1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon DPPt: The Tale of the Red Chain (Aura x Zero Sifr)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    After Amai finished bathing in the lake, thankful of no on-lookers, she put her grunt uniform and wig back on, despite being a bit wet still, and walked back to the camp Damian had set up.

"OK, I'm all done. If you want to go, I'll start packing up this stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to "fill out the report"." Amai said, adding intentional quotation marks with her fingers. "Oh, but first I'm going to check in with the other two."

Amai looked around for Damian's bag, where she knew the radio was, locating it and taking the radio.

"Green Three and Four, this is Green One. Please check in."

No response.

"Green Three and Four, respond!"

"Sorry, Leader. Green Four checking in." A female voice, belonging to the other female grunt. She sounded tired and out of breath.

"Green Four, is everything OK? You sound like you've been running."

"Running? No, I'm just a bit short of breath at the moment." She responded. It took a few seconds, but Amai pieced together what she had heard yesterday and what she was hearing now, and got a pretty clear picture of what was happening on the other side of the lake. And it wasn't a nice picture either.

"OK, uh, have you recorded your hourly findings?" Amai asked, trying really hard to erase that mental image that had been burned into her brain.

"Yes, but there hasn't been anything important. Apart from the constant Kricketune cries, the only thing out of order was a random Murkrow call. It only happened once, but that's about it."

"Very well. Commander Castle and I will meet you two there in about an hour, before we make our way to Sunyshore to take the helicopter back to base. Make sure you're ready by then." Amai ordered.

"Understood. We'll begin packing immediately. Green Four, out." The female voice responded, before going silent. Amai put the radio back in Damian's bag, before she heard a familiar voice calling out.

"Oh, you're up, Emma!" Amai smiled, walking over to the Fresh Snow Pokémon and petting it's cold pelt. Emma nuzzled into Amai's hand.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Those two are nothing but trouble. They're going to get themselves removed if anyone higher up does the math and catches on to what's happening. But then again, that's a pretty big if." Damian said, re-entering the camp from a morning walk with Nix by his side and a open plastic bag of an MRE in one hand. "I have another one in my pack if you're hungry. It's not very breakfast-y, but it gives you calories to burn." He prepared to stab and take another spork full of the bland pasta meal to eat, but decided it would be best not to further talk with food in his mouth. "I'm still disappointed that we didn't find anything we can show to the bosses." He placed his MRE bag by the base of one of the cornerpost trees and began untying and packing down the walls of the site. "Unless you have a better idea, I was just going to snap some pictures of the lake and cave on our way to rendezvous... eww, I mean to meet up with the watchdogs. You know, to back up our statement that nothing noteworthy happened." He paused halfway through folding one of the tarps. "What if the other teams had a similar experience? What if they went into the caves too, and they found the other Azelfs? It would look bad on us if we underperformed."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai nodded.

"You're right, it might look bad. But it also might make us look good, since we were the only team to not enter the cave. I'd suggest we play it safe and just take the picture, and hand that in with our extremely bland reports."
    Amai walked over to Damian's bag and grabbed the other MRE, looking at it with distasteful eyes. She instantly knew she would hate eating it, but she also knew she couldn't get enough sustenance from the lollies in her pocket, even if she ate them all in one go. So she reluctantly took a bite of the bland meal, finding it hard to swallow.

"Ugh, that was so disgusting..." Amai moaned.

4. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Yeah, but it's better than starving. As for me, I don't feel like foraging for some Oran Berries to munch on either." Damian finished folding down the last of the screens and wrapping the cordage. "Time to roll out, I guess. You too, Nix." He said as he retrieved his bagged food, torn between the satisfaction of being full and the distaste of a boring meal at the wrong time of day. After quickly finishing his meal just to get rid of it and offering to dispose of anything Amai didn't have the stomach to finish, he wrapped the containers and disposable sporks into a compartment of his pack to take back to civilization, for the sake of not leaving a mess in the forest.

Getting closer to the shore of the lake, Damian took a series of near-identical photographs of the cave opening, followed by several doubles of snapshots with other imaging techniques: infrared, thermal, and a strange imaging identified as "Ralts vision" that only resulted in a blanketed smearing smearing of green with streaks of red. "I think that should be thorough to show there's nothing in the cave." He commented as he proceeded to try to find the way to the other Greens with Amai.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "This is one mission I'm glad is nearly over." Amai sighed as she walked behind the older boy. Emma had run a few steps ahead, chattering excitedly with Nix. They seemed to have a really good connection, despite meeting only that morning. Maybe it was an Ice-type thing.

It didn't take long for Amai and Damian to reach the base of the other two Green Team members, who had already packed all their belongings and were sitting on the ground, obviously having waited for Amai and Damian.

