don't want to take my chances."
    She stretched out her hand to Damian.
    "Come on! Even though this is a mission, we can still have fun and complete our objective!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Yeah..." He said shakily. "Fun." If he was alone, he would probably have been more likely to strip off his outerwear and swim the lake, or at most try to crawl his way across an ice bridge. Still, he took the girl's hand and relied on her for balance more than he would have liked. Amai's skating was fluid and skilled, his own was choppy and unconfident, pushing himself along with some motion only halfway between walking and actual skating.

Damian's mind was drawn back to his youth to a family trip to a ski lodge near Snowpoint, a cozy cabin resort with a lake for skating. All his family and friends took to skating the lake at some point, and although nothing dangerous or unexpected happened, he couldn't overcome his hesitation of the idea. After all, how could one be entirely sure the ice wouldn't crack and give way to the deathly-frigid water below? It's not like ice is as sturdy as solid earth, and there are so many tiny differences in how each lake freezes each winter that it's impossible to know what the risk factor is, no matter how close to zero it may be. That winter and a few winters beyond it with return trips to the lodge, he never tried to overcome the uncertainty, and thus, never learned how to skate, with blades or with wheels.

Somehow, thinking on and analyzing his fear (if that's what it could be called) helped Damian distract himself from the immediate situation. Just a short distance from the island cave, and with Emma's pattering close behind, he was overcome with a sense of pride and a curious joy. Not only for picking up the humble beginnings of a new skill, but for proving himself and his hesitations wrong after so many years. He laughed nervously, and squeezed Amai's hand a little tighter for the last stretch of ice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai felt Damian tighten his grip, but it didn't bother her. They soon reached the island shore, returning to dry land. Stepping on the shore caused the ice blades to slowly melt off of their shoes.
    "I'll go on ahead, you come in when you're ready." Amai said, half ordering half suggesting. She walked into the cave, Emma following close behind her.

Amai entered the cave, it's eerie silence only occasionally interrupted bs the sound of water dripping from the ceiling. But she felt something in there, something... that wasn't right. She continued on, until her leg brushed against something. It made a soft, moanig sound. Trying to keep as calm as possible, she pulled out a flashlight she had in her pocket, and shone it's light at the spot on the ground she had felt something on. She nearly dropped her torch when she saw that it was a Pokémon. It's grey body looked shriveled and weak, and it's blue head sunk away in fear of the light. A red gemstone adorned it's forehead, but it looked dull and drained.

"Damian, you might wanna come and see this."

4. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Damian was still basking in the internal glow of his tiny accomplishment of conquering the herculean trial that was ice skating in a straight line when Amai called for his attention from within the island cave. Though he could see her flashlight glowing from within, he took his time getting to her, overly cautious regarding the rainwater-slick floor.

"Damian?" She repeated.

He closed the last bit of distance to her. "I'm right behind... wow." The small figure, probably some kind of Pokémon, seemed alien in its physiology. Two tails that spread like leaves at their tips and a bulbous head housing large, scared eyes; nothing about this Pokémon seemed familiar or earthly at all. "This is more than I expected..." He whispered as he pulled his assigned digital camera from its holster on his belt. With Amai's flashlight still illuminating the Pokémon, he took a of photos from slightly different angles while covering the flash with one finger. "I'll hold the flashlight," he whispered, putting the camera into his left hand but leaving it powered on, "if you want to get closer to it."

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai nodded, passing the flashlight towards Damian. She moved closer to the creature, reaching out to touch it but received a light electric shock, making her jolt back.
    "Something's wrong here... This is Azelf, isn't it? It looks weak, and drained, like something or someone has taken it's power away..."
    Amai turned to Damian, her expression a mixture of desperation and sadness.
    "I know this isn't a retrieval mission, but we can't just leave it here like this!"

6. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    It was an impasse. On one hand, close observation by superiors could look bad when disobeying his own orders for the mission. On the other hand, abandoning an obviously-injured Pokémon, let alone one as unique as Azelf, simply didn't seem right.

"Okay, yeah." Damian laid the flashlight on the ground, illuminating a section of wall beside the Pokémon, letting its reflection cast a more gentle light than the direct beam. "Hi Azelf. Um, if that is your name." He said, crouching down to get closer to on-level with the Pokémon. "My name is Damian, and my friend here is Amai, we're part of a group who's trying to make Sinnoh and the world a better place." He cleared his throat. Am I really trying to talk a Pokémon into coming with me? I guess it worked all right for Professor James. "You like you're not doing well, so if you want, we can take you home with us to get some help." He pulled an empty just-in-case Greatball from his belt holster, watched closely by the big-eyed Pokémon. "Just touch the button on this ball and we'll be able to take you home, and I promise the trip will be a safe one." He extended his reach to the Pokémon until the ball was clearly within reach of the Pokémon's stubby arms.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    The Azelf slapped the Great Ball from Damian's hand with one of its tails, with a surprising amount of force that it shattered upon impact with the wall (Shoot, it was close too!). Its eyes seemed to give of an intense heat as it glared at the two humans.

