1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Someone with a certain appetite for only Perfect Apples, huh?" Blacky's ears perked up. "Now that you've mentioned it, I do remember someone in Piquedilly's adventurer guild having such appetite," he reminisced. "A member there told me when we crossed paths on my way to Summerton back then."

(Is Wigglytuff the guildmaster there or what? I do remember that the Wigglytuff in PMD Explorers series is one tho.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @SAF

He is--and he will happily trade items or information for a Perfect Apple)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Ah yes... The guild with an image of Wigglytuff on the roof)

Something about Blacky's words resonated with Atelier. "So I've heard in my homeland," Atelier added. "There is a certain guildmaster who can sleep with his eyes open and gets fired up shouting 'yoom-tah' or something."

He checked his inventory once more, only to remember that he had collected fire materia from the lava lake. There was no sense in keeping it in its raw form, and the shops should be open by now. "So before we go to Piquedilly, we should backtrack and collect the spoils eh?"

SAF likes this.
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @122 Generation

(Actually, our next stop is the Stow-on-Side counterpart, Latemore...)

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Well, I suppose we'll bring it to this guild and see what happens. But first, we do have our current mission on hand." Xuehua gestured southwards.

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @ChocoChicken

Aine nodded. "Our next stop is Latermore, in the western mountains. The area is famous for the nearby ruins, and community of martial artists."

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "...Atelier, could I actually suggest a change of plans? Do either you or Blacky know the way there from Keelford?" Xuehua paused for a moment, head bowed in thought. "I was thinking if it would be faster if we headed directly to Latermore after our raids, instead of meeting here."

WavePearl likes this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Okay, seems like Xuehua forgot that Atelier wasn't even from Ardamore (as in the region) to begin with. Blacky stood up without even saying a word and headed to a map of Ardamore hanging on the inn's wall. He actually knew where Latermore is from Keelford, just had to make sure in case his memories were wrong.

(Actually, I don't know where Latermore is from Keelford, hence the rather vague narration.)

9. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @SAF

(Bulbapedia to the rescue!)

Latermore (fantasy Stow-on-Side) is roughly northwest of Keelford (fantasy Hulbury)

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier pondered at the map before looking back at Xuehua. “I suppose that if we meet there in a timely manner, I have no objections. Though honestly, I don’t know how to get there without a map. All the same, any way to make our journey more efficient helps.”

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Like, closer to Greenbury/Turffield? I've checked Galar map in Bulbapedia and it shows Stow-on-Side being closer to Turffield rather than Hulbury.)

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @SAF

(That works, and makes sense. Maybe I was looking at the map wrong.)

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Maybe, yeah. Still roughly northwest from Keelford/Hulbury tho.)

One map skimming later, Blacky finally spotted both Keelford and Latermore on the map. "So Latermore is roughly northwest from Keelford. We can go there via Greenbury or Kickenham, whatever works," he explained, then turned to the girls and suggested, "Although... you girls might wanna take the Greenbury route since it's closer from here."

(I mentioned Kickenham here because Galar's Route 6 connects Hammerlocke with Stow-on-Side.)

#2273 Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    ChocoChicken and WavePearl like this.
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @SAF

"I have no qualms with that route." Aine smiled. "The way to Greenbury is a pleasant walk, after all. Many a tune has been written about it."

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    "Then I suppose it's decided?" Xuehua turned to Atelier, waiting on his input eagerly. "We'll split up at Greenbury, where Aine and I shall finish scouring the ruins of the 'dethroned scum of Ardamore', and we four will meet once again at Latermore."

WavePearl likes this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In response to Xuehua's attitude, Blacky stiffened a little at the mention of "the dethroned scum of Ardamore". She had a point though, considering where the group was currently at.

He waited for Atelier to say something.

(I believe we're waiting for @122 Generation's input, right? I mean, since Xuehua's directly addressing Atelier and all...)

WavePearl likes this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (So sorry!)

Atelier had a slight blush on his face, seeing that everyone's eyes were trained on him, especially Xuehua's (though her remark about the 'scum of Ardamore' made him question her state of mind). "I have no objections. On the other hand, since we're heading from Keelford, Blacky and I will pass by Kickenham on the way to Latermore. We shall rendezvous in two days." He was perplexed by Xuehua's eager gaze, but could she be itching for a fight already?

The path to Latermore via Greenbury from Steamington traversed nothwest, while from Keelford the path was twice as long - requiring to travel northeast instead, and return to Latermore via Kickenham.

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Aight, deal," Blacky eagerly nodded. His route with Atelier would be Keelford-Kickenham-Latermore. And now that Atelier mentioned "passing by Kickenham"...

...it means Blacky got to pass by home.

122 Generation likes this.
  19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    @SAF

Aine noticed Blacky's thoughtful look. "Is Kickenham special to you...or somewhere to be feared?"

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Actually..." Blacky turned to Aine. "It's my home," he reasoned. One sentence should be enough for this one, right?

WavePearl likes this.