1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon DPPt: The Tale of the Red Chain (Aura x Zero Sifr)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Amai could see this was making Damian feel uneasy, so she took her hands from her lap and stretched them across the table to overlap Damian's.

"It's OK, nobody else was around when we talked about going to Sunyshore for your cake-related investigation, so I don't think Mars and Cyrus are going to stop us from going. I'm sure that, whatever you say, we'll be able to make our little trip happen." She smiled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Soft. Cold. Weirdly but undeniably comforting.

"The bakery. Right." He laughed. "You know, there's more than a kernel of truth to that. I mean, we get a lot of intel that's just bunk, pulled together by automatic internet searches and compiled for the analysts to look at when they have downtime. I can certainly pull it aside for further investigation though." He said. "Believe me, one way or another, we will go back. It's just best if the Commanders endorse it too."

He pulled one hand away and with his other, turned his hand over so Amai's fingers were on his palm, and he rubbed the backs of those soft and cold fingers. "I'm glad the random team assignment turned out the way it did. I doubt I could have come to trust any of the other agents the way that I trust you." He couldn't bear to make eye contact, some internal force held him back from a gesture as simple as that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai's face as pink as a Corsola, she giggled softly.
    "Well, you do whatever you think will work. I'm going to go pack my bags; I have a lot of different swimsuits." She smiled, letting go of Damian's hands. She got up from the table.

"See you in a bit."

"OK, let's see... Which ones do I take, Roslyn? I do want to make an impression on Damian, but I don't want to seem needy..." she sighed, putting multiple different swimsuits in front of her body as Roslyn, her Roserade, either nodded or waved dismissively at them.

"Oh, I've got an idea! I'll get us a hotel in Sunyshore, but I'll ask for a room with one bed, so that we can sleep together!" Amai gasped, blushing. She wasn't planning on doing anything she'd regret, but she did want to see how Damian would react to the prospect of having to sleep with her. Maybe he'd just ignore it and sleep normally. Maybe he'd open up a little bit while they got ready to fall asleep. Maybe he'd just use the couch instead. Either way, Amai was hopeful.

4. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Well, this is different." Damian thought aloud as he was left alone at the table. He slid his phone from his pocket and saw that the text message that beeped his phone was from the recently-added contact named "H". He didn't bother to read the contents, just marked it as read and move on. As he slid it back into his pocket, the phone rang again for a new text, a new unknown number: "Castle, report to my office to discuss your last mission. - Mars". She has my personal number? He typed out his message before leaving his seat. "On my way. - Castle".

The commanders' offices were in a rather isolated part of the HQ building, far detached from the dormitory, training, and common areas of the HQ. Mars' door was closed, but not latched, but still Damian hesitantly knocked the door before so much as asking her presence by name.

"Castle, come in." She said, revealing herself to be seated at an expensive-looking but simple desk in her dimly-lit office. Certifications and commendations hung on her walls, and all manner of book stretching from foreign philosophy to history to cutting-edge biology covered a wall-sized bookshelf opposite the door. "Please, have a seat." She said when her junior officer stood at-ease, hands behind his back across the desk from her. "I'd like to discuss this latest mission with you."

---

"I had the same concern." He admitted when Mars finished divulging priveliged information to him and asked his opinion on the matter. "To be quite honest, I had the intention of asking you if I could return to the Lake to do this exact investigation. I'm relieved to hear that you came to me first."

"That's one of the things I like about you, Castle." She said, leaning forward and with both arms crossed in front of her on the desk. "You have good instincts. And aside from that, giving missions is one of my jobs. I tell you what to do and you do it." She closed one hand, letting her fingernails drag across the surface of the table, staring unblinking at her subordinate, with such a strange smile on her face. "What would you have done had I not offered this assignment to you, and denied your request?"

"... I serve you and Team Galactic. It is my honor to do so." Damian said, dodging the question entirely. "I just have a few requests before we finalize this."

"Fine. Let's hear it."

"One, I want you to sign off for the release the Metang I trained, X', from its cloister. I think it's been long enough."

"Done." Mars confirmed.

"Two, I want Idomi to accompany me for this redux mission. Though she wasn't at debriefing--"

"Done." She cut him off.