"It was you..."
    Amai was shocked to hear this voice, one she didn't recognise, invade her brain. And she could tell by Damian's expression that she wasn't the only one.
    "It was you, your kind did this to me. The one with the blue hair, he stole my power. My sisters, I can feel their power is gone too. You stole it. Now leave this place."
    Suddenly, Amai felt her body being lifted from the ground, and she could see Damian and Emma undergoing the same treatment. They were being forced out of the cave by Azelf.

"Why? Why would they send us here? Azelf said it himself; 'The one with the blue hair', that's Commander Saturn. And his sisters, he must be talking about Mesprit and Uxie, he said that they were stripped of their power too. So why? Why are we even here?"
    Amai felt so mad, so betrayed, that she just wanted to punch something. So she did, her fist making a large dent in the trunk of the tree she had picked to be her victim. Her black belt-level skills were showing. They were on the shore now, sitting near the camp the other two Green Team members had made. They were no-where to been seen, which both gladdened and frustrated Amai; her happiness coming from them not being around to hear what had happened, and her frustration coming from the fact that they probably went off to participate in 'adult activities', which only made Amai even more angry. Suddenly, a thought popped into her head, one that made her sick in the stomach. She turned to face Damian, knowing she was going to regret what she was about to say.
    "Did you know about this, Damian? About this horrible crime that Team Galactic committed?" Amai asked through gritted teeth, her fists clenched white. She needed answers, confirmation, anything that would answer her question; why?

8. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    The tree beside Damian wasn't so much an unfortunate victim of rage as it was a foreshadowing metaphor for his own wellbeing should Amai get any angrier. "No, of course not! I came here knowing exactly what anyone else in the three squads knew: that our commanders think these caves are special. Not how they are, just that they are." Through her rage, he could see Amai's next accusation. "And I was not sent here to capture that thing. That Pokémon. Using a Pokéball was just the best way to get it back to a Pokecenter or to HQ so we could help it recover on our own, it was either that or carry it, which admittedly doesn't seem like a good idea for a helicopter ride." He took half a step back, keeping his front foot planted but giving some space between them. "I'm concerned for Azelf too. If you think we should go back into the cave, I'll go with you, or we can give it space. Anything, I'm behind you whatever choice you make."

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai took a deep breath to gather her thoughts and get rid of any rage that still resided in her.
    "OK, we're not going back in there, because Azelf probably won't let us. We're not reporting this to the Commanders because we probably weren't supposed to know, let alone enter the cave, so here's what we'll do. We'll stay here overnight, taking hourly notes of nothing happening, then take that report back to the Commanders and let them believe it. If they're going to lie to us, then we'll just lie to them."

She turned to face Damian, her expression dark. But the she smiled.
    "And after that, we can come back to Sunyshore for a little R & R~" she sung.

10. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    What is up with this girl? Damian thought with a nervous and relieved laugh. "Yeah, that's part of the reason I waited to say which group was going where. I wanted to make sure I got to see Sunyshore before the weather changes." He looked at his watch, its analog hands glowing gently. "I have an idea." He said as he unclipped his comm radio from his belt. "Copy Green Three and Green Four over."

No response.

"Green Three, Green Four, do you copy? Over."

"Green Four, go ahead." The grunt young man, what's-his-name, said over the radio, sounding short of breath and distracted.

"Green Two here. How are you and Three holding up?" Damian asked, thankful for easy codenumbers.

"All quiet over here on the west side." The grunt replied over the sound of Three giggling in the background. "How about you two?"

Damian looked to Amai before deciding to agree with her plan. "Nothing of note at the island. We did notice some kind of a structure to the southeast. We're moving to check there. Keep an ear out, all right?"

"You got it, boss." Green Four said, demonstrating the contagious nature of Three's giggles.

"Again with the boss." Damian said, not holding down the push-to-talk button. "There's one thing I don't understand, Amai." He said, putting away his comm radio. "We're going with a tiny coverup, omitting some findings, so we already know we're not going to find anything here." He glanced left and right from the corners of his eyes, though he knew nobody was around. "Why go back to Veilstone just to come back to Sunyshore later? When we could just, you know, go straight there. If you're not up for it, maybe I could convince you otherwise." He added hurriedly, and holding up one finger to ask her patience for one minute. "I may have seen some some classified intel regarding Team Aqua trying to set up shop in Sinnoh, and their base of operations is in Sunyshore. Supposedly, they're using a bakery as a front to their operation. Their sponge cake is the best this side of Coronet and they're open twenty-four seven. But actually..." he paused, collecting this thoughts. "Is that really what I read? Maybe I'm thinking of something else entirely. It doesn't make any sense for Aqua to try to expand into Sinnoh. We could still check, though. Just in case."