"Greens Three and Four, I'm glad to dee you're ready so promptly. Since this is the case, we can head for Sunyshore effective-immediately." Amai said, smiling proudly at her other team members.

6. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "That's right, we're ready to return to base. Our findings were..." Damian glanced at Amai "... inconclusive, but the formal report need not be written until later. We'll just have to hope Jupiter and them are satisfied with what we found, unless we trip over something on the way out."

"On that note, we're barely ahead of schedule. I for one need a hot shower and some real food, so let's not waste any time getting on the road, shall we?"

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (Let's go with Option A)

"The helicopter should be arriving at drop location in about..."
    As if on cue, a helicopter flew overhead, preparing to land just outside of the lake.

"Now!" Amai chuckled.

It didn't take long to get in the helicopter, and they were airborne half an hour later. Amai was just going over one final check of the reports, to make sure hers and the other one lined up to say that nothing happened. Once she was satisfied, she sighed in content, letting herself relax in the seat. Her head slowly moved to the side, eventually landing on Damian's shoulder beside her, but she didn't mind.

8. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    It wasn't a bad feeling, Damian admitted to himself, having Amai's head on his shoulder. It wasn't like the uncomfortable interaction of a stranger on a bus or plane doing the same thing. In fact, it helped add to a weird kind of peace: the slight social-physical interaction, the monotonous gray noise of the helicopter's blades, the late morning sun illuminating the sky a pale but strong blue. The return trip seemed to be over in a third of the time of time it took to arrive; maybe for the comfort, maybe for the contrast of the nerves that overwhelmed him on initial departure.

Upon arrival on the landing pads around the rear of the Veilstone Galactic HQ, Damian stepped into the cockpit of the craft to speak to the pilot. "Empty helo pads means we're back first. Any word on when the other teams are arriving?" He asked over the winding-down of the engines.

The pilot turned to read a small monitor on his control panel showing nothing more than what seemed to be an instant messenger with to-the-second timestamps. "The Verity team, whatever color you gave them, are moving to meet their ride. Acuity is still out there finishing up, but they've been in good contact, no bad news reported."

"That's what I like to hear." Damian said, patting the pilot's shoulder as if they were pals, though he honestly didn't know the man's name. "See you again on the next departure, luck willing." He moved back to the side door of the vehicle, and hopped down to the tarmac, leaving the pilot to finish his landing procedures and return to the HQ building on his own, and saw Amai was still waiting before the entrance to the building. "That was either more or less exciting of a mission than I hoped." He commented to her, referencing the discrepancy between reality and the official report. Back in the open again, he became concerned over his own appearance in front of the girl. His silly Galactic Officer hair likely messed up, his clothes probably spotted with shreds of leaves, and almost definitely smelling like he just spent a night in the woods. Most days he wouldn't care, and would take his sweet time returning to polite society, even ceding shower dibs to the next-dorm roommate who shared a restroom with him. Why the sudden self-consciousness, he wondered. On the other hand, if any of that was so severe, Amai probably wouldn't have gotten so close for the trip back. I'm probably just overreacting. For some reason. "Normally I mind my own business," he said, pulling away from his self-criticism, "but I'm actually interested in what the other teams encountered."

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai smiled.

"I'm a bit excited too; maybe Verity and Acuity were more eventful than Valor."
    She went to walk off, but stopped and turned back around.

"Wait, what do we do know? I'm assuming I give the report to you and you'll take it higher up, but what am I supposed to do?"

10. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Since you were the team leader of Green Team, you and the other leaders get to attend debriefing with whichever commander organized this. Unfortunately, I think it's Jupiter." Damian sighed out frustratedly. "But I 'get to' go too, so you're not walking into the lioness' den alone. The commander will want to talk to both of us, as well as Stone and Sun all at the same time."

The pilot, apparently finished with his engine shutdown, passed them, walking into the depths of HQ.

"I was told that the other squads aren't back yet, and the Acuity team hasn't even left their lake." Damian went on. "Since they're taking so long to get back, I think we have at least an hour before we're all due. How about you let, um, let yourself and Emma unwind some and I'll meet up with you in fifteen, either at the cafeteria or the conference room? Honestly, I think I'm being reviewed personally for this mission, and a little bit of quiet time would help me clear my head."

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai nodded, taking Damian's advice and heading straight to her dorm. She stripped her grunt uniform off and hopped into the shower, which was much better than bathing in the lake. Once she had finished, she noticed she still had a few minutes until she needed to report to Jupiter with Damian. So she headed to the cafeteria, knowing that Damian would probably need a coffee after his interview.

12. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    The split path back to his dormitory was ultimately, in Damian's own opinion, quite necessary. That span, spent alone with his thoughts, gave him the time necessary to ponder the Azelf situation unclouded by other focuses, like Amai or the mission coverup. In hindsight, the dream (which could very well have been reality, if not for the fact that Amai shared a similar experience), seemed to blend with the confirmed reality of entering the cave. In memory, the real Azelf's eyes seemed to be the same blood-like orbs they both saw in the dream. The patchwork vision sent a shiver down his spine and an idea into his head.

"Out of the Pokeballs, you two." He said to his trained Weavile and Toxicroak, letting them out and into his room. "Sorry for leaving you cooped up all that time, Don. I promise you can see some action next time."

Finally with some time to return to polite and well-groomed society, Damian took what may have been his most relaxing, rejuvenating, and psychologically necessary thinking-shower in weeks; an event which expanded his anticipated five minutes into almost twenty on its own, not to mention the remaining maintenance of appearance demanded by the Team. A fresh shave to stave off what minuscule scruffiness had set in, a re-sculpting of the officer hair-do by the appearance regulations, and the the hygiene more required by self-respect than by any other rule. Back into his room, he observed Don Gero and Nix playing a reflex game together: each stood near and facing each other motionlessly, fore-limbs forward, waiting for some unknowable cue to try to scratch the back of the other's hand before the move was dodged. From the short glimpse of the game, Don Gero seemed to be doing better, probably tapping into his gift of anticipation. "You two play nice." He said, pulling the door closed behind him and into the hall. His own anticipation of the coming debriefing with any Commander sent another shiver down his spine, and brought up the same idea back up into his head. "Just need to wait for the right time." He whispered, starting his path to the HQ cafeteria behind schedule even beyond the point of being fashionably late.

(It just occurred to me that you pulled a switcheroo on Amai's Pokémon somewhere on the line! Sneaky, sneaky, but I'm on to you. I guess our mega-Pokémon will have to wait.)

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (Aw man, don't give me those eyes... They're scary~)

Amai had been waiting in the cafeteria for so long, she'd fallen asleep on the beanbag she had claimed as her own. She had her teal bowl-cut wig in one hand and a plastic fork in the other, missing a few teeth from Amai trying to pass the time. She wore her grunt uniform, but had her teal hoodie draped over it as a make-shift blanket. As she slept, she mumbled to herself.

"No, Azelf... I didn't do it... I'm new... No, not... Don't hurt Damian..." were some of the words than came out of her mouth.

14. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    (Yo, I just gotta say, my life is getting super chaotic lately, so just don't be surprised if I can only reply every other day or so. Between starting new work, holiday chaos, coordinating my next semester of college, and some long-term unavoidable social obligations, I've only gotten four hours of sleep each night all this week (continuing for at least next week too) and haven't even adequately showered since Sunday evening (partially because of oversleeping, partly because of the fact that 3.5 hours is oversleeping) or eaten two square meals per extralong day. Unfortunately, I don't see this ending at least until the end of 2015, at which point it'll let up for at least a month, if not more permanently. So yeah, just fyi)

(Also, I'm not basing Damian off myself, but the coffee addiction is definitely a shared trait between us (more literal in my case than his). I would have probably died this week falling asleep while driving if not for my sweet black nectar of life.)

Damian jogged his way to the meeting place of the cafeteria, prompting comments from passerby along the lines of "way to be a motivated Teammate, Castle. You make the rest of us look bad!" and "That must be Jupiter again. Something's about to hit the fan." The snide comments didn't distract him at all. Rounding corners almost too tight to be safe, he was at the cafeteria in a slim fraction of the usual time.

And the effort was either for nothing, or simply too late. Amai -- Grunt Idomi, rather, he would have to be careful of her name on debriefing -- was sleeping soundly in one of the loungey beanbag chairs. And here I thought I didn't get enough sleep at the Lake. No longer feeling bad for any further lateness, he fetched for himself a piping hot espresso, diluted down to a Cafe Unovano, and quietly returned to the beanbag corner. As he pondered how to best lower himself into the chair, he noticed Amai wasn't sleeping as soundly as he thought. Aww, she cares. He thought with a smile, satisfied with the knowledge that the rest of her sleeptalking dream was probably harmlessly confined to the realm of dreams. He clumsily tried to sit in the chair, almost spilling hot liquid and completely blowing his attempt to remain stealthy, betrayed by the chair's bead filling.

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (Yeah, I can understand and relate to not being able to work on stories from time to time. I don't care if you don't upload; sleep is probably more important than this story!)

Amai smacked her lips together as she woke up, still-half asleep.

"Look, Damian's here. Yaay..." she whispered as she sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. The smell of the coffee wafted over to her, which jolted her awake.

