1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon DPPt: The Tale of the Red Chain (Aura x Zero Sifr)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "Yup, that's the one! I forgot what species it reminded me of, so I didn't say anything. But it must be a real tourist attractor if they've installed lights below it. Come on, let's go!" Amai smiled, pulling Damian along as she ran around, despite the fact that he had agreed to go.

It was twenty minutes later when they arrived at the Munchlax statue, Amai's extremely poor sense of direction shining through.

"Sorry we got lost so many times... I've never been here, and I'm not very good at navigation, especially with all these walkways. I used to get lost in school all the time, it's a wonder I passed at such a young age." She giggled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Don't worry about it, we have plenty of time." Damian commented, then added under his breath, "And it's not like I offered to lead the way and get us there in half the time regardless..." Then, as an attempt to recover from the remark, "I'm sure all your other outstanding school performance was enough to mitigate any downfall brought on by your supposed lack of navigational skills." Overly flowery? Too late, what's said is said.

As he was still reflecting on his comments, they arrived at the nearest part of the walkway to the monolith. The solar panel road came to a partial wraparound of the rock formation, allowing tourists to get a nearly 180-degree view of the attraction, though there was still more distance than arm's-reach between the side rail of the road and the surface of the statue.

"Amai, do you feel..." Damian revised his word choice. "I'm getting a strange sense in this statue. Such... I don't know how to explain it. It's different, its very nature and existence is... weird. It's as if it's more than just the unusual size. I can't even describe it, but do you feel it too?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai did feel it. It was strong and fierce, but also calm and oddly soothing, like a thunderstorm when you're inside.

"There's something in the rock." Amai said, pointing to it's "mouth". She quickly darted her head to both sides, before taking a few steps back, until she was on the other side of the walkway. Then she ran, sprinted even, straight to the safety bar on the other side. Mere centimetres before the bar she jumped, turning 180 degrees, before using her arms to propel herself into the air, doing a set of amazing, perfect flips and twists, until she landed, feet first, on the formation's "head". She then layed flat on her stomach and climbed down into it's mouth.

4. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    The entire acrobatic display seemed to unfold in slow motion as Damian looked on, unable to predict the maneuver. Was Amai being impulsive or decisive? Foolhardy or brave? Amazing or enchanting?

He was awestruck until he noticed her crawling into the pareidolic mouth of the rock formation, at which time the awestriking was changed out for concern. As Amai began to disappear headfirst into the rocky maw of the monolith, her backside and legs sticking out between the stone teeth, Damian did the best he could to follow. Before glancing over his shoulder to check for witnesses, he climbed onto the handrail, stood with his feet apart to keep balance, and cursed his lack of experience in the coming maneuver. He sprang off the handrail and reached for the mouth of the rock formation, hanging on its bottom lip with his arms inside the mouth, and began a climb to follow Amai.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai giggled when she felt Damian crawling into the mouth beside her, his green hair tickling her bare thighs.

"Damian, s-stop it! Your hair is tickling me!" she said, finding it hard to contain her bubbliness. She wiggled deeper into the statue, until something began shining.

"Oh, I think I see something! It's shining, and in a really big crevice, but I can't reach it... Hold on a minute!" she called out, wriggling backwards. She slid past Damian, his hair tickling her again, befote she was completely free from the maw of the monolith. Using her acrobatics, she flipped onto the top of the stone's muzzle.

"OK, you've got plenty of room. Now go get that thing!" she commanded playfully, tapping Damian's posterior, which hadn't quite made it into the cavern of a mouth the giant stone Muchlax hid.

6. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Okay, okay, I'm going." Damian said while suppressing a laugh of the excitement, and his voice under the effect of the strange acoustics of the rock formation. Clearly this thing wasn't carved or created for human exploration, but there was something indeed farther in the chamber. He continued his sliding crawl deeper inward, eventually feeling a cold pool of rainwater with his farthest fingertips. As Damian's eyes adjusted to the darkness, he noticed in the back of the crevice was such a faint glow of light he might have imagined it.

"Hey Amai," He called, taking a little bit of amusement thinking about the Munchlax statue speaking with his own voice as his words echoed out. "I think I found the thing! It's kind of under a pool of water, and I..." he reached his arms elbow-deep into the pool, "can just..." he adjusted his position to reach one arm almost shoulder-deep into the water, barely feeling with one fingertip a polished smooth object entirely unlike the coarse rock all around him, "not reach it." He pulled his arm out of the water to shake it dry, a task easier said than done in the confines of the crevice. "Just give me a minute to think about this." He muttered, frustrated that he was so close yet so far from whatever the thing was. Somehow the issue of the scale of the monolith came to mind, how it just didn't seem to be as it should. And what if that's the root of the problem? What if that weird sense of distortion was somehow part of the problem here? Just like how the Munchlax itself seemed too large, what if that underwater glow just seems too far? By all means he should be able to just reach down with both arms and...