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai let out a stiffled laugh.
    "I'm sorry, but as the leader I won't be able to allow that. My swimsuit is still in my dorm at the base, and I don't have any money on me to buy another one. Plus, my other Pokémon's back there, and I don't think she'd appreciate being left behind." Amai explained, hoping Damian would understand. "I'm sorry, but we'll have to tough it out. We can go try your "evil sponge cake" once this is all done."

12. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Good. I was just testing you. And you passed the test!" Damian announced with a clear lie. "It's probably for the best anyhow. I could convince our pilot to lie on our behalf, but I can't trick the helo's GPS." He drifted into thought for a moment. "Speaking of misinformation within the team... something bothers me. When I spoke to Jupiter before we deployed, she told me how she had high expectations for this test. She said to me that she didn't want us grunts doing the job at all, that she would rather coordinate with the other Commanders to take one Lake each on their own. Was she just preemptively covering her tracks? Trying to give a reason to say "No, of course Saturn wasn't at Valor, and didn't hurt Azelf while he was here, because we didn't even get to go, thanks to you meddling kids"." Again he drifted into thought. "I don't even know if I want to ask her, she's not exactly the most forgiving or kind of the officers here. Anyway, how should we go about resume our mission, Team Leader?"

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Resume, resume..." Amai muttered, pacing. "Well, it's pretty late, so we could probably head off to sleep. Since we know there isn't anything to report, I'll just fill each hour with a negative result in the morning. Then, when the night is over, we'll just go meet the chopper at Sunyshore with the other two, go back to the base, file our report and come back." Amai explained, before adding, "Although, I'm not sure if we'll be able to ride the helicopter back, so we might have to walk..."

14. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "We better be able to take the helo back. Walking from Pastoria to Veilstone? What are we, a couple of ten-year-olds on an adventure? I know I'm a little bit past that, and I think you are too." He turned his attention to the lake and its island cave. "But then again, maybe it could be nice to see something new." He sighed with the sound of a Kricketune chirping in the forest. "Unless you think there's more to do at the moment, I'll set up some ghillie screens for a start on setting up camp." He announced as he unpacked the tightly-folded tarps from his pack, preparing taut-line knots at their corners with his supplied cordage. "So, are you still thinking about that Pokémon in the cave? Azelf? I've never met a Pokémon so angry before. I can't help but worry about it."

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (I think just the night is best, I'll go edit my post after this)

Amai turned to Damian, but she kept her gaze at the ground.

"Yeah, it's really bugging me now how we can't do anything. Not in a way that makes me angry, just... anxious, I guess. And worried. If Team Galactic, if we are targeting these Pokémon, what's to say we won't do it with more powerful legendaries. And why did we attack them? It seems like we took something from Azelf, he said he had been "drained"; maybe they're looking to use that power for something big?"
    Emma walked up to Amai, rubbing her torso against Amai's leg. She picked up the Ice-type, holding it like a pet cat and stroking it's fur.

"Even Emma's scared. Her fur turns spiky when she's scared, and I can feel them, all these little spikes on her back... I'm scared, Damian. Are we toying with power we can't comprehend?" she asked, her voice quivering a little.

16. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Power we can't comprehend.

Something about that phrase seemed heavy. Uncomfortable. Worrisome.

Dangerous.

"We aren't toying with anything, Amai." He said, focusing on the positive. "Neither are our superiors. If anything, they're..." He didn't want to leave the sentence hanging unfinished, so he searched for a word that would be appropriate, while not also caustic. Nothing came to mind. He finished tying the last of the ghillie screens into an eight-foot or so room in the forest, open in one corner and plenty big to use as a fair-weather shelter or base of operations. Its material would be good enough camouflage to work even in daytime from a fair distance, and strong enough to keep out wind and wandering wildlife. "Cyrus and the commanders are all in their positions for a very good reason." Damian said, explaining his point of view. "Each of them has demonstrated that they're intelligent, talented people who have earned the confidence of their peers. Because of that, they have my trust too." He hoped it didn't sound like a hollow defense of a questionable idea. It was all he could say to keep his thoughts from turning seditious.

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai was really on the fence with this one, but she decided to drop it. She looked down at Emma to speak with her, only to notice she'd fallen asleep in her arms.