"Oh, you're actually here. Sorry, I was just dreaming about the lake, and I thought I was still in the dream." She smiled, tying her overly long blonde hair into a bun, then applying the wig. She took the jacket off of her lap, to which it had fallen into after she sat up, and put it on. Then she sat attentively,watching the older boy with curiosity.

"What time is it?"

16. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "T minus ten minutes." Damian answered, glancing at his watch. "I got word that the Acuity team is almost back, and they don't have the benefit of having all the extra time we did to get our report straight. But maybe they have less intel to worry about." He took a long sip of the drink, slurping off half of the top layer of foam in the process. "I think you're right, ignoring the cave findings." He went on. "Maybe the Commanders don't need to know," he added in a more hushed tone, "but I don't feel right entirely ignoring the situation. Do you catch my drift?"

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai nodded.

"Of course. if we told anyone else, we'd definitely get punished. But I think I'd like to discuss it more with you. The mental images of that Azelf, both the live one and the one we dreamed about, keep bothering me. If I didn't talk about it with someone, I think I'd go insane. Also..." Amai averted her gaze with Damain, her cheeks going a light blush. "I really like talking to you. You're the closest thing I have here to a friend. I forgot what having friends was like."
    Amai managed to make eye contact with Damian.

"Thank you, really. For being my friend."

18. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Of course. You too." He said, inhaling the steam of his drink, then turning to Amai with eye contact and a smile. "I think I've gotten too focused on work. It's great that I'm one of the youngest ranking officers ever in Team Galactic, but I think I was sacrificing something along the way, not noticing it as I did." He turned away, distracted by a new thought. "It's been two years since I've talked to my best friend back in Saffron City. I hope she's doing all right." He sighed and turned back to Amai. "Yeah, it's good we've got each other. Otherwise, we might turn out like the Commanders." Damian said as he coughed and looked around the cafeteria. "You know, as 100% focused and dedicated leaders of Team Galactic." He turned to his teammate and laughed in spite of himself.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai bit her lip anxiously. There was a best friend. And on top of that, she was a girl. Now there was no way Amai could get closer to Damian. Even after not seeing her for two years, Damian still remembered her. Amai felt her hesrt beating in her chest, and it hurt. She wanted to be the one he called "best friend".

"I-I need to go to the bathroom..." she said quietly, getting up and exiting the cafeteria. There were toilets in the cafeteria, but Amai wanted to get far away from Damian. As soon as she was out of sight, she bolted for the furthest location of toilets she knew. Once in there, she locked herself in a stall, sat on the cover which she had put down, cradled her knees to her chest and went silent. She wasn't even thinking; all she could hear was the sound of her uneven breathing.

20. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    (that's called "stirring the pot"!)

"O... Okay..." He whispered as Amai dashed out of the room. As he drank his Unovano down to the bottom third, someone else in the cafeteria came to join him. Grunt Sun, leader of the Verity team, approached the beanbag corner of the food hall.

"Ooh, still warm." She whispered, taking Amai's seat and lounging sideways to turn her body in Damian's direction, showing an admittedly pleasing silhouette with the posture. "What was that all about?" She asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm not entirely sure." He said honestly, but could tell Sun didn't buy it, and knew she wanted a further explanation. "We didn't have a very good breakfast on the trail. Maybe it's that." He said, just to say something.

"Sure, that sounds likely." Grunt Sun said in a clear lie, flicking her lengthy hair back over her shoulders to take even more attention.

"Do you have any business to discuss, Grunt Sun --"

"Please, call me Hinata." She said, reaching out with one finely-manicured hand. "We've been working together going on two years now. I think we should be on a first-name basis."

"Right. Of course." Damian said, taking her hand in a gentle shake. "So, do you have anything relating to the mission or Team that you would like to discuss?" He considered reinforcing his use of the name "Grunt Sun", but decided against it for the sake of reducing friction.

"No, well, yes actually, relating to a certain Teammate." She cleared her throat in a small, high-pitched cough. She proceeded only to stare him in the eyes, sometimes her attention moving to his chest or hands.

"Good talk." Damian said after he got bored of being stared at and finished the last cold drops of his drink. "Well then, debriefing is very soon. I suggest you prepare for that." He said as he pushed himself up from his chair and tossed his paper cup into a bin five meters away from where he stood in the beanbag corner. "Be seeing you, Grunt Sun." He left the room in the same direction as Amai, hoping he hid his arrogant smile long enough that Sun didn't see it.

---
    temp: color testing

6C3082 Emin.
    702963 Byzantium
    7851A9 Royal
    66023C Tyre
    493963 BulbaGhost1
    705898 BulbaGhost2
    A292BC BulbaGhost3
    9966CC LO Purple9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.