1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Battle Pokemon Draft League Interest Check

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Weedle Enthusiast, Jul 25, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in participating in the 3rd LVDL?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    So in the past there has been the LVDL (Lake Valor Draft League) on here. I personally found it to be a ton of fun, even during the time where I was not as into battling.
    Summary
    A draft league is fairly simple. Here is an explanation, as it was put in one of the previous threads.
    Each coach will draft 3 Pokémon from each of the 4 Smogon Tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU). Pokémon in the BL tiers will be counted with the tier above. (BL counts as OU, BL2 counts as UU, etc.) PU, NFE, and LC will be counted as NU. We will be abiding by Smogon OU rules and not LV OU (Aegislash and Greninja, among others are still banned.)
    With these 12 Pokémon, the coaches will go into 7 weeks of battle with each other member. The coaches will use 6 out of the 12 Pokémon to try and counter-team the opponent and build the best team possible. The 4 coaches with the highest record at the end of the regular season will be in the playoffs and battle for the title.

If there is enough interest for this, I will transform this thread into a sign-up area, with a list of the rules. It will also be the hub for everything else with it (like what each team drafted, the battle schedule, etc).
    I'll say this: You don't have to be great at competitive to do this and have fun. Actually, I got to be a lot better at Pokémon from doing these two things. And with only 12 Pokémon to worry about at a time (both usage and facing it), you don't have to prepare for everything.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And if you don't plan to check on this thread occasionally, but are interested, either follow/watch it, or post something so I know who to notify if it becomes a thing.

Also. if there is even more interest (though that seems unlikely currently), I might drop out and just be someone who can assist in prepping for battles. Though, I am also willing to do that during any weeks that I am not facing the person I'd otherwise help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017