1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Evolution Quest (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 24, 2020.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Much deliberation (and a slight distraction of Piquedilly's view) later, Blacky decided to pick the right path. Pretty sure the den wouldn't be that far off now, would it?

(And now I'm wondering how the real-life version of ginseng coffee tastes like...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

(is that even real?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (I googled, and yes, ginseng coffee is a thing irl.)

WavePearl likes this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Although I do question how ginseng ups the attack power of moves in PMD)

As it happened, the right path that Blacky chose was uneventful, and led to a clearing where the Dragon King's den was not far off. It was also calmer up here on the mountain, and the lightning strikes weren't a severe.

"We're pretty far up," Atelier said. Then he decided to bring out his kettle and cup set and make use of the coffee beans. With his Firaga tome, he created a little ember of flames (with Flamethrower though, which created more fire than he would have liked. At least it kept him warm, and he used the fire to bring some water to boil (generated from his Watera tome). Who'd have thought he would be using his tomes to make afternoon tea?

Then he set about crushing the coffee beans to make a grind. Hopefully, these beans tasted okay.

Balance: 25,300C
    Inventory: ?x Books and Novels, 1x Journal, 1x Strategy Book, 1x , 1x Middle Rune of the Moon, 1x Watera Tome (SotS), 1x Firaga Tome, 1x Lunar Tome (CdL), 1x Steel Short Sword, 10x Geo Pebbles, 10x Gravelerocks, 2x Aloe Vera, 1x Kettle and Cup Set
    Equipped: Ethereal Grimoire, Thundara Gauntlets, Eevee Scarf

Party Inventory: 8x Dazzling Opal, 7x Amethyst, 4x Ruby, 5x Potion of Shrinking, 4x Potion of Power, 4x Potion of Magic, 1x Potion of Guarding, 4x Middle Runes of the Moon, 4x Middle Runes of the Stars, 2x Reviver Seeds, 1x Vile Seed, 1x Eyedrop Seed

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Xuehua paced about the edge of the den, keeping an eye out for the Thunder King and her staff ready by her side - the fight would likely be soon, and it was best they wrap together a last few preparations. "Does anyone here know what this King is capable of, other than potentially that storm up there?"

WavePearl likes this.
  6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @ChocoChicken

"As an electric type, we will likely have to be on guard against paralysis." Aine mused. "Cheri Berries and paralysis healing potions are a must."

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "I sure hope the gauntlets will be of use," Atelier said. He eventually managed to turn the coffee beans into a fine grind and was then able to prepare individual cups of coffee after the kettle was boiling. He poured the water over the grind, letting the scent of coffee fill the air. Then he said, "The right armour, and the right attacks and defence, will give us an edge. I do wonder if paralysis will be a problem though."

WavePearl likes this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Paralysis, huh?" Blacky mused as he checked on his stuff. I mean, this dragon had electric power, right? And that's the main cause of this thing called paralysis, right?

"Don't really have Cheri with me, but I do have some Lum..." By "Cheri" and "Lum", he meant the respective berries.

#3308 Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    WavePearl likes this.
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

As soon as the cups of coffee were ready, Blacky took a sip of his own coffee while holding the "lost princess" poster on his free paw. It's piping hot, yes, but coffee is normally best served while hot anyway. "And where could the princess be anyway...?" Blacky mused as he put the cup down for now.

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    @SAF

Aine snaps to attention--she heard a voice!. "Everyone! Listen!" she whispers.

"Who's there?" a female voice comes seconds later. "Have you come to save me?"

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    And Atelier wondered why Blacky preferred his coffee black. No cream. No sugar. Just straight coffee. He would have asked Blacky to use some of the Lum berries in the coffee but was interrupted by the sound of a voice.

"Hello...?" Atelier said back to the voice. "Who's there?" Just as he was about to read the job request in Blacky's paws, he decided to check out the voice, all while holding the cup of coffee in his paws.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Fun fact: Like Blacky, one of my brothers prefers his coffee black too. And yes, Blacky will retain this trait (?) for years after this tale concludes.)

And then Blacky's ears perked up at the female voice just now. Still with the job request in his paw, he stood up and said back to the voice, "Princess? Is that you?"

(Given that our group has an aspiring knight among them, I wonder if this would turn into one of those classic hero-rescuing-princess tales. :D)

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
  14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Just when I was gonna ask that... :sweat:

On a serious note, my first thought would be Gardevoir or Hatterene. I'll see what y'all think first.)

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (We already had a Gardevoir librarian earlier. Perhaps Hatterene or Tsareena?)

SAF likes this.
  16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Actually, I'm thinking about Unovan Lilligant...)

WavePearl likes this.
  18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,326.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (It could even be a Wigglytuff - maybe even a relative of the Guild one, haha?)
    A princess... Blacky did mention that. There was probably no harm involved in trusting the individual once they'd seen her, but Xuehua was instinctively on her guard at the voice that greeted them.

SAF likes this.
  19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,696.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Hah, good one. :D

Actually...
    So to narrow down our options, we have Hatterene, Tsareena (though she can also pass as a fighter), Unovan Lilligant, Wigglytuff (perhaps the Guildmaster's relative), and Mawile (since we're on a mountain). Who should be our princess out of those?)