Grab it. A sleek globe under the water, easily within reach now, between the sizes of a shot put ball and a volleyball. The act of reaching back into the pool was almost subconcious, and Damian could swear the object was deeper down and out of reach just a moment ago, but somehow he had a grip with both hands. At first the sphere resisted moving, but with one tug he was able to jar it loose and raise it up. "I got it!" Damian called out to Amai on the outside, listening for her reaction. "I'm on my way out now." He explained as he shimmied backwards, trying to keep the treasure from unnecessarily rubbing against rock and getting scratched.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Once Damian had exited the mouth of the monolith and joined Amai on the muzzle, he showed her what was in the crevice. It was round, and pink-ish in colour, like a really big pearl. But Amai could sense some sort of power emanating from it, like it was once part of something more.

"Damian, do you recognise what this is? I've studied Sinnoh's typical gemology and I didn't see anything like that in the text books. It does look like a Pearl, but even the rare Big Pearls aren't that big." She said, looking at it with a puzzled look plastered to her face.

8. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "I don't know either. I don't study gemology or geology or theology of whichever, but you're right, it's bigger than any pearl I've ever seen." He said, sitting cross-legged and holding the sphere from below with one hand, staring into it as if it was a future-revealing crystal ball. "But I definitely feel that power too." Distractedly he glanced away, his eyes turning to the tip of Mount Coronet scraping the black sky in the distance. "Now we have a choice:" he began. "We turn this in to the bosses, or..." he looked at Amai, raised his eyebrows, and left the sentence hang unfinished.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai didn't answer. Being part of Team Galactic, and being happy there, she didn't wish to defy her superiors, but what Azelf had told her was still floating at the back of her mind. She returned her attention to the orb, and had a sudden urge to touch it. She couldn't control herself as she lifted her arm, her index finger making contact with the orb. That was her first mistake. Her second was letting it stay there.

Amai was greeted with a plethora of visions, all of which she didn't understand. As the visions kept showing, she started to recognise a few, until she realised that the orb was showing her visions of the past. They all had one thing in common, a large silhouette of a creature was in them, and the only defining features she could make out were beady magenta eyes and a large circular gem, much like the orb, attached to it's body twice on what seemed to be shoulder pads. Then it showed her one scene in particular, and for much longer than the others. It was a vision of Cyrus, standing atop a mountain, with two orbs in hand, one of which was the one they had just found. He spoke but there were no words, and suddenly two giant Pokémon appeared in silhouette, one of which was the creature from the previous visions. The other was a sort of quadruped creature with beady cyan eyes and a gem on what appeared to be it's chest, cut into the shape of a pentagon. A giant vortex appeared behind them, and Cyrus was laughing maniacally when the vision ended.

Save this dimension.

Amai was ejected back into reality after that single line of dialogue, her hand reflexively retreating from the orb. She was shaking, she could feel beads of sweat cover her forehead, and she felt sick to the stomach.

"Don't give it to them. I don't care what we do with that thing, but if Team Galactic finds out... our whole universe is in trouble." She muttered.

10. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Damian looked at Amai, and to say he was both confused and worried would be to say the ocean that surrounded them on that Munchlax rock was both spacious and damp. She only touched the gem for the duration of a heartbeat before pulling her hand away, but Amai was apparently stricken by some deeper sense of shock. "The whole universe? That seems extreme, but I'll go along." He said, adjusting his position to hold the orb a little farther from Amai, and briefly considered tossing it into the ocean to keep whatever trauma struck the girl from making an encore presentation. A wave crashed against the rock formation, faint droplets of its spray reaching even to their place on the Munchlax's crown.

"It's starting to feel precarious up here, maybe it's best we move along and get this pearl somewhere safe. I can take it down on my own..." He said, scooting down the forehead of the statue with the ball held in his arms before jumping from the eyebrow to the solar panel walkway, almost sticking the landing if not for taking a few more steps to steady himself. "Oh, I suppose I should have offered to help you down." He called up to Amai, looking up at her with the gem cradled in his arms like an infant. "Do you want a hand, or do you still feel like going all Golbatgirl and acrobating yourself down?"

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai was still in her own world when she heard Damian calling to her, snapping her back into reality.

"Huh? Oh, right. No, I can get down myself." She said quietly, standing up and walking to the point on the giant Munchlax closest to the walkway. Then she simply jumped from the statue to the walkway, no fancy acrobatics required. She tried not to stand too close to Damian, as the orb he held scared her to quite an extent. One of her arms crossed across her chest and joined at her other arm's elbow, she looked at Damian with dark eyes.