"... Thank you." Damian went on. "Lastly, I'd like to take a vacation time day for the day after the mission.

"With Amai?" Mars asked, using the agent's first name and smiling even wider. "She hasn't been with us long enough to accrue any time."

"Then give her one day of mine." Damian said, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. "I'll probably never use all my days anyhow."

"... Done." Mars finished. "Anything else?"

"No, that covers it, thank you Commander Mars."

"You're quite welcome. X will be available for you to retrieve within the hour. You may leave, but keep in mind," she went on, "I may need a favor returned some day."

That's an ominous way to end a conversation. Damian silently nodded to show his acknowledgement before stepping out of the office on the way back to the dormitory wing, in search of Amai to tell her the good news.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai was walking down the hall, headed towards Damian's quarters, when she saw him wandering towards her room.

"Oh, Damian! There you are! I've packed my bag for the mission, and one for after as well. I even went to the cafeteria and traded the rest of my food tokens for this month to get some special food orders for the both of us that will last the two days, as not to risk me getting sick from one of those horrible substitues. I assume your negotiations with Mars went off without a hitch?" she asked.

6. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Yeah, she was really receptive to the request." Aside from the borderline-threat that I owe her something in return. "I even got both of us official vacation time... just in case... you..." Damian wondered for a moment if he was being too forward with something even he wasn't aware of. "It looks like we're on the same page, though, making the most of the trip to the area. We can leave any time we want," he went on, "but I still have some things to take care of. I need to get Nix into some strict training for herself and get X-Prime out his, uh, training. Also getting packed, myself, plus there's the matter of our overnight accommodations. You're welcome to come with me while I take care of these things." He offered. "Come to think of it, you're really on the ball with this already packed and getting our meals set up. Can I also ask that you handle our overnight accommodations before we head out?"

(Yes, I read the bit about Amai handling a room reservation. I pay attention to what you write, I just want to see how Amai reacts when reminded of her sneaky little reservation and how she wants the effects of her actions to unfold. After all, Damian doesn't know everything I know.)

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (You've just made Amai a very happy girl.)

Amai practically jumped at the suggestion of finding accommodation. It's like she was living in a fairy-tale.

"Of course, I'll go get thay sorted now, and then I'll come by your room later." Amai smiled, before she quickly shot up on her tiptoes to kiss Damian's cheek before running off back to her room to see what she could find.

"OK, I don't want it to be a shabby place that looks like it'd only have one bed per room, but it might cost a pretty penny... Oh, here's one! Great reviews, cheap price, and there are only single-bed rooms avaliable! I'll just go and book this one then..."

8. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Amai scurried down the hallway and out of sight as Damian was unable to bring himself to brush the tingling away from his cheek, unable to figure exactly what was happening. "I better just focus on getting X-Prime."

---

Nix begrudingly walked alongside her trainer all the way to the gymnasium, not willing to take a weekend of training over unsupervised sleep and relaxation on Damian's unoccupied bed.

"You know Weavile are nocturnal, right?" The Grunt manning the front desk of the training room asked. "And that they need to sleep eighteen hours a day to remain psychologically alert."

"And I did a 20-hour physical endurance test as part of my testing for promotion to Elite Grunt, okay?" Damian bounced back. "Just like the Commanders, I want an even effort out of my teammates. Nix chose me, and she knows I have high standards for my trusted allies. Just teach her to push her limits, within reason. Set her up with some back-to-back mock battles and some finesse exercises." He looked down to see the Weavile looking up at him with sad eyes. "I know she can be extraordinary. I just want her to reach for it and achieve it." He smiled down at the Pokémon reassuringly. "But I'm also here for another reason. You know, that Metang who's been in meditation for --"

"Right, I heard from Mars." The desk worker said. "Follow me."

---

There, X' the Metang hovered, levitating magnetically and almost motionlessly in its dim soundproof chamber.

"The idea is that if it works for Espurr, it should work for other Psychics too." The gymnasium grunt explained. "Containment leading to self-control. You know."

"Yeah. Not my idea, I understand." Damian stepped across the short platform in the room whose every surface was covered in foamy spikes. "Hey, X. Are you feeling better?"