"Wow, it's been a big day." Amai yawned, realising just how tired she was. "I'm going to call it a night."

What she did next was very unexpected.

Instead of getting out a sleeping bag, or anything else for that matter, she climbed into a nearby tree, picking the sturdiest branch and making herself comfortable. Emma curled up in her lap and, within seconds, they were both softly snoring.

18. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Damian followed the lead of his teammate as best he could. He let his nocturnal Weavile out of her Pokéball to stand watch for the night, sat with his back against a tree with a (relatively) comfortable shape to its base, and tucked his arms into his jacket to wait for sleep. Surrounded by the singing of Kricketot and Kricketune and the splashing of Psyduck, he still dwelt on how Azelf reacted to his and Amai's presence in the cave. It was rare enough to hear a Pokémon communicate verbally, but for it to speak so angrily, when Pokémon are usually pathologically positive creatures? So unusual. Through eyelids growing more heavy, he turned his attention in the direction of the island cave through the forest, and let his mind wander.

Next thing he knew, Damian was standing back at the entrance to the cave, its gaping maw almost howling with the breeze over the lake through its acoustics. The camp was all the way across the lake, so he figured while he was there, he may as well re-investigate. He stumbled his way through the darkness, eventually arriving at the partially-flooded room in which Azelf was found. There, psychically hovering in a moonbeam from a natural skylight, was the Pokémon. Slumbering in the air, almost fetal, it didn't seem to notice his presence. Damian approached as quietly as he could, a difficult task with the rainwater puddles all around, but eventually got within arm's reach of the blue elf. Its giant eyes were closed, and it wasn't visibly breathing. Something resembling a third eye on its forehead, a wrinkled and atrophying orifice or cavity, seemed to draw his attention more than any other feature. He took a step closer to examine the slit, when in a flash, Azelf awoke, its eyes and forehead spot opening wide like three giant, glimmering orbs of blood accompanied by a high-pitch scream either from Azelf itself or an audible psychological manifestation the sheer terror of the blank red spheres embedded in the Pokémon's head.

Damian's heart rate spiked and, with the blink of the jump-scare, was back at camp, still seated against the tree with arms tucked inside his jacket, wildlife silent and Nix curled on his lap. The faintest hints of red in the sky could be seen through the trees to the east. He tilted his head back against the tree and breathed out slowly as Nix purred gently on his lap, still deep asleep. Try as he might, he couldn't re-enter sleep, so he waited patiently in the pre-dawn quiet for the sleeping world to return wakefulness with him.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "You too, huh?"

Amai looked down upon the older boy, one of her legs dangling lazily off of the branch.
    "I saw you tossing as you slept. You were in the cave, weren't you. With the moonbeam, and the creepy Azelf, right? It was so real, I swear..." she trailed off. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she could tell how much she was out of it. "I know we'll be heading back to the base soon, but I really need a shower or something. I'm going to the lake."

Amai jumped off the tree branch, holding the still-sleeping Emma under one of her arms. She put her down softly on the ground, next to Damian.
    "Don't you dare follow me. I already said I don't have a swimsuit on me, so I don't want you seeing any of..." she paused, wiping her arms up and down her body, "this."

She passed the ghillie screens and headed towards the lake, the sun just rising over the line of trees, blinding her with it's first light.

20. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Of course, I'm nothing if not respectful of... yeah." He leaned back again and gently scratched Nix's head, hoping to gently rouse her out of sleep, when he became painfully aware that he sweated a puddle in his sleep. Maybe it was the relative warmth of the forest and lack of a breeze thanks to the screens, or perhaps part of a fear reaction from the dream, but one way or another he eagerly awaited his return to civilization, heated plumbing, and fresh clothes.

He reached inside his pack, thankfully close enough to not need to force Nix away, and retrieved his voice recorder. "Morning after lake mission, zero-six thirty-five. Grunt Idomi and I performed a perimeter sweep of the shore of Lake Valor under the cover of night, followed by a larger circle barely within viewing distance of the lake while our two teammates set up a post near the visitor entrance to the lake for watch. No artifacts, human interference, or unusual lifeforms of note." He released the recording button before preparing his next message and returned to the recorder. "Note to self, consider returning with Ghost, Psychic, or otherwise telepathic Pokémon. The island seems to have a presence of some kind." He returned the recorder to its spot in his bag to be transcribed to a report later, and grabbed the issued digital camera for sine exterior photograph of the lake, just to satisfy whoever would look over his mission notes later. "On second thought, maybe I should wait on that." Instead he retrieved two MREs and, for the sake of politeness, fought his hunger and waited for Amai to return from the lake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.