"Can we go back to the hotel room now? I know it's still a bit early, and we haven't gotten any dinner, but after that I'm... not really feeling up to anything..." she sighed.

12. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "Of course." He answered. "Anything you need." Damian moved the sphere from its both-arms cradle hold to a position tucked under one arm, and with the other arm ushered Amai away from the Munchlax, the faintest note of a red sunset still on the horizon to the north. He wasn't all sure whether he should be more skeptical or worried about Amai's condition and prediction, but risk of ignoring it clearly wasn't worth the consequence. "I'm not going to push you to tell me," he said as they drew nearer to the paved roads of town and off the solar panel boardwalk, "but whenever you want to share what's going on in your head right now, I'm ready to listen. I'll always be ready to listen."

As he was expressing his concern for Amai, he also developed a growing sense of concern for himself. A split-second of contact with the orb and Amai was stricken with some apparently apocalyptic visions, and by this point, Damian had been holding it for how long? At least three minutes, maybe more. Between pulling it out of the water in the mouth and now, he never broke contact with it. Maybe that's what it was, not contact with the orb, but the breaking of contact. It was doubtful, but a test to that theory could come later, maybe in a safer place.

On the way back, the quicker way since Damian chose the path, so many shops' neon lights painted the quiet path every color with their glows. With such a beautiful cityscape, it was a wonder why Sunyshore wasn't a bigger tourist destination. No matter, really, since the hotel was only a few minutes walk away by that point.

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    When they reached the hotel, they headed straight to their room. Amai was allowed to lie on the couch in order to calm down, while Damian studied the orb in his hands.

"I wonder if..." she trailed off to herself, before rolling to her side and looking at Damian.

"I haven't told you about my heritage, have I?" she asked. Damian shook his head "no", but had an interested look in his eyes.

"OK. Well, you know that I was born here, in Sinnoh, but I was the first in my family to be. Everyone else before me, including Nigai, was born in Blackthorn City. My family, the Odomi family, is in charge of protecting the Dragon's Den, and as such most of my older relatives are Dragon Tamers. My great-grandfather is the leader of the Dragon Tamer clan, while the Blackthorn Leader Clair and current Tojho Champion Lance are cousins of mine. My first Pokémon ever was Courtney, who you now can guess is obviously a Dragon-type. But I never really got to know about that side of the family much. My parents, who had a falling out with the elder after Nigai was born, moved here to Sinnoh to keep us far away from them. But Nigai's told me everything, and I even got to meet Clair and Lance once." She explained, before turning her attention to the orb.

"Nigai's an expert on raising Dragon-types, which is why he got the job at the Day-Care, and before I came here I used out help out there a little too. That orb we found in the Munchlax rock, it's giving off the same sort of vibe as a Kingdra. At times I feel the powerful presence of a Dragon-type, but then I also feel calm and relaxed, which is how Water-types usually make humans feel. But I've never heard of Kindgra having some sort of stone tied to it, and I'm sure if I asked Nigai, or Lance or Clair, that they'd all say the same thing..."

14. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "So you're part of a legacy of Dragon Tamers? That's really impressive." Damian responded to the exposition. "Truly, I don't have the guts for that, since Dragons tend to be just so... uniquely extreme. They're at the top of the pyramid, an underachieving dragon is probably more powerful than a gifted and well-trained Pokémon of another type. The only thing that can overcome a dragon is another dragon. But that isn't anything you don't know already." He commented as he looked upon Amai laying on the couch from his perch sitting on the bed's edge, the couch almost looking like a psychiatrist's long chair. "So about this orb..." he began, gently placing the ball beside him on the blanketed mattress and releasing his so-far constant hold on it. Nope. Broke contact with it and I'm still okay. I guess that means Amai is just special. "Never mind."

"Since we're sharing stories, I, uh. Actually no, I really can't match yours. I got out of school a bit early, like you, and didn't have any immediate prospects for afterwards, so I followed the call of adventure and duty. That's all I can say. Down side is I can't say I have any exciting stories to tell, but..." he went on, letting out a soft smile, "that just means the most exciting part is ahead. Especially considering these recent, uh, events."

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Amai smiled. Knowing that Damian really cared for her calmed her nerves, and since he wasn't affected by the orb, she knew it was something to do with her dragon-influenced bloodline.

"Damian, I..." she began, before shaking her head. "Thank you. I'm feeling a lot better now, since I was able to open up to you. I know my lineage wasn't anything super-secret, it's probably on the Galactic database if you look hard enough, but it was nice to get that off my chest."

Amai looked out the window and saw that it was now dark outside, but even in the electronic city of Sunyshore, the starts still lit up the night.

"I feel bad for ending our night so prematurely, so let's go to Route 222, just the two of us. We can go muck around in the water, and you'll get to meet Courtney, because she's our ride." Amai smiled, getting up off the couch. She walked over to her suitcase and rummaged through it, finding an aqua bikini. She grabbed it and zipped her suitcase back up.