The Metang turned its red eyes upward at its trainer and spoke a happy-sounding hum of its own language. The time alone dedicated to meditation and self-reflection should have been more manageable for the Metang, being non-animal and more computer-like in its functioning.

"I'm glad to hear it." Damian answered. "I'm going to take you on a vacation." He said, leading the Pokémon out of its chamber and the gymnasium. "You could use some R&R after your regiment." He walked beside the hovering Iron Claw Pokémon, taking up over half the hall on the way back to his dorm room.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai had been waiting outside of Damian's room for barely a minute before he showed up, X' following behind him.

"Our reservations have been made. Auberge Illusoire, northern Sunyshore. It's a five-minute walk from that cafe that you mentioned, and there's a shuttle bus service that can take us to Route 222's beach. I could only book a room with one bed, though. I hope that won't be a problem..." Amai said, turning and blushing to seem embarrassed while trying to contain her devious excitement. Then she noticed the Metang floating behind Damian.

"Oh, this must be X'! He's so cute, I didn't know you had a Pokémon like this." Amai cooed, giving the large metal Pokémon a stoke on his underside, receiving a plethora of cheerful mechanical noises in response.

"You've obviously done with retrieving X', so I guess I can help you pack. Wait, no, I just remembered a very important errand I have to run at the Pokémon Center, so I'll quickly go there and come meet you back here. See ya in a bit!" Amai smiled, before running off so she could get her errand done quickly.

~

Arriving at the Pokémon Center, Amai headed straight to one of the videophone booths, dialing a number she had to take a brief moment to recall. The videophone buzzed until a picture came up. It was direct-feed video of a boy with blonde hair that stuck out in all different places and piercing blue eyes; the splitting image of Amai's.

"Nigai! It's been so long since I last saw you!" Amai smiled, waving.

"There's my genius sister! How's life at Galactic treating you?" the boy asked. Nigai Idomi, 21 years old, was Amai's older brother. Before coming to Team Galactic, she had lived with him, attending college at the same time him. She even helped her decide to join Team Galactic.

"Meh, it's fine, I guess. I just had a mission the other day, not going to bore you with the details, but now I get to go on a little vacation."

"Geez, already? Galactic must have some system for racking up vacation days..."

"It was a gift from my commander." Amai said, blushing at the though of Damian's smile when he just brushed off the fact that he gave up a day off for her to have one.

"Oh, your commander, you say? Is he your boyfriend?" Nigai teased.

"S-Shut up, Nigai. Anyway, I called you because we're going to Sunyshore, and I thought Courtney might like to come along."

"Sure, I'll transfer her over right away. She's been missing you so much, it's a bummer you couldn't have her as one of your Pokémon, but I guess Grunts can't have Pokémon as powerful as Courtney on their roster. I'm sure she'll be so excited to see you."

"Great, thanks. Well I gotta go, so send her though now, please."

"On it. See you later, sis." Nigai smiled, before the video cut out. Amai sighed as fond memories of time spent with her brother drifted through her mind, beofre she pushed them out to get back into focus.

"Excuse me? Is there a Miss Amai Idomi here?" a voice called out. Amai followed the sound to the source, a young lady working reception at the transfer station.

"Yes, that's me."

"Your brother just sent this through." She smiled, handing an Ultra Ball to Amai. "Have a nice day!"

"You too, thank you." Amai said, bowing politely before heading back to the Galactic building.

~

When Amai finally reached Damian's room, she noticed that the door was closed, probably so nobody could see what he was doing. She knocked on the door lightly, then leaned against the wall beside it, waiting for him to let her in.

10. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Auberge Illusoire..." Damian muttered. "What is that, Kalosian?" Damian asked as Amai skipped away. "Wait, you got a single-bed?" But Amai was already out of earshot. "No way am I handing in an expense report. Those receipts will meet an untimely demise before getting back to HQ." He patted X's metal head and gestured the Pokémon through the door into his room.

