1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (Ready, though if we timeskip I'll just add that Xuehua has picked up her mini-staffs on the way)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

Later that afternoon the group returned with their purchases. Aine, meanwhile, had been studying the map of the lair, and practicing all her battle songs for the night...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Good timing, SAF. I was just thinking of bumping this RP too)

The sun was still shining although it was a matter of time before the campaign. Atelier had to make sure that his stock of goods and weapons were ready, and the coffee too. "I'm back," he greeted.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @122 Generation

"Welcome back." Aine smiled. "I trust we have everything for tonight?"

#2684 Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "I sure hope so," Atelier said. "If nothing else, we'll have to sneak into the lair in a timely manner and get to the end before the Dragon King returns in the morning."

WavePearl likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yo," Blacky greeted whoever's already returned. Seems like he's the only one in the group who didn't purchase anything.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier waved at Blacky. Then he went to his books and looked at his strategy again, plus reviewing the puzzles Blacky had described earlier. The campaign launch was not far off now.

WavePearl likes this.
  8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    "Everyone's ready, right?" Whilst studying, Xuehua had picked up her first Fire spell - Sunny Day, and refining the technique on her Rain Dance to try Water Pulse. At least one of them was bound to give the tyrant a bit of a shock.

(These moves are both actually in the Glaceon learnset, off TMs mostly though)

122 Generation, WavePearl and SAF like this.
  9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Oh hey, welcome back," Atelier waved at Xuehua. "I think we're ready... I am, and maybe Blacky." Wait, was that a fire he saw in Xuehua's eyes? If he had to guess, Xuehua was learning how to make fire... And she was an ice type, supposedly? Somehow, the supposed contradiction wasn't making sense in his strategic mind.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yeah," the Umbreon warrior nodded in affirmation. "I didn't buy anything, though. Just studied enough to know that Kubfu points at north and Sigilyph points at south." By "Kubfu" and "Sigilyph", he meant the constellations that would be Ursa Minor and Crux in real life, respectively.

(Spoiler that I initially forgot to write: This knowledge will be handy in the actual dungeon.)

#2690 Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    "Well, you know what they say. Knowledge is priceless, especially in this scenario." Xuehua shrugged. "And if we're all ready, shall we head out now? Time is of the essence."

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    While Blacky agreed with Xuehua that knowledge is priceless, he mentally facepalmed at her, uh, rashness. "We prolly should go when the Dragon King's out to hunt, though," he said, then turned to Atelier and Aine for confirmation. "Right?"

(Lemme remind y'all of this:
    Might as well poke @ChocoChicken and @WavePearl while at it~)

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

"Going in now would be asking for trouble." Aine agreed. "The sun has not yet set--we would be roast Eeveelutions if we attempted going in now."

SAF likes this.
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    "We could always set up an outpost a distance from the actual den, but I suppose you have a point," Xuehua responded with a bit of a slump. "Though I guess I should ask - aside from making it through the dungeon and attacking at dawn, do we have a specific strategy in mind for the actual battle with the King?"

WavePearl likes this.
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Atelier's ears perked at the mention of the topic and he went straight for his book of battle strategies to refer to the drawing he made the other day.

"We start off with an ambush..." he explained to Xuehua. "Depending on the outcome of the ambush, we'll have to organise ourselves and get ourselves set up with what we have after ambushing. And since this is a Luna type we're dealing with, we'll want to make use of Sol moves if we have any. Assuming this is an opponent who we can see, we could opt for the classical strategy to have someone draw his attention at the front and we attack from the back. But if this opponent can attack from the shadows, hence his name. We'll have to face him first."

WavePearl likes this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Listening to Atelier, Blacky simply nodded with occasional "Uh-huh"s every now and then. As a luna-type himself, the Umbreon was confident that he'll manage to draw the Dragon King's attention enough to spare everyone else (especially Aine as the resident sol-type) from the bad times he might unleash. But still... attacking from the shadows??? That part made Blacky raise an eyebrow. "Waitaminute, I thought Luna and Shadow Dragon Kings are different dragons?" he interjected. According to what little briefing Blacky's master gave him back then, Luna and Shadow Dragon Kings were mentioned separately.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

"Luna and Shadow are two sides of the same element." Aine explains. "Luna is the noble side of darkness, which Shadow is the evil side."

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oookay, now that made even less sense. I mean, Moon and Shadow Dragon Kings were technically on the same side, right? "Does it mean that Moon Dragon King is more cosmic-based and Shadow Dragon King is more, uh, shadow-based?" Blacky wondered.

19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

"Luna draws on the power of the cosmos--the moon the stars, galaxies, and things of that sort." Aine explains. "Shadow draws on the power of darkness--evil, nothingness and the void."

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Ah... I see. Well, that might make life a bit easier. I was thinking Moon and Shadow would have similarities... But that's another story," Atelier said.

"In any case, I suppose we can head out to set up an outpost until the Dragon King heads out of his lair," he suggested.

WavePearl likes this.