"I'm just going to change into this in the bathroom." She said, walking into the adjoining bathroom and closing the door behind her. She didn't lock it, however, because she felt she didn't need to. She knew Damian would give her privacy while she changed, and even if she didn't, she wouldn't be complaining.

16. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    He leaned back on the bed, propped himself up on his elbows, and looked at the bar of light creeping from the bottom of the door, the shadows of two legs showing Amai shifting her position with the wardrobe change. Is it weird that I'm so incredibly under-prepared for anything relaxation-related? I guess I just have to go as I am. Damian pinched and rubbed the fabric of his outfit, same fresh exercise clothes he had been wearing since arriving in the city, and while good enough in function, they were clearly sub-par for the aesthetic of vacation or relaxation. Maybe that would be something to address later, in the name self-improvement if he needed to give himself an excuse.

While waiting, Damian thought on Amai's history as a specialist and wondered about his own affinities, perhaps he had a type connection within his soul. Psychic, perhaps, or Steel? There was certainly a deeper connection between himself and X' than any of his other Pokémon, but that's not a certainty. Even counting frequency of types trained, his main three partners were evenly dispersed among six different types, striking that method of pinpointing his affinity as well. How about Water or Ghost, something calm and with staying-power?

He looked to the clock. Six minutes have passed since Amai went into the bathroom. On its own, six minutes isn't very much, but for a wardrobe change? Already twice as long as it should take to change into a Tuxedo, even. "Hey Amai, how are you doing in there?" Do you need any help? He briefly considered asking, but last time he used that phrase was after waiting five times as long for a toilet to become unoccupied, and was easily written off as humor. Here? That offer could very well be taken with the utmost straighforwardness.

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Hold on, I'm coming!" Amai called back, before the sound of a toilet flushing could be heard. After putting on her top half of the bikini, Amai felt nature calling her. As she proceeded with her business, she stripped her bottoms, and simply put the bottom half of the bikini on as she stood up. After thoroughly washing her hands, she opened the door.

"OK, I'm ready!" she smiled, walking over to her suitcase. She unzipped it again, this time pulling out a small white purse. She grabbed the Ultra Ball as well, and put it in there, then approached Damian.

"If you're ready, let's go! We'll use Courtney to get to Route 222, since it'll take too long to get there by foot." Amai explained.

18. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    "That sounds good to me. Between the lake and the Munchlax climbing and all, I could appreciate some friendly transportation." Damian said, opening the door and gesturing with a bent arm and bowed head the way back outside. "Did you know, once upon a time I trained an Altaria? Soprano was his name, a real sweetheart of a Pokémon too." Damian told as they he and Amai looked for an open area to reveal Courtney. "He was left in my care while a friend in my sixth grade class went to another school for a half-semester. That was the first time I flew on a Pokémon, and it was such a thrill that I even stopped worrying about the ways it might have gone wrong. Now that I think about it," he went on as they neared a grassy courtyard big enough to stand just about any Pokémon, "Altaria are technically Dragons. Maybe I do have a little bit of dragon-tamer in me, deep down. Unless Courtney disagrees, of course."

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Guess we'll have to wait and see." Amai smiled as she dug the Ultra Ball from her purse. She threw it into the air, and a Dragonite materialised from it. But it wasn't just any Dragonite; unlike it's natural average height of 7' 3", this Dragonite stood at a massive 8'. She bent her head down majestically, and Amai snuggled up against it.

"Hey baby girl!" she cooed, rubbing the side of her head. "It's been so long, hasn't it? Ooh, I missed you so much!"

Courtney gave a series of content purrs in response, her love for her trainer shining through.

"Oh, I've got someone I want you to meet!" she smiled, skipping over to Damian. She stood beside him, and held his hand.

"Courtney, this is Damian. He's a... a really good friend of mine." She explained to the Dragon Pokémon, blushing. It was hard to admit that they were kind-of dating out loud.

20. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    That pause. Damian knew he noticed that hesitation in Amai's speech pattern, and subconsciously figured its reason without effort. She may be shy to actually verbalize and thereby solidify such an idea, but she was better about being careful than he was. After all, he used her first name in the first Lake mission debriefing, and absolutely didn't catch himself in time to prevent breaking that taboo. Different strata, but Amai was, in some ways at least, in better control of her words and actions.

And then Damian became aware of the hand-hold.

"Yeah, I might not be such a dragon tamer after all. Courtney is," He looked the Dragonite up, from its clawed toes up to the antennae on its head, "really something else. I get the feeling she would be fast friends with Soprano, though." Damian became aware of his heart-rate climbing by a few points in anticipation of the flight. "What are we waiting for? Onward to 222, right?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.