Don Gero's heart clearly skipped a beat upon seeing his friend once again after their time apart. Hardly a second after X slid his bulk through the door, the Toxicroak leaped across the room and gingerly stood on the Metang's head, leaning over forward to smile at his friend upside-down. After wrestling and playing, much to their trainer's amusement, they returned to an old favorite activity of theirs: Don Gero sat cross-legged and deep-breathing into his throat bubble while perched upon X's head meditating, gently swaying with levitation and maybe even sharing a psychic link. "It's great you two are such good friends." Damian commented. "Maybe Nix and Emma can get along like that, get an icy thing going on." He let the Pokémon continue their overdue bonding, and turned his attention to the remaining preparations for the upcoming mission and trip.

---

In the weirdest ways, Damian was occasionally reminded that he did in fact need some time away from Galactic. Some time to be ordinary, to not worry about rank advancement constant dedication to the Team. Some time to stop being Castle and start being Damian.

This time, the realization came in the form of a sudden awareness of his wardrobe. In total, he had less than a week worth of civilian clothes for all seasons combined, most of which was nice semicasual, not even actual relaxation wear. "Would it be wrong to pack my Galactic-issued pool exercise swimshorts on a beach trip?" He asked X-Prime and Don Gero, keeping up their meditation pose. "Uhh, strike that. If I wear these on a public beach, it will pretty much make me a recruiter for the Team. Not only is it not a bad idea, but I should be getting paid for it." He folded the shorts over one forearm and dropped them into a standard issue backpack, feeling less and less prepared for relaxation with every passing minute. As he held up a winter color pinstripe shirt in front of himself, wondering if it would be too tight for him after his physical training with the Team, and about to test it to be sure, he heard a series of light knocks on his door. Grumbling, he folded the shirt in half and slung it over one shoulder to answer in person. "Oh, Amai, hi." He said, then looked over one shoulder to check his room. Bed made, clutter was present but minimal. "Come in, please." he offered, opening the door wider and gesturing inward with one arm. "How did your errand at the Pokécenter go?"

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "It went off without a hitch. I got to catch up with my older brother, and I got him to transfer someone over I'd like you to meet!" Amai smiled, holding out the Ultra Ball in her hands.

"Buuuuut, she's staying secret until we get to Sunyshore; even I haven't spoken to her yet. So, hurry up and finish pa-" Amai stopped, noticing the shirt draped over Damian's shoulder. Letting out a stifled snort, she pointed feebly at the shirt.

"You're not seriously going to even consider wearing that, are you? I can tell from here it's at least 3 sizes too small."

12. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Three sizes too small? Who do you think I am, that giant shirtless guy from the Team Aqua propaganda posters?" He asked, unbuttoning the shirt and sliding both arms into the sleeves. His elbows got stuck in the shoulders of the garment, and once squeezed past, the front buttons barely met their slots. He felt like he was trying on middle-school clothes with the tightness in the shoulders and across the chest. "Okay, the training program has been good to me. I still say you're exaggerating though." He went on with a sheepish smile, almost dislocating a shoulder as he struggled to get the overshirt off his frame. "I only need one set of clothes anyway. Day one is the Valor Cave again, day two is et cetera and coming home." He draped the shirt over the back of his desk chair and stood against it, leaning on the chair's back. "So, you had a talk with your brother. Any chance I've heard of him, be it by fame or infamy?"

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Nah, Nagai's not that special. We were in the same graduation class in college, but he went on to work part-time at Solaceon Day Care. Our house is actually here, in Veilstone, but he and I moved out there when he got the job. Then I spent a while figuring out what I wanted to do until I came here. He was really supportive of me, too. He's the person I trust most in the world, but you're coming up a close second. Anyway, hurry up and finished so we can get the boring part of the mission done and have some fun!" Amai cheered.

14. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "So you're from around here?" Damian asked, pulling together an outfit of exercise wear and dropping it to the bottom of his pack. "I was born in Hearthome but raised in Pewter, all the way in Kanto. I came back home often enough though over the years, and I can tell you the long story later." He packed more standard equipment on top of the next day's clothes and slung the pack over one shoulder, then grabbed X-Prime's and Don Gero's pokeballs. "I'm ready to do the boring part of the mission when you are. Just give the word."

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (Just gonna do a little timeskip here)

It was pretty late, so after Amai helped Damian finish packing, they both went to bed. The next day they got up bright and early to get the lake mission done. Not daring to enter the cave again, they sat at the shore and did what minimal surveillance would suffice. When it started to get late, they left the lake, changing before they did, and headed towards Sunyshore. It was sunset by the time they arrived at their hotel.

"I, uh, have a booking, under Amai?" Amai said, feeling unsure about herself. She had never booked a hotel room before.

"Ah yes, Room 128. Here's your key, enjoy your stay." The attendant smiled, handing Amai her room key. Amai thanked the attendant before heading off to her room, followed by Damian.

"124, 126, ah! 128!" Amai smiled as she unlocked the door. The room wasn't very big, but it had a large couch, a flat-screen TV pinened to the wall, a kitchen area, a bathroom and toilet separated by a door, and the bed, a king single.

"Well, it's kinda late, and I'm starving. Wanna order room service, or go out somewhere?" Amai asked as she unpqcked the important necessities from her suitcase.

16. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    (Whew, the busy-ness of my December is over, and I think I have time for this again.)

Damian pulled aside the curtain blocking a northward-facing window and looked across the ocean in the direction of the Pokémon League, perched upon its clifftop roost. The sea reflected the bright orange burning of the evening sky, while the town itself was already shrouded in the dark shadow of Mount Coronet. "The night is young." He said, turning to Amai and letting the curtain fall slack to cover the window again. "And it would be such a shame to waste this beautiful evening locked up in a room." He was entirely aware of how it all sounded, but strangely, he didn't care as much as he did before. "We could go out. Find a place with nice atmosphere and the kind of flavor you can't find in Veilstone. What do you say to that?"

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Sure, that sounds fun. Let me just grab a coat, it might get cold..." Amai smiled, rummaging through her belongings to find a thin pink coat, draping it over her shoulder. She then spied the Ultra Ball that held Courtney, and picked it up.

"When we're done, you can meet Courtney as well. I'm sure she's dying to meet you!"

18. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    (Curse you, Aura! I was going to go red on January 1st, right when my Nightmare-before-Christmas thing expired! I even made up my new avatar and modified sig, too. Oh well, I'll find a different color for this thread, since you beat me to it. Good color choice, though)

Damian led Amai out of the room, then through the lamp-lit seaside avenue of Sunyshore City, walking close to her and with one arm low around her waist. Over the sea, flocks of Wingull glided in circles, some coming down to rest on the surface of the water, floating and bobbing with the contours of the waves. "It's good to have someone to share this evening with." He said, for lack of anything more profound making its way to the surface of his mind. "Someone like you." He was kicking himself internally for not having anything better to tell her. Over the sea, a lone Pelipper flew in a circle above a spot of water before suddenly dive-bombing below its surface and returning with its beak full of its next meal, its ambition instantly rewarded. Amai's no fish, but I need to be more like that.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    (No, no, don't go and change your plans just for the sake of having a different colour than me, if you have red that's fine! It's not like we need to have different colours all the time, y'know?)

Amai blushed profusely when Damian spoke. His words may have been weak, and not as profound as when he normally spoke, but Amai could tell he was trying.

"It's OK, I'm just glad that we could spend some time together alone, away from all the business of being part of Team Galactic." Amai smiled as she looked around the city. She had never been to Sunyshore before, so all the glass walkways above them were new to her. She then noticed some lights suddenly turn on to her right, and turned to see a giant structure of some-sort being illuminated by spotlights from underneath it, possibly so people could see it during the night.

"Hey Damian, you see that thing over there? The big thing that's being lit up? Can we go and see it?" she asked, pointing out what she had seen.

20. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Sure, I don't see why not." He said, trying covertly to crane his view around to get a better glimpse of the distant object. No, not just an object. If anything, a monolith. Somehow it seemed to be on a scale of its own, comparable to the lighthouse and its orbiting lightbeam, though it seemingly deserving to be much smaller. "Amai..." He began, hesitant to show his hand either that he was missing the object of her attention or that he was imagining some kind of a dormant eldritch horror. "Are you looking at the same... giant stone Munchlax... as I